Author Topic: Why the Star Wars prequel trilogy was better than the original  (Read 11209 times)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
Why the Star Wars prequel trilogy was better than the original
« on: February 12, 2012, 04:11:20 am »
Why the Star Wars prequel trilogy was better than the original.     

It verges on cinematic treason to suggest that the "Star Wars" prequel trilogy is in any way superior to the original trilogy. However, history has proved that treasonous behavior is just as often necessary to stimulate progressive revolution as it is to endow malevolent forces with unrestricted authority necessary to obstruct basic human rights. So here goes: the first three episodes in the saga of Anakin Skywalker are deeper, better structured, and more politically astute than the final three. Not only is that why the prequel is superior, it is also a pretty decent elucidation of the original trilogy's greater popularity.

That the "Star Wars" trilogy embraced by American moviegoers is the one that presents a far less complex universe is not incidental to the rabid rebuke of the prequel. "A New Hope," "The Empire Strikes Back," and "Return of the Jedi" reflect the Cold War milieu in which they were created, offering up a comforting us-vs.-them story told in bold strokes lacking nuance, complexity, or intellectual ambiguity. That isn't to say that times have changed much; with the exception of "The Phantom Menace," the second and third installments of the prequel were released to an America that had embraced absolute views even more so than the original trilogy.

The difference is that the original trilogy appealed directly to the simplistic moral perspective of an America above reproach and always on the side of right in global geopolitics, whereas the much more subversive prequel trilogy stands in defiant counterpoint to the much more dangerously simplistic moral absolutism of the Age of Bush.

The original trilogy holds a special place in the bosom of American moviegoers precisely because we view ourselves comfortably in place of the Rebels. Americans revel in their historical construct as rebellious underdogs constantly at war against an easily identified and unquestionably evil empire. Hence, the reason most Americans love the original trilogy has much to do with placement of ourselves in the role of the inheritors of the mantle of the Jedi.

The problem is that the post-9/11 world meant Americans also were forced to identify themselves with the Jedi in the prequel trilogy as well, and we don't like the face we see in the mirror. Let's face it, the Jedi don't exactly come off too swell in the prequel. This time around they are the guys in charge, and it is painful to watch them screw it up, especially when the way they hand over the keys to the Empire is so eerily familiar to a historical era defined by words like "signing statements" and "Patriot Act."

Just in case you didn't notice in your rush to castigate Jar-Jar Binks and complain about the wooden dialogue of the prequel, the peaceful Galactic Republic in place at the beginning of "The Phantom Menace" doesn't turn into the dark empire in place at the beginning of "A New Hope" due to an invasion by a foreign element. The Republic falls as a result of due democratic process, albeit due democratic process that is manipulated through lies and deception. Again, sound familiar?

Watching the "Stars Wars" prequel trilogy is like the most entertaining lesson in civics ever given -- specifically the way it reveals how even a republic peopled by representative leaders with the best of intentions can make decisions that result in disastrous policies, accompanied by devastation and the crumbling of great ideas. Yoda's observations about anger, hate, fear, and suffering are not said lightly; they may be the most prescient words spoken by a movie character in recent memory.

Not much less important is another quote associated with "The Phantom Menace," a quote that hasn't proved anywhere near as memorable as Yoda's but nonetheless plays a huge part in the events that will follow. Chances are you don't even remember these words of Darth Maul: "Fear is my ally." One can well imagine that slogan scrawled across the office walls of men like Scooter Libby and tattooed across the back of Dick Cheney.

Nowhere in the original "Star Wars" trilogy is there any sequence of events nearly as profound in their application to real life as Palpatine's manipulative orchestration of the separatist movement "headed" by Count Dooku. Palpatine's nefarious scripting of events allows him to go before the senate and ask for special "emergency powers" to deal with the growing threat facing the peace of the republic. Perhaps if Americans had embraced the prequel in the way they did the original "Star Wars" trilogy, they would recognize the danger when an elected member of a representative republic asks for "emergency powers" to combat a threat.

