Author Topic: Match Preview: Manchester City v Liverpool - Saturday November 21st, 17:30.  (Read 39716 times)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
Manchester City v Liverpool: Match Preview

Saturday November 21st, 2015 | Kick-off: 17:30 GMT | Coverage: Live on Sky Sports 1.

There are no nice defeats, but one directly prior to an international break is undoubtedly among the worst. Not only is Roy Hodgson blow dried and set to be wheeled out on his sedan chair, but we now have to endure his continued presence on Earth whilst simultaneously stewing on everything that went wrong against Crystal Palace. It feels like an entirely unjust double punishment, and one that has seen the narrative and perception on where Liverpool Football Club finds itself at this point in time revisited once again. Less than three weeks ago Juergen Klopp found himself deflecting opportunistic talk of a title challenge after a wonderfully satisfying victory at Stamford Bridge made it five unbeaten and two wins on the bounce for the charismatic German, and yet eight days later and following yet more dropped points in what can only be described as Groundhog Day at Anfield that narrative was turned upside down, as taglines such as unbeaten in eleven, quickly became two league wins since mid-August, and subsequently the nature of the upcoming fixture at The Etihad has evolved from somewhat of a bonus game for the Reds, into something far more significant. Whilst it remains too early to be labeling games as anything akin to 'must win', or even 'must not lose', the prospect of the gap to fourth increasing to ten points is worrisome in relation to the seasons prospects. Equally though, it's worth noting that the run of fixtures following this one reads; Swansea (h), Southampton (a), Newcastle (a), West Brom (h), Watford (a), Leicester (h) and West Ham (a), and with each of the major away trips out of the way there will be an opportunity to close any gap.

In contrast to the fluid nature of the short-term, popular narrative though, the wider picture remains bright. The growing doubts around the longer term ambitions of the club have been dampened, as the hope of a unified vision finally being implemented in how to achieve them is re-instilled. Furthermore, visible signs of progress are evident on the field already, and that despite the club topping the Premier League injury table, with ten players currently exchanging war stories in the Melwood treatment rooms. That list includes the star striker, club captain and first choice centre-back; The spine of the team. Remove the equivalent players from most teams the world over and you'll witness an impact. It certainly hasn't aided the new manager during the early weeks of his reign, and yet his message has been refreshing in its unwavering positivity. Belief is something that the German has referenced several times since his arrival at the club, and it's evidently something that he possesses both in himself, but also in the potential of the squad of players he has inherited. That belief will take a while longer to transmit to the players and the club he now leads though, still fleeting somewhere between sporadic and entirely elusive following eighteen months of under-performance. The hope however, has undoubtedly returned, and that's equally important in representing the foundation upon which belief and ultimately progression can be constructed. Hope is what defines the underlying mood of a football club and by extension that of its supporters, without which there is nothing but darkness and despair. The fabled escape from reality becomes a Sunday afternoon trudge around an overcrowded Asda with the kids in tow, with nothing to show for it when you arrive home but a headache and an unwelcome dent in your bank account. Depressing, frustrating and generally unsatisfactory. There will undoubtedly be more storms to traverse before we see the clichéd golden sky, but the very fact that talk of an emerging horizon exists once again is the single biggest progression made under Klopp thus far. For the supporters, and no doubt those within the club as well, that's a significant step forward.

