Author Topic: Trent Alexander-Arnold  (Read 1386221 times)

Offline fewmin' bedwetter

• Would appear to have great expectations......
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Trent Alexander-Arnold
« Reply #400 on: March 27, 2017, 05:49:55 pm »
I think we'd be better served in resting Milner, moving Clyne to LB and giving trent the rest of the season.

So far as his development goes I'd rather he stays a right back. It's not hard to find good top class midfielders but it's a different matter all together finding great fullbacks. You look at Germany, probably still the best nation about, and they're playing Kimmich RB because they've loads of good central midfielders, he'll probably play there for Bayern as well when Lahm retires this summer; which means they'll have two elite fullbacks who'd be very good (maybe not quite elite) central midfielders with him and Alaba.

So, with the derby coming up, you'd be "resting" (dropping) Milner, one of if not the best left-back in the league this season, and a totally integral part of our team, and play an out-of-form right-back Clyne there instead? Genius.
NEVER starts a sentence with, "So..."

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #401 on: March 27, 2017, 07:02:44 pm »
So, with the derby coming up, you'd be "resting" (dropping) Milner, one of if not the best left-back in the league this season, and a totally integral part of our team, and play an out-of-form right-back Clyne there instead? Genius.

I'm not sure what's more genius, me saying that or you thinking that Milner is the best left-back in the league this season then proceeding to say Clyne is out of form at the same time.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #402 on: March 28, 2017, 09:04:57 am »
I'm not sure what's more genius, me saying that or you thinking that Milner is the best left-back in the league this season then proceeding to say Clyne is out of form at the same time.
HAHA!

i think though giving Trent the rest of the season is very premature. Milner could do with a rest, a game here or a game there. dont forget we have only 9 games left, others have as many as 11 not including cups
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #403 on: March 28, 2017, 12:08:59 pm »

Quoting Milner as one of the best left backs in the league is laughable.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #404 on: March 28, 2017, 12:25:35 pm »
Quoting Milner as one of the best left backs in the league is laughable.

Why? Only Rose and Alonso, both of whom have played as wing-backs regularly this season and therefore been more offensively liberated, have been definitively better this season.

Online Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: March 28, 2017, 12:45:25 pm »
Why? Only Rose and Alonso, both of whom have played as wing-backs regularly this season and therefore been more offensively liberated, have been definitively better this season.

Milner has been pretty poor for a while in all honestly.

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #406 on: March 28, 2017, 12:59:58 pm »
HAHA!

i think though giving Trent the rest of the season is very premature. Milner could do with a rest, a game here or a game there. dont forget we have only 9 games left, others have as many as 11 not including cups

You're probably right on that. I think my thinking with Milner is that he looks very lead legged since christmas, he's done well in some games to get through it. Would be nice to get Trent in after this weekend though, maybe just by gradually giving him more and more minutes, then giving him the last couple of games as a starter. He certainly looks like he's stepped it up another level in the last month though.

With Milner I think he's done well all things considering but it's reaching to say he's been the best. Yeah I get Alonso has been a wing back, Rose only more recently, but they're still better. You've got Bertrand as well. The rest have been pretty forgettable though so I supposed you'd say he's the best of the rest.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: March 28, 2017, 01:34:30 pm »

he does look leggy alright but the games are lessening now so that should really freshen him up

but it is at the stage where he is now targeted by opposition. He has done well considering it is clearly not a natural position

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #408 on: March 29, 2017, 04:24:55 am »
I think Milner's been perfectly fine. Good, even.

I personally can't remember (and it may well be because my memory's failing me) his defensive errors costing us in 2017.

It's not his defending that's an issue for us, and even going forward, he offers more on the ball than most fullbacks.

The trouble with him is, he mostly cuts in onto his right, and that's a massive issue for us when Coutinho does too. We're have little enough space without both of our left-sided players cutting in.

I'd go so far as to consider playing him on the right, except he prefers the left and then we'd be left with Moreno on the left.

It's just one of those funny situations where the player is not really at fault, but he's not what the team needs.

It'll be interesting to see his role in the team next season, if we get a proper left-footed attacking fullback. I'd miss his professionalism and penalties.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: March 29, 2017, 05:01:52 am »
Technically, Moreno's a left-footed attacking full back but I get your drift. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Moreno starts against Everton and Milner moves into midfield, especially since Everton's first-choice right back isn't going to be playing.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #410 on: March 29, 2017, 05:48:25 am »
Technically, Moreno's a left-footed attacking full back but I get your drift. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Moreno starts against Everton and Milner moves into midfield, especially since Everton's first-choice right back isn't going to be playing.

Yes, but he's also Moreno.

Personally I wouldn't mind trying him, but I seriously don't think Jurgen trusts him at all. 

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: March 29, 2017, 09:43:39 am »
we could move milner into the lallana role and play moreno?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #412 on: March 29, 2017, 10:23:40 am »
But that means playing Moreno! Can't see it happening in such a big game. Maybe Bournemouth.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #413 on: March 29, 2017, 10:26:35 am »
But that means playing Moreno! Can't see it happening in such a big game. Maybe Bournemouth.

I don't think I could survive another one of Moreno's "snap" tackles.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #414 on: March 29, 2017, 11:57:44 am »
Yes, but he's also Moreno.

Personally I wouldn't mind trying him, but I seriously don't think Jurgen trusts him at all. 

He clearly doesn't trust him.  He can't have starred more than two or three league games all season? Certainly not since August anyway.

Trent might pick up the odd start between now and the end of the season. With one game a week for the most part I can't see him changing the usual full backs too often from here on in and I'm OK with that (awfully good of me I know!).

