Author Topic: Chewer of Toffees, scourge of Barça, Peeler of Spuds, Arse kicker, Wolves slayer  (Read 661182 times)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
"Big Cock Origi" shout from TC under the scoreboard had us in stitches.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
The biggest complement I can pay him is that I've spent most of the rest of the evening thinking about how can we fit him, Dan, Bob, and Phil in the same team.
You're not done yet mate. When Danny's back- you'll have to work out how we're going to fit him in with Bob, Dan, Origi and Phil! ;D
We really have a frightening crop of hungry strikers; and Danny's already shown that he's just continued his goalscoring form and ratio from his Bournemotuh days.

Next season will be one hell of a season!

And we have Ojo waiting in the wings...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 09:30:03 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
The biggest complement I can pay him is that I've spent most of the rest of the evening thinking about how can we fit him, Dan, Bob, and Phil in the same team.
I don't think you can and I'd be surprised if they did play together. It's very difficult to find a formation that fits all four in that gets the best out of them.

The closest is a 4-4-2 diamond with either Coutinho or Firmino in behind.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The key is that Divock is completely devoted to his profession and improvement. When he was out injured he worked on his physique and added a couple of kilos of muscle and you can see this days he almost never gets brushed off. Kompany also some time ago said Divock is a maniac in training and works extremely hard.

With this work ethic and great coaching by Klopp and his staff you can`t rule out Divock improving up to the highest level.

Nice!
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
The whole point is to have a good enough squad that genuinely top players can be out injured or rested and we can still put out a fierce attack. A diamond is our best shot, though.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Great find by the TC getting this guy.

The money we paid for him will look like a bargain.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite
I don't think you can and I'd be surprised if they did play together. It's very difficult to find a formation that fits all four in that gets the best out of them.

Coutinho in the diamond 2 could be a way to get the four of them in there. Would love to see it personally, 13/14 vibes when we had Luis, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Coutinho in the diamond 2 could be a way to get the four of them in there. Would love to see it personally, 13/14 vibes when we had Luis, Sturridge, Coutinho and Sterling.
Not sure that's getting the best out of all four though. Coutinho has been best coming in from the left and so far Klopp hasn't even considered him in midfield, while Firmino's best performances have come when he's upfront.

It all seems a little forced. I'd like to see two up front next season as I think we look more dangerous and it suits Sturridge more but I think we'll continue to see variations of the 4-4-1-1 (4-2-3-1).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 09:59:41 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan

I don't think Klopp will use a diamond very often (he's only done so once if I'm not mistaken), but it is a formation which suits the players we have. It would still be very difficult to fit those four players into it though. If Firmino is able to play at the tip of the diamond it could perhaps work, but he looks like a forward rather than a midfielder to me.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
Not sure that's getting the best out of all four though. Coutinho has been best coming in from the left and so far Klopp hasn't even considered him in midfield, while Firmino's best performances have come when he's upfront.

It all seems a little forced. I'd like to see two up front next season as I think we look more dangerous and it suits Sturridge more but I think we'll continue to see variations of the 4-4-1-1 (4-2-3-1).
Coutinho playing in the two of a diamond was so good in 13/14. Also a more central Coutinho in 14/15 was really starting to dominate games.

Offline Il Conte

• Kopite

Sort of agree. I do think Sturridge definitely looks better with another striker alongside him. Firmino is no playmaker so probably would like to have it a front 3 more than a 1 behind 2. I think Coutinho brings a lot of what our CM has been missing for much of this season, quick creative play, turning and beating a man and great passing range. We know both Origi and Sturridge naturally move around a lot, Origi tends to end up on the flanks (and does very well there) and Danny likes to come deep. So I can see it being a pretty fluid setup with three very potent goalscorers and an absolute nightmare for defenders to deal with.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
The lad is gonna be a monster, if he fulfils his potential.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Back in October(I was referring to the Everton draw here):

Quote from: [withheld] on October 15, 2015, 03:16:30 PM

Origi was meant to be a wonder kid according to many on here.

Kid's got it, for me at least. Look at that last match of his. The only thing missing was the calm in front of goal- and we know he has that; so he doesn't need to be taught that. Just calmed down and Klopp can hopefully do that.

Could've scored a hatful while he was on- he just put himself under too much pressure and that's fine- he's still just a teen- from Ligue1.

I couldn't understand the negativity and disappointment towards him after the game. For me- it was reminiscent of Raheem in his first few games after his return to form: the potential.

