Author Topic: Junk Food Addiction  (Read 5755 times)

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
Re: Junk Food Addiction
« Reply #40 on: January 9, 2015, 01:30:53 am »
On the occasion that there 's a bag of chocolate & blueberry mini-muffins brought into the house, they're basically already inside me. But I'm sure if I ate loads of them all the time I'd soon go off them... and the idea of going off muffins is a nightmarish one I'd rather not contemplate. You've basically given up on humanity if you reach that stage - much better just wolfing them down with glee and not touching another for a fortnight. Iron will, that is.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #41 on: January 9, 2015, 01:32:09 am »
Kebabs and McMuffin breakfasts.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #42 on: January 9, 2015, 01:40:26 am »
;D
The Rooney diet plan, part 1 start smoking, part 2 pull a granny, part 3 gets some hairplugs...you'll be thin in no time.

seriously though substitution works, obviously not cigs though. Try healthy snacks or drink some water when you get a craving. Break the habit and in a short time you'll not think about it.

Yeah substitution does work and I am looking for a way to completely take it our of my system.

It was easy last year with you guys struggling but this year it has been different.  ;D

"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #43 on: January 9, 2015, 01:42:09 am »
Seriously though, you'd have to be a total fucking weirdo to turn down the offer of a pickled onion Monster Munch or three. That's pretty much how Nazism started.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #44 on: January 9, 2015, 01:44:26 am »
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 9, 2015, 07:50:26 am »
Just because it worked for Wayne Rooney doesn't mean it'll work for others.

Am I missing something? Is he no longer a fat goblin, but a skinny goblin?
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #46 on: January 9, 2015, 08:22:16 am »
good morning, just had this for breakfast

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 9, 2015, 08:53:33 am »
good morning, just had this for breakfast

Damn, I should not have come on this page .... what on earth is it ?!

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2015, 09:07:48 am »
I ate a disgusting amount of junk food every day. But I also exercise a bit. Stopped ALL the junk food. Apple at breakfast, noodles lunch, home made curry for tea and a fruit salad. And LOTS of cups of normal tea. I won't lose 10lb this week though!
Nah.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2015, 01:50:49 am »
:sad

Is there a way out?

Its sugar. Everything has it. Its the most silent health risk in the world it seems. My Trainer went through it all with me, got me eating high protein good fats and carbs in the right amounts

Heres a passage on sugar: This is just one of many things it does to you

Sugar (sucrose) and high fructose corn syrup contain two molecules: glucose and fructose.

Glucose is absolutely vital to life and is an integral part of our metabolism. Our bodies produce it and we have a constant reservoir of it in the bloodstream. Every cell in the body can use glucose for energy. If we don’t get glucose from the diet, our bodies produce what we need out of proteins and fats.

Fructose, however, is very different. This molecule is not a natural part of metabolism and humans do not produce it. In fact, very few cells in the body can make use of it except liver cells.When we eat a lot of sugar, most of the fructose gets metabolized by the liver. There it gets turned into fat, which is then secreted into the blood.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2015, 03:03:05 am »
Had an incredible kebab earlier with a garlic and cheese chip.

I wish I had another.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2015, 03:54:47 pm »
I'm a stickler when it comes to what I eat these days. I don't eat McNasty's, Burger King, KFC, Wendy's, Domino's, Pizza hut or any other fast food chain. I stay well away from them. I don't care how tasty they are, I just refuse to poison my body with that shite. Processed, chemical laden, artificially sweetened shite! Nah, fuck that for a laugh.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2015, 05:26:22 pm »
Yes, I'm addicted to Pepsi. The fact it's black and fizzing should put me off but by God I love it.

I eat healthily apart from that so swings and roundabouts.

I use Pepsi and Coke to clean the coins for my lad's collections, takes 'em up to a brilliant clean shine in about 12 hours.

Think what it's doing to your innards............ :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 05:29:14 pm by viteslesrouges »
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #53 on: January 12, 2015, 09:17:37 am »
Start smoking. Everytime you want some junk food, have a cig, it will stop the cravings.

Beat me to it .   ;D

Maybe go one further and smoke crack as that will totally cane the appetite.

Nah , seriously.  Too much junk food will eventually kill you.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2015, 09:22:45 am »
Here's a link I've just found.

http://www.onegreenplanet.org/natural-health/addictive-ingredients-in-fast-food-and-their-effect-on-your-body/

Another thing , it's addictive for a reason . They put addictive chemicals in to keep you coming back for more. You're nothing but a quick buck to them and your health is the last of their priorities.

Sorry to tell you how it is.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2015, 10:11:11 am »
Learn how to make whatever your particular vice is. That way you have control over what goes into it, and seeing it has a shed load of butter, sugar or oil or whatever sets it in your mind that you probably shouldn't have loads of it!

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2015, 10:35:17 am »

The food of the gods!

Everytime I get a junk food craving, I eat houmous. It's brilliant. Fill the fridge with the stuff. Nowt quite like the smoothness of fresh houmous or the tang of days old houmous. Plus you get to smell like garlic, one of the better odours!

My cravings tend to be situational. If I'm eating out, not liking the thought of twiddling my thumbs while everyone tucks in, I might cave in and get a dessert, or if I'm eating on the go I might grab the first thing I see, which is usually a pork pie. At home I usually have it under control, if I buy only healthy food I can eat only healthy food.

