Author Topic: LFC Ticket Prices 2016/17  (Read 95426 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LFC Ticket Prices 2016/17
« Reply #40 on: February 1, 2016, 06:57:04 pm »
It's scary what the final number on this banner may end up being:

"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #41 on: February 1, 2016, 06:57:33 pm »
Going for 70% at £30 I can see the club seeing that as taking the piss, £40 you may have had something, even for say 50% of the ground

You've been sucked into their narrative and are debating on their ground.

Tickets should generally be around the £30 point - they will talk about freezing some prices and lowering some small amount of others - but the debate is rigged - the starting point for the price of current ticket prices is wrong and the journey should be backwards not edging upwards.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #42 on: February 1, 2016, 06:57:53 pm »
I think it's pretty clear they don't want people from one of the country's most deprived areas in there, mate.

We all know who they want following LIVERPOOL Football Club and it isn't locals.

This as well^.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: February 1, 2016, 06:57:55 pm »
There's no 100% hikes.
finally some good news!
That's what they wanted at best. I can guess in any negotiating you wouldn't go with your ideal first as you'd just have to move from it.

We'll have to see tomorrow if they are offering any concessions.
there hasn't been tickets at £30 for league games since 2005/6 I think, can see the club see that stance as a pisstake in all honesty and not bother dealing with them, not to mention what they are trying to do to get kids in the ground for cheap.

Can only hope there's some kind of discounts for regulars over a certain number of games, to be honest £70 for someone who has just become a member isn't too bad if someone who does 10 games a season pays £50 for that ticket

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #44 on: February 1, 2016, 06:58:23 pm »
It`s a bit awkward to ask for that kind of money to watch a team without one single proper world-class player. Club`ve got some balls.

It's a tipping point to be honest.

You can buy the idea that the business has to sustain itself and that improvement comes from reinvesting - fine but we're the 9th richest club in the world and we're about to add 40 million a year through doing nothing (the TV deal) and X amount more from stadium expansion

Business costs aren't increasing - inflation and wages are flat ... there's literally no justification for increasing prices a penny

There appears to be a concrete plan for growing the business and income of the club and ZERO plan for improving the team

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 1, 2016, 06:58:53 pm »
it means they want people who will pay the most

Bingo, they don't want the likes of me who walks to the game, buys a program and that's it, maybe a brew on a freezing night so they're pricing us out. They want the one game a season 'experience' crowd.

Spectacularly missing the point seems to be their forte because the 'experience' that they're selling to these people is *us*.

This is our last season anyway, hope they're happy with the money. In fact I know they are.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 07:00:47 pm by Claire. »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: February 1, 2016, 06:59:55 pm »

Tickets should generally be around the £30 point - they will talk about freezing some prices and lowering some small amount of others - but the debate is rigged - the starting point for the price of current ticket prices is wrong and the journey should be backwards not edging upwards.
said this in another point but they haven't been that much for a decade, think it was a bit cheeky going for a price point that low to be honest even if I do think they should be a lot less than they are now

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: February 1, 2016, 07:00:08 pm »
Bingo, they don't want the likes of me who walks to the game, buys a program and that's it, maybe a brew on a freezing night so they're pricing us out. They want the one game a season 'experience' crowd.

Spectacularly missing the point seems to be their forte because the 'experience that they're selling to these people is *us*.

This is our last season anyway, hope they're happy with the money. In fact I know they are.

Funnily enough, the most expensive cup of tea at any PL ground in the country. An irrelevance compared to this news, but it's fucking hilarious that they charge £2.50 for a cup of tea that probably costs them about 2p to make.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #48 on: February 1, 2016, 07:00:34 pm »
there hasn't been tickets at £30 for league games since 2005/6 I think, can see the club see that stance as a pisstake in all honesty and not bother dealing with them, not to mention what they are trying to do to get kids in the ground for cheap.

For fuck sake mate, it's a sickening gravy train riding along.

You could make the tickets £10 each with the new TV deal and be no worse off than you were.

If they'd gone in and said £40 and 50%, to meet in the middle would essentially be where we are now which is no fucking better.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 1, 2016, 07:00:35 pm »
As a non regular match goer, if I'm ever faced with paying  £70 to go to a a game, they can fuck right off.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Tom_B

• Suffering from Keyboard Diarrhea? Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #1
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #50 on: February 1, 2016, 07:00:52 pm »
Right well this is me done with league games.