I dare anyone to rewatch that match AGAIN(yeah that's right- not going on what we think we remember about it. Yes it was a disappointment not to have claimed the points, but we would see it in amore hopeful light now) and tell me you don't feel this kid might turn out to be be very good.

I had an idea that he was good, but that match- Everton 1 - Liverpool 1, was when my eyes really opened to this kid's freakiness! I knew then this kid will be a star for us and I stand by that.

Magnificent performance by him. Magnifico!
Our supporters were so far up their own arse, they just ignored that performance. Was, for me- the most electric debut(I think it was his debut then) from a new young talent in a long while.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 10:30:36 pm by the_red_pill »
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Coutinho playing in the two of a diamond was so good in 13/14. Also a more central Coutinho in 14/15 was really starting to dominate games.
I've wanted Coutinho in CM for a while now because our current options have looked a little short of quality (can't turn on the ball, too many touches to control then pass etc).

But Klopp hasn't even considered this yet and Coutinho has looked really good coming in off the left. I also expect our midfield short comings to be fixed in the summer so Coutinho deeper looks even less likely.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Won't happen unless we're chasing a game. Especially as you'd be dropping Lallana, who's been one of our best players under Klopp. Maybe if we didn't play a GK?
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
He's literally everything Benteke isn't.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Benteke's male mate... and Belgian... ;)

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
I watched this lad in some of the early games this season and thought he was shite......I was wrong and glad I was wrong.  Hope he can build on this next season and become a great.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Very clunky

...ness!... clunkyness! The ness bit is vital here! ;D

piss taking bastards.

Couldn't watch or listen to the game, so looking forward now to some MoTD2.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

If Klopp truly does improve our squad we'll be deeper than anytime in recent years. Which means we'll have starter-quality players on the bench. There's nothing wrong with that. (Think City/Chelsea over most of the last decade) It allows us to bring on a really good player as a sub, or offset the 1 or 2 starters who are battling an injury. Assuming we make Europe next season we'll be playing a lot of matches. Plenty of minutes for our top 15-18 players.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
Finally, we have this kid scoring goals.

He'll be dynamite next season
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
I've wanted Coutinho in CM for a while now because our current options have looked a little short of quality (can't turn on the ball, too many touches to control then pass etc).

But Klopp hasn't even considered this yet and Coutinho has looked really good coming in off the left. I also expect our midfield short comings to be fixed in the summer so Coutinho deeper looks even less likely.

I understand why he doesn't want Phil there. It's because he wants him further up the pitch and in as many goal scoring opportunities as possible. Put Phil in a more CM role and you reduce that. Until we get more regular goal scorers up top, we need Phil playing where he is.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
I was thinking while watching the game that he is what Benteke was supposed to be for us.  Fast, physical, and direct.  He can hold the ball up, can run in behind, and has really good technique.  The kid is going to be a hell of a player in a couple of years. 

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Still think we go into next season as Origi in a three pronged attacking force. If you sell Sturridge (which would be a crime in my eyes), you need two others. It's not demoting - it's a good one off, where you go in fully armoured.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Still think we go into next season as Origi in a three pronged attacking force. If you sell Sturridge (which would be a crime in my eyes), you need two others. It's not demoting - it's a good one off, where you go in fully armoured.
Klopp played Aubamayang wide in a front 3 in the last 2 seasons he was managing there,wouldn't be surprised to see that happening.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

So you've promoted him to outright 3rd choice? ;)

It's intriguing. A month or two ago, no one would have considered going into next season with Sturridge, Origi and Ings - and probably still wouldn't; Origi still inexperienced, the Dannys with injury concerns.

But would we want to bump Origi back down to third choice striker, when he's developing like this? We need another forward still, but perhaps it doesn't need to be one of the calibre most were demanding until very recently.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One poster wanted Origi to be loaned out. Any guesses who this poster was? :)
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One poster wanted Origi to be loaned out. Any guesses who this poster was? :)
Fordy? AWWYC?

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
But would we want to bump Origi back down to third choice striker, when he's developing like this? We need another forward still, but perhaps it doesn't need to be one of the calibre most were demanding until very recently.

I hope not.

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't sign an out-and-out striker this summer and go into next season with Sturridge, Origi and Ings with Firmino having also shown that he can play there for Klopp.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fordy? AWWYC?
Haha.

