Author Topic: Chelsea v Liverpool: League Cup QF - Tues 29th Nov - 19.45  (Read 107106 times)

Offline payback

• is full of shit, shit and more shit, oh and chillies.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Chelsea - Liverpool HT Chat 0-0
« Reply #1920 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:34 pm »

Offline Scousebeef

• Kopite
  • BELIEVER!
« Reply #1921 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:34 pm »
must say tho look at us now compared to this time last season. I have faith in the team and the manager again and it feels so sweet!  :)
"you have to change from being a doubter to a believer"
-Jurgén Klopp-

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1922 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:41 pm »
Do you think Carrol was following penalty orders? Thats the only reason i can think he would have stepped up considering he didnt look too confident. I though Bellamy was certain to take it.
Football is a lie

Offline -RedTilDead-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1923 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:42 pm »
Best thing for me was hearing the travelling Kop singing there's only one Andy Carroll after he missed the penalty. 

Lucas just gets better and better and his confidence looks sky high, not to mention his fitness.

We look a lot better than them,  let's keep it up!
"I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are." - Homer Simpson

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #1924 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:43 pm »
We`re comfortable but not really threatening in the first half.Thats ok with me though,we can bring on subs to make an impact going forward in the second half.I`m going mad for Andy he just can`t get a break at the moment.Keep up this second half and with a bit of luck we can pinch it.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1925 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:44 pm »
frustrated we're not winning

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1926 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:46 pm »
Lukaku put in an absolute horror challenge there and Dowd has had a good game so far except that bit where he showed a card to an innocent player. 

On the whole, we have been bossing it without quite managing to threaten consistently.  However the signs are good.

And yes it was a poor penalty from Andy but I reckon he's been quite decent in this game.  Just needs some goals really. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1927 on: November 29, 2011, 08:45:48 pm »
Apart from the penalty miss I've been impressed by Carroll. He looks proper up for this, he's actually putting himself about instead of aimlessly jogging about the pitch. Calling it now, he's gonna get one of their defenders sent off and snatch the winner.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1928 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:09 pm »
why dont mods weed out the 1 or 2 bellends, instead of locking the whole thread?

anyway, renties look there for the taking..

Offline lfc786

• Kopite
« Reply #1929 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:14 pm »
henderson is going to go out on the kill to look for the player who did that foul  ;D

Offline WheelerLFC

• Anny Roader
  • Brendan Rodgers Liverpool are on our way to glory!
« Reply #1930 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:17 pm »
get Suarez on for 45mins and these will fall to bits they will have to stand off him so they dont go down to 10 or even 9 men Carroll just isnt doing it for me tonight, Bellamy playing well and Lucas is playing in a league of him own again tonight.
'Take that poof bandage off, and what do you mean YOUR knee, it's LIVERPOOL'S knee!' - Bill Shankly

Offline mayday

• Kopite
  • Keep the faith
« Reply #1931 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:21 pm »
Again, Lucas is fucking boss.
In Brendan We Trust

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #1932 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:33 pm »
Don´t know why Bellamy didn´t take the pelanty.. Carroll was destined to miss and now Turnbull will have all the confidence in the world. If they don´t get a man sent off, they´ll probably end up getting a pelanty of their own and we all know what´ll happen when fat Frank steps up.. Still, we´ve played better than them and can hopefully get one or two now in the second half.. I´m trying my best here to will one in for Carroll but man, he´s resisting me.
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Offline Nonex

• Anny Roader
  • "I think the phrase rhymes with clucking bell."
« Reply #1933 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:41 pm »
he's a sucker?

No he is cleaning the place up.

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1934 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:51 pm »
Lucas Leiva. No more superlatives. 

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1935 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:55 pm »
Bring on Suarez for a bit to finish them off.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #1936 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:55 pm »
We're the better side, just haven't got the firepower upfront.

Not even going to have a pop at Carroll, the penalty was saved, not missed, but why he's taking it I just don't know.

Also, why is it that whenever Andy Carroll does anything at all which isn't that great people automatically have to get out a list of stats to defend everything? I swear Tomkins spent the remainder of the half just banging on about it. It's cringeworthy.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1937 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:56 pm »
Can we not just ban the knob heads and have the match thread open?
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:57 pm »
He missed a pen, shit happens. We're still well in this and the better team for me. Come on redmen!

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #1939 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:58 pm »
Yep, means nothing, a penalty to take the lead in a major cup quarter final is fuck all.

The best players have missed penalties and it was always on the cards that a youngster under huge pressure low on confidence was going to miss. Poor really that no one had the courage to take that ball off him.

Otherwise, it's been a pretty good performance and them having four on a yellow and already used a sub is a huge advantage.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1940 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:09 pm »
Other than pen thought Carroll looked good...

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #1941 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:13 pm »
Im not a Carroll basher at all, but I dont think he's having the best game. Partially because of not having much service from wide areas.

If Suarez was on the pitch we would be winning this game I think. I would just bring Suarez on now for the next 45 because one of those centre backs is gonna get sent off for sure
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy

Offline PattoLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1942 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:36 pm »
How much did Chelsea pay for Lukaku?

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #1943 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:39 pm »
thought that peno call at the end, actually was a peno...
watch the replay, and SideShows left peg is spread out at a 90degree angle to prevent Andy getting through on goal.

