Author Topic: LFC Ticket Prices 2016/17  (Read 95460 times)

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LFC Ticket Prices 2016/17
« Reply #200 on: February 1, 2016, 11:03:10 pm »
For fucks sake
You could try answering the question ...

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: February 1, 2016, 11:04:19 pm »
For fucks sake

great answer to the question that!

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: February 1, 2016, 11:04:25 pm »
Says who?

I think it's optimistic to think that the club will make a deliberate choice to reduce match day revenue. That's the polite version.

The only way that I can see you achieving your goals of greater access for local youths, and seeing lower ticket prices is by beginning the process of lobbying for safe standing.

I appreciate and understand that there are strong feelings around that proposal, but I honestly don't see how else capacity and revenue issues can otherwise be reconciled. If the supporters of Liverpool Football Club backed and lobbied hard for the FSF proposals I think it would bring other fans from other clubs on board, and would be an enormously powerful message to the regulators of the game, and the legislators who would have to listen.

I think we possibly will lobby for it and I'm certainly hoping they do ..but it won't and shouldn't be until the inquests are concluded

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #203 on: February 1, 2016, 11:06:03 pm »
Cos LFC is apparently a charity which exists solely for the benefit of the local community ;)

It isn't a charity but it is about the local community.

A local community that created the Club and should be the first and primary group of people considered when decisions are made.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 1, 2016, 11:07:31 pm »
It's so sad to see supposed Liverpool fans defending this shite, when you've got your ground full of the worst fucking whoppers imaginable, and the last remaining culture and character is gone from Anfield, when most of the flags are gone from the kop except a couple held by paid employees of the club, I hope you can sit there in your armchair, and feel it's a job well done as "You're not singing anymore!" is picked up by the TV microphones in front of the kop.

This is the future you're defending, working class people getting their club taken away from them by foreign billionaires, for near insignificant gains in a spreadsheet so some twat like Aidy Ward can get an extra £1m agent fee.

YNWA lads, unless your incomes is less than £15k per year
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 1, 2016, 11:10:57 pm »
It isn't a charity but it is about the local community.

A local community that created the Club and should be the first and primary group of people considered when decisions are made.

it aint about the local community no more though and hasnt been for at least a decade people need to realise football became big business and there is fuck all we can do about clubs will charge what people will pay to get in they dont care where the people are from if its there first game or 1000 game to be honest theyd probably prefer first gamers as they will then go in club shop buy stuff, go in ground early and buy from club food and drink stores rather than local ones outside the ground

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 1, 2016, 11:13:03 pm »
It's so sad to see supposed Liverpool fans defending this shite, when you've got your ground full of the worst fucking whoppers imaginable, and the last remaining culture and character is gone from Anfield, when most of the flags are gone from the kop except a couple held by paid employees of the club, I hope you can sit there in your armchair, and feel it's a job well done as "You're not singing anymore!" is picked up by the TV microphones in front of the kop.

This is the future you're defending, working class people getting their club taken away from them by foreign billionaires, for near insignificant gains in a spreadsheet so some twat like Aidy Ward can get an extra £1m agent fee.

it aint the future though its the now and and has been for years and its the future dont think people are happy about it but its not exactly a surprise that the cost of football keeps going up
« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 11:15:19 pm by KOTP »

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 1, 2016, 11:13:21 pm »
Rubbish. Rather than just parroting what others say, I'm speaking from my own experience and I know in recent years there's more and more of those on the kop who helped create an atmosphere getting priced out, or sick of the constant bullshit from the club so they've packed it in.

Judging by the lads I see on twitter who have been going for years and creating an atmosphere, even more will be swerving it next year.

If you don't think pricing out young lads and working class locals to be replaced by tourists and day trippers here for the "experience" hurts the atmosphere, you're deluded.
Mate you sound like fucking Trump jesus christ why do people assume this shit? yes because its only fucking locals that make atmosphere and get the fucking club??

Fuck off that shit man seriously, I am all for slating the club for this bullshit they are doing now/in the past or maybe worst to come in future(like some think them going to fleece the club) I am all for being worried but, one thing i can't get behind is berating of fans outside of Liverpool.

When did it become locals vs the rest? when we all support the one same club. I am guessing it was only day trippers and tourist that boo? and slate players throughout the match. Ah yeah i forgot when local lad Gerrard captain of the club was speaking out about what last set of owners were doing to the club. Being local and all and would hate to his home town club destroyed, oh wait i meant Pepe.