Genuinely thought the club would do the right thing.
We're on our way to glory...

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: February 1, 2016, 07:01:57 pm »
finally some good news!there hasn't been tickets at £30 for league games since 2005/6 I think, can see the club see that stance as a pisstake in all honesty and not bother dealing with them, not to mention what they are trying to do to get kids in the ground for cheap.

Can only hope there's some kind of discounts for regulars over a certain number of games, to be honest £70 for someone who has just become a member isn't too bad if someone who does 10 games a season pays £50 for that ticket

You have a very kind heart thinking that is the way they might think.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 1, 2016, 07:02:37 pm »
Spectacularly missing the point seems to be their forte because the 'experience that they're selling to these people is *us*.
yeah this bit is ridiculous from a commercial perspective, don't see the likes of real/Dortmund etc rip off their hardcore support element as they get its something they can market the club on, but instead they are fucking it up massively.

Would love to know how they can justify charging so much more than man united, even with 20k less capacity.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #53 on: February 1, 2016, 07:02:46 pm »
said this in another point but they haven't been that much for a decade, think it was a bit cheeky going for a price point that low to be honest even if I do think they should be a lot less than they are now

I have to work four and a half hours to earn £30.

Edit: And I have to work the first 27.5 hours of my week to fund my rent, living expenses and bills.

£70 would equate to an entire days work- plus 2 and a half hours overtime, to watch a 2 hour football match.

When the money they receive from Sky means they could easily afford a reduction in ticket prices.

It's a joke mate.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 07:05:23 pm by Hij »

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 1, 2016, 07:04:08 pm »

You could make the tickets £10 each with the new TV deal and be no worse off than you were.

If they'd gone in and said £40 and 50%, to meet in the middle would essentially be where we are now which is no fucking better.

You could let everyone in for free (not a tenner) on GA and ST next season for all league games with the new TV deal and LFC would still increase its income next season.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: February 1, 2016, 07:04:39 pm »

problem is no one else would massively cut the prices as well so you'd be a bit buggered from that side, touch wood the PL see some sense like they have done with the away fans fund as let's face it a load of tourists on the kop does hurt the 'product'

You have a very kind heart thinking that is the way they might think.
its me giving them the benefit of the doubt, ah well

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #56 on: February 1, 2016, 07:05:15 pm »
You could let everyone in for free (not a tenner) on GA and ST next season for all league games with the new TV deal and LFC would still increase its income next season.

Incredible! :o
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #57 on: February 1, 2016, 07:05:43 pm »

I thought it was for free but I couldn't remember, I knew I'd be right on a tenner though.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: February 1, 2016, 07:06:31 pm »
Be great if ST holders could get together and boycott a game. Empty seats would speak volumes and soon get the club worried. Would look awful from a PR point of view too.

Yer, you'd probably lose about 50 quid in not going but surely that is better for the long term greater good. Going the games and moaning about the prices has been and always will be counter-productive.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: February 1, 2016, 07:07:43 pm »
problem is no one else would massively cut the prices as well so you'd be a bit buggered from that side, touch wood the PL see some sense like they have done with the away fans fund as let's face it a load of tourists on the kop does hurt the 'product'
its me giving them the benefit of the doubt, ah well

Remember the numbers

£1m a year would be the cost to start us on a five year journey to acceptable pricing.

Next season the owners get an extra £40m from the new TV deal over and above anything they have this season, not including any increases in sponsorships and commercial deals.

£1m of that £40m is 2.5%.

£1m is a player on less than £20k a week. So that would mean coming eighth instead of sixth?

In 2014 (last accounts) LFC generated £255m in revenues - LFC will probably be generating more than £320m in the 2015/16 season.

£1m is 0.31% of turnover.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60 on: February 1, 2016, 07:07:56 pm »

Graham if you want 70% of the ground to be sold at £30 a ticket, then logically you must think the other 30% should be subsidising the cost? I.e. seats such as the corporate or halfway seats. That's all well and good, and isn't that the model the club want? They said before about tickets being priced too similarly instead of the best seats costing the most, and the worse seats being cheaper.

They might not be making 70% of the ground cost £30, but these hikes to £70 are surely part of the process that makes other seats cheaper? If they were following your proposals then the other 30% would definitely be getting a lot larger hike than £70, and it can't all be corporates.

