Author Topic: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 108526 times)

Offline Arden

• Anny Roader
Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #760 on: December 5, 2011, 11:41:11 pm »
Played our best striker who tore Fulham up last season on the left wing.

Played an out of form striker who was once again a passenger.

Didnt play Maxi who scored bagged 3 goals against Fulham.

Kenny got it wrong today aswell as our players who, once again, dominate but cant seem to score.

My exact sentiments.

Bad clanger from Kenny. Strange decision making really. Using the exact blueprint for our victory there last season, would of seen us score before the red card.

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #761 on: December 5, 2011, 11:41:20 pm »
Played well but couldn't finish. Shite ref un all.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #762 on: December 5, 2011, 11:41:52 pm »

Kenny got it wrong today aswell as our players who, once again, dominate but cant seem to score.
What if Carroll buried his chance in the first half? or if Jordan's shot went in off the post? I would have liked to see Maxi too but it is a bit simplistic to think his exclusion was the sole reason for our defeat.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #763 on: December 5, 2011, 11:43:11 pm »
Played well but couldn't finish. Shite ref un all.
'bout sums it up..
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #764 on: December 5, 2011, 11:43:20 pm »
It doesn't though does it really? It's nice that he's unreal and that we're creating loads of chances but the fact is he doesn't actually have many assists either. Like I say, he's being outperformed by comparable rivals, and you only need look at our 'goals scored' column and the number of points we have so far to see that his 'overall impact' while undoubtedly excellent, isn't, in fact, an adequate substitute for actually creating and scoring goals.

Of course, that isn't all his fault by any means, less his fault than it is others, and as I said earlier I think Suarez would improve a lot if there weren't so much pressure on him. Finishing-wise he strikes me as a player who isn't at his best when the spotlight's all on him. Get one or two others in there scoring and he doesn't feel so much pressure to do it all himself, and I think he'd be a bit more composed, a bit calmer, make better decisions and finish/set up more as a result.

I think Suarez misses having a really good strike partner, someone on the same wavelength as him (good movement and instincts). Suarez is a step ahead of the defenders, but i guess he is a step ahead of his strike partner too.

In the game tonight, he laid off a few passes, and played some through balls that no one was prepared for. When he spots an opportunity, he is often the only one who anticipated it. I think a nifty player who "gets" Luis, will bring out the best in him (and each other).. IMHO..

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #765 on: December 5, 2011, 11:44:20 pm »
'head, body or feet' ie. not arms - wikipedia

As I said earlier, there's a ref on TTT who goes over these decision, he's talked about the 'level' thing before, and actually it isn't level if any part of the striker is ahead of the defender. Looking at those pics, it seems pretty clear that parts of Suarez are ahead of Senderos, which means it's offside.

There is no 'benefit of the doubt' rule either, which I know you haven't mentioned but which others have. It's one of those rules in football that is actually pretty black and white. Like in horse racing if you're ahead by a nose you're still ahead, which means you're offside.

i think he is offside in all of these and i thought so from the live replay too  ;)

He looks onside because the angle you have that picture on, if you make it so we are on line with Hangelaand he is clearly offside. ::)

Agree. you have to take into account the perspective of distance (ie. yellow line incorrectly placed parallel to grass markings) and also the position/angle of the camera behind play. even without this, he still looks off, imo  :-[

SUAREZ WAS CLEARLY OFFSIDE  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

http://yfrog.com/h6jo3wij

offside ? fuck off
He was fucking level. Level = Benefit of doubt = Onside

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: December 5, 2011, 11:45:21 pm »

It's so easy when written like that isn't it?

Do you really think that you now more about the current squad than our manager?  Do you really think that our manager didn't realise the points that you've made, or even worse that he then ignored them?

I'd be the first to say that Maxi has played well lately and he played well in the same fixture last year - but what ever happened to us being the supporters who trusted our manager to do his job? 

The team that was out there was more than good enough to beat Fulham.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: December 5, 2011, 11:45:54 pm »
What if Carroll buried his chance in the first half? or if Jordan's shot went in off the post? I would have liked to see Maxi too but it is a bit simplistic to think his exclusion was the sole reason for our defeat.

