Author Topic: Loan Watch 2016-17  (Read 89454 times)

Offline Tjfruits

• Anny Roader
Re: Loan Watch 2016-17
« Reply #160 on: January 23, 2017, 05:56:59 pm »
Why won't klopp give Markovic a go? I know he was poor before, but with Mane off - i think he could be a good match for his pace. As lallana looked to slow on Saturday on the right ?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: January 24, 2017, 08:46:07 am »
Delighted about the Markovic deal - at the very least it should give us closure whether the lad has the raw tools to cut it in the Prem. He just needs the chance, and Hull need a magician.

Always thought he came across as a good lad and there were a few games where he looked the real deal before tailing off again ... really hope he smashes it at Hull and can he has the tools to succeed in the Prem.

Yes, it is a good move for him. Marco Silva is a very talented manager, and they don't have too many wingers on their team. If he utilizes Markovic well next to Snodgrass and Hernandez, they might have a chance of surviving.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: January 24, 2017, 08:50:31 am »
Why won't klopp give Markovic a go? I know he was poor before, but with Mane off - i think he could be a good match for his pace. As lallana looked to slow on Saturday on the right ?

When asked why he has sent him on loan to Sporting, Klopp replied that he wants Markovic to play regularly, and he can't give him that at LFC in a season without European football. The fact that we haven't included an option for a permanent deal in his original loan deal says that Klopp hasn't given up on him. Still, Markovic needs to prove that he can be effective on regular basis, so his loan to Hull is probably his last chance to earn a place on our squad for next season.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #163 on: January 24, 2017, 08:50:54 am »
I wouldnt push the panic button over Lallana just because of one game given he has been arguably our best player this season.

There is ability there with Markovic but its turning into the age old classic of a player being on loan being the answer, i've seen it before with Pacheco and Aquilani, honestly the way some went on about them you would think we had Messi and Iniesta out on loan.

I dont see why we should throw him in. if he comes back here he isnt going to be a regular, he will probably struggle to make the 18 most games. At least at Hull they have a threadbare squad, more chance of game time he wont get here.

and it isnt like he has done anything on loan to suggest he will do anything here

Lastly at least with Hull we can keep an eye on him, closer to home etc. I wonder can he play in the league cup against united?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: January 24, 2017, 09:03:18 am »
I know this is an appeal to authority, but if Markovic were good enough for us Klopp would not have sent him straight back out on loan.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: January 24, 2017, 09:28:43 am »
I know this is an appeal to authority, but if Markovic were good enough for us Klopp would not have sent him straight back out on loan.

Pretty much.  He had a clean slate with the new boss but obviously didn't do enough to warrant being kept on.

He is without doubt a talented lad.  You don't bluff your way to the transfers and teams he's played for.

But he's a stereotypical example of a player who has talent, but perhaps not the drive and arrogance to push on.

He does seem timid and somewhat shy, and unfortunately, that makes a good person, but not always an elite player.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #166 on: January 24, 2017, 09:48:11 am »
When asked why he has sent him on loan to Sporting, Klopp replied that he wants Markovic to play regularly, and he can't give him that at LFC in a season without European football. The fact that we haven't included an option for a permanent deal in his original loan deal says that Klopp hasn't given up on him. Still, Markovic needs to prove that he can be effective on regular basis, so his loan to Hull is probably his last chance to earn a place on our squad for next season.

:D

Might be a good idea to try and come to terms with Markovic not having a future here mate.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2017, 09:52:05 am »
Pretty much.  He had a clean slate with the new boss but obviously didn't do enough to warrant being kept on.

He is without doubt a talented lad.  You don't bluff your way to the transfers and teams he's played for.

But he's a stereotypical example of a player who has talent, but perhaps not the drive and arrogance to push on.

He does seem timid and somewhat shy, and unfortunately, that makes a good person, but not always an elite player.

Yes, he is a bit of a Ryan Babel, but without the (at times) bad attitude.

It is a shame as he clearly has good technical ability and plenty of physical gifts but he just does not seem to be progressing for whatever reason. 
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2017, 10:16:17 am »
:D

Might be a good idea to try and come to terms with Markovic not having a future here mate.

Unlike you, I am never happy when a talented young player doesn't succeed at LFC.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2017, 10:22:15 am »
Unlike you, I am never happy when a talented young player doesn't succeed at LFC.

Nah not happy, just realistic. He's done, he's had ample opportunity to either impress here or impress elsewhere and he's failed pretty spectacularly every time. Its the same with Sakho, he's done here. The best we can hope for is he goes to Hull and has a good six months and someone somehow gives us money for him in the summer, but I really can't see him remotely thriving in a relegation dogfight with shite Hull players.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 24, 2017, 10:27:01 am »
Nah not happy, just realistic. He's done, he's had ample opportunity to either impress here or impress elsewhere and he's failed pretty spectacularly every time. Its the same with Sakho, he's done here. The best we can hope for is he goes to Hull and has a good six months and someone somehow gives us money for him in the summer, but I really can't see him remotely thriving in a relegation dogfight with shite Hull players.

