Author Topic: Buskers in town  (Read 8132 times)

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
Buskers in town
« on: November 20, 2011, 07:57:37 pm »
Is it just me, or have they gone a little "strange" recently?  I remember when you used to walk through town and virtually all of them would be playing Beatles songs, I'd drop in a tip if it was good.  These days, it is all Green Day, Coldplay, or Oasis, or just something different altogether.  Saw a Native American fella dancing to some guy playing the flute the other day. 
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Buskers in town
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2011, 10:04:09 pm »
What happened to all the Pan pipe guys?

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 10:19:41 pm »
They were rounded up and sent to Guantanamo. I fully expect a guinea pig invasion to follow

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 11:08:08 pm »
Is it just me, or have they gone a little "strange" recently?  I remember when you used to walk through town and virtually all of them would be playing Beatles songs, I'd drop in a tip if it was good.  These days, it is all Green Day, Coldplay, or Oasis, or just something different altogether.  Saw a Native American fella dancing to some guy playing the flute the other day. 
"It was a stay at the YMCA"?
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 11:57:33 am »
some of them are boss. Around Christmas last year there was a fella playing a didgeridoo and bongos,it was pretty awesome. I sat and listened to him ofr ages with a coffee in hand in the freezing cold.He was pretty awesome.

Some of them are pretty damn shite though
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 01:58:26 pm »
some of them are boss. Around Christmas last year there was a fella playing a didgeridoo and bongos,it was pretty awesome. I sat and listened to him ofr ages with a coffee in hand in the freezing cold but still gave him fuck all.He was pretty awesome.

Mingebag.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 02:02:25 pm »
hahahaha  ;D
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline SPLee

• Kopite
  • last seen in 3ft(13ft) fountain in istanbul
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 02:53:33 pm »
@sevvyparklee

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2011, 03:03:01 pm »
Was a fella outside of Central last year, had no legs and was in a shit wheelchair that looked like the wheels were about to come off, rip in the seat ect and wearing rags basically. Wasn't asking for anything, just sat there wishing everyone a merry christmas.

I was working in Central at the time and bought two small sausage rolls (the offer of 2 for £1.50 can't be sniffed at!) and gave the fella one of them and he was talking to me for a while, really sound fella who just appreciated what he had and didn't feel sorry for himself.

I know, not a busker but there's no thread for Liverpool tramps.

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2011, 03:58:03 pm »
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2011, 04:01:41 pm »

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline BossThaLa82

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Busking in Liverpool
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2016, 10:47:50 am »
This is how scousers react..

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/scousers-reaction-busker-being-hassled-11603373#ICID=ios_EchoNewsApp_AppShare_Click_Other

Merge if appropriate.

Nice video and a change from the usual videos where someone is getting the piss taken out of them or violence.

Offline BossThaLa82

• Main Stander
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2016, 11:04:18 am »
Anyone ever come across that big issue seller on wavertree road home & bargains who looks like wee jimmy krankie ?

I used to give her some food after getting a few bits at home & bargain like noodles and crisps then one day the cheeky cow started saying i want money not food every time i seen her.

Will give out food to them but not money which will probably go on a bag of brown/crack or a bottle of frosty jack cider.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2016, 12:23:39 pm »
Not a busker but I do love seeing this fella when I'm in town.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Wg_23GuAs-M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Wg_23GuAs-M</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2016, 03:50:06 pm »
Haha yeah he's boss him.

Offline MOZ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2016, 03:07:10 pm »
Just misread this as 'butchers in town'
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2016, 03:23:04 pm »
Just misread this as 'butchers in town'
Should have gone to Dewhursts.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2016, 04:02:56 pm »
Should have gone to Dewhursts.

;D

I go to a Wool butchers now, well Broughs in Formby/Ormskirk/Southport. I say go to, they actually deliver. Nothing better than a big box of sausages arriving at your door.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2016, 04:04:15 pm »
I like the drunk fella with the fake microphone by Boots.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2016, 04:06:45 pm »
I like the drunk fella with the fake microphone by Boots.