Palpatine's actions in the prequel are positively Machiavellian, and his evil in those first three movies is far more chilling than his appearances as the emperor in the original trilogy. In those movies, Palpatine is so far removed from us we can only approach him from the perspective of a Hitler. We must always remember that Hitler didn't ascend to dictator by using tanks, but the ballot box.

Just as Palpatine is far more chilling as a politician abusing the system than he is as an emperor in comprehensively malevolent control, so is Anakin Skywalker far more chilling as a powerless pawn than he is as powerful Darth Vader. No more alarming scene exists in the entire "Star Wars" canon than the political conversation that takes place in "Attack of the Clones" between Anakin and Amidala when the boy-who-would-be Vader suggests the system is broken and needs to be replaced with something where one person in charge has the power to enforce laws he feels are for the good of the people. Amidala replies, rightfully, that what Anakin is talking about sounds like a dictatorship. And then these all-too-familiar words from Anakin: "Well, if it works."

Anakin's justification that if authoritarian control works in keeping us safe was being repeated on a daily basis by those in charge at the very time the scene was being projected onto multiplex screens around the world. Too many Anakin Skywalkers existed then and, amazingly, exist right now in this country who are far too eager to give up hard-earned civil rights for the illusion of security. And it is the very fact that one can write about Anakin without calling him either evil or good that elevates the prequel above the original. Try naming a single character in the original trilogy that can attain such an authentic level of ambiguity.

There is absolutely no element or character in the original trilogy that isn't delineated in stark black and white terms. Episodes IV through VI tell a much happier story, one that is consistent with the birth of the American democracy through acts of rebellion by a ragtag group of people who held the moral high ground. Episodes I through III, by contrast, tell a much less happy story about how a democracy can come to an end -- not at the hands of foreign interlopers, but directly through the democratic process itself. More people may prefer the original "Star Wars" trilogy, but there is no question that the prequel is a more challenging, illuminating, and superior work of art.

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/why-star-wars-prequels-better-original-trilogy-160300514.html
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 04:14:40 am by Malaysian Kopite »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
Re: Why the Star Wars prequel trilogy was better than the original
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 04:27:48 am »
The short version; I'll spout total bollocks to get page hits. And it will work.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 04:32:38 am »
Interesting idea, could be said to be true in some ways, they are a much more sophisticated set of films than they are given credit for, particularly in relation to the original, but I dont think it was at all intentional on Lucas' part, I think he would of been more overt, like a sledgehamer, if he was trying put across such ideas. Wasnt at all bothered to hear he was retiring.

On a related note, there is a docu out there called The People v's George Lucas, well worth a look for Star Wars fans.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 04:34:50 am »
one character Jar Jar binks...

make what you think of it!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Yabazza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 04:53:44 am »
Yahoo.  The people that employ Paul fucking Parker as a football writer.

On a related note, there is a docu out there called The People v's George Lucas, well worth a look for Star Wars fans.

Yea I actually saw the guy that directed that film interviewed on Redlettermedia.  Been meaning to acquire that for a while. 
May contain irony.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 06:29:37 am »
The writer seems mightily pleased with himself for spotting a clumsily executed allegory that I think was missed on few to begin with. So pleased with his discovery that he reckons that the prequel trilogy is the most entertaining civics lesson ever given. All right then.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 06:38:41 am »
The OP doesn't make a case for them being better films. I was going to respond in detail but what's the point? They aren't... and err... that's it.

Wooden acting, shite dialogue, dismal pacing and unbelievable storylines. And finally, Jar-jar fucking Binks.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2012, 09:36:21 am »
The short version; I'll spout total bollocks to get page hits. And it will work.

;D

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Online CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 10:25:43 am »
It's like saying Jaws 4 with  Michael "Not a lot of people know that" Caine in, was better than the original Jaws.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Not Bob

• RAWK Factor Winner 2012 - it's a rap, folks!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 11:00:22 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ezeYJUz-84

Best version of the best film ever.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 03:12:35 pm »
The fact that Han Solo isn't in the prequels instantly makes them inferior.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2012, 04:54:58 pm »
And it is the very fact that one can write about Anakin without calling him either evil or good that elevates the prequel above the original. Try naming a single character in the original trilogy that can attain such an authentic level of ambiguity.