Ifs and buts mate. We been saying that against Sunderland, Norwich, Swansea, Man Utd. If we put those chances away, wed be top of the league.

But were 7th ...

I didnt state that was the sole reason, but you need the best possible chance of winning. To play Carroll whos BADLY out of form, and not play Maxi who tore up Fulham last season along with Suarez (who was put on the wing)? Id say thats a huge reason, but not soley.

I also stated our scoring is a major problem.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: December 5, 2011, 11:46:06 pm »
Joke.

Was clearly onside.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: December 5, 2011, 11:46:18 pm »
Apparently we've not moved foward since Kenny came back in...  :wave
That's obviously ridiculous but I think there is definitely a case for saying if we have moved forwards since the start of the summer transfer window.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline keswick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: December 5, 2011, 11:46:58 pm »
And why would Cavani leave Napoli who will (in all likelihood) be in the latter stages of the CL to to come to a club that is not in CL and could be outside the top four in January?

Agree....But money talks!!!

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: December 5, 2011, 11:47:29 pm »
What money?
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: December 5, 2011, 11:47:47 pm »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=317985&cc=5901

Even Soccernet are saying we got screwed, and they usually take the piss out of us:

However, a sense of grievance cloaked Liverpool's night after they were denied a strong claim to a penalty and a legitimate goal from Luis Suarez was disallowed for offside, before Jay Spearing was shown a straight red card.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: December 5, 2011, 11:48:15 pm »

It does.  And it says "Go to the Eastlands"
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #774 on: December 5, 2011, 11:48:40 pm »
It's so easy when written like that isn't it?

Do you really think that you now more about the current squad than our manager?  Do you really think that our manager didn't realise the points that you've made, or even worse that he then ignored them?

I'd be the first to say that Maxi has played well lately and he played well in the same fixture last year - but what ever happened to us being the supporters who trusted our manager to do his job? 

The team that was out there was more than good enough to beat Fulham.

Why not have your own opinion? You don't have to accept every decision a manager makes to support him, especially when the answer is staring you in the face.

Offline keswick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: December 5, 2011, 11:48:52 pm »
Oh, and we still haven't shifted the 'one man' team label... If Suarez doesn't get the rub of the green(chances created for him from his team mates is very poor at the moment) then the likely hood of a Liverpool win is very slim!!!

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #776 on: December 5, 2011, 11:48:52 pm »
Just got back from the match.

Thought it was a very tight game that could have gone either way. Before the red we probably edged it, afterwards Fulham did.

Thought the referee was terrible. I'm not one to blame referees for lost points normally, and am happy to admit we weren't clinical enough in front of goal. In an ideal world we'd have been three up at half time and not given the ref the opportunity to make such significant mistakes....

But we weren't. Because Fulham aren't a bad side, and we didn't play all that well. I like Andy Carroll, but it was a bad, bad move to play him. Hangeland is a beast, but he and Senderos are ponderously slow, and we should have had Maxi, Suarez and Bellamy running at them for 90 minutes. Carroll was under so much pressure that even when he did win flick ons, they never went where he wanted them to. Some neat touches but not enough impact.

Beyond that, I thought we were ok. Put Fulham under a lot of pressure. Henderson, who I think was our best player after Suarez, had a good game and was unlucky to hit the post, as was Downing. We haven't had much luck in that department this season, and if Downing's shot had crept in we'd probably have won.

But the ref has cost us points, however you look at it. Suarez's goal looked onside to me, and I thought the treatment that the ref gave Suarez throughout was poor. Every time, whether it was a 50/50, 60/40, even 70/30 in Suarez's favour, he gave the free kick against him, with the odd 'token decision' to try to make out he was being fair, usually with the ball deep in out own half. Suarez doesn't help himself sometimes, but that doesn't mean he should be victimised like this.

I thought the Adam 'penalty' was very tight. Looked to us like a penalty, although at the end of the day Adam really should have passed it before he was brought down.

And the red card? I'm sorry, but at the time I thought it was barely a foul and after watching again, I haven't changed my mind. Decent tackle that Dembele made the most of. What pissed me off was that the referee followed the ball until he heard Demebele screaming and shouting. Turned round, saw him writhing around on the floor, and calmly sent Jay off. Went from 'play on' to 'red card' in seconds, I don't understand it.

