Author Topic: Liverpool 1 v Man United 1 (Sky Sports 2 12.45)  (Read 13330 times)

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Liverpool 1 v Man United 1 (Sky Sports 2 12.45)
« on: October 10, 2011, 12:33:48 am »

Well, that time is upon us yet again. They are two of England's most successful clubs and they meet again this Saturday
It's Liverpool versus Manchester United at Anfield.

Head-to-head

United have lost their last three Premier League visits to Anfield, not winning since a 1-0 victory in December 2007 when Carlos Tevez scored. This is the club's longest run of defeats at Liverpool under Mr. Ferguson - and the longest since losing seven from 1972-79.
But United have the edge over Liverpool in terms of overall league victories, by 71 wins to 61. The two clubs first met in 1895 - in the old division two - when the Merseyside club romped to a 7-1 win.
There have been four red cards in the last four Premier League meetings at Anfield - three for Manchester United, one for Liverpool.
Draws are rare in this league fixture's recent history. The last one came 12 matches back, a 0-0 encounter at Anfield in September 2005.

In the past 3 seasons, everytime we have met United at Anfield, we have won all those games. Our previous five meetings have ended as such :
Liverpool 3 - 1 Manchester Utd ; Kuyt 3, Hernandez
Manchester Utd 1 - 0 Liverpool ; Giggs pen
Manchester Utd 3 - 2 Liverpool ; Berbatov 3, Gerrard 2
Manchester Utd 2 - 1 ; Rooney & Park, Torres
Liverpool 2 - 0 Manchester United ; N' Gog & Torres
While the previous 5 meetings at Anfield have ended as such :
Liverpool 3 - 1 Manchester Utd : Kuyt 3, Hernandez
Liverpool 2 - 0 Manchester Utd : Ngog & Torres
Liverpool 2 - 1 Manchester Utd : Brown O.G & Babel, Tevez
Liverpool 0 - 1 Manchester Utd : Tevez
Liverpool 0 - 1 Manchester Utd : O' Shea

team news :
Liverpool : Starting XI :  Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Lucas, Adam, Gerrard, Downing, Kuyt, Suarez.
                  Subs :  Doni, Bellamy, Carroll, Henderson, Spearing, Robinson, Agger.
United : Starting XI : De Gea, Smalling, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Jones, Fletcher, Giggs, Park, Young, Welbeck
              Subs : Lindegaard, Carrick, Anderson, Rooney, Hernandez, Nani, Valencia

ref : Andre Marriner
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 02:24:21 pm by SRAWL »

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Man united (sky sports 1 12.45 )
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 12:24:50 pm »
Team: Reina, Kelly, Carragher, Skrtel, Enrique, Adam, Lucas, Kuyt, Gerrard, Downing, Suarez
Subs: Doni, Bellamy, Carroll, Henderson, Spearing, Robinson, Agger.

Not convinced by the CB pairing, but we will have to hope that both are on form (or that the mancs don't get the ball near our peno box! :P). Not really surprised by Kelly being in instead of Johnson (due to his last incident) - I hope that Kelly can maintain his good performances and doesn't get injured!

My Football fantasy team is going to suffer this week - No Rooney and no Aguero :'(. The benefit is that I wont lose points for Rooney getting a red!
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 12:28:46 pm by SRAWL »
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 12:28:45 pm »
Well we wondered who would make way for Stevie. I thought it would be Adam, but it's Carroll.
Sky waffling on about United's bench, but fuck me Bellamy and Carroll are great options.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 12:31:17 pm »
COME ON YOU REDS

Getting them in early.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Re: Liverpool v Man United (Sky Sports 2 12.45)
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 12:32:49 pm »
Pretty delighted Dirk's got the nod. Kelly will be particularly delighted.
No Rooney is interesting. First goalscorer betters up and down the country will be furious.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 12:40:40 pm »
Jeez it is good to see Stevie starting again!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 12:41:12 pm »
Guys, thoughts on Carroll making way after his goal against Everton?
I was quite looking forward to seeing Stevie alongside Lucas to be honest. But here's to a big game Charlie.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 12:43:57 pm »
Guys, thoughts on Carroll making way after his goal against Everton?
I was quite looking forward to seeing Stevie alongside Lucas to be honest. But here's to a big game Charlie.

I think it allows Stevie to get forward and have a go at their defence a bit to be honest. Can't wait to see him bag a couple in!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 12:46:09 pm »
I think it allows Stevie to get forward and have a go at their defence a bit to be honest. Can't wait to see him bag a couple in!
It does indeed. As for formation, we'll be 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1, 4-4-2 at different times depending on the situation. Be particularly interested to see if Dirk stays out wide.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 12:46:28 pm »
1 - And we're off!!!! Come on you reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mancs kick off.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 12:47:36 pm »
1 - Foul - SUarez "fouls" a manc defender.....he just ran beside him and tried to win the ball....fairly...Mancs waste the free kick (that was in their half) and Liverpool get the possession..

