Author Topic: Buses to Anfield  (Read 19566 times)

Offline Howard1234

• Anny Roader
Buses to Anfield
« on: April 28, 2011, 01:53:32 pm »
any buses from Lime street station to anfield except 17?
How long does it take?

Offline Dan The Man 28373

• Legacy Fan
  • We Always win in Rome!!
Re: Buses to Anfield
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 03:25:43 pm »
any buses from Lime street station to anfield except 17?
How long does it take?

I normally get a 14 bus from London Road (2-3 min walk from Lime St) that stops on the Breck Road/Oakfield Road/Belmont Road junction which is a 5min walk to the ground.  Takes about 20mins in total.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 05:22:58 pm »
You could always walk it, approximate 25/30 mins
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Online cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 05:31:17 pm »
You can get the 26 or 27 from the Liverpool One Bus station which is a ten minute walk from Lime Street.Bus takes around 15-20 mins
« Last Edit: August 3, 2011, 01:03:52 pm by cmulls5 »

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 06:30:11 pm »
i usually just go to the bus station and get the 26/27 ,  Sheil Road Circular

Offline Howard1234

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 07:17:04 pm »
Cheers

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2011, 09:45:37 pm »
You could always walk it, approximate 25/30 mins

It's a good 40 minute walk from town. Take it from somebody that does it every game.

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2011, 09:49:03 pm »
It's a good 40 minute walk from town. Take it from somebody that does it every game.
last time i walked from town was sunderland game , i always walk from the ground back tho

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2011, 09:51:38 pm »

Really? I walked from Lime street up through the park (Don't know it's name) and onto the kop end in about 30 mins with using google maps on my phone.
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Online cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 11:54:40 pm »
Really? I walked from Lime street up through the park (Don't know it's name) and onto the kop end in about 30 mins with using google maps on my phone.
Yeah walked it loads of times.It takes about 40 mins.

Offline kopite_chris78

• Main Stander
  • It was like playing in a foreign country
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2011, 01:00:01 am »
whats up with the 17..??

There's always a big queue with people paying cash but get a Saveway mate and just jump on walking past the queue.. We always do..

Or get a train to Moorefields and jump a 'Soccer Bus'
We see things they'll never see

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2011, 02:03:00 am »
Soccer Bus from outside St George's Hall goes straight to Anfield with no stops, costs about £1.80.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2011, 05:03:44 am »

Through the park is quicker and walking back is normally quicker.

Online cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2011, 02:34:14 pm »
Soccer Bus from outside St George's Hall goes straight to Anfield with no stops, costs about £1.80.
Forgot about that.917 isnt it?

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2011, 02:34:25 pm »

Yeah, 40-45 minute walk from town.  A nice way to burn off some of the calories you will use from yer pint before the game. :)
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline davenorthwales

• RAWK's utilities guru
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2011, 03:45:21 pm »
im sure i used to jog it in fifteen.. or jog and walk 25 mins.. leave the ground, walk up to the stanley pub, turn left, walk along everton vale.

i think i know what park was mentioned earlier.. newsham park..keep on walking all the way down oakfield rd. you don't actually go in it, turn right before it i never thought of taking that route before.

looks like whichever one, there's not much difference between the two.  by the time you wait for the bus, get on the bus, the bus gets to the traffic lights.. the bus gets stuck in traffic... the bus gets caught in traffic on scotland rd, more traffic lights... if you're fit, save two quid, walk it and you'll get to town before the bus lol
can i have my old name back please?

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2011, 05:13:05 pm »

i think i know what park was mentioned earlier.. newsham park..keep on walking all the way down oakfield rd. you don't actually go in it, turn right before it i never thought of taking that route before.

No way is he talking about Newsham park. That's completely the wrong way to get to lime st.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2011, 06:45:40 pm »
Anyone know what time the soccer specials leave at? Normally get the 17 on London Rd but often theyre too packed so just drive straight past, and with it being an early kick off, don't want to be missing the start.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2011, 06:54:57 pm »
Anyone know what time the soccer specials leave at? Normally get the 17 on London Rd but often theyre too packed so just drive straight past, and with it being an early kick off, don't want to be missing the start.