And so to Manchester City; A club quite literally afforded the ability to step out of the shadows following the Abu Dhabi takeover in September 2008. I always quite liked City. Well, as much as you can possibly like a club from the other end of the M62. They're not United, for one (the enemy of my enemy...), plus I always thought of them as something approaching the romantic notion of a proper club. Given their historical tendency for spontaneous implosion there was an element of quiet admiration for the loyalty of their long suffering support as well. Oh, and Kinkladze. Did I mention him yet? A lovely player to watch when he was in form. The word 'mercurial' was made for him. And then there's Maine Road. Memorable to me as being the venue of my first ever away trip, as well as to this date the only away ground i've found myself seated in the wrong end. From memory I was about twelve at the time and I went with my dad, who spent most of the journey preaching the importance of subtlety on such occasions. Of not drawing any undue attention to ourselves and of blending in. No colours, keep quiet - that kind of thing. The pre-teen me of course nodded furious and consistent agreement. It all made perfect sense and felt like my early initiation into football away trips. I was determined to prove myself and in turn ensure that I was included in the next planned outing. It was all going perfectly well - right until David Thompson thundered in a twenty-five yarder mid-way through the first half and the next thing I know i'm in the air, fist pumping, as the Mancunian faces that surround us look menacingly towards the spotty intruder who just landed amid a sea of groaning blue shirts, and my dad, sat to my left, shakes his head in disbelief. A shrug of the shoulders and; "I couldn't help it" as I retreated to my seat was met with the kind of look that said; "I'm not angry, just disappointed". We lost that game in the end, and my dad, unsurprisingly, didn't take me away from home again for a while. By God did I enjoy that first away goal though. It's moments and emotion like that that continues to make this beautiful game of ours what it is.

All of this was old City, of course. Pre-Abu Dhabi City. Now it's different, and not so much because they've since gone on to consolidate themselves as a perennial top four club and title challenger, but more so the unshakable feeling within me that we laid out the red carpet, popped 'Blue Moon' on the record player and simply offered them our seat at the top table the moment we agreed to sell the club to Messrs Hicks and Gillet. The City support regularly pay homage to Sheikh Mansour and his ownership group for the positive impact they've had on the club, and rightly so, but perhaps they should tip a cap in the direction of the Lone Star State as well. Without the intervention of the Texan and his one-time friend the challenge might've been a little less straight forward. Now, I'm fully aware that this is in fact a frustration with the underlying competence (or otherwise) of Liverpool Football Club and the men in suits who decide its direction, which I'm consciously projecting onto an entirely separate entity in Manchester City Football Club, who simply became relevant, and through our own failings were permitted to overtake us. Regardless, that feeling of regret each time I reflect on our respective current positions remains and the ghost of the previous regime at Liverpool Football Club, seated before a roaring fire with a club branded mug in hand and Snoogy Doogy playing softly in the background, lingers on.

Personal frustrations with the current landscape aside, they're not a bad team, are they? There's certainly no debating that particular point. Delightful to watch at times, the manner and seeming ease with which they go about utilising any and all space afforded in unlocking well organised and often crowded opposition defences is an aspect of their play that I can't help but admire, particularly so given our own troubles in that regard. The patience and intricacy, allied with intelligence and underpinned by belief is something to first aspire to, and then to better. Boasting some of the finest talents in the game, a visit to the blue half of Manchester isn't one that many clubs have enjoyed in recent years and we've been no exception. The last time the Reds emerged with three points - on the 5th of October 2008 - the ink on Sheikh Monsour's purchase agreement was still damp and Kings of Leon's Sex on Fire was at number one. On that occasion a Fernando Torres brace and a Zabaleta red card helped Rafa's men overturn a two goal half time deficit. Since then it's been just two points from the previous five meetings as the alternate trajectories of the two clubs during that period has played out in the results. The two week break should see the return from injury of pivotal members of both squads. Jordan Henderson and (whisper it) Daniel Sturridge are expected to come back into the fold for Liverpool (although the latter remains unlikely to feature here), whilst David Silva and Sergio Aguero are also poised to provide the Sky Blues with a similarly welcome boost.

Form and statistics:

Manchester City

Last five (all competitions):

Aston Villa 0-0 Manchester City
Sevilla 1-3 Manchester City
Manchester City 2-1 Norwich
Manchester City 5-1 Crystal Palace
Manchester United 0-0 Manchester City

League form:

W W W L L W W D W D

Attack rank (home): 1st
Attack rank (away): 10th
Attack rank (overall): 1st
Defence rank (home): 5th
Defence rank (away): 1st
Defence rank (overall): 2nd

Current position: 1st

Liverpool

Last five (all competitions):