I think this debate is a too one sided until we see all the figures from the club.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: February 1, 2016, 07:08:01 pm »
Graham any idea what the corporate increases will be?

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 1, 2016, 07:12:14 pm »
There's no 100% hikes.
So Paullfc75 is talking out of his arse and spreading bullshit as fact??

I am with laughter in a way ... anyone expecting the club to agree to reduce any amount of ticket prices - net alone 70% of them - to the price they were is living on a different planet. To paraphrase JWH 'what the hell were you smoking?'

No comment SOS on the alleged best part of £100 reduction in a junior ST next season? Is that true/false ? And if true why not praise the club for doing what would be a 10% decrease in prices?

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: February 1, 2016, 07:13:13 pm »

Not defending the club here, but it is about increasing the income more than the competitors, right? An absolute increase which is lower than other big clubs means we are losing competitiveness when it comes to spending on transfers/wages etc..
The PL money is gonna increase across board for all clubs, so that's not really an advantage in real sense. The way I see it, the ticket pricing issue can only be resolved if supporter groups from multiple clubs take a unified stand. Or the clubs suddenly become charitable, which I don't really see happening.

Do we have any news/info on how other clubs are changing (if at all) prices next season?

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: February 1, 2016, 07:13:41 pm »
Graham if you want 70% of the ground to be sold at £30 a ticket, then logically you must think the other 30% should be subsidising the cost? I.e. seats such as the corporate or halfway seats. That's all well and good, and isn't that the model the club want? They said before about tickets being priced too similarly instead of the best seats costing the most, and the worse seats being cheaper.

They might not be making 70% of the ground cost £30, but these hikes to £70 are surely part of the process that makes other seats cheaper? If they were following your proposals then the other 30% would definitely be getting a lot larger hike than £70, and it can't all be corporates.

I think this debate is a too one sided until we see all the figures from the club.

They can't stretch the pricing sufficiently to deliver even the start of a journey towards those sort of cheaper prices.

Also a question for people to ask themselves tomorrow when the prices are announced - which is fair and which is unfair in the following statements:

LFC in a like for like analysis GA and STs next season, ignoring the impact of the extra seats (so a proper like for like comparison) - should they:

1. Make less revenue on that analysis than this year making the overall cost of the match cheaper;
2. Make the same revenue than this year keeping things the same but the overall cost is not coming down, or;
3. Make more revenue than this year meaning they increase the Club's income

*This ignores increases in hospitality and corporate, the new TV deal and any increases in commercial activity. In that environment should they make more or less from those types of ticket?

Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #65 on: February 1, 2016, 07:14:46 pm »

I am with laughter in a way ... anyone expecting the club to agree to reduce any amount of ticket prices - net alone 70% of them - to the price they were is living on a different planet. To paraphrase JWH 'what the hell were you smoking?'

:butt

Offline Tommy Torres

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: February 1, 2016, 07:14:49 pm »
Disappointing and like many have said before I can't see the justification for it with the tv money we are going to receive.

There's only one Sergio Torres

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: February 1, 2016, 07:15:15 pm »
Graham any idea what the corporate increases will be?

We were kept away from the corporate and hospitality income and the price proposals for this season.

The TWG worked for 13 months on GA and ST prices only.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 1, 2016, 07:15:36 pm »
They can't stretch the pricing sufficiently to deliver even the start of a journey towards those sort of cheaper prices.

Also a question for people to ask themselves tomorrow when the prices are announced - which is fair and which is unfair in the following statements:

LFC in a like for like analysis GA and STs next season, ignoring the impact of the extra seats (so a proper like for like comparison) - should they:

1. Make less revenue on that analysis than this year making the overall cost of the match cheaper;
2. Make the same revenue than this year keeping things the same but the overall cost is not coming down, or;

*This ignores increases in hospitality and corporate, the new TV deal and any increases in commercial activity. In that environment should they make more or less from those types of ticket?

Why can't they?

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #69 on: February 1, 2016, 07:15:36 pm »
Not defending the club here, but it is about increasing the income more than the competitors, right? An absolute increase which is lower than other big clubs means we are losing competitiveness when it comes to spending on transfers/wages etc..

The proportion of ticket income relative to income from other areas falls as a percentage (and thus in importance) every time there is a new TV deal.