I am all for all kids getting cheaper prices but that goes for local or not, prices should be fair for any Liverpool fan local or not. An the atmosphere is shit with locals or not.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #208 on: February 1, 2016, 11:14:42 pm »
Cos LFC is apparently a charity which exists solely for the benefit of the local community ;)

You're so funny with your smart arse remarks aren't ya. You seem to enjoy the fact that the working man is being priced out of the game.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 1, 2016, 11:15:02 pm »
You could try answering the question ...

See above

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 1, 2016, 11:15:16 pm »
it aint the future though its the now and the future dont think people are happy about it but its not exactly a surprise that the cost of football keeps going up

That doesn't mean people shouldn't fight against it, and they will. If FSG think they're just gonna be allowed to take the piss,  they obviously haven't got a clue about our fans.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 1, 2016, 11:16:57 pm »
That doesn't mean people shouldn't fight against it, and they will. If FSG think they're just gonna be allowed to take the piss,  they obviously haven't got a clue about our fans.
i'm all for fighting against it but it wont have any impact the club have been in talks with fans group about prices and what have they done totally ignored everything and why because they know they can sell tickets at a certain price why sell them cheap if you can sell them high it aint great for the fans but the owners dont care and havent done for decades

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 1, 2016, 11:17:01 pm »
Mate you sound like fucking Trump jesus christ why do people assume this shit? yes because its only fucking locals that make atmosphere and get the fucking club??

Fuck off that shit man seriously, I am all for slating the club for this bullshit they are doing now/in the past or maybe worst to come in future(like some think them going to fleece the club) I am all for being worried but, one thing i can't get behind is berating of fans outside of Liverpool.

When did it become locals vs the rest? when we all support the one same club. I am guessing it was only day trippers and tourist that boo? and slate players throughout the match. Ah yeah i forgot when local lad Gerrard captain of the club was speaking out about what last set of owners were doing to the club. Being local and all and would hate to his home town club destroyed, oh wait i meant Pepe.

I am all for all kids getting cheaper prices but that goes for local or not, prices should be fair for any Liverpool fan local or not. An the atmosphere is shit with locals or not.

You've completely missed the point, well done.

It's nothing to do with Locals vs OOT, there's lots of good reds from outside Merseyside.

Offline KOTP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 1, 2016, 11:17:43 pm »
You're so funny with your smart arse remarks aren't ya. You seem to enjoy the fact that the working man is being priced out of the game.
working man has been priced out of football for a long long time its nothing new

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 1, 2016, 11:17:57 pm »
Ahh fuck this, if it comes out that tickets will be hitting the £70 mark next season then I'm out. Even if I'm in a cheaper part of the ground I'm no doubt still gonna be forking out £60 a pop. Fuck off you robbing bastards.

The average age in the ground is probably going to be the price of a ticket next season ffs.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 11:21:52 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #215 on: February 1, 2016, 11:19:18 pm »

I haven't seen anyone defending it, but I've seen people providing some reasons for why it's happening,please don't conflate the two.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #216 on: February 1, 2016, 11:20:44 pm »
It's nothing to do with Locals vs OOT, there's lots of good reds from outside Merseyside.

There's even some on The Wirral.  ;)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: February 1, 2016, 11:22:53 pm »

What you're missing here, and in your whole post is the fact that the club belongs to locals, OOTs, Wools etc *choose* to support Liverpool. Of course locals 'get' the club, because it is THEIRS.

I know loads and loads of good reds from all over the country who 'get' what it is to follow this club, but the fact is these lads and lasses aren't the problem. The problem in the atmosphere is the club marketing their famous kop, and then pricing out the people that made the kop famous all over the world.

The club don't want these people in the ground. They want someone from Surrey or Sweden, once or twice a season who spend a fortune in the ground, in the club shop and everything else.

The club don't realise that using the Kop, the flags, the YouTube clips of songs and whatever else to sell this product, but diluting it to the extent that it is now, is going to result in these people coming to Anfield for a game, and leaving wondering where 'the famous atmosphere' was.

The match for these people is about posting pictures and videos on Facebook, Instagram and texting their mates to prove they were there.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 1, 2016, 11:24:12 pm »

The club has had out of towners and locals supporting the club since the early 70s and there was nothing too wrong with the atmosphere then , but they were supporters who followed them regularly , the amount of day trippers who come for the experience is staggering , at the united game there was thirty plus Chinese all on row one of the paddock getting there pictures taken in front of the pitch etc ....how do they get these tickets ?
Off the club obviously and there carrying bags and bags of stuff ...more income for the club and more always wants more .