Liverpool 1-2 Crystal Palace
FC Rubin 0-1 Liverpool
Chelsea 1-3 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-0 Bournemouth
Liverpool 1-1 Southampton

League form:

D L L D W D D D W L

Attack rank (home): 11th
Attack rank (away): 15th
Attack rank (overall): 12th
Defence rank (home): 12th
Defence rank (away): 4th
Defence rank (overall): 9th

Current position: 10th

Head-to-head; Last five:

01/03/15  Liverpool 2-1 Manchester City
25/08/14  Manchester City 3-1 Liverpool
13/04/14  Liverpool 3-2 Manchester City
26/12/13  Manchester City 2-1 Liverpool
03/02/13  Manchester City 2-2 Liverpool

Prediction:

In his short time at the club Klopp has already experienced trips to White Hart Lane and Stamford Bridge, taking four points from six and faring well. From solid to expansive with gradually increasing organisation and intensity, as players become accustomed to the demands of the new boss. You certainly wouldn't put it past the man from The Black Forest to gegenpress his way to something here as well, and for the sake of the clubs league targets for this season they possibly need to. Head back down the M62 with a point or more and the oft-lacking belief will continue to develop as we move towards the busy festive period. Regardless of the outcome though, the hope surrounding the longer term prospects of the club will remain unaltered as the clouds continue to part.

Manchester City 1-1 Liverpool
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:18:57 am by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Honestly think we will pinch a point here and I don't think City would be too upset with it either.

Expect Sterling to get a frosty reception from the travelling kop.

Offline JCB Barnes

• Main Stander
  • Goal Digger
Excellent OP. The first couple of sentences sums things up quite perfectly.

I think we will get something from this. We'll be like a wounded animal. How dare Palace halt our momentum.

Offline ahfolk79

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Honestly think we will pinch a point here and I don't think City would be too upset with it either.

Expect Sterling to get a frosty reception from the travelling kop.

He did say in that infamous BBC interview that he wanted his own song from the Kop. I've a feeling one or two personalised numbers might get an airing on Saturday evening.
"He’s not so much a player I can really take responsibility for. I’d have to share the responsibility for Joe, less so than for people like [Christian] Poulsen, [Raul] Meireles and [Paul] Konchesky, who are players I was quite happy to bring to the club."

Roy feeling justifiably smug about the powerhouses he snatched from under the noses of Barca

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
whilst David Silva and Sergio Aguero are also poised to provide the Sky Blues with a similarly welcome boost.

I assume neither will be fit to start?

I actually think it might have been a blessing in disguise had Silva started.  Obviously he is one of the best attacking players in the league.  However with him starting it probably would have meant Toure going back to CM and for me that is where we could have got joy.  Toure doesn't have the same hunger to defend as he does to attack and it is a big reason why performed well against Man City in nearly all the games under Rodgers.  I actually think facing them with Fernando and Fernandinho  in CM, with Toure having a free role, will be tougher and we'll less likely control the CM.  Then they have two star potential impact match winners in Silva and Aguero, to swing the game in their favour off the bench, which is worrying.  So personally I'd rather have seen Silva start for them, making them more vulnerable in CM.

I think whoever they play, our team mostly picks itself due to injuries.  Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Coutinho, Firmino and Benteke I expect all to start.  So I think Ibe, Lallana, Milner and Allen (if he wants to stiffen up the CM) will be battling it out for the other place.  I'd lean towards Ibe, in a 4-2-3-1 formation, as he is playing well and he gives us pace which no one else really offers in the squad, which might be important if we have less of the ball, which you'd expect away from home.  But Klopp might prefer someone like Milner (depending on fitness) or Lallana, who probably offer extra work rate than Ibe does.

Benteke is ace in these types of games.  He's the best in the league at holding the ball up and this will give Coutinho, Firmino etc plenty of possession to hurt the opposition.  We're fully capable of getting a result, as the games vs Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea have shown all away this season.  Man City always seem to like to play the game at their pace, which is not the quickest tempo.  I expect Klopp to get our boys right up for it, get in their faces and not allow that to happen. 