Do you mean the ones from by St George's Hall? They go every ten mins or so from about one-and-a-half hours before KO I think, they just fill one up and it leaves and then the next one is filled and goes, and so on, until about 30 mins before KO I think.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2011, 07:25:29 pm »
Do you mean the ones from by St George's Hall? They go every ten mins or so from about one-and-a-half hours before KO I think, they just fill one up and it leaves and then the next one is filled and goes, and so on, until about 30 mins before KO I think.
Yeah that is what I meant, might take a walk down there tomorrow then, cheers  :)

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #20 on: May 2, 2011, 12:32:43 pm »
i always get the bus to sheil road and walk it from there its like a 15/20 minute walk

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #21 on: May 3, 2011, 11:27:05 pm »
Train it to Kirkdale, 15 minute walk to the ground from there
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 4, 2011, 03:27:56 pm »
You can get the 26 or 27 from the Liverpool One Bus station which is a two minute walk from Lime Street.Bus takes around 15-20 mins

If you can get from Lime Street to Liverpool One bus station in two minutes you are Usain Bolt.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #23 on: August 3, 2011, 12:20:36 pm »
Our free paper has just announced that Stagecoach will be running new bus services on match days from Anfield to the city centre and also from Anfield to the new Gilmoss Park & Ride facility by their depot - nos 914 & 915 or something? There doesn't seem to be any news on their website about it but it was under Local Transport Announcements this week so there should be soon.

Both start 13th August, from 2 hours before the match. These will be in addition to the normal 26/27 and 17 services.
We are a team of one half.

Online cmulls5

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: August 3, 2011, 01:01:41 pm »
If you can get from Lime Street to Liverpool One bus station in two minutes you are Usain Bolt.
Ha! .Just notice that.Meant to say  around ten
« Last Edit: August 3, 2011, 01:04:33 pm by cmulls5 »

Online Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 4, 2011, 12:34:22 pm »
The 14 from Queens Square to the Cabbage Hall, easy !

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 07:38:02 pm »
Take it those buses still run from outside St George's then? For tomorrow.

Offline crackerbox

• Yes boys, shorts weather
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #27 on: August 9, 2012, 12:42:54 pm »
Any busses from Aintree to Anfield?
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

http://twitter.com/crackerboxx

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #28 on: August 9, 2012, 01:10:13 pm »

I'd say walking to Queens Arms and the 311 then a walk from Walton Road in Kirkdale (about ten minutes). Not sure about times.

Try Merseytravel http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/

Offline crackerbox

• Yes boys, shorts weather
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up n' about
« Reply #29 on: August 9, 2012, 05:09:48 pm »
I'd say walking to Queens Arms and the 311 then a walk from Walton Road in Kirkdale (about ten minutes). Not sure about times.

Try Merseytravel http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/
Ta!
I was in Alder Hay with an abscess on my hip in about 1973 and Bill Shankly never came and played the bongos for me.

http://twitter.com/crackerboxx

Offline Dav

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2012, 09:16:20 am »
Probably a bit late now mind..

But there are plenty of buses to near Anfield from Aintree, at least if you're going the match.

If it's a daytime game, virtually every bus into town from Aintree station will go along County Road, with the exception of the 300. From there, it's a short walk uphill and across Stanley Park to get to Anfield itself. 10 mins maybe?

If its an evening game, then both the 130 and the 210/250 will get you to County Road. The 311, 345 etc will get there as well, but they finish about 7.30 so you'll only be able to get the 210/250 or 130 home.

The other option of course is the train from Aintree station to Sandhills and then get the Soccerbus to Anfield direct.

Hope it helps.

Offline jeffthorn

• Main Stander
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 10:21:45 pm »
The one time I took the #26 bus from Lime Street it took me around 15/20 minutes
Liverpool & Oxford Utd are my passion.

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2012, 01:25:02 pm »
The one time I took the #26 bus from Lime Street it took me around 15/20 minutes

I've taken the No. 26 from Liverpool One to Walton Breck Rd which takes you right to Anfield and then the No. 27 back to Liverpool One. Usually takes 15-20 mins and if you buy a day ticket its only £3.80.
I'm flying in to Liverpool next Sunday for the Man City game so I'll take the 500 to Liverpool One and then the 26.
Can't wait!

Offline cjc9020801Beverly Hills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team of Carraghers
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2012, 05:18:11 pm »
buses from down side of st georges hall - £1.80 i think they were last season.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2012, 01:04:15 am »
buses from down side of st georges hall - £1.80 i think they were last season.

Not this weekend.

Be careful if anyone is expecting to use buses from Liverpool city centre to Anfield this sunday ( 26th August ) as the Mathew Street Festival is on.

There are five music stages positioned around the city centre, and lots of road closures as the roads are given over to pedestrians for the day.

The buses will be diverted to alternative routes* and there will be a different services to those that are usually advertised.

Merseytravel will have staff out on Sunday- in dayglow green hi-vis bibs - , redirecting the public to where they can find the service they want or where its been moved to.

For the North end of the city, in the past, the buses have started and terminated at Lime Street. I would pressume that something similar will be the norm this year, but don't quote me on that.
:wave

*I'm talking about the City Centre. Outside of the City centre(to Anfield), the bus service will be the normal Sunday services.