If Suarez's goal is allowed? We might well have won, or at worst a 1-1 draw.

If Jay wasn't sent off? Think we would have got at least a point.

Ref cost us points there, no doubt about it. That, along with bad luck AND poor finishing has left me feeling pretty disconsolate.
« Last Edit: December 5, 2011, 11:50:44 pm by JerseyKopite »

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #777 on: December 5, 2011, 11:49:18 pm »
Fuck this shit, I'm going to the gym.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: December 5, 2011, 11:49:29 pm »
Dembele would have gotten to the ball first, running into space in on goal, if he had not committed himself and launched at it first.  Lucas would have done the same thing.
Lucas feet wouldn't have left the ground.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Nin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: December 5, 2011, 11:49:43 pm »
Looks just offside to me.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #780 on: December 5, 2011, 11:50:06 pm »
 look at the ball, it is already off the ground. so that shot is a split second after the pass was struck.
#onside

SUAREZ WAS CLEARLY OFFSIDE  ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: December 5, 2011, 11:51:12 pm »
Kenny doesnt get much wrong but he picked the wrong team today. The Andy Carroll fee is an alabatros around the team's neck at the moment.

Otherwise, game turned on inces. Henderson hits the inside of the post when inches to the left its a goal, ref give a free kick inches away from the area, linesman dissalows a goal as Suarez is inches offside... Leaving aside whether they were good or bad calls, the refs saw it that way, and in all 3 moments we were just inches away from 2 goals and a pen.

Red card was a joke.

We've hit the woodwork 15 times this season in 17 games, league and cup. We've also missed 3 penalties.

Same shit, different season.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: December 5, 2011, 11:53:26 pm »
Why not have your own opinion? You don't have to accept every decision a manager makes to support him, especially when the answer is staring you in the face.

I'm honestly not trying to sound like a superfan (before I'm accused of it) but I just think that Kenny knows more about football, more about our squad and more about the opposition than me, or anyone else on here.  Given this, it annoys me when I see people saying Kenny clearly fucked up - as if it's that obvious.

My point is more that if Johnson hadn't allowed Murphy inside, if Reina hadn't spilled the ball, if Spearing hadn't got sent off, if the ref had got his decisions right or if Carroll had taken his chance then we would have won.

The team that was out there was good enough to win.  There are so many other variables but the team selection (and one selection in particular) seems to be all that some people like to focus on. 

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: December 5, 2011, 11:55:00 pm »
look at the ball, it is already off the ground. so that shot is a split second after the pass was struck.
#onside

ball is actually overlapping his foot.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: December 5, 2011, 11:55:46 pm »
Really frustrated right now, think i need to go for a walk.
I think you do.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #785 on: December 5, 2011, 11:59:53 pm »

Thought it was a very tight game that could have gone either way. Before the red we probably edged it, afterwards Fulham did.

Thought the referee was terrible. I'm not one to blame referees for lost points normally, and am happy to admit we weren't clinical enough in front of goal. In an ideal world we'd have been three up at half time and not given the ref the opportunity to make such significant mistakes....

But we weren't. Because Fulham aren't a bad side, and we didn't play all that well. I like Andy Carroll, but it was a bad, bad move to play him. Hangeland is a beast, but he and Senderos are ponderously slow, and we should have had Maxi, Suarez and Bellamy running at them for 90 minutes. Carroll was under so much pressure that even when he did win flick ons, they never went where he wanted them to. Some neat touches but not enough impact.

Beyond that, I thought we were ok. Put Fulham under a lot of pressure. Henderson, who I think was our best player after Suarez, had a good game and was unlucky to hit the post, as was Downing. We haven't had much luck in that department this season, and if Downing's shot had crept in we'd probably have won.

But the ref has cost us points, however you look at it. Suarez's goal looked onside to me, and I thought the treatment that the ref gave Suarez throughout was poor. Every time, whether it was a 50/50, 60/40, even 70/30 in Suarez's favour, he gave the free kick against him, with the odd 'token decision' to try to make out he was being fair, usually with the ball deep in out own half. Suarez doesn't help himself sometimes, but that doesn't mean he should be victimised like this.