Yes he's awesome.

I don't like the earnest indie guy who always seems to be doing Lennon or the La's down by Whitechapel.

There's a ginger lad who I once saw do a decent version of Life on Mars, no mean feat. He only does it occasionally as he gets too many Ed Sheeran heckles.

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2016, 02:17:16 am »
Not in town but does anyone walk to Anfield on match day through Stanley Park and out the ally leading onto Anfield Road? There's a busker there and quite literally the only song he sings is 'Wish you were here' by Pink Floyd (always still stood there singing it after the match).

I thought I was the only person onto him until some other guy walking past was laughing about it.

Look out for him next season he's there every game.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 02:20:37 am by Garry_LFC »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2016, 08:30:54 am »
Not in town but does anyone walk to Anfield on match day through Stanley Park and out the ally leading onto Anfield Road? There's a busker there and quite literally the only song he sings is 'Wish you were here' by Pink Floyd (always still stood there singing it after the match).

I thought I was the only person onto him until some other guy walking past was laughing about it.

Look out for him next season he's there every game.

Is it the same guy who used to sit outside Moorfields station? There was someone with the same trick if not! Wish You Were Here stretched out through the entire day. Suppose there's worse songs you could pick to be The One ;D

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2016, 10:16:03 am »
Is it the same guy who used to sit outside Moorfields station? There was someone with the same trick if not! Wish You Were Here stretched out through the entire day. Suppose there's worse songs you could pick to be The One ;D

I'm sure he pops up outside Bootle strand every now and again as well
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2016, 11:15:38 pm »

Can't say I've seen him outside Moorfields but I'd definitely recognise him now if I did!

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2016, 03:42:35 pm »
Not a busker but I do love seeing this fella when I'm in town.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/Wg_23GuAs-M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/Wg_23GuAs-M</a>

Quality - a cross between trying to do hopscotch and treading on a spider.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2016, 09:59:34 pm »
Old fella on roller blades outside the Met Quarter. 70 years old at least. Funny as fuck.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2016, 05:46:37 pm »
Korean fella outside Primark on a mimi keyboard doing Lennon, Oasis and The Carpenters!! Was excellent. Young lads called Override with a great version of "while my guitar gently weeps" too.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2016, 05:50:14 pm »
Anyone came across the one who played Bagpipes with JF96 banner well he's been found guilty of fraud.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-bagpipe-fraudster-guilty-using-12326721

A bagpiping conman was found GUILTY of pretending to collect cash for victims of the Hillsborough disaster - while lining his own pockets.

Angus Carpenter played the instrument in Liverpool city centre dressed in full military uniform and draped in a ‘Justice for the 96’ banner on April 14 - the day before the anniversary of the tragedy.

The 62-year-old, who claimed he was just a busker, was convicted of one count of fraud by a jury at Liverpool Crown Court today.

Carpenter, of Hunts Cross Avenue, Woolton was cleared of two counts of fraud relating to the use of a fake Help for Heroes sticker and one relating to another occasion he used the Hillsborough banner.

Prosecution counsel Katy Appleton, delivering her closing speech to the jury today, said: “He knew exactly what he was trying to achieve.. his intention was to dupe innocent, unsuspecting passers by, members of the public.”

Gary Lawrenson, defending, said Carpenter was a “larger than life” character who had been busking for years in the city and had never come to the attention of the police.

However Ms Appleton said: “He lined his own pockets, with the knock on effect of causing loss to the victims of the Hillsborough disaster. Please don’t let him dupe you and pull the wool over your eyes as you will see he has done with members of the public.”

During the trial the jury heard Carpenter has been warned specifically about using ‘props’ relating to the Hillsborough tragedy - and told it was a “sensitive time” due to the jury inquests into the deaths of 96 Liverpool fans.

A police officer spoke to Carpenter, who was dressed in full military uniform and had what looked like Help for Heroes stickers on a bucket, in Church Street one day in February last year.

Ms Appleton said: “Sergeant Chris Gaynor formed the opinion the public would form the view he was collecting for a registered military charity and not simply for his own pocket.”