Charisma.

Every single fuckin one of them. Every single one.
"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2012, 05:16:48 pm »
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2012, 06:32:02 pm »
The prequel trilogy failed for one simple reason. They were boring as fuck.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2012, 07:39:58 pm »
Remember at the time I quite enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd ones (I was a geeky teen mind).

Phantom Menace is utter shite and not better than any film. Nevermind the original trilogy.

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2012, 01:56:48 am »
http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-1-the-phantom-menace/

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-ii-attack-of-the-clones/

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/star-wars-episode-iii-revenge-of-the-sith/

If after watching those you find any sort of capacity to agree with the opening post, I suggest you get your CV down to Skywalker Ranch as soon as possible.

I haven't listen to this yet but he just released a full commentary track for Phantom Menace the other day: http://redlettermedia.com/phantom-phriday-mr-plinketts-phantom-menace-commentary-track/

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2012, 04:12:04 am »
Remember at the time I quite enjoyed the 2nd and 3rd ones (I was a geeky teen mind).

Phantom Menace is utter shite and not better than any film. Nevermind the original trilogy.
The second one was utter crap for me. Liked the first one much better.

Offline sparkiemark73

• Legacy Fan
  • Hairway to Steven
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2012, 03:44:26 pm »
The second one was utter crap for me. Liked the first one much better.

What was good about the first one then? Not clear if you support your cut and paste OP or not.
"Here's Dalglish...........Oh and a goal!!"
PSN - sparkness08

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2012, 03:55:14 pm »
I liked em. You are all just miserable.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2012, 04:27:07 pm »
I loved the star wars films when they came out in the early 80's and when I first saw Phantom menace I honestly thought it was the longest drawn out piece of shite I had ever seen (didnt help that I was pissed in the cinema). I decided from that moment I wouldn't watch any of the others. But recently I watched the 2nd instalment and though its not a patch on the earlier 3 its not a bad film. However I love revenge of the sith. I might even go as far as to say its the one I could easily watch again out of all of them. Maybe its when anakin goes and kills a load of younglings or tries to kill padme, I am not sure but I its a good film without any Ewok love in. Ewan obviously doesn't give his greatest performance but once you see past all of that it is an entertaining film. Maybe initially I had a perception the originals could not be bettered and I took that view with me when watching Phantom menace for the first time.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2012, 04:29:19 pm »
No mate, it's just shite.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2012, 04:45:24 pm »
I liked em. You are all just miserable.

When I watched them for the first time, I thought I was paying to see an extended advert for merchandise. For instance the pod race was tedious. It just felt like it was included to justify the accompanying video game. Star Wars is a cynical money making exercise.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2012, 05:27:19 pm »
When I watched them for the first time, I thought I was paying to see an extended advert for merchandise. For instance the pod race was tedious. It just felt like it was included to justify the accompanying video game. Star Wars is a cynical money making exercise.

Saw it in the piccies and have seen it many times since.

But the 3D really makes the film. Not only was the 3D spot on and brought real life to it - it gets your little braincells bouncing up and down with glee thinking of the next two and then..

Wow!

The next three. Imagine the three original films in the pictures. In 3D. Fucking hell. I'll explode.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2012, 05:47:19 pm »
no movie in which I wanted to punch anakin and tear my eyes out at the sight of jar jar binks will ever be better than any of the first ones. Utter utter bullshit and tripe of the highest order. Money making scheme from start to finish with the prequel. Utter bollocks.

Offline Rusty Oysterburger

• Might be George Gillett
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why the Star Wars prequel trilogy was better than the original
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2012, 09:46:35 pm »
What do you reckon the kids like best about the Phantom Menace; the fascinating discussions on taxes and tariffs or the thrilling senate meetings? I can't choose between them myself...
www.twitter.com/savagefletch

"'Do it?' Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago."

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2012, 01:34:32 am »
What was good about the first one then? Not clear if you support your cut and paste OP or not.
I cut and pasted it because its the second such article I've read this week. As for the first one, I don't particularly like it although I found it much better than the the second one which bored the hell out of me( The only star wars movie that has). The villain (Dooku) was extremely boring as well, especially compared to Darth Maul. I don't get the hate for Jar-Jar though, sure he's annoying but he's just a dumb mini character. I was far more annoyed at young Anakin and plastic Obi- Wan.

