Author Topic: 'Retard' 'Spastic' or 'Spaz' used as an insult  (Read 14983 times)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
'Retard' 'Spastic' or 'Spaz' used as an insult
« on: February 22, 2014, 09:18:08 pm »
Please note. Anyone using the word Retard, Spastic or Spaz in any context beyond the correct medical term will result in a swift kick to the warnings or a short ban and repeated use will result in a ban. Thanking you.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:08:01 am by The 5th Benitle »
Yep.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
Re: 'Spastic' or 'Spaz' used as an insult
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 09:28:08 pm »
Not disagreeing, but what about similar terms? I'm thinking "retarded" in particular.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 09:31:02 pm »
There's already a warning for that in place but recently there's been a spate of using those terms and we're clamping down on it.
Yep.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 09:32:39 pm »
There's already a warning for that in place but recently there's been a spate of using those terms and we're clamping down on it.

Excellent, cheers mate.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Pheeny

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 10:00:46 pm »
Firstly I know something awful was asking a general question but lets not start a "what about" type thread here use your common sense.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 11:44:58 pm »
Good.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 12:21:09 am »
Not disagreeing, but what about similar terms? I'm thinking "retarded" in particular.
Recently I've had to delete a number of posts containing that word used as a general insult and it's not something that is acceptable on the site and we want to make that clear to posters.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #7 on: April 2, 2014, 10:36:13 pm »
Recently I've had to delete a number of posts containing that word used as a general insult and it's not something that is acceptable on the site and we want to make that clear to posters.

And it seems people still don't get it.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline AirConGipsyRed

• The Floater in Camerons Toilet.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: 'Retard' 'Spastic' or 'Spaz' used as an insult
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2014, 02:49:17 am »
I should come in this board more often.

I hadn't realised that you had put this thread up. Shame on me.

Thank you mods.
The wheels on my house go round and round, round and round..........

"I don't care about pollution, I'm an Air-Conditioned Gipsy, That's my solution, Watch the police and the tax man miss me, I'm mobile"

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #9 on: October 6, 2014, 01:21:17 pm »
Any chance we add Braindead as a description of anybody.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2015, 10:17:51 am »
So moron and idiot are banned as well going by that logic?
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2015, 10:35:22 am »
So moron and idiot are banned as well going by that logic?
No, because words change meaning subtly or not so subtly in time and social context.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2015, 12:21:19 pm »
No, because words change meaning subtly or not so subtly in time and social context.
Yeah I agree. Banning those would be a little pedantic.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 10:04:50 pm »
When do the kids go back to school?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 10:40:30 pm »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 11:36:16 pm »
When do the kids go back to school?
Probably just around the same time as the morons and idiots.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2015, 01:14:10 am »
Hey now, my kid that is in school is more articulate and polite then some of these windbags.  :wave
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2015, 01:16:29 am »
As long as - biff, quilt, ted, nob, nob-head, cock, cock-head, ye ma while ye da watches, nuggett, gonk, joey, manc, shitehawk, gobshite, wool, wank stain and blert (to name but a few) are still fair game, then I'm in.   

Is that OK Jim, ye queg?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2015, 11:14:57 am »
Well 2 of those terms I don't think should be allowed to be used on here.

joey, if I understand correctly, derives from Joey Deacon who suffered from cerebral palsy, which should put it in the same category as using the term spastic.

queg has been traditionaly used as a derogatory term for gay people
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2015, 11:18:36 am »
Another, Bellend.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 11:40:56 am »
I agree that 'Joey' is one we should best steer clear of, although it's probably only people of my generation who get why. I thank eg for the correct association (I remember watching the actual programme on I think C4 in the 80s, followed by all the puerile imitations at school for the next 'x' years, including the cruel arm flapping posture - it wasn't clever then and it's not now) and I meant to write something about it last night but I was smashed :wave [/size]. As for queg, it doesn't insult me personally (CHOPPER yer a massive fuckmuffin ;D ) but I will let people more qualified than I to make a judgement call on that one.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 11:51:56 am »
Joey Deacon reached the playground via Blue Peter.

Quilt is contentious for some of our users too.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 11:57:36 am »
I imagine RAWK will always contain one person who is offended by one word and we can't eradicate them all so, as usual, we'll make a policy decision, the members will point out the inherent hypocrisy and flaws and loopholes in it; some if us will try to explain and defend the decision and some will be placated and someone will say the mods are volunteers so fuck you all, and we'll all move on like a gentle steamship from a bygone age.
Yep.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 12:06:13 pm »
Joey Deacon reached the playground via Blue Peter.
Really? Shit. I watched Blue Peter in the 80s? Did I have no shame?! I do however remember Musical Youth's appearance with "Pass The Duchy" - which has so many meanings and they all make me laugh given how they were shown off as a charming example of youthful musical energy and vibe ;)

Offline SP

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 12:43:31 pm »
Bunch of fucking pricks on here.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 02:02:09 pm »
With all this Joey Deacon and Blue Peter talk the question at large is.....