I thought the Adam 'penalty' was very tight. Looked to us like a penalty, although at the end of the day Adam really should have passed it before he was brought down.

And the red card? I'm sorry, but at the time I thought it was barely a foul and after watching again, I haven't changed my mind. Decent tackle that Dembele made the most of. What pissed me off was that the referee followed the ball until he heard Demebele screaming and shouting. Turned round, saw him writhing around on the floor, and calmly sent Jay off. Went from 'play on' to 'red card' in seconds, I don't understand it.

Ref cost us points there, no doubt about it. That, along with bad luck AND poor finishing has left me feeling pretty disconsolate.
Agree with a lot of that.

* Henderson and Suarez played well..
* Adam should defo have laid off that pass before he was taken down. That was also a professional foul by Senderos, he made no attempt to play the ball, he bluntly went for the man.
* Suarez, When he tried to round Senderos (or was it Hangeland?), he was absolutely obstructed.
* Henderson was very unlucky when he hit the post, i was sure we had scored.
* Same applies to Downing's effort.
* Don't know why Kenny played Carroll against 2 defenders suited to the highball game.
* I thought Jay tried hard, but was outmuscled a lot in the first half. Thought his tackle might have warranted a yellow.
* Suarez's goal, he was defo onside. those above pics are misleading as the ball is already in motion.
* I wish Carroll would stay on his feet more
* I wish Luis would get up quicker when he goes down.
* Some of the things that Suarez did tonight were 2 or 3 steps ahead of everyone else on the pitch. We need him playing with a partner who will anticipate his moves, someone with the spirit of opportunism.
* any why the hell was Bellamy booked, and Dempsey (the goal scorer) not sent off earlier in the game? I thought Bellamy did remarkably well to not raise a hand.. That is surely a red card for Dempsey, and a pat on the back for Craig.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2011, 12:07:30 am by conman »

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #786 on: December 6, 2011, 12:02:56 am »
I'm a little calmer now so I'll try and be a little more rational. We must be without fucking question the most frustrating team in the league. Bar none. 15 times we've hit the woodwork, missed three pens and miss chance after fucking chance. We don't help ourselves. But then again neither does lady luck or a bit of leeway from the officials.

The law of the game says that if a foul is being commited outside the box and continues into it, a penalty kick should be given. That didn't fucking happen.

Luis Suarez was level with the defender before he scored. It should of been given, simple as that.

Jay Spearing made a perfectly fine tackle for which he got a red card for. Never was it a red card, never was it even a fucking foul.

Dempsey throws his head at Bellamy for about 5 seconds, should be a red card but it isn't. Bellamy does nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing but laugh and he gets booked for it.

I just don't know anymore. We are not helping ourselves as I say, we need a massive kick up the backside if we want fourth and I just hope tonight was that. Roll on QPR.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: December 6, 2011, 12:03:34 am »

Great post!
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Billman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #788 on: December 6, 2011, 12:03:51 am »
Think the squad will be smarting and feeling aggrieved after tonight. They deserve the right to respond on Saturday. Losing this game, and some of the draws that came before it are bad, but it's not quite in the same league as the feelings of sheer exasperation after many of the performances under roy

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: December 6, 2011, 12:04:02 am »

Been a long time since I've seen a post that summed up a game so well, especially (i assume) without benefit of replays. Hats off to you sir.

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #790 on: December 6, 2011, 12:04:47 am »
tbg, I don't get this it was a horrible performance stuff.

To me, it was a much better performances than the one @ WBA....first half was eve, but we were in complete control before the sending off

Offline s_andrews89

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #791 on: December 6, 2011, 12:04:51 am »
Whatever you say about the ref, the tactics, or anything else, the 13 men that went out onto the pitch in a red shirt today did not put in a performance that was good enough. That team should have beaten Fulham.

Yes, I think Jay was horrifically hard done by. I'd probably err on the side of the lino with the Suarez goal, and Senderos was lucky to stay on the pitch. But overall the whole team was not good enough. To win the game, and to come where we want to be in this league. And i fucking hate moaning.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: December 6, 2011, 12:07:00 am »
I'm honestly not trying to sound like a superfan (before I'm accused of it) but I just think that Kenny knows more about football, more about our squad and more about the opposition than me, or anyone else on here.  Given this, it annoys me when I see people saying Kenny clearly fucked up - as if it's that obvious.