Yes it should have been a penalty.....he is a sly player who likes to push and trip. Hopefully he'll do it once too often.
#JFT97

Offline Zaffarious

• likes 2 mins from the toilet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Militant Fan
« Reply #1944 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:44 pm »
i think we have been brilliant. henderson , bellemy, maxi, lucas. even andy has been descent in build up play. just needs to stay on his feet more and u know, put away chances from 12 yards or less.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1945 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:45 pm »
Do you think Carrol was following penalty orders? Thats the only reason i can think he would have stepped up considering he didnt look too confident. I though Bellamy was certain to take it.

Carroll snatched the ball off Turnbull and was clearly dying to take it. He wanted to take the one against West Brom too.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1946 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »
Carroll needs to anticipate more. Hopefully itl come the more he develops, if he develops.
Football is a lie

Offline Third Account

• Main Stander
« Reply #1947 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:59 pm »
Mellor scored for Preston tonight, maybe we can make bid in January and make him our third choice striker.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #1948 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:09 pm »
The service to Carroll from wide is pretty poor. He's had one decent cross to attack properly and we won the penalty from it.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1949 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:15 pm »
The best players have missed penalties and it was always on the cards that a youngster under huge pressure low on confidence was going to miss.

Indeed, which is why I'm fucking pissed off at him for taking it.

Offline redhokie8

• Kopite
« Reply #1950 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:21 pm »
Honestly don't think carroll has been bad, outside of the pk, too be fair. Quite honestly I think he's been ok. I think part of the issue as many people have pointed out is how we're using him. I'd like to see him get a but more involved in the play with his feet, and whip balls in the box instead of floating them. People need to be reminded the guy is only 22 and still has alot to learn. I think it's fair to say maybe he hasn't been at the level we've hoped, but give him time and we'll receive our due rewards.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1951 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:23 pm »
Why does Andy Carroll end up on the deck so much? He needs to watch Lucas and learn a few lessons on how to use his strength and not be a bit of a shithouse.

Secondly, Lucas is boss. Thirdly, Lukakakakauaiakla the c*nt needed sending off. Fourthly, are we playing at home or something? Fifthly, we need to finish these bastards off.
:lmao
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1952 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:25 pm »
Im sure its just me but I just dont get why Chellsea didnt get a penalty and Luiz got booked? Then shook the refs hand? i thought it was a nailed on pen  ???

Dive.  Flew and then kicked Coates for good measure.  Bit silly like since Coates was committed to a challenge and the ball was past him and he would have been easily avoided if Luiz really wanted to. 

Twat should have been sent off for that cheeky dig at Carroll at the end as well.  Cynical but cleverly disguised foul.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1953 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:25 pm »
How much did Chelsea pay for Lukaku?

£18m I think but he is only 18 so lets not go calling him shit yet.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1954 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:28 pm »
Wish our internet hard-men would take a leaf out of the Travelling Kop and their support for Andy after the penalty.

Well said.

We've been very solid at the back. Henderson hasn't gotten into it as much as you'd hope.
Spearings been solid and Lucas is just boss as ever breaking up play.

Villas Boas must be disappointed, they've hardly threatened Pepe's goal and we probably should be ahead.

I had a feeling it wouldn't go in for Andy, gutted for him.

For all the negative twats, note how hard he's worked defensively, cleared a corner and keeps tracking back for us.

I have a feeling Suarez will make an appearance with around 20 or 15 mins left and create a chance for him.

Disappointing game overall as a contest, Ramires will help steady their midfield but I think we have enough quality to take the game to them
second half and go and win it.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1955 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:37 pm »
Luiz has been very physical with Carroll tonight.  Hopefully Andy will channel his frustrations so far into goals in the second half.

Couldn't believe that tackle by Lukaku.  Should've been a straight red.  Hope Jordan will be ok to continue.

King Kenny.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1956 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:40 pm »
Carroll snatched the ball off Turnbull and was clearly dying to take it. He wanted to take the one against West Brom too.

Did he take pens at Newcastle? Can't for the life of me understand why one of the older players didn't intervene otherwise. Hopefully Kenny just reminds him he's doing the basics well, keep his head up, they'll start going in.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Brentieke

• Vote King Hendo. Beaker's panic gif was modelled on his coupon. A seer & visionary - he saw how shite we are.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1957 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:43 pm »
Shows how pedestrian and lacking in imagination our attacking play is without Luis in my opinion.

Just like the europa league games last season when he was suspended. Very little guile, creativity and goal threat.

The best thing about the wee man as Kenny calls him is that he brings the best out of the players around him. He elevates players. Tonight, Maxi and Bellamy look half the players they are when Suarez is on the pitch.
My blog on Corruption in English Football and LFC Analysis.

http://diminbeirut.typepad.com/my-blog/

https://twitter.com/DimmyBad

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:52 pm »
why dont mods weed out the 1 or 2 bellends, instead of locking the whole thread?

anyway, renties look there for the taking..

To be fair, it's alot more than one or two, would do my head in trying to moderate that shite.

Offline rafasredangel

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!
« Reply #1959 on: November 29, 2011, 08:48:55 pm »
Lucas is Boss!

We're the better team - let's hope we can turn that into a win.

And watching Bellamy during the minutes applause was so sad! RIP Speed!
Andrew Miller MP on the S*n 'What gave them the right to publish such disgusting filth when people had died?' YNWA JFT96
Thatcher's Mind=Managed decline