Can we still listen to Deacon Blues?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ck1N1I-LzWc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ck1N1I-LzWc</a>

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 02:18:43 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ck1N1I-LzWc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ck1N1I-LzWc</a>
Only if you are a . . . .  ?

Macca will be along shortly to fill in the missing word    :)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 04:20:29 pm »
Only if you are a . . . .  ?

Macca will be along shortly to fill in the missing word    :)

...fan of fantastic jazz rock with exceptionally well-produced records?

...or just a fan of bands named after strap-on dildos?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 07:11:59 pm »
Swear words are the last retreat of an uneducated mind. Although I must admit a well chosen one can sometimes add a bit of 'juice' to a retort.

Much better is a carefully crafted withering response that leaves the recipient in no doubt.
And one the mods can't touch. ;)

Personally, I couldn't give a rats arse what anyone choses to call me.

It's the internet.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2015, 08:32:55 pm »
Swear words are the last retreat of an uneducated mind. Although I must admit a well chosen one can sometimes add a bit of 'juice' to a retort.

Much better is a carefully crafted withering response that leaves the recipient in no doubt.
And one the mods can't touch. ;)

Personally, I couldn't give a rats arse what anyone choses to call me.

It's the internet.

The piss flap is right, stop being fanny farts.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2015, 08:55:39 pm »
The piss flap is right, stop being fanny farts.
Do one knobhead and get back to ye Dominican cocktail ye friggin.......

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2015, 09:15:50 pm »
Birra self control, J....we both know what happened last time la. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2015, 11:12:46 pm »
You've oh-ffected my sensitivity bubble you. Am tellin

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2015, 01:43:39 pm »

I know it's wrong but I really enjoyed that... [emoji6]

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2015, 08:25:27 pm »
What's wrong about enjoying jazz rock?

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #36 on: September 1, 2015, 11:52:53 am »
After Ann Coulter referred to President Obama as a “retard” in a tweet during Monday night’s presidential debate, Special Olympics athlete and global messenger John Franklin Stephens penned her this open letter:
Dear Ann Coulter, Come on Ms. Coulter, you aren’t dumb and you aren’t shallow. So why are you continually using a word like the R-word as an insult? I’m a 30 year old man with Down syndrome who has struggled with the public’s perception that an intellectual disability means that I am dumb and shallow. I am not either of those things, but I do process information more slowly than the rest of you. In fact it has taken me all day to figure out how to respond to your use of the R-word last night. I thought first of asking whether you meant to describe the President as someone who was bullied as a child by people like you, but rose above it to find a way to succeed in life as many of my fellow Special Olympians have. Then I wondered if you meant to describe him as someone who has to struggle to be thoughtful about everything he says, as everyone else races from one snarkey sound bite to the next. Finally, I wondered if you meant to degrade him as someone who is likely to receive bad health care, live in low grade housing with very little income and still manages to see life as a wonderful gift. Because, Ms. Coulter, that is who we are – and much, much more. After I saw your tweet, I realized you just wanted to belittle the President by linking him to people like me. You assumed that people would understand and accept that being linked to someone like me is an insult and you assumed you could get away with it and still appear on TV. I have to wonder if you considered other hateful words but recoiled from the backlash. Well, Ms. Coulter, you, and society, need to learn that being compared to people like me should be considered a badge of honor. No one overcomes more than we do and still loves life so much. Come join us someday at Special Olympics. See if you can walk away with your heart unchanged.

A friend you haven’t made yet,
John Franklin Stephens
Global Messenger Special Olympics Virginia

Offline skerriesred

• Main Stander
  • Devuelvemela pelota.
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2015, 08:18:12 pm »
I know it's wrong but I really enjoyed that... [emoji6]
Nothing wrong with enjoying that ... check out their album Aja on the Sky classic albums box set series. Serious production.
" Never make a decision until you have to, because often they are made for you"
Bill Shankly

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2015, 09:41:31 am »
Nothing wrong with enjoying that ... check out their album Aja on the Sky classic albums box set series. Serious production.
Lol I remember as a kid waiting at the record shop in town to open so I could get Aja when it came out. [emoji1]