Who had the awful idea of having El Classico on at the same time as this?  Anyway, let's hope we can get a result, without Henderson and Sturridge, Sakho three of our best players - it would be impressive.
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
City's one of the teams we seem to do well against, expect maybe a point to be honest if Aguero and Silva are still out, City shown they can't deal with Coutinho in between the lines in the past and I think added with Firmino we'll get a lot of joy in the gaps between Toure/Fernandinho and the cbs, expect it to be a relatively open game, fingers crossed we take our chances because we will create them.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
We have to do the running like we did at Spurs. When you do that it`s almost like having an extra player and it`s crucial in games like this to make you competitive and to compensate for the lack of bit of quality compared to them.

On the other hand with the combination of Lovren and Moreno on our left side it`s gonna take a minor miracle for us to concede less than two goals to give us a chance to get something out of the game.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
I assume neither will be fit to start?

Similar to Henderson, Sturridge et al, you'd assume it was unlikely.

Not certain when either returned to training - which would give a better indication of how close they are - but i'd guess a spot on the bench.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
Not read yet but thank fuck for this! Been waiting for a pre-match thread for day for something to read and look forward to.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
"Wank Shaun Wright Phillips youre just a wank Shaun Wright Phillips"

"When you're sat in row Z, and the ball hits your head, that's Sterling, that’s Sterling.”

Sort it lads.
Seen us win everything

Offline luckyluke

• A proponent of intercourse during accelerated perambulation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super bonanza extravaganza
Re: Match Preview: Manchester City v Liverpool - Saturday November 21st, 17:30.
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 02:01:33 pm »
A must win. If ever there was one.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 02:07:39 pm »
No more Internationals until March  :champ

Obviously a tough one but I fancy us to take something away from this. Klopp has a good record so far away from home against the 'big ones'.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 02:28:08 pm »
I think we'll get a point. We're better suited to playing away from home at the moment and we've only lost once from Stoke, Arsenal, Man United, Everton, Spurs and Chelsea away.

City also have no strikers at the moment.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 02:35:23 pm »
I think we'll get a point. We're better suited to playing away from home at the moment and we've only lost once from Stoke, Arsenal, Man United, Everton, Spurs and Chelsea away.

City also have no strikers at the moment.

Is Bony out at the moment?

I know he went off during their last match.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 02:50:03 pm »
Manchester City 2 - Liverpool 1

Can see a loss coming on, but again if we lose but learn something and find our direction then I won't be too down.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 03:08:04 pm »
Manchester City 2 - Liverpool 1

Can see a loss coming on, but again if we lose but learn something and find our direction then I won't be too down.

Same here.  I just want to see the squad build their confidence and performances.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 03:08:42 pm »
Probably the toughest game of the 38 we'll play this season in the league, let's twat these manc bastards
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 03:13:29 pm »
Looks like Silva will be back for this one.  And the midfield (Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Sterling & Toure) will win out with Navas on the bench.  There is enough fire power there to be concerned.  However, if we pinch the first goal and make it difficult for Silva/D-Bru/Toure in the middle --- and do not let Raheem expose us---- we should be good. 

Hart might be up for another gaffe or two....
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline invader_gir

• Anny Roader
    • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 03:16:52 pm »
We will win this one and lose the next "easy " game in hand.. typical right?

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 03:49:53 pm »
No more Internationals until March  :champ

Oh thank fuck
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 04:21:10 pm »
Normally I don't worry about the opposition too much but I'll be a lot happier if Aguero doesn't start this. Feels like he always scores against us at their place. I know Bony has been a threat against us in the past but would rather him than Aguero.

We'll be missing key men (as ever) but I'm sure Klopp will have a plan for this. I'm sure we'll concede, it's almost a certainty but even with our missing men we can cause them some problems too.

Anything is possible here, let's keep the positivity!

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 04:34:49 pm »
Nice OP.

I think we'll see the genenpress train in full flow here. Most importantly Klopp has had the chance to work with Moreno, Lovren, Coutinho, Firmino, Milner, Ibe and Lucas for 2 weeks.  That's 7 starters that could potentially play on Saturday and no doubt those 7 have been preparing for this game for quite a while and to me that is a huge plus.