Offline BostonScouse

• grumbles more after a win - clueless muppet or diamond fella?
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2012, 01:49:14 am »
the 3 prequel films were money grab abortions that aren't fit to share the same name as 4, 5 and 6. This isn't really a matter of subjectivity either, they were inferior by any objective criteria you can think of. Shoe-horning in terrible cgi with outrageously bad acting and dialog in a storyline that was clearly being made up as it was going along, yay for Mcfilmmaking. Forget mentioning them in the same sentence as the originals, if you even thought they were mildly good you are just a sucker consumer with a low IQ. Part of me thinks it's just the contrarian attention-seeking impulse that some people have that they would advocate for them but deep down I actually do fear that there are people out there that feel the same way as the OP.

I'm choosing to put my fingers in my ears and hum
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 01:52:22 am by BostonScouse »

Offline BostonScouse

• Kopite
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2012, 01:49:56 am »
What do you reckon the kids like best about the Phantom Menace; the fascinating discussions on taxes and tariffs or the thrilling senate meetings? I can't choose between them myself...

DOUBLE LIGHT SABER!!!

Offline BostonScouse

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2012, 01:51:00 am »
this thread has ruined my night

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2012, 09:17:32 am »
The next three. Imagine the three original films in the pictures. In 3D. Fucking hell. I'll explode.

If George Lucas converted them to 3D, they would not be the same films. They would have his "additions". A straight conversion of the original cinematic print complete with a little ambiguity would be good. Lucas would never make that though. Who will he get to say Noooooooooooooooooooooo next?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2012, 12:03:20 pm »
If George Lucas converted them to 3D, they would not be the same films. They would have his "additions". A straight conversion of the original cinematic print complete with a little ambiguity would be good. Lucas would never make that though. Who will he get to say Noooooooooooooooooooooo next?

I liked the additions he did to the original three.

Why not add to something that's yours? You can still get the original unmodfieid versions - if you don't like the new stuff or 3D or whatever then watch the originals. Everybody wins.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2012, 12:47:46 pm »

3D is just a shite gimmick and I don't see how it would add anything to the original trilogy.

You know I'd actually pay to go and watch the original* trilogy at the cinema. I've never had the chance to see them on the big screen, but I won't pay to go and watch Lucas rape the franchise for everything it's worth right in front of my very eyes.

*I bold original becasue I mean that I don't want all the stupid stuff tha has been added over the years, the stupid extra scenes and extra CGI shit. Just the original release of the films.

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2012, 01:00:36 pm »
I think the OP had a point - they are more structured and have more meaning.

The only problem is that the acting and dialogue was so bad that message gets lost.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline rusty-la

• Ch ch ch ch ch ch changes. Warning! Time-waster! Ironically, can't fucking count to save his life. And thinks BBC is Channel 4.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thin Strawberry Duke
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2012, 01:08:20 pm »
one character Jar Jar binks...

make what you think of it!

He could be Rio Ferdinands albino twin, some say.  Separated at birth?

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 01:24:17 pm »
The prequel trilogy: about 20 minutes of good action (Yoda, Pod race, Darth Maul) and 5 hours 40 minutes of bilge.

90% of it is backstory. And backstory is backstory because it is not as interesting as the main story. I could care less as Lucas has had plenty of money from me during my life but If was him back in 1996 when he was planning his new trilogy he should have considered bringing in other directors like David Fincher or Frank Darabont to work on the movies.

End of the day, story is king, you can have a 4D Boba Fett pleasuring Halle Berry in a Princess Leah outfit and that would still be true.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2012, 01:59:37 pm »

The Pod Racer scene was added because of a line in the original film, Obi-Wan mentions to Luke that the 1st time he met his father he was already a great pilot. This is one of the main problems with the prequels, showing things that have already been told to the audience.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2012, 02:06:37 pm »
The three prequels are arguably up there with the greatest waste of money and human resources there has ever been. Almost. I mean, they are just utter, utter bollocks.