Author Topic: The Return Of The King - How do you feel?  (Read 27122 times)

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
Re: The Return Of The King - How do you feel?
« Reply #161 on: January 8, 2011, 12:13:07 pm »
Attack
Attack
Attack attack attack

Offline shanklyreds

• Main Stander
  • we will be champions!
« Reply #162 on: January 8, 2011, 12:13:14 pm »
[
The question is, will the board give him any money to spend, considering he's only in until the end of the season? Because if Kenny is not allowed to bring in any new players then we're still going to struggle, because we have far to many players that are simply not good enough (Konchesky, Skrtel, Babel, Ngog, etc) as well as those not in form (Johnson, Cole, Meireles, Maxi, etc).

Interesting times ahead!
[/quote]

That's my worry too. i wonder what will happen with that?

Offline tinkertailor

• ...Beggarman. Thief!
  • Kopite
« Reply #163 on: January 8, 2011, 12:13:26 pm »
The prospect of attacking football! Oh Joy!

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #164 on: January 8, 2011, 12:13:54 pm »
If this doesnt motivate the players nothing will, a legend managing them, I cant see how they wont go into tomorrows game all guns blazing

So exciting, how do I feel? I feel like this: Walk on, Walk on, With Hope In your heart and you'll never walk alone, you'll ne----ver walk alone
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline Yorkshire-Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #165 on: January 8, 2011, 12:14:07 pm »
Over the moon, a little worried at the same time in case he doesn't do any better than Roy.

That is exactly how I feel. I really, really want him to be fantastic, but I'm a little bit  frightened for his incredible legacy.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #166 on: January 8, 2011, 12:14:12 pm »
The Good Ol' Days.... Well, there back. ( Hopefully )

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: January 8, 2011, 12:14:20 pm »
I never saw him as a particularly good manager.

*frets*

I'm guessing you probably never saw him. Period.

Offline kvarmeismydad

• Might regale ya with tales of footballing genitalia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: January 8, 2011, 12:14:35 pm »
The difference with the Geordie's is that they pulled Keegan away from trying to open a football circus and he wasn't in touch with the club. He wanted to bring Henry and Beckham so you'd have to consider if was even in touch with football beyond a general interest level. Then there is Mike Ashley. Kenny probably knows the names of the parents of our youth players. You could even say we've unintentionally groomed him for his return.
@paulair

Offline MikkeB

• Mr Positive
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #169 on: January 8, 2011, 12:15:03 pm »
 WOOOOOOO... just woke up best news ever.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: January 8, 2011, 12:15:08 pm »
The Twat is DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING. Jubilation for this jubilee is how I fucking feel!
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: January 8, 2011, 12:15:09 pm »
Im ecstatic but remember he wont have much chance to alter things for tomorrows game.

Then I hope you thought we would win against Manu with Roy in charge

Offline redmen23

• Kemlynite
« Reply #172 on: January 8, 2011, 12:15:15 pm »
I have not been this happy since Istanbul, the buzz around the club will be amazing and it will be so nice to see players being aloud to play. I am so fucking happy!! now lets do the mancs on there own patch!!

Id walk a million miles for one of your Goals Ohhh Kenny!!!

YNWA

Offline 'justice'

• .....for the Westbury One.....and a woolly perm, a lacoste polo and a sovereign too, if it's not too much trouble, ta!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #173 on: January 8, 2011, 12:15:16 pm »
Fucking brilliant. Can't wait to stick it up the mancs tomorrow. Go ead Kenny Lad.  ;D

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: January 8, 2011, 12:15:57 pm »
Shouting and jumping in joy. Whole house went WTF. Still buzzing.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #175 on: January 8, 2011, 12:16:02 pm »
just woke up- lazy fucker I know- got on Rawk and nearly shit my shit myself.

Even though it was increasingly inevitable it still brilliantly surreal. 
http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Online Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: January 8, 2011, 12:16:28 pm »
Just feels like i can forget about all the boardroom shite that's gone on, the past 2 seasons i've totally lost my passion for the game.

The last time i was a season ticket holder Kenny was manager and him taking charge just feels so right, it feels we finally have our club back!

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: January 8, 2011, 12:17:25 pm »
just woke up- lazy fucker I know- got on Rawk and nearly shit my shit myself.