Next season will be different. Almost certainly European football means one way or another Trent will get plenty of starts I think. Either (hopefully not) Europa group stages or maybe some League games before/after Champions League. Plus most domestic cup games. I think Clyne will still be first choice next season and again, that's a sensible call but think Trent will get plenty of game time.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #415 on: April 1, 2017, 03:51:53 pm »
Made up to see TAA get his chance today, and how delightful would it have been had he managed to score? I love how positive he is, doesn't seem to have any fear at all. Hope him and Woodburn get some more chances before the end of the season. The future is bright and Red.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #416 on: April 1, 2017, 03:52:21 pm »
Boss.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: April 1, 2017, 03:52:53 pm »
Did really well when he come on, wouldn't mind seeing him get a game to give Clyne a breather in the week. But at this rate he'll be needed further forward!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #418 on: April 1, 2017, 03:54:05 pm »
Did really well when he come on, wouldn't mind seeing him get a game to give Clyne a breather in the week. But at this rate he'll be needed further forward!
was very composed on the ball...

I feared the occasion might get to him and he might dive in... but absolutely not...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: April 1, 2017, 03:54:26 pm »
I really want him to make it here. At this age he has what it takes
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: April 1, 2017, 03:57:01 pm »
i was dumbfounded when he was coming on to be honest.

His usual role at RB is obviously cemented by our steady eddie, Mr Clyne.

I was thinking that his role was to provide cover for RB but was I wrong.

He was basically everywhere down the right. Making runs, defending and the best part of all making the run beyond the forwards which he almost scored from if not a brilliant save from robles.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: April 1, 2017, 04:31:32 pm »

He was basically everywhere down the right. Making runs, defending and the best part of all making the run beyond the forwards which he almost scored from if not a brilliant save from robles.

Yeah I thought it was a strange sub. Did really well though, played through the centre and down the right and showed good energy.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: April 1, 2017, 04:37:12 pm »
Not a sub I anticipated but I refreshing one.  At 3-1 our aim was to hit them on the counter and TAA added to that. Was able to cover the right side and add the pace on the counter

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: April 1, 2017, 05:10:00 pm »

He played centre midfield in the younger age groups and is also more than comfortable at right mid. Right back is one of a number of strings to his bow.

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #424 on: April 1, 2017, 05:21:24 pm »
The kid certainly looks the part. Love his energy and confidence.     

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #425 on: April 1, 2017, 06:35:23 pm »
Encouraging display from TAA when he came on today, looks a real prospect.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #426 on: April 1, 2017, 06:37:22 pm »
pretty good cameo from him today. Great energy and had a couple of nice efforts on goal. He'll definitely get more chances next season especially with us being in Europe.

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #427 on: April 1, 2017, 06:41:43 pm »
This kid is the real deal. Future captain.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: April 1, 2017, 06:45:39 pm »
I wonder if Klopp see's him more as a future midfielder than an RB/WB? It certainly is a position he has played before and is more than used to.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: April 1, 2017, 06:51:33 pm »
He looks so effortless when he glides across the pitch, wouldn't it be wonderful if him and Clyne were allowed to interchange for a whole game. It may even help Clyne bring back his offensive game that we saw when he first came here to Liverpool.

TAA though on his own is a genuine prospect, he's even been putting them into the net down at youth level lately. I can see why now Klopp has been using him so much since the start of the season. Him and Woodburn will probably have significant roles to play next season. Really looking forward to it now.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #430 on: April 1, 2017, 07:02:58 pm »
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a start midweek.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: April 1, 2017, 07:03:24 pm »
Not a worry at all when he came on, and that is the correct answer, he doesn't make mistakes and he's a proper player going forward too. Let's just hope we've got another good 'un coming through.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: April 1, 2017, 07:31:36 pm »
That was impressive today

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #433 on: April 1, 2017, 07:41:46 pm »
We're going to be seeing an awful lot more of him, aren't we? He just keeps impressing. Shame he couldn't nick a goal.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #434 on: April 1, 2017, 07:53:04 pm »
He looks so effortless when he glides across the pitch, wouldn't it be wonderful if him and Clyne were allowed to interchange for a whole game. It may even help Clyne bring back his offensive game that we saw when he first came here to Liverpool.

TAA though on his own is a genuine prospect, he's even been putting them into the net down at youth level lately. I can see why now Klopp has been using him so much since the start of the season. Him and Woodburn will probably have significant roles to play next season. Really looking forward to it now.

How apt your username and a post about interchanging full backs.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: April 1, 2017, 10:36:37 pm »

Given he's a local lad I was worried he'd run around like a headless chicken and make some bad challenges to "show he cares" but I was pleasantly surprised to see him just play football really well :-)

Seriously though, he's a huge talent, his ability to play in multiple positions and influence a game, his athleticism and technique along with a good head on his shoulders- easily the best prospect we've had since Sterling and Woodburn isn't far behind him

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #436 on: April 1, 2017, 11:28:36 pm »
He was really good today.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: April 2, 2017, 01:37:27 am »
What I liked about TAA today was his decision making. Almost perfect, if not perfect. Can't think of an incident where he made the wrong choice or screwed up in all honesty. Was always forward thinking too, not passing for the sake of it, making the right runs etc

Well played that man

YNWA

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #438 on: April 2, 2017, 03:33:57 am »
Clyne has been fairly poor as of late and I thought he was average at best in the derby as well. His end product in the attacking third is non-existent. Perhaps it's time to give TAA a run out, we've got all our games against the top 7 side out of the way now.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: April 2, 2017, 03:53:24 am »
Bit gutted he didn't get a goal. but pleased with his play.
choose Life.