Markovic is 22. At the same age, we offered Henderson in a swap deal for Clint Dempsey. You should show more faith in our players.

Online Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 24, 2017, 10:34:14 am »
If Markovic made it here it'd be one of the biggest turnarounds ever, he'll be gone in the summer in my opinion.  Difference between Henderson and him is that the former is a fighter.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: January 24, 2017, 10:34:54 am »
Markovic is 22. At the same age, we offered Henderson in a swap deal for Clint Dempsey. You should show more faith in our players.

Whats that got to do with the price of biscuits?

Henderson was playing regular football for us, and was a regular in the PL before he joined us. Markovic has had one dreadful season and then been shipped out twice to much weaker leagues and still had zero impact. Again mate, he's done at this club. It'd be lovely to think he'll have a storming loan spell and give Klopp no choice. The reality is, if Klopp had any remote plan to use Markovic he'd have kept him this season. I'm not sure how you can preach about Klopps philosophies in other threads but then completely ignore it in this respect.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2017, 11:10:54 am »
We need a wide player, we've got Sporting desperate to cancel Markovic's loan and rather than bring him back into our squad we loan him straight to Hull.  Meanwhile Klopp is stopping a younger player, Ojo, going on loan to Newcastle because we feel he has a part to play this season.  And some people still think Markovic has a future here?

Hope it works out for him at Hull, best case scenario if it does is that we get a decent deal when we (hopefully) move him on permanently in the summer. 

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2017, 11:13:57 am »

And you should stop burying your head in the sand mate, it's embarrassing, was the same with Sakho in the summer.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: January 24, 2017, 11:25:47 am »
And you should stop burying your head in the sand mate, it's embarrassing, was the same with Sakho in the summer.

I can't help it. I want LFC players to be a success.

The real question is, why do you want so much to see them fail?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #176 on: January 24, 2017, 11:43:10 am »

I don't, they've simply already failed for us. Sakho and Markovic are never playing for this club again in any competitive match, so move on with your life.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 24, 2017, 11:45:55 am »

where in the name a jaysis did anyone say they want markovic to fail?

stop putting words in peoples mouths to suit your argument

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 24, 2017, 11:54:17 am »

I dont remember you being the same with any other player out on loan though mate, or those out on loan at the moment apart from Markovic.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: January 24, 2017, 01:46:41 pm »
I dont remember you being the same with any other player out on loan though mate, or those out on loan at the moment apart from Markovic.

I always support our players and expect that they will succeed with our club, no matter how much the usual suspect are slagging them off. It is a matter of principle. Not all of them will succeed, but all of them deserve our unconditional support as long as they are acting professionally.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: January 24, 2017, 02:03:59 pm »
I always support our players and expect that they will succeed with our club, no matter how much the usual suspect are slagging them off. It is a matter of principle. Not all of them will succeed, but all of them deserve our unconditional support as long as they are acting professionally.

Thats a bizarre claim that just doesn't stand up at all mate.

So of every player at our club, both here and on loan, you expect every one to succeed with the club? So you expect Andre Wisdom to come back and hold a place down?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 24, 2017, 02:15:02 pm »
Thats a bizarre claim that just doesn't stand up at all mate.

So of every player at our club, both here and on loan, you expect every one to succeed with the club? So you expect Andre Wisdom to come back and hold a place down?

Of course I do. He is still young.

Like I said, it is a matter of principle. What is the point of calling yourself a supporter if you don't support?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #182 on: January 24, 2017, 02:23:47 pm »

Like I said, it is a matter of principle. What is the point of calling yourself a supporter if you don't support?

There's a difference between supporting players and expecting players to come good, which is what you're hoping for with Markovic.  I'll support him as long as he's a Liverpool player but that has zero bearing on whether I think he can make it here.  He can't, he's just not good enough and that's been proven over the past couple of years.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2017, 02:45:58 pm »

Has very little desire.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #184 on: January 24, 2017, 04:34:53 pm »

That implies that a "supporter" must adopt a standpoint of unremitting positivity about any aspect of the club's affairs.  Generally we try to be positive most times, but if critical comment and the expression of concerns and discerning views is banned, it starts to look like a vision of a cult, don't you think?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 24, 2017, 07:27:13 pm »

I tend to agree with this, but I do think Markovic has great ability and this might be one final bite of the cherry if he fancies a career with us. He needs to show that drive and arrogance now. He showed it at Benfica so why not at Hull? Probability says its unlikely, but he should draw inspiration from players like Matic, Henderson, Coutinho, Sturridge, Victor Moses, etc
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 24, 2017, 07:33:06 pm »
Not sure that he is technically suited to this league anyway. Successful wide attackers in the league tend to be powerful, pacy, great athletes with a bit of flair/creativity. Markovic has a bit of pace about him, but isn't lightning quick and I don't think has that physicality to make his abilities count. Probably better suited to Spain, Italy or France. Unless he does something remarkable at Hull, I can't see him making the grade with us.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #187 on: January 24, 2017, 09:26:10 pm »
If Markovic made it here it'd be one of the biggest turnarounds ever, he'll be gone in the summer in my opinion.  Difference between Henderson and him is that the former is a fighter.
Don't disagree with the latter comments regarding Hendo, but I will say that huge turnarounds have happened and happen on a regular basis.

