Author Topic: Copa del Rey 2013. Real v Atletico (tonight 8:30)  (Read 22975 times)

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Copa del Rey 2013. Real v Atletico (tonight 8:30)
« Reply #560 on: May 18, 2013, 08:11:38 am »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #561 on: May 18, 2013, 08:24:38 am »
Is that you John Fashanu?

:lmao Can't let this little work of genius go unnoticed.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #562 on: May 18, 2013, 11:44:57 am »
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline golgolgol

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #563 on: May 18, 2013, 11:47:12 am »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #564 on: May 18, 2013, 12:30:01 pm »
Is it fuck. That's the Real Madrid mentality to a tee. They were c*nts before Mourinho, and they'll be c*nts after Mourinho.

Some of them may have been and indeed will be.
What I know though is that Xabi and Arbeloa for example weren't behaving and acting like shithouses while they were with LFC. I've seen them doing that in Madrid some times. Thus the Special c*nt's effect.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #565 on: May 18, 2013, 12:48:45 pm »
Very happy for Jimmy Insua, always liked him as a player when he was with us and its good to see him winning trophies abroad.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: May 18, 2013, 12:52:59 pm »
Some of them may have been and indeed will be.
What I know though is that Xabi and Arbeloa for example weren't behaving and acting like shithouses while they were with LFC. I've seen them doing that in Madrid some times. Thus the Special c*nt's effect.

Oh, of course. Xabi and Arbeloa have become shithouses on the pitch and that's 100% down to Mourinho.

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Currently flying solo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • What planet is Garrincha from?
« Reply #567 on: May 18, 2013, 02:09:07 pm »
Didn't realise Atletico hadn't beaten Real in 14 years (25 games). What a disgraceful record to the spanish football.
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline Dani LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: May 18, 2013, 02:20:00 pm »

I am glad to see Mourinho leaving Spain in this way. It is also good that Chelsea have decided to go after him, instead of some some top class young manager who could actually build something special there.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #569 on: May 18, 2013, 02:47:32 pm »
So happy for Atletico and their wonderful fans. They really showed us a good time when we went over there and behaved impeccably when they came to Anfield.

Class fans, real fans and this is for them.

Feliz fin de semana amigos

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #570 on: May 18, 2013, 02:48:53 pm »
Didn't realise Atletico hadn't beaten Real in 14 years (25 games). What a disgraceful record to the spanish football.

Err... these things happen in football. Disgraceful?... get a grip mate.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 02:53:57 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: May 18, 2013, 02:52:22 pm »

How many time have Everton beaten us in that time period, how about City (prior to huge investment) vs Utd or other such derby teams? Sometimes a club just doesn't do well versus a rival, it's normally symptomatic of a difference in revenue/spending/etc... and not 'disgraceful performance'.

How is if disgraceful when Real have spent probably a huge (insane) amount compared to pretty much all other La Liga clubs (except Barcelona) in that period?

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: May 18, 2013, 03:09:18 pm »
How many time have Everton beaten us in that time period, how about City (prior to huge investment) vs Utd or other such derby teams? Sometimes a club just doesn't do well versus a rival, it's normally symptomatic of a difference in revenue/spending/etc... and not 'disgraceful performance'.

How is if disgraceful when Real have spent probably a huge (insane) amount compared to pretty much all other La Liga clubs (except Barcelona) in that period?
It's disgraceful for the spanish football that such a big rivalry could see one of the teams on such a superior level. I'm not calling Atletico disgraceful. This record just goes to show how polarizing La Liga has been for the past decade or so.

I'm sorry, but 25 games is too much. And we all know that Atletico hasn't been that bad in this period.

As for comparisons, Everton beat us 5 times since 1999, whilst City beat United 8 times since 2000, being 4 of them before they became loaded
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:15:49 pm by Johnny B. Goode »
'You put Pele face-to-face with me and I'll tell him: Pelé - you, me, any so-and-so...we can't deal with Garrincha, he's better than all of us.' Eusebio

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #573 on: May 18, 2013, 03:23:46 pm »
It's disgraceful for the spanish football that such a big rivalry could see one of the teams on such a superior level. I'm not calling Atletico disgraceful. This record just goes to show how polarizing La Liga has been for the past decade or so.

I'm sorry, but 25 games is too much. And we all know that Atletico hasn't been that bad in this period.

As for comparisons, Everton beat us 5 times since 1999, whilst City beat United 8 times since 2000, being 4 of them before they became loaded

So you're basing the La Liga being uncompetitive based on one set of derby results? Yes, as one of their fans its getting comically unbalanced but a derby isnt symptomatic of all results, and not something you can use to claim something that isn't causally related. When you consider Atletico's results vs Barcelona then the picture changes again. Not as one sided eh? Yes, there has been a dominance by two teams but it's not just because they dominate their direct rivals, but because they're better than everyone else consistently.

Soccer League / Tournament   Win   Loss   Draw

Primera Division ( FC Barcelona )   11   7   3
   Primera Division ( Atlético Madrid )   7   11   3
   Copa del Rey ( FC Barcelona )   2   none   none
   Copa del Rey ( Atlético Madrid )   none   2   none
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:25:39 pm by JohnHobbes »

Offline Johnny B. Goode

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: May 18, 2013, 03:30:36 pm »
So you're basing the La Liga being uncompetitive based on one set of derby results? Yes, as one of their fans its getting comically unbalanced but a derby isnt symptomatic of all results, and not something you can use to claim something that isn't causally related. When you consider Atletico's results vs Barcelona then the picture changes again. Not as one sided eh? Yes, there has been a dominance by two teams but it's not because they dominate their rivals.

Soccer League / Tournament   Win   Loss   Draw

Primera Division ( FC Barcelona )   11   7   3
   Primera Division ( Atlético Madrid )   7   11   3
   Copa del Rey ( FC Barcelona )   2   none   none
   Copa del Rey ( Atlético Madrid )   none   2   none

No, it's not because they dominate their rivals. It's a league, after all. The disparity in the Madrid derby is a consequence, not a cause. Now, I know that in 25 games a lot of factors helped to make such a record possible and in a very unpredictable sport such as football a little detail might have changed a lot of those matches, but the point still stands. The 14 year drought works to show how much of that disparity has grown in recent years, even if Atletico could have just as easily won a few of those games.

Yes, it's comically unbalanced. And even though a derby isn't symptomatic of all results, this is comical too. Almost hard to conceive.

Offline loozy

• Legacy Fan
  • Phil M's biggest female fan
« Reply #575 on: May 18, 2013, 04:42:34 pm »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #576 on: May 18, 2013, 07:07:08 pm »
What about Spurs and their terrible record against both Chelsea and Arsenal (and United?) until recently?

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #577 on: May 22, 2013, 04:40:50 pm »
14 years of hurt over for Atletico. ;D

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #578 on: May 22, 2013, 05:03:04 pm »
Oi!

Dont bump a thread like this. I thought there was footy on for a second :(
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #579 on: May 22, 2013, 05:05:30 pm »
14 years of hurt over for Atletico. ;D

Extra Time only just finished in your household?

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #580 on: May 22, 2013, 06:58:13 pm »
Extra Time only just finished in your household?

No, it was great seeing Real Madrid lose.