Even though it was increasingly inevitable it still brilliantly surreal.
You missed the breaking news!!!! What a moment.one of those where were you moments! and you missed it :P

Offline Paul

• Pensioner Abuser
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: January 8, 2011, 12:17:43 pm »
Like a Liverpool fan again

Offline Fernando-Towers

• Anny Roader
    • The Out of Towner
« Reply #179 on: January 8, 2011, 12:17:54 pm »
Ecstatic!!!!
"White liquid - milk. You know who to blame!".

Offline 'justice'

• .....for the Westbury One.....and a woolly perm, a lacoste polo and a sovereign too, if it's not too much trouble, ta!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #180 on: January 8, 2011, 12:18:32 pm »
He has been shit at his last two jobs, out of the game for yonks and where he was successful was either inheriting a great side or had the funds to buy one. I never saw him as a particularly good manager and this appointment smacks of sentiment and an attempt to appease the fans. We could seriously get relegated if we ar not careful.

*frets*

WTF?

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: January 8, 2011, 12:18:38 pm »
Have no doubts whatsoever that Kenny will be picking Rafa's brains over the players - we might start actually looking like a team in the near future.

Offline indianscouser

• Kopite
« Reply #182 on: January 8, 2011, 12:18:55 pm »
So, he's back. I can barely type this as I'm in fucking heaven right now, and my hands are shaking.

How do you feel? Best feeling since we were beating the mancs and madrid in Mar 09
Did you think you'd ever see the day when Kenny returned? Never. I now know how it felt during those great years in 86, 87, 88...
How do you think he'll do?Fuckinell...we as fans would do great...he would do well too, hope we make it to the Champions league places, will be difficult though
Where do you think we'll finish this season?I hope 4th...

Offline red_pete

• Anny Roader
« Reply #183 on: January 8, 2011, 12:19:16 pm »
The players will be under a unique pressure.  Can't hide behind the manager - this time the support for each and every one of them will be second to the support for the manager!

They have to step up.

;D

Offline Brown Bomber

• Main Stander
« Reply #184 on: January 8, 2011, 12:20:03 pm »
The League will be a bit diffcult this season, so we'll have to make do with second.

Offline AnyGivenSunday

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: January 8, 2011, 12:20:04 pm »
I've only just calmed down.  It feels so good.  We are Liverpool Football Club again.  It just feels so good

Offline Scribble8

• Bad WUM. Nu hållar sin käft, jävla wumjävel......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: January 8, 2011, 12:20:37 pm »
So how would he take on United away? A naive 4-4-2 or a balanced 4-2-3-1 with some actual tactics?

I'm made up Roy is gone and we now have a proper RED to lead our team and someone who understand the fans.

Offline red_pete

• Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: January 8, 2011, 12:21:31 pm »
He has been shit at his last two jobs, out of the game for yonks and where he was successful was either inheriting a great side or had the funds to buy one. I never saw him as a particularly good manager and this appointment smacks of sentiment and an attempt to appease the fans. We could seriously get relegated if we ar not careful.

*frets*

Hmmmmm.  I guess you never saw how he remade this club into an attacking force - the likes of which only Barca have matched.

Offline Fernando-Towers

• Anny Roader
    • The Out of Towner
« Reply #188 on: January 8, 2011, 12:22:23 pm »
It really does truly feel like we've got our club back. It really does.

What a perfect game to return to tomorrow. What a change form the feeling of dread to the wild hope and expectation.
"White liquid - milk. You know who to blame!".

Offline rednile

• Last one out
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 18 LT , 5 EC, 7 FAC, 8 LC, 3 UEFA,
« Reply #189 on: January 8, 2011, 12:23:22 pm »
Couldnt be happier about it , the lift the whole club needed . Interested to see his first team sheet .  FUCKING GET IT !
Spent sometimes in stormy weather                               

Offline lainey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: January 8, 2011, 12:23:31 pm »
got my 17 year old up with my jubilations - he like my other 2 have massive smiles on their faces

Offline Dan_YNWA

• Anny Roader
  • RAWK's resident Muslim
« Reply #191 on: January 8, 2011, 12:25:59 pm »
Ecstatic  :)
The King is back!