Also, Benteke didn't play any minutes over the 2 weeks, and Can only played about 60. So, there really is no excuse for tiredness after the internationals. For these reasons I think we'll see a solid display.
YWNA

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 04:54:55 pm »
If Benteke takes his chances we could get a point, 2-2 or something. We're back to the horror show defence for now, I can't see us not conceding at least 1.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 04:57:53 pm »
1-1 I think

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 05:40:49 pm »
As long as we don't lose - my brother is a season ticket holder for them and my Dad has supported them since the fifties.

Will be unbearable if they win !!  ;D
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 05:51:48 pm »
Let's bring back DAgger to deliver the fore arm shiver.

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 06:02:33 pm »
A point is a good return here but we then must beat Swansea the week after. Benteke, Coutinho and Firmino up top please.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 06:18:01 pm »
Let's bring back DAgger to deliver the fore arm shiver.
;D

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 06:26:55 pm »
Expecting to be pleasantly happy come the final whistle. 1-2 Bobby F with his first for us. 
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline lfcthekop

• knows how to inbed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 06:29:28 pm »
Got a feeling that little money grabbin tw@ will score, but think we'll win 2-1

Offline Le_Mot_Juste

• Pity that it is hidden in thousands of considerably less merit.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fully endorse my custom title
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2015, 07:06:27 pm »
A must win. If ever there was one.

This a joke?

It's not even remotely a 'must win' - unless you think we're challenging for the title - Which we aren't.

Lucky too, because I'm pretty sure we're gonna get beaten. Hopefully we give it some fight, and the positive signs continue to emerge.

Would be very happy with a point.
To choose dogma and faith over doubt and experience is to throw out the ripening vintage and to reach greedily for the kool-aid.
- Hitch

Offline Andy

• short fingered vulgarian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Form is temporary, class is permanent.
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2015, 07:17:41 pm »
"Wank Shaun Wright Phillips youre just a wank Shaun Wright Phillips"

"When you're sat in row Z, and the ball hits your head, that's Sterling, that’s Sterling.”

Sort it lads.

"Raheem Sterling, your agent's a knob."

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 07:25:09 pm »
I actually hope the fans dont boo Sterling or give him any sort of abuse. Simply because he's irrelevant to us, he wasnt here long enough with us to achieve anything to make him even remotely interesting so therefore just refuse to acknowledge him and treat him like any other City player.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2015, 07:45:30 pm »
All I ask is for us to go there and play with no fear.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2015, 07:48:30 pm »
We are clearly the underdogs, but we seem to perform well when we are.

We've got a good record against them so hopefully we can get something.

Any points would be a bonus.

Lets give a good showing and take the game to them!!!

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 08:19:50 pm »
The Mirror - the fountain of all knowledge I know - says Sturridge is fit for the game

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2015, 08:36:42 pm »
I think we can sneak a draw but it will be tough. Didnt exactly end on a high a couple of sunday's ago though and even though it feels like a decent break this is the worst match for a 'reset'.

Having said that its better that we are playing away. We are shite at home and even though we have won twice in 2 seasons at home against City i dont look forward to many home games.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2015, 08:39:17 pm »
The Mirror - the fountain of all knowledge I know - says Sturridge is fit for the game
Come on mate you know the score by now, when a source, any source says something we want to hear it's a good source and if not then it's quite clearly bollocks. In all seriousness I think Barrett and Hunter said he had only just returned to full training so i'd go with what they say and let's face it we dont want him to break down again so we can wait and ease him back into the side.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2015, 08:41:11 pm »
It looks like Lovren will be starting, but this actually could be a good game for Touré if we play deep enough.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2015, 08:42:39 pm »
It looks like Lovren will be starting, but this actually could be a good game for Touré if we play deep enough.

It would be a good game for Lovren if he plays deep enough as well. I think he will do ok if Aguero doesnt start but if he does then he is fucked.