All joking aside it's great to see the lad doing so well. You could see his confidence just shoot up as soon as Klopp came in. Still needs to improve certain parts of his game but he's well on his way to becoming a firm fan favourite. Needs a song too.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:42:30 am by rawkus8 »
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.

including on the pitch
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
"Big Cock Origi" shout from TC under the scoreboard had us in stitches.

:lmao.

That's going to catch on....

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
I hope not.

It wouldn't surprise me if we don't sign an out-and-out striker this summer and go into next season with Sturridge, Origi and Ings with Firmino having also shown that he can play there for Klopp.

I'd keep Origi in the team but ration his playing time a little - to both control his ego (all players have egos, more so at such an age) and to keep him from burning out ala Rooney.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
So you've promoted him to outright 3rd choice? ;)

It's intriguing. A month or two ago, no one would have considered going into next season with Sturridge, Origi and Ings - and probably still wouldn't; Origi still inexperienced, the Dannys with injury concerns.

Origi should definitely be a third choice striker and no more. He's got everything a young striker wants but hasn't shown it consistently. In league and Europe he's still got only 5 goals in nearing 1100 minutes, with one of them deflected, and one of them a cross. They all count obviously and he bloody earned both of them but that's not good enough numbers for our second choice (who, given our ambitions, has to be somebody who could play the whole season for us).

He's got a great future but he's not yet ready to be our number 2. A lot depends on Ings' preseason, and if the wide player we bring in, has significant goals in him. Firmino is definitely a forward, Sturridge hasn't been properly injured in 2 months, and Ings seems a good fit for Klopp. We do have a lot of options but it's up to Klopp to decide if any of them are reliable title-worthy goalscorers. For me, Firmino and Sturridge add up to one of those. We do need another one in my opinion but if Klopp has other ideas then I'm ready to back him.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
Think he is plenty good enough to be our no.2. He's 20 and going to improve considerably every year. A goal every 250 mins is decent starting point and I'd expect that to drop next year.

I would much rather we spent our money on a goal scoring wide player instead. Ideally a left footer that has pace and can take good set pieces but there's not too many of them knocking around.

Sturridge, Origi, Ings and Firmino to me is pretty good striker group. Add Coutinho/Lallana on one wing and a guy like Bale on the right would be perfect. Bringing in another 30m striker to me seems a waste.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 03:45:46 am by DanA »
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
I'd keep Origi in the team but ration his playing time a little - to both control his ego (all players have egos, more so at such an age) and to keep him from burning out ala Rooney.

He will get rotated anyway next season, we hang Ings back and whoever we replace Balotelli and I'm assuming Benteke with.

That said, if he good enough, play him. They've all got ego's. I'd rather handle a 20 year old banging in a brace every week with an ego than one sat on the bench

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
I reckon we need just four more top drawer players who are fast, and are still young and hungry enough to improve further.

If we can sign Icardi for CF, Xhaka for the CM, Gotze for the wing, and a LB who knows how to attack AND defend well, we will be in a very good position to push on for the premiership next season together with what we already have.

As for the strikers, there's no need to decide who is no.2 or no.3 - let them all compete for the right to play. With the inevitable suspensions and injuries, we will need to have depth if we are to compete well in several competitions (I am presuming we qualify for at least the Europa League).
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 06:34:42 am by ThePoolMan »

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
He will get rotated anyway next season, we hang Ings back and whoever we replace Balotelli and I'm assuming Benteke with.

That said, if he good enough, play him. They've all got ego's. I'd rather handle a 20 year old banging in a brace every week with an ego than one sat on the bench

I wouldn't leave out Bobby Firmino, either. Could easily be deployed as a striker next season. Especially if we go for Gotze.

In any case, Divock will be very much in the mix next season. His former since Klopp has come in has been outstanding. Although it didn't look much like that at the time, I believe his starting role early in the Klopp era did him the world of good and his performances now are a large part of being in the team at that stage.

Offline the_red_pill

• Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
Fordy? AWWYC?
Yip. I can remember that. ;D
Fordy, eh? Miss the lad dropping bombs from time to time. Been a while since I saw him post.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 07:31:56 am by the_red_pill »

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
the lads done alright and is on a bit of a purple patch so happy days! :) he brings power, speed and aggression to the side and to the forward line and that's fantastic to see.

He did really well when he came on against Stoke and that following his exertions at Dortmund on Thursday. All very impressive so qudos to the lad.