Made my own for the first time this weekend and it is fantastic (better than the best shop bought ones I've had). Worked out at about £1 for approx 400g (twice the size of a supermarket tub) which will last us for days.

You need a food processor or blender and the following ingredients:
1 400g tin of chickpeas (organic if you can get them)
About 2/3 of the juice of a lemon.
A good punch of salt.
1 crushed clove of garlic.
2 teaspoons of tahini (this is a sesame seed paste you can get in larger supermarkets. My local Sainsburys keeps it in a section called "speciality ingredients". Costs a couple of quid, but you'll get about 10 batches from one jar).
About 5 tablespoons of good extra virgin olive oil.

Drain the chickpeas and retain the water from the tin. Rinse them under the cold tap. Throw them in the blender with all the other ingredients (and about 3 spoons of the chickpea water you held back), except the oil, which you should add gradually after you've started blending. You can adjust the amount of garlic, salt and lemon juice a little according to your own taste. Piece of piss. Should store ok in the fridge for about 4 or 5 days.

Serve with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, to dip with carrot batons or warm wholemeal pitta. Yum.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:37:48 am by ۩ Imperator ۩ »
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2015, 02:32:14 pm »
Yes, there is a way to stop. Just stop it altogether and never look back.  I did this at the start of August. I was never fat, but slightly overweight and I ate crap. I am getting married in July and decided enough is enough, I didn't want to look like that on my wedding photos. I have since gone from 13st 7lb to 11st 4lb (this took three months), I have developed pecs and a six pack (which I had never dreamt possible) and I am regularly running in 10K races and improving my PBs each time. I feel better than I ever have in my life.

In a typical day, I used to get up, have a coffee and no breakfast, have crisps in the morning, a Pot Noodle or a pasty for lunch, more crisps when I got home, biscuits, LOADS of fizzy sweets, and typically a load of pasta or something with chips for tea.

I now wake up, have a bowl of porridge and a small juice with my coffee, I have a protein shake and an apple mid morning, soup and a slice of brown bread for lunch, a banana in the afternoon, a brown pitta and hummus for a snack after work, another protein shake after the gym, and typically something like chicken, brown rice and salad for dinner, then some grapefruit and Greek yoghurt a little later. I am eating about 8 times a day, (more than I ever used to), I never feel hungry, but it is all good for me and the regular eating keeps my metabolism high. I am also working out 5 times a week.

All these changes were made absolutely overnight. Balls deep or nothing. The first few weeks were awful - I hated brown bread, brown pasta, porridge, brown rice, and the headaches I had from weaning myself off the sugar we're unbelievable. Now I have developed a real taste for it all, and the thought of going to McNasty's or eating a Pot Noodle makes me gag. I firmly believe anyone can do it.

That's really impressive, have you cut down on booze as well or didn't you drink much to begin with?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2015, 02:34:29 pm »
Every time I get within yards of a Gregg's shop door I come away with a couple of iced fingers.

I'm bragging rather than complaining.

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2015, 06:58:13 pm »
That's really impressive, have you cut down on booze as well or didn't you drink much to begin with?

I have cut down on booze but not cut it out altogether. I will maybe have 7 or 8 beers a week these days.
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2015, 07:01:37 pm »
Char Sui Fried Rice followed by Ben and Jerry's Choc Fudge Brownie ice cream for dinner!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #61 on: January 12, 2015, 07:20:30 pm »
Every time I get within yards of a Gregg's shop door I come away with a couple of iced fingers.

I'm bragging rather than complaining.

Hahahahahahaa
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2015, 09:57:53 pm »
Made my own for the first time this weekend and it is fantastic (better than the best shop bought ones I've had). Worked out at about £1 for approx 400g (twice the size of a supermarket tub) which will last us for days.

You need a food processor or blender and the following ingredients:
1 400g tin of chickpeas (organic if you can get them)
About 2/3 of the juice of a lemon.
A good punch of salt.
1 crushed clove of garlic.
2 teaspoons of tahini (this is a sesame seed paste you can get in larger supermarkets. My local Sainsburys keeps it in a section called "speciality ingredients". Costs a couple of quid, but you'll get about 10 batches from one jar).
About 5 tablespoons of good extra virgin olive oil.

Drain the chickpeas and retain the water from the tin. Rinse them under the cold tap. Throw them in the blender with all the other ingredients (and about 3 spoons of the chickpea water you held back), except the oil, which you should add gradually after you've started blending. You can adjust the amount of garlic, salt and lemon juice a little according to your own taste. Piece of piss. Should store ok in the fridge for about 4 or 5 days.

Serve with a sprinkle of smoked paprika, to dip with carrot batons or warm wholemeal pitta. Yum.

That sounds gorgeous, I echo the smoked paprika love. I'll have to have a stab at it myself, spending at least a fiver a week on the stuff at the minute.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2015, 10:37:09 pm »
Eat healthy all day then every night I just can stop eating rubbish.
Same here, mate.  In work everyone is baffled by how I pick away at apples and tangerines and salad, but still look like a swollen sausage.

That'll be because I get home and feel sorry for my deprived self.  And, woah, there's a fridge and freezer full of tasty goodness.

Definitely an "out of sight" situation for me.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.