But there is a tipping point coming soon where there the  regular matchgoers ( be them local or OOT's ) will be in the minority and the ones coming for " the experience " will wonder what all the fuss is about and stop coming , well what happens then .....that's when we will get proper price reductions ...sad but inevitable if you ask me

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #219 on: February 1, 2016, 11:25:11 pm »
You're so funny with your smart arse remarks aren't ya. You seem to enjoHy the fact that the working man is being priced out of the game.
He's shown his arse in this thread, no doubt.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #220 on: February 1, 2016, 11:25:37 pm »
What you're missing here, and in your whole post is the fact that the club belongs to locals, OOTs, Wools etc *choose* to support Liverpool. Of course locals 'get' the club, because it is THEIRS.

I know loads and loads of good reds from all over the country who 'get' what it is to follow this club, but the fact is these lads and lasses aren't the problem. The problem in the atmosphere is the club marketing their famous kop, and then pricing out the people that made the kop famous all over the world.

The club don't want these people in the ground. They want someone from Surrey or Sweden, once or twice a season who spend a fortune in the ground, in the club shop and everything else.

The club don't realise that using the Kop, the flags, the YouTube clips of songs and whatever else to sell this product, but diluting it to the extent that it is now, is going to result in these people coming to Anfield for a game, and leaving wondering where 'the famous atmosphere' was.

The match for these people is about posting pictures and videos on Facebook, Instagram and texting their mates to prove they were there.

In one.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 1, 2016, 11:26:20 pm »
Ye think we were a champions league club with worth class players and signings to come to justify the increase

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: February 1, 2016, 11:26:25 pm »
Doing nothing of the sort.

Just not joining the bandwagon of 'let them in for free if they prove they live within 50yrds of the ground' or the brigade that think it is perfectly viable to go back to to what the prices were TEN YEARS ago - does the same apply for all goods and services or just football? And if the later, all football clubs or just Liverpool cos after all LFC is clearly the only club that was built out of the local community. IMHO it is complete nonsense in a thread based on ONE side of a discussion where no one has revealed the other side.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #223 on: February 1, 2016, 11:27:24 pm »
He's shown his arse in this thread, no doubt.

Every thread

1. No one is forcing anyone to go to football matches. If you can't afford it, don't go. It is that simple.

If you don't want to pay through the nose for your insurance premium don't live in a high risk area. It is not exactly rocket science is it.

« Last Edit: February 1, 2016, 11:37:22 pm by Le Jake »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #224 on: February 1, 2016, 11:29:46 pm »
once or twice a season who spend a fortune in the ground, in the club shop and everything else.

This.

Essentially they wanna turn it into a theme park. People going each week aren't where the source of income is. People coming once or twice a year to 'experience' it, is where the money is. That's a tourist - not someone who makes several games a season.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: February 1, 2016, 11:31:10 pm »
Doing nothing of the sort.

Just not joining the bandwagon of 'let them in for free if they prove they live within 50yrds of the ground' or the brigade that think it is perfectly viable to go back to to what the prices were TEN YEARS ago - does the same apply for all goods and services or just football? And if the later, all football clubs or just Liverpool cos after all LFC is clearly the only club that was built out of the local community. IMHO it is complete nonsense in a thread based on ONE side of a discussion where no one has revealed the other side.

You're damn right, Liverpool FC is special and intrinsically linked to the local area, it has a unique culture and became famous the world over for it, even all the way down to setting the standard to how football fans dress in the country. There's a reason there's anger when people chant WHO ARE YE, or don't understand clapping the opposition keeper as he jogs towards the kop.

If you don't understand that, you never will. Even Ian Ayre seems to get it:

“We feel like the culture (of Liverpool FC) has a bigger effect (on fan growth) than the football,” he said.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-chief-executive-ian-10445146

Ayre himself admits that a major selling part of the club to new fans is the unique culture of the club and city, but now they're destroying it.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #226 on: February 1, 2016, 11:31:54 pm »
This.

Essentially they wanna turn it into a theme park. People going each week aren't where the source of income is. People coming once or twice a year to 'experience' it, is where the money is. That's a tourist - not someone who makes several games a season.
Seems like the only solution to that problem is a 70k stadium where all the locals and tourists can fit in together at presumably reasonable prices and exist in peace and harmony.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 1, 2016, 11:32:36 pm »

Just not joining the bandwagon of 'let them in for free if they prove they live within 50yrds of the ground'.