YNWA

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #192 on: January 8, 2011, 12:26:13 pm »

*frets*

He was caretaker manager for a few months at Celtic and won a trophy and he got Newcastle to runners up in the Premiership and to a Cup Final.

Somehow that simply does not translate to being shit in his last two jobs.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Brown Bomber

• Main Stander
« Reply #193 on: January 8, 2011, 12:26:51 pm »
Saw him play, saw him manage, saw him close to tears, heard Paul McCartney scream his name at a Wings concert in Liverpool, wished I wasn't twenty years older. Delighted that my son can see the real Liverpool Football Club.

Going upstairs, not sure whether to cry or wank.

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #194 on: January 8, 2011, 12:26:53 pm »
Fantastic news ...  a manager who understands what being LIverpool Manager means, who has the sort of relationship with supporters that can unite the fans behind him, after years of having Rafa/Roy lovers and haters that is a good feeling in itself.

On one hand my expectations are low .. we've only got the FA cup and the Europa league left to play for. Has he time to turn around the players confidence for an incredibly tough tie tomorrow ? probably not, but we can hope for a good shot at the Europa league at least. In the league all i'm hoping for is for us to be stabalised and a challenge for a european qualifying position and that's probably achievable at this point of the season .. so not exactly earth shattering expectations

On the other hand my expectations are very high ... I want good quality, pass and move, exciting to watch football, I want to love watcching Liverpool again, win or lose at least to have competed .. something we haven't seen this season so far but I really believe Kenny can do this ... the Liverpool way is his way ... nothing that happens from here to the end of the season, no matter what, will change the way I feel about Kenny Dalglish but I really hope he shows the "Liverpool supporters are living in the past" pundits just how good this squad can be and just how wrong they were about Roy feckin Hodgson
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: January 8, 2011, 12:27:03 pm »

*frets*

It's good to have people bringing others down to earth with opposing views.

BUT

Roy was utter shit and would have had us finish in mid table at best, or near the bottom of the table at worst. Not only that but our top players WILL have left.

Kenny is not a shit manager, and whilst he might be inexperienced in the game in the last 10 years, he knows his stuff. He's won everything going. More importantly, not only does he know the club, he's damn right ingrained in its history.

He'll do what Roy could never do; unite the club. The fans, the players, the owners, the management. Severe cracks have split all of those 'factions' away from each other, and in fact, factions within those have even emerged.

If Kenny does finish with us in mid table, then it's only what Roy would have done any way. But this way at least we can unite the club before the next long term manager comes in.

And if he does better than expected and gets us winning again? Then he stays on.

There's no risk in here. We won't get relegated because of Kenny. If we *still* play shit, it'll be us playing shit under the 3rd manager with the same team. It wouldn't take a genius to work out where the problems lie in that case.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Scouserpool

• Legacy Fan
  • https://twitter.com/Thommas86
« Reply #196 on: January 8, 2011, 12:27:24 pm »
Lol. all of my United supporter friends are saying "YNWA hit Hogdson right in the face"

I think they are afraid now ;)
PSN: delete_one

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later." Bob Paisley

"I want to use the incredible support to make coming to Anfield the longest 90 minutes of an opponent’s life." Brendan Rodgers

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: January 8, 2011, 12:27:31 pm »
So happy, finally looking forward to a match with enthusiasm!

That is what has been missing in my life for too long now. Under Roy and Christian I feared what I'd see before EVERY game we played. I don't feel that way anymore.

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #198 on: January 8, 2011, 12:28:11 pm »
Does this mean that Konchesky wont start? I am so damn happy with this appointment. No, he may not be able to turn things round on the pitch, but he is Liverpool through and through. He knows the Liverpool way and will do everything in his power to re-establish that philosophy at this football club.

LONG LIVE THE KING!
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #199 on: January 8, 2011, 12:28:24 pm »
It's important that everyone gets behind Kenny.  He can't be expected to work miracles after the start we've made.  He will have the benefit of the fans support though, something Hodgson never did.  Everyone can get behind the team now, without worrying about what Roy is saying in the press.  He's surely gonna put a smile back on the likes of Nando and Pepe's face too.

Assess the situation again in the summer.