***My sister works for merseytravel, so I'll get some solid info in the next couple of days, and stick it up here***

Page 20 of this leaflet.
http://issuu.com/ihughes007/docs/mst?mode=window&backgroundColor=%23222222
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 01:34:39 am by Big Red Richie »

Offline fletcheri

• Kopite
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 01:46:01 am »
Taxi from Lime St to Anfield is about 7 quid

Offline Aldo96

• Anny Roader
  • Scousers Rule The Country - Kop STH
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2012, 05:29:49 pm »
I have two spare tickets from Liverpool Coach Station to London Victoria for 30th August (Hearts at Home), leaving at 23:40 and arriving at 06:15. If anyone knows anyone who would be interested please let them know. Cheers.

£56.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 05:35:02 pm by Aldo96 »
Liverpool is a soul mate, you can never fall out of love.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2012, 07:20:04 pm »
Not this weekend.

Be careful if anyone is expecting to use buses from Liverpool city centre to Anfield this sunday ( 26th August ) as the Mathew Street Festival is on.

There are five music stages positioned around the city centre, and lots of road closures as the roads are given over to pedestrians for the day.

The buses will be diverted to alternative routes* and there will be a different services to those that are usually advertised.

Merseytravel will have staff out on Sunday- in dayglow green hi-vis bibs - , redirecting the public to where they can find the service they want or where its been moved to.

For the North end of the city, in the past, the buses have started and terminated at Lime Street. I would pressume that something similar will be the norm this year, but don't quote me on that.
:wave

*I'm talking about the City Centre. Outside of the City centre(to Anfield), the bus service will be the normal Sunday services.

***My sister works for merseytravel, so I'll get some solid info in the next couple of days, and stick it up here***

Page 20 of this leaflet.
http://issuu.com/ihughes007/docs/mst?mode=window&backgroundColor=%23222222
Thanks for the heads up. Perhaps you could keep us updated from your sister. Will the 26 and 27 from Liverpool One be affected?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2012, 08:10:41 pm »
Quick update.

Sunday 26th.

Any buses that use the Liverpool One bus station via the routes to the South of the city centre, like Hanover St/Renshaw St etc should not be affected.

Any bus ervice that usualy comes through the city centre via Queens Squre, Victoria Street etc. will be starting/terminating at Lower London road or Lime Street.

ie: dropping off at one side of Lime Street, swinging around, and restarting thier journey at the other side of Lime Street/St.Georges Plateau.

The Soccer bus that runs from Sandhills in not affected, but the one that usually runs from St.Johns Lane (917 )will be running from Elliot Street.

All bus routes that usualy come through the city centre to service the North end of the city will all have allocated temporary bus stops along Lime Street.

17 to Kirkby
Use bus stop C on Lime Street. Buses to the city centre will finish at Lime Street outside Lime Street station.

14, 14A to Croxteth and Kirkby
Use bus stop C on Lime Street. Buses to the city centre will finish at Lime Street outside Lime Street station.

19, 19A, 244 to Kirkby

26 Sheil Road circular
Use Stand 4 at Liverpool ONE Bus Station.
27 Sheil Road Circular.
Use Stand 8 at Liverpool ONE Bus Station.

917 to Liverpool Football Club
On Sunday 26 August, buses will run from stop GC on Elliot Street. 

Everything Merseytravel related for this sunday.

Road/Rail/River.  :wave

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/articleimages/Mathew%20Street%20Music%20Festival%202012%20Changes%20to%20public%20transport.pdf
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:20:22 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline portRUSHred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2012, 11:32:31 pm »
Quick update.

Sunday 26th.

Any buses that use the Liverpool One bus station via the routes to the South of the city centre, like Hanover St/Renshaw St etc should not be affected.

Any bus ervice that usualy comes through the city centre via Queens Squre, Victoria Street etc. will be starting/terminating at Lower London road or Lime Street.

ie: dropping off at one side of Lime Street, swinging around, and restarting thier journey at the other side of Lime Street/St.Georges Plateau.

The Soccer bus that runs from Sandhills in not affected, but the one that usually runs from St.Johns Lane (917 )will be running from Elliot Street.

All bus routes that usualy come through the city centre to service the North end of the city will all have allocated temporary bus stops along Lime Street.

17 to Kirkby

14, 14A to Croxteth and Kirkby

19, 19A, 244 to Kirkby

26 Sheil Road circular
Use Stand 4 at Liverpool ONE Bus Station.
27 Sheil Road Circular.
Use Stand 8 at Liverpool ONE Bus Station.

917 to Liverpool Football Club
On Sunday 26 August, buses will run from stop GC on Elliot Street. 

Everything Merseytravel related for this sunday.

Road/Rail/River.  :wave

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/articleimages/Mathew%20Street%20Music%20Festival%202012%20Changes%20to%20public%20transport.pdf

Many thanks Big Red Richie and to your sister for this info.
We are flying in early Sunday morning so we may go and see some of the festival before the game. We are flying out again on Sunday night so cant really afford to hang about getting to the airport. I had planned getting the 27 to Liverpool One and then the 500 to the airport.