That's just nonsense and childish.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 1, 2016, 11:34:06 pm »
That's just nonsense and childish.
What is? It is SOS who keep spouting the club could afford to let everyone in for free not me.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #229 on: February 1, 2016, 11:34:32 pm »
Just not joining the bandwagon of 'let them in for free if they prove they live within 50yrds of the ground'

The point is flying over your head.

or the brigade that think it is perfectly viable to go back to to what the prices were TEN YEARS ago - does the same apply for all goods and services or just football?

Why not? Ticket prices have risen starkly above inflation and other goods and services since the Premier League era begamn. New television deals means that clubs rely on the money from the people that make the 'Premier League atmosphere' much less than they did - why not give back to those loyal people who travel to tens of games a season?

And if the later, all football clubs or just Liverpool cos after all LFC is clearly the only club that was built out of the local community.

What the fuck? We can only lobby and effect change at our club, but ideally all clubs would change. The hope with these meetings was that perhaps ours could be the one to buck the trend and lead the way.

IMHO it is complete nonsense in a thread based on ONE side of a discussion where no one has revealed the other side.

Actually a lot of the arguments over the last few pages are general ticketing arguments from the last 2/3 years - see the Football Supporters Federation's 'Twenty's Plenty' campaign etc and other fan initiatives about ticket prices.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #230 on: February 1, 2016, 11:36:24 pm »
What is? It is SOS who keep spouting the club could afford to let everyone in for free not me.

They aren't saying that SHOULD be the price just that with the LEVEL OF MONEY about to come into the game, that clearly something could be done to prevent the rise of ticket prices, which are currently well beyond what is likely to be fair.

It's about demonstrating a point, are you intentionally obtuse or just thick?

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #231 on: February 1, 2016, 11:37:05 pm »

I don't know if you are purposely being awkward but you're coming across as a right idiot. I bet you haven't been to more than a handful of games this season, if that. Quite frankly if you don't go the game regularly and see how ticket prices are affecting the club and the traditions then your opinion is completely irrelevant.

The fact we have 'fans' on here defending the club for pricing out supporters that for some is a livelihood and a way of living, not just a hobby, is disgusting. Fuck everyone who cant afford it because there's someone else who can and we could do with that extra £2m a year to pay some no-mark agent their cut of a shit transfer deal for another overpaid pre-madonna. Thanks for all the support for all these years, for making Liverpool what it is today but quite frankly we don't give a shit about you anymore and we no longer need you as there's now a list of people who will gladly pay and take your place.

You and some others just clearly don't get it.....
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #232 on: February 1, 2016, 11:39:25 pm »
As such then you should be taking your complaints to the PL and not one particular club

They have done.

But beyond the Premier League, we can at least lobby our own club at how they utilise the insane levels of money due to be coming in from the TV deals.

At least be informed if you are going to spend the best part of the evening playing devil's advocate or troll in the thread.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 1, 2016, 11:43:20 pm »
Stop feeding the obvious troll please lads.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #235 on: February 1, 2016, 11:43:52 pm »

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: February 1, 2016, 11:44:35 pm »
The point is flying over your head.

Why not? Ticket prices have risen starkly above inflation and other goods and services since the Premier League era begamn. New television deals means that clubs rely on the money from the people that make the 'Premier League atmosphere' much less than they did - why not give back to those loyal people who travel to tens of games a season?

What the fuck? We can only lobby and effect change at our club, but ideally all clubs would change. The hope with these meetings was that perhaps ours could be the one to buck the trend and lead the way.

Actually a lot of the arguments over the last few pages are general ticketing arguments from the last 2/3 years - see the Football Supporters Federation's 'Twenty's Plenty' campaign etc and other fan initiatives about ticket prices.
ticket prices are far more than inflation simply because the demand is far far greater now than in 1992

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 1, 2016, 11:45:53 pm »
This.

thing is there is a place for that, hell I've been to watch other teams abroad as a 'tourist' but it's gone a bit too far, to be honest wouldn't mind it if the £70 tickets were for the Thomas cook lot

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 1, 2016, 11:47:17 pm »
thing is there is a place for that, hell I've been to watch other teams abroad as a 'tourist' but it's gone a bit too far, to be honest wouldn't mind it if the £70 tickets were for the Thomas cook lot

Fucking hell the thomas cook ones are paying more than £70 ...that's why the club want more of them

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: February 1, 2016, 11:47:24 pm »
https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/690254027368562688

Edit: Ok, sorry, will do :wave
problem with them wanting away fan tickets to be much cheaper is clubs will just cut the away allocations - why sell to a man united/Chelsea/Stoke fan for £20 when I can sell it to a Liverpool fan for £60?

Needs to be done across the board