The ticket prices could be 70% at £30 and the club would still be in a better position after the TV deal relative to income than they were prior. And perhaps we could be looked upon as a forward thinking club looking after the people that invest their time and money into regularly attending Anfield- perhaps it could have a knock on effect on other clubs, perhaps we could start something.

But no, 'What are you smoking' or we need the money to sign another player we'll ship out on loan for a couple of years who'll never see the first team.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 07:18:08 pm by Hij »

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: February 1, 2016, 07:15:55 pm »
So Paullfc75 is talking out of his arse and spreading bullshit as fact??

No comment SOS on the alleged best part of £100 reduction in a junior ST next season? Is that true/false ? And if true why not praise the club for doing what would be a 10% decrease in prices?

How many junior ST are there actually in the ground? Theres ~266 aged 18-21, we know that. A nice, but insignificant gesture to try get people to justify or defend what they're doing.

Also where is this Junior ST bit from by the way, I missed it

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 1, 2016, 07:16:50 pm »
Need new owners.

That's not being flippant, can't afford it anymore.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: February 1, 2016, 07:17:46 pm »

option 4 - look to make more in ancillary revenue e.g. have stalls in the stand concourses where you can buy a shirt/scarf at half time for you/your kid - see it in the states quite a bit and don't see why they don't try it here, charge for wifi per game/season and as a result boost revenue per seat that way

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 1, 2016, 07:17:58 pm »
The PL money is gonna increase across board for all clubs, so that's not really an advantage in real sense. The way I see it, the ticket pricing issue can only be resolved if supporter groups from multiple clubs take a unified stand. Or the clubs suddenly become charitable, which I don't really see happening.

Do we have any news/info on how other clubs are changing (if at all) prices next season?

£1m is a player on less than £20k a week.

We would lose massive competitiveness here would we?

WEST HAM (cue ignoring them as they are financially doping of course.......):

West Ham United are delighted to announce major price cuts across the board for Season Tickets for the first season at the Club’s magnificent new home on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.

The key details are as follows:

Every Season Ticket price band will see a reduction as the Club uses increased broadcast revenue to offer dramatically cheaper tickets to its supporters

A new entry-level Band 5 adult Season Ticket will cost just £289 – the cheapest in the Premier League

All Season Tickets for Under-16s will be cut to just £99 – the equivalent of only £5 per game

A family of four can buy a Season Ticket for just £776 – the equivalent of £41 per match

West Ham United Joint-Chairmen David Sullivan and David Gold and Vice-Chairman Karren Brady have long been champions of trying to make football more affordable for supporters.

« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 07:20:13 pm by Graham Smith »
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #74 on: February 1, 2016, 07:19:01 pm »
We would lose massive competitiveness here would we?

The competitiveness argument is the one the club are glad fans are willing to argue about. 

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 1, 2016, 07:20:04 pm »
We were kept away from the corporate and hospitality income and the price proposals for this season.

The TWG worked for 13 months on GA and ST prices only.
well if they don't go up as much as GA/ST there's some easy ammo for ya

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 1, 2016, 07:20:05 pm »

£70 per ticket is disgusting, end of story 
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 1, 2016, 07:20:38 pm »
How many junior ST are there actually in the ground? Theres ~266 aged 18-21, we know that. A nice, but insignificant gesture to try get people to justify or defend what they're doing.

Also where is this Junior ST bit from by the way, I missed it

Was that funded by us winning "best suppporters" or "best behaved supporters" anyway?

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #78 on: February 1, 2016, 07:20:41 pm »
It's scary what the final number on this banner may end up being:

Probably between £120-£130 for the best seats, if the Red Sox general admission ticket pricing is anything to go by. Hell, man. FSG really seem to be slowly implementing an American-style pricing scheme. Most working class locals will be up in the rafters before too long, just like they are at Fenway. Baseball in Boston has become a middle-class game, and it looks like FSG are trying to make football in Liverpool the same way. Shame really. 

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: February 1, 2016, 07:20:42 pm »
The competitiveness argument is the one the club are glad fans are willing to argue about. 

The Bayern Munich president put it to bed pretty well in this quote:
We could charge more than £104. Let's say we charged £300. We'd get £2m more in income but what's £2m to us?

'In a transfer discussion you argue about that sum for five minutes. But the difference between £104 and £300 is huge for the fan.

'We do not think the fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

'That's the biggest difference between us and England.'