Author Topic: Rodgers and the Mods  (Read 8965 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Rodgers and the Mods
« Reply #80 on: May 29, 2015, 11:00:59 pm »
Indeed, it's the users that make RAWK, not the Moderators.
For which I would like to apologise.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2015, 01:47:56 am »
For which I would like to apologise.

You better appologize.  ;D
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2015, 05:41:55 pm »
We've always tried to get match goers as mods, mate. I was going to 30+ a season when I became a mod, but times change, and so more recently I haven't been. It'll probably pick up again next season. But the problem with having a load of match-going mods is that after a shit game, we're all in the pub getting pissed, and the knobs on here run riot. ;D

Look, everyone just needs to take a look at this thread to demonstrate just how hard it is to get the balance right. Some advocating for having their opinions heard - whatever that opinion is. Others want much tighter moderation, more deleted posts, more "censorship", I suppose. Yet when that happens, it's cries of "Nazis" and other such shit that gets thrown our way. The whole moderation thing is subjective. It's impossible not to be. Is it reasonable to not allow people to slag off Rodgers after we're battered by fucking Stoke? Is it reasonable to not allow that discussion? No. We try to let it flow, and delete anything that becomes disrespectful and OTT... but it's not easy. Because everyone's opinion on OTT / disrespect is different. Some find questioning the manager AT ALL to be disrespectful. Others might think it's OK to call for his head as long as they don't call him a c*nt. You get this spectrum of people at the match as well as on here.

There used to be a time when the rule of thumb for moderating was to compare the post-match threads to the chats we'd have in the pub after the game. Posters would self-moderate to that sort of standard too. But that time has been and gone. We're trying to "fix" the things about RAWK that are broken, but we can never keep everyone happy. Our choices in terms of moderation are 1. Try to maintain the balance between allowing respectful opposing opinions while maintaing support for the club, 2. Become an anything goes site, or 3. Tightly moderate everything and force everyone to conform to our own view of "The Liverpool Way". Whatever happens, people are going to have a dig.

You know I'm in the old school camp, so I just avoid those threads like the plague because I think it's impossible to stem the tide and can't be arsed trying to reason with unreasonable c*nts. Venting after games like Palace and Stoke though is understandable. It doesn't matter whether you were on here or sat in a boozer outside the Britannia, you'd have a face as long as ET's phone bill. Constructive but respectful misery like Brentie's about the team, and Al's about the owners is sound and no problem at all. All adds to the debates and like it or not, there's some really good exchanges between the likes of Al and Craig over the owners regardless of what side of the fence you're on concerning our clueless, know fuck all about football, hedge funded, Yank overlords. But shite like what Rodgers' oral hygiene routine is, what bird he's shagging, whether he's got a portrait of himself or a Samuel L Jackson picture over his hearth and whether he's renting his fucking gaff of Gerrard or Rigsby repeatedly to slate him when it has got fuck all to do with the results, the tactics, style of play or formation? Nah. They should be fucked off and banished for ever more. You could ban about three people and it would get rid of at least 50% of the nasty, snide posts on the main forum that have got fuck all to do with realism, constructive debate or any type of respect for the club, the players or the manager. While you're at it, you could also ban me, Chopper and Nick and get rid of about 92% of all the inane drivel on here too if you fancy  ;D  The mods are all sound and do a brilliant job in very difficult circumstances, apart from Jim, the custom title altering twat.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2015, 10:37:44 pm »
Indeed, it's the users that make RAWK, not the Moderators.

This is a brilliant point from Tony, to be honest I would agree with the OP, the site is full of 'toxic' (buzzword of the week) posts from people who genuinely seem to enjoy saying "Told you we were shite", perhaps as a way of alienating their own feelings from the hurt a result at Stoke causes. Who knows. But Tony and Chopper are both righ the fans have changed and feel entitled to 'outdo' eachother on how viscious they can be, and secondly that's reflected on here.

We get accused of being 'sunshiners' and ignoring the 'truth' somehow, yet when we allow bile and outpourings of frustration, just as we also feel by the way, we are then told the site is losing quality and its standards.

This season has also hit all of us hard, energy, momentum and hope all taken a battering and as Jim points out, we are fans too and it hits us hard too. So what to do? As ever, we will try to remove abusive posts but allow reasonable debate. The problem is we can only moderate what we're given and everyone I guess, has to take some responsibility. We also try to provide a platform for better writing and other areas of discussion but again if people aren't motivated to help out then the site is again, nothing more than a reflection of what is put in.
Yep.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2015, 11:11:21 pm »
There's a reminder in the main board and we will ensure the main RAWK rules are met.
Yep.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: May 31, 2015, 08:38:25 am »
This is a brilliant point from Tony, to be honest I would agree with the OP, the site is full of 'toxic' (buzzword of the week) posts from people who genuinely seem to enjoy saying "Told you we were shite", perhaps as a way of alienating their own feelings from the hurt a result at Stoke causes. Who knows. But Tony and Chopper are both righ the fans have changed and feel entitled to 'outdo' eachother on how viscious they can be, and secondly that's reflected on here.

We get accused of being 'sunshiners' and ignoring the 'truth' somehow, yet when we allow bile and outpourings of frustration, just as we also feel by the way, we are then told the site is losing quality and its standards.

This season has also hit all of us hard, energy, momentum and hope all taken a battering and as Jim points out, we are fans too and it hits us hard too. So what to do? As ever, we will try to remove abusive posts but allow reasonable debate. The problem is we can only moderate what we're given and everyone I guess, has to take some responsibility. We also try to provide a platform for better writing and other areas of discussion but again if people aren't motivated to help out then the site is again, nothing more than a reflection of what is put in.