One that springs to mind that is very current and high profile example is one Victor Moses. Looks nowhere near the player we had here now and is playing some superb football. Lucas being another example. Players are human - they have the same faults as us and are just as likely to change if given the chance.

If the loan goes well with Hull (and I really do want it to) then I would not be surprised to find he'll come back here. The premise he was brought here for has more likelihood to be realised with Klopp than with Rodgers, so let's see what happens. It's down to him really though, but he is certainly a player that would appear to be just the sort that Klopp would go for himself.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #188 on: January 24, 2017, 10:00:42 pm »
Don't disagree with the latter comments regarding Hendo, but I will say that huge turnarounds have happened and happen on a regular basis.

One that springs to mind that is very current and high profile example is one Victor Moses. Looks nowhere near the player we had here now and is playing some superb football. Lucas being another example. Players are human - they have the same faults as us and are just as likely to change if given the chance.

If the loan goes well with Hull (and I really do want it to) then I would not be surprised to find he'll come back here. The premise he was brought here for has more likelihood to be realised with Klopp than with Rodgers, so let's see what happens. It's down to him really though, but he is certainly a player that would appear to be just the sort that Klopp would go for himself.
Change of manager was critical to their turn around, Klopp doesn't seem to fancy Markovic at all.

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
« Reply #189 on: January 25, 2017, 03:33:31 am »
We need a wide player, we've got Sporting desperate to cancel Markovic's loan and rather than bring him back into our squad we loan him straight to Hull.  Meanwhile Klopp is stopping a younger player, Ojo, going on loan to Newcastle because we feel he has a part to play this season.  And some people still think Markovic has a future here?

Hope it works out for him at Hull, best case scenario if it does is that we get a decent deal when we (hopefully) move him on permanently in the summer.
This would be my thinking as well. If Markovic was ever going to get playing time for us the time is now, surely? We're short on wingers, Mane is gone for another week or two and might even need a little bit of rest when he returns, and we're still in both domestic cups as well. Klopp then loans him straight back out and keeps Ojo when we only really got two conventional wingers in our squad (Mane and Ojo). I think the main reason for this loan is to try and get a PL team to buy him in the summer, as they've got loads more money than mid table clubs in any other top league.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2017, 04:59:12 am »
...Meanwhile Klopp is stopping a younger player, Ojo, going on loan to Newcastle because we feel he has a part to play this season...

Has Klopp said that? I missed it if so and am happy about that. Hopefully he will get some Prem League game time and not the cup surrounded by most of the other U23's etc.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: January 25, 2017, 08:40:45 am »
That implies that a "supporter" must adopt a standpoint of unremitting positivity about any aspect of the club's affairs.  Generally we try to be positive most times, but if critical comment and the expression of concerns and discerning views is banned, it starts to look like a vision of a cult, don't you think?

It is not a cult. It is more of a religion for me.

And when I want to criticize things, I discuss politics.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #192 on: January 25, 2017, 01:02:02 pm »

And when I want to criticize things, I discuss politics.

no thanks peter

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2017, 09:06:44 am »
How did Lazar do?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2017, 09:20:49 am »
How did Lazar do?
he came on after about an hour. was half watching the game but one decent run to win a corner but at least he took a player on

he was also involved in their second goal. pinged it out wide, meyler put in a great cross and they scored. but a nice ball out wide

i think he needs a run of games. give him 10 matches in a row.

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: January 27, 2017, 09:35:52 am »
Cheers, hopefully a good loan spell. Keep or sell either way I guess

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: January 27, 2017, 09:44:37 am »
Cheers, hopefully a good loan spell. Keep or sell either way I guess
check out their second goal. he was about 30 yards from goal. nice pinged ball to side of the box. Meyler deservedly will be credited with the assist and did brilliantly but at least Lazar played a roll in it.

only thing is if we dont want him then we need hull to give him both a run of games AND stay up. i am not sure they are good enough to stay up, especially with snodgrass edging out the door

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 27, 2017, 09:49:22 am »
check out their second goal. he was about 30 yards from goal. nice pinged ball to side of the box. Meyler deservedly will be credited with the assist and did brilliantly but at least Lazar played a roll in it.

only thing is if we dont want him then we need hull to give him both a run of games AND stay up. i am not sure they are good enough to stay up, especially with snodgrass edging out the door

Very nicely done and the lad always had the quality for that type of thing. Was he at 10?

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: January 27, 2017, 10:07:40 am »
Very nicely done and the lad always had the quality for that type of thing. Was he at 10?
right wing but odd time showed up central

oh and that little shit Rojo tried to do him

was only half watching as i said earlier but one or two snippets anyway for people to chew over

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #199 on: January 27, 2017, 10:16:30 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4RunirCqx3k" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4RunirCqx3k</a>