It's possible to have faith in Kenny and believe he made mistakes. He seems to have unlimited faith in Carroll and next to no faith in Maxi when it comes to team selection. But it's Maxi who makes the absolute most of his chances when picked. And it's been like that since Kenny took over. So Kenny goes with Carroll, who is a passenger again. That decision is hard to defend. Even more so when we lose and fail to score.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #793 on: December 6, 2011, 12:08:13 am »
What we really need is a striker like Ian Rush or Robbie Fowler.
we had one, and the previous admin ( G&T) ruined him
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Ryan M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: December 6, 2011, 12:08:15 am »
Right, we're to start. Well the first place is to congratulate Fulham on their victory. They played some good stuff at times, hope they on to have a good season.

Regarding the match, some players excelled; Enrique, Henderson and Suarez. Others struggled; Johnson, Spearing and Carroll.

Unfortunately at the moment when being biased we seem to be very unlucky. However one thing is certain really lack consistency. We have just come back from matching the best English side since United of Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez. Also just out played and beat an ageing Chelsea team. Kenny has changed the ethos of the team, but that consistency has been lacking for twelve months.

First half I thought Liverpool were ok and just edged it. Carroll looked alright but what was worrying was the second half. Liverpool's best moments didn't involve Andy. We need to make a decions on whether to invet more money and be patient with him, or offload him and recruit a new striker. I want the Carroll who looks for fights on the pitch, love him or hate Duncan Ferguson made sure you wouldn't mess with him. He spends to much time arguing with officials or his own team mates. He needs to start twating defenders, winding them up.

The referee, we have to get used to different decisions. I understand nearly all his decions, one I never was the Senderos incident when he tripped Carroll and no second yellow was provided, considering the ball was twenty yards away.

Dissapointed but look forward to QPR. Downing done good when he came on and could be close to a recall. However I think Maxi might come in with Spearing suspended. Downing possibly for Carroll.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: December 6, 2011, 12:08:48 am »
The law of the game says that if a foul is being commited outside the box and continues into it, a penalty kick should be given. That didn't fucking happen.

Laws of the Game only says that a pen is given if a foul is committed in the box - so far as I can see.  Nothing about fouls that start outside and end inside the box.

http://ar.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12e.pdf
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: December 6, 2011, 12:09:24 am »
Only thing that I would dispute would be the Spearing tackle - it was definitely a foul and a yellow - if you throw yourself in like that and catch the man as high as he did it's a foul, even if you get the ball first. The problem is that the league seems to be in a kind of limbo whereby those tackles will normally be let go but then every so often the ref will just send the player straight off. As I said above, it seemed very similar to the Rodwell red where the ref has just looked at the speed of the player going into the tackle and the reaction of the player on the other end and flung out a red without thinking a bit more about the context of the tackle.

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: December 6, 2011, 12:12:07 am »
Laws of the Game only says that a pen is given if a foul is committed in the box - so far as I can see.  Nothing about fouls that start outside and end inside the box.

http://ar.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12e.pdf

For me there was one foul when he had his arms around him outside of the box, and then another where he clipped his legs inside the box (just about). Given all the fuss about players going down too easily, in a situation like that I'd want forwards to stay up under a tackle and then get their rewards if they get fouled again.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #798 on: December 6, 2011, 12:12:26 am »
Kenny doesnt get much wrong but he picked the wrong team today. The Andy Carroll fee is an alabatros around the team's neck at the moment.

I think we should get shot of him if we can, to be honest. He doesn't fit into our style of play, he isn't on the same wavelength as those around him and as you said, the team is suffering because of it.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline WhiteHeat

• Legacy Fan
  • wants the traditions of LFC back.
« Reply #799 on: December 6, 2011, 12:14:57 am »
We didn't play as well as we can and have in recent games although with 11 men we'd have taken at least a 0-0 IMO. They only got on top once Jay went off.

I'd have put Maxi on earlier.

Oh well, onwards and upwards. Need a win Saturday, we can't afford Chelsea and Arsenal pulling away.