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 12:48:08 pm »
Pleasing start this. Into them from the off, pressing high.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 12:49:20 pm »
Gerrard seems to be favouring the right. Great cross field ball from Downing to him just now.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 12:50:37 pm »
4 - Very promising and quick start from Liverpool. Pepe shows a bit of nerves as he mis-kicks.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 12:51:00 pm »
Good defending from Carra to ease Welbeck away from a dangerous ball floated into the box.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2011, 12:51:37 pm »
Commentators: "Just think that in Phil Jones' 19 years Liverpool have never won the league"......"huhh nice one".....

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2011, 12:52:17 pm »
That interception from Adam was Lucas-like. Freed Lucas to run at United, but not enough support.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2011, 12:53:35 pm »
7 - Pepe manages to get a good pass to ENrique down the left who skins two manc players to smash the ball into the box....ball hit back to de Gea to pick up easily.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2011, 12:53:59 pm »
Enrique at £6m is looking more and more like a steal. Encouraging mistake from Smalling there too. Shame Luis' cross was so deep and there weren't any bodies running into the box.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2011, 12:54:57 pm »
8 - Foul - Downing loses the ball to Smalling and tries to win it back, but slides in late....no card.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2011, 12:55:13 pm »
COME ON YOU RED MEN

ANFIELD ROAD Ringing out.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 12:56:52 pm »
Downing is really surprising me today with his excellent defensive shift so far. Great to see.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 12:57:47 pm »
11 - FOUL- Ferninand climbs all over Suarez when Reina makes another really good pass upfield.....free kick..... Gerrard plays it in, but Evra clears.....

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 12:58:42 pm »
12 - Carra plays it out ON THE GROUND.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 12:59:47 pm »
That was a very cute dive from Downing down the right, draws a free kick from Evra who repeatedly demanded a card. Wait for your birthday.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 01:00:03 pm »
13 - Ref calls a foul on Kelly...poor decision as he looked to get the ball. Free kick is just outside the Liverpool box. Someone calls out "you piece of shit" hehe

Reina catches easily and quickly starts another Liverpool attack...

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2011, 01:00:38 pm »
12 - Carra plays it out ON THE GROUND.
Has since the start to be fair. No doubt some will claim this is because Carroll isn't starting.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2011, 01:02:13 pm »
58% possession for Liverpool!
Indeed. United starting to look dangerous though.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2011, 01:02:24 pm »
16 - Jones smacks it out wide left to Evra.....Evra puts a good ball into the far post and Jones headers.....wide.......close.....

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2011, 01:03:29 pm »
'Where's your famous atmosphere' rings out  ::)

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2011, 01:04:24 pm »
So I spose we all now know how and why Sir Ryan Giggs of Giggsyshire is still quite spritely.....

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2011, 01:05:20 pm »
United are handling Suarez well, giving him no space. Jones in midfield looks excellent, such a shame they nicked him off us.
Noticeable that Lucas isn't playing as deep as he normally does. On one level this pleases me, on another it worries me.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2011, 01:06:14 pm »
20 - Liverpool having some possession and not really doing too much with it, but we are looking sharp and there are some good passes and quick play.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2011, 01:08:17 pm »
Strangely, Downing is staying wider on the right than he is on the left. Great whipped ball by Stevie G there from a short corner. Dare I say better than his usual delivery from direct corners. Unlucky Suarez didn't get more on it.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2011, 01:08:28 pm »
21 - Downing and Enrique run down the left and Downing smacks a cross to Suarez...Suarez loses out, but the ball falls back to Downing who smacks it at Evra.....corner.......short corner taken and Stevie hits a good low pass in to the box......mancs defend the ball, and the ball falls to the back post.....no one there....

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2011, 01:09:46 pm »
Sliding tackle from Suarez there, defending from the front! Love it. Like Rushie that.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2011, 01:10:21 pm »
24 - FOUL _ Smalling is all over Suarez like Giggs was all over his sister in law. Suarez given free kick.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2011, 01:11:28 pm »
25 Suarez hits one from just past the halfway line......wide..... :lickin

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2011, 01:13:08 pm »
Interesting diagnosis from the Doctor via PM. Agree bar the last conclusion. Also we have firepower on the bench too.
As much as I hate him, Ferguson has this spot on so far. It's practically impossible for us to get in behind, and the longer this stays 0-0 the more chance they'll have of hitting us hard with Rooney, Nani, and Hernandez in the second half.

We're all being pushed back and back until we're basically on the halfway line and Suarez is 30 yards out. We can't win like this.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2011, 01:14:32 pm »
Lucas yellow. Not good this early. Not good at all. Bit of a soft one too, hardly any contact.