I really do appreciate your sentiment. Unfortunately, many of the complaints from people about falling standards are in my opinion causing these falling standards. One, they create an environment where the message boards resemble more of an echo chamber than anything where people with differing opinions are hounded by others in threads. I've been on this site and posting for nearly a decade, so I'm not saying this is a recent phenomenon or anything like that. I think this has continued for long. But I don't blame the moderation because the members have a major input in how the site is run and I think far too many members conflate criticism or even asking for a managerial change with abuse. There are similar issues with commenting on players and it's unfortunate. If people question the wisdom of a certain signing, the usual suspects are out in force with the usual platitudes. I think the lack of dissenting voices makes this a duller place than it was. The freedom of speech argument is vital. If you want a vibrant forum, you need people with opposing views. Often those that don't agree with a certain line are hounded and there's no chance for a proper debate. I for one don't lay any of the blame at the moderation team's feet, but I think if things were allowed to run for a bit longer, the wheat will separate itself from the chaff.

For what it's worth, I don't think 'negativity' should ever bee a banning offence. Some people are worriers and others are not.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: May 31, 2015, 09:15:03 am »
Appreciate your post mate. For the record we have never banned anyone for negativity. However persistent and consistent negative posts that don't move an argument forward or are just bloody whining will get you booted off eventually. This is a Liverpool fan site first and foremost. We should also point out that some of the best posters on here are long term moany bastards.
Finally I agree with you, the membership have to take some responsibility too.
Yep.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #87 on: May 31, 2015, 09:17:13 am »
For what it's worth, I don't think 'negativity' should ever bee a banning offence. Some people are worriers and others are not.
I agree totally as I'm sure the Mods do,it's the old saying "it's not what you say,it's the way you say it"

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: May 31, 2015, 09:18:32 am »
We should also point out that some of the best posters on here are long term moany bastards.

Thanks, I didn't know I was one of the "best posters" ;)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 31, 2015, 09:23:29 am »
;D
Yep.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #90 on: May 31, 2015, 12:54:00 pm »
Thanks for the input, it's been an interesting read and highlights the difficulties the site faces. Just for clarity, my main worry was the abuse that has come Rodgers way recently.

I just think a line should drawn when it comes to abuse. That in itself can be tricky because some people, while not directly abusive, will consistently be negative and give out snidey negative comments about the club, manager, players etc.

There's a fine balancing act here and one I don't envy.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #91 on: May 31, 2015, 02:01:26 pm »

I think you need to open threads with title like:

"Rodgers is Shite"

"FSG are Evil"

and delete any mention of them in other threads.  Of course I wouldn't be the one doing the work...
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #92 on: May 31, 2015, 08:52:55 pm »
Thanks, I didn't know I was one of the "best posters" ;)

Well be that as it may.  I'm not at all that arsed about your mind.  Its your body that spikes my interest.  Got any sweaty vest piccies? Yum. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: May 31, 2015, 10:49:05 pm »
:)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #94 on: June 1, 2015, 02:52:44 am »
Tempted to rename this thread to "Rodgers & Hammers Time".

You'll Never RAWK Alone?

ohshutup ;D :wave

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: June 1, 2015, 03:53:25 am »
This thread is going round and round like Carousel

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: June 1, 2015, 12:03:29 pm »
Oh for fuck sake you two... ;)

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #97 on: June 1, 2015, 12:24:21 pm »
Well while away from here after some person who wasn't being very nice (Redacted by mod) told me i havent got the guts to fight for this club, i decided to weigh up if it was worth being involved with this place anymore, and in the end the good outweighs the shitheads in the main site, so i am back. (and we welcome this... added by mod!)

i must agree with the comment that the last few weeks have been dominated by the same four or five posters with a massive and sometimes abusive often disrespectful Anti- Rodgers stance and seek to bring down every thread to a level they can function in and i know its difficult as a mod tried running a couple of forums in the past and it aint easy, but some of these posters who dominate all these threads need reigning back to give the better posters and tepid a chance to get involved in any discussion, lately it was like open warfare on any person who defended Rodgers at all.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2015, 12:51:22 pm by Harinder »
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #98 on: June 1, 2015, 01:23:45 pm »
OK which bastard changed my CT ;D

I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: June 1, 2015, 01:27:08 pm »

Not me but :lmao
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: June 1, 2015, 01:38:27 pm »
Great to see you back Mutts.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: June 1, 2015, 02:03:39 pm »
Welcome back Geoff.

Le Jake.   ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #102 on: June 1, 2015, 02:37:15 pm »

Sometimes, they own up. Other times, like Harinder, they revel in reflected moderatorial glory...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: June 1, 2015, 03:35:38 pm »
The main board is actually not bad at the moment. We tend to notice the shite more than the good stuff as we've been spoiled in the past, but hopefully it'll turn better. (I sound like Rodgers now)
Yep.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #104 on: June 1, 2015, 06:59:09 pm »
Hinesy Out! :wanker

;D :wave

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #105 on: June 1, 2015, 07:04:48 pm »
The main board is actually not bad at the moment. We tend to notice the shite more than the good stuff as we've been spoiled in the past, but hopefully it'll turn better. (I sound like Rodgers now)

i see great character in your post :p
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: June 2, 2015, 12:24:51 am »
Well while away from here after some person who wasn't being very nice (Redacted by mod) told me i havent got the guts to fight for this club,

What the hell would he know?    ::)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: June 2, 2015, 10:38:42 am »
I think we're done here thanks.

https://youtu.be/i9MytO0O_q0
Yep.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #108 on: June 2, 2015, 01:55:06 pm »

Well that would be grassing.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: June 2, 2015, 09:22:38 pm »