Bagpiper accused of Hillsborough charity fraud 'just wanted justice'
She said Carpenter explained he was having a banner made referring to the tragedy.

Ms Appleton said he was warned if he was not a registered charity collector, he would be committing a serious offence.

However Carpenter was seen by two officers in Mathew Street, on March 28 this year with a red and blue banner which stated on both sides: “Justice for the 96.”

The court heard he was warned about committing fraud but told officers: “I’m just a busker, I’m not collecting for any charity.”

He had also been seen playing the bagpipes outside Anfield on match days, while displaying the banner.

During the trial the jury heard from chairman of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign (HJC), Kenneth Derbyshire, who said Carpenter came to speak to him at the charity’s shop in 2015.

He said: “It was basically could he use our logo for a banner he wanted made up. I gave him permission to use the banner.

“He wanted to have a banner made up as a tribute to the 96.”

Katy Appleton, prosecuting, asked: “Did you discuss him collecting money on the charity’s behalf?”

“Yes,” he said. “I turned to him and said on no account can you collect on our behalf. He just agreed with me.”

Mr Derbyshire also told the jury Carpenter had never been into the charity shop with any donations for the campaign, which aims to support the families of the 96.

But the final offence took place on April 14 this year, when Carpenter was stopped while playing the bagpipes draped in the banner, at the junction of Church Street and Williamson Street in the city centre.

When he was told to remove the banner as he was under investigation for fraud, he replied: “I’m going to fight this. I agreed the design with the justice shop.”

He will be sentenced on January 10.
#Sausages

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2016, 05:55:34 pm »
The fellas been around anfield for at least 15 years doing this , used to come in the pubs before and after paying ynwa or fields of anfield road and he would have a mate with a bucket saying it's for the kids ...his own fucking kids more likely

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2016, 07:39:31 pm »
Seen him outside the Kop loads of times, always at Haydock races as well
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2016, 07:07:11 am »
Think i've seen him on the footbridge near Langtree Park when St Helens are playing at home, i think he'll get a beating off someone if he plays the bagpipes in Town again.
#Sausages

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2016, 03:05:10 pm »
Seen him around before the shitbag
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2016, 03:25:07 pm »
A few times this year before or after the match Ive seem charity collectors in The Iron Bar, The Arkles and The Park.  My mate shamed me into giving.  She had no ID on her just leaflets and a tin.

Think we were duped. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2016, 04:59:02 pm »
A few times this year before or after the match Ive seem charity collectors in The Iron Bar, The Arkles and The Park.  My mate shamed me into giving.  She had no ID on her just leaflets and a tin.

Think we were duped.

You get some hard faced mares pulling this scam, usually some reference to "the sick kiddies" as the can is rattled in front of your face.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2016, 05:01:16 pm »
You get some hard faced mares pulling this scam, usually some reference to "the sick kiddies" as the can is rattled in front of your face.

Yeah, I though it was a scam at the time but was getting shit off me mates for being a minge so put me hand in my pocket.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2016, 03:50:25 am »
I've busked on Hardman St very on and off for years, but there's some proper nasty twats on the bombed out church these past couple of months who have been aggressive, namely in pushing my mate over who just asked them for a light. They aren't local, one was a Sunderland lad I think? hassling people on nights out for money.

Think they're fake homeless cause they certainly don't sleep there (I do all nighters off me tits. My Doledrum is marvellous). Haven't done it yet, but... have picked up a few beermats that advertise a legit service that picks up people sleeping rough. Will hand them out when I'm next there cause I'm feeling hardfaced after a year on the dole. I don't even want money for my songs, but people like this make Liverpool less friendly.

Puts me off taking me geet out. Lairy c*nts are part and parcel but these fuckers are basically a gang. My dad said on radio Merseyside, some fella followed a change-asker...  Home to a house on the edge of Sefton Park!

So look out, and it's up to you how you decide to give someone money, but I'd never give any to someone using aggression.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 01:51:24 pm by ToneLa »