Author Topic: RAWK match Preview Liverpool v Watford Sun May 8th k.o.16:00  (Read 21062 times)

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool vs Watford
Sunday May 8th
16:00pm

vs       

Well depending on when you read this, we'll either be in a European Final or we'll be feeling like the players performed v Swansea. So I'll hang off with any emotional comments on the past and potential near future and merely point out that the last time we played these at home in a PL game was 2006 with the 2-0 scoreline provided by Msser's C.Bellamy and X. Alonso. Alonso eh, what would we give to have him still playing especially now the two rumbling powerhouses of Henderson and Can aren't available. I do miss a silky soccer skilled proper midfielder at Liverpool, like Jari, Xabi and anyone else who's first name ends in an 'i' usually.(Igori Biscan anyone?)

Any (Vicarage) road, last time we played them it was shiter than a trip to Wales last weekend, 3-0 down, Bogdan bogged down, Skrtel off with injury and Liverpool's worst defeat to a newly promoted side since Newcastle in '93. But Jurgen has been in charge a bit longer now and I absolutely believe that irrespective of Thursday night's result, we'll be more up for this than we were last Sunday. If we win on Thurs, we'll be bouncing, if we lose we should have something to prove and I'm not entirely sure 4th spot isn't utterly out of who am I kidding it clearly is fuck it I've got no idea who'll turn up.

Watford's boss Flores' has steadied his side and has managed to ensure Premiership safety which is the main priority for a promoted side unless its to actually win the league. Still, they play well, fast and hard and are always a tricky side to play against, mainly because they get 'up' for games against teams like us and still have that Championship physicality to their team.

Still they've only won twice in the last 11 PL games and of course lost to Crystal Palace in the FA Cup semi's. But they did beat the real Villa this week 3-2, lets hope we can do one better with Villareal (worth doing come on be fair)

Ighalo has scored 16 this season and Deeny 13, not a bad return, comparing with Coutinho's 12 and Sturridge's 11 respectively, and I really don't have much more to say because its not about this game this week, its about scoring a few against Villareal.

It will be our penultimate game at Anfield this season in the PL, the last coming against Chelsea on the 11th, so lets hope we can still put a few past them and put to bed the bad memories of the December away game.
« Last Edit: May 2, 2016, 11:49:12 am by Hinesy »
Yep.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: RAWK match Preview Liverpool v Watford Sun May 8th k.o.16:00
« Reply #1 on: May 2, 2016, 10:13:47 pm »
Bump and congrats to Leicester
Yep.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: May 3, 2016, 12:01:49 am »
League wise, we are both on our holidays. Pointless match with hopefully some of the fringe players looking to putting in some good performances.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #3 on: May 3, 2016, 12:50:19 am »
League wise, we are both on our holidays. Pointless match with hopefully some of the fringe players looking to putting in some good performances.

???

Currently a point behind the team in last europa spot with a game in hand
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 3, 2016, 02:04:14 am »
Please play a strong team so we don't have another Swansea game.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #5 on: May 3, 2016, 03:36:45 am »
Brilliant news for Leicester and Football.

Leicester in the Champions League will be great to see, and hopefully we will be there too.

If we are in the final an under strength side could struggle against Watford, Skrtel will be having nightmares after his nightmare performance at Vickerage Road.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 3, 2016, 03:14:50 pm »

Leicester in the Champions League will be great to see

:lmao

No it won't
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #7 on: May 5, 2016, 04:41:22 am »
This has to be a wind up 😂😂😂

On a serious note congrats Leicester. Worthy champions.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #8 on: May 6, 2016, 02:14:04 pm »
We'll see a number of changes for this game but hopefully we can grab the 3 points. 2 home games in 4 days and 2 wins might be enough to get 7th and hopefully secure (at least) Europa League football for 2016-17.

I expect to see something like the following:

Ward

Randall
Skrtel
Lucas
Smith

Allen
Stewart
Chirivella

Ojo
Benteke
Ibe

Think we'll see an XI looking more like first choice for Chelsea. Mainly due to the schedule but also because it's Chelsea and the last home game of the season.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 6, 2016, 02:17:40 pm »
We'll see a number of changes for this game but hopefully we can grab the 3 points. 2 home games in 4 days and 2 wins might be enough to get 7th and hopefully secure (at least) Europa League football for 2016-17.

Ward

Randall
Skrtel
Lucas
Smith

Allen
Stewart
Chirivella

Ojo
Benteke
Ibe

Think we'll see an XI looking more like first choice for Chelsea. Mainly due to the schedule but also because it's Chelsea and the last home game of the season.

Yeah, completely changed side for this one, full 11 for Chelsea, then completely changed side for the match against West Brom so we have a fully fit and rested team for the final. 

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #10 on: May 6, 2016, 02:19:00 pm »
Wrap our key players in cotton wool please
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #11 on: May 6, 2016, 02:20:51 pm »

Ward

Randall
Skrtel
Lucas
Smith

Allen
Stewart
Chirivella

Ojo
Benteke
Ibe

Smith will be suspended after his red card against Swansea.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #12 on: May 6, 2016, 02:22:22 pm »
What are the U21's doing that day?

Online Bincey

• Legacy Fan
  • Is that Joe Pasquale? In the garden?
« Reply #13 on: May 6, 2016, 02:36:52 pm »
What are the U21's doing that day?

Nowt but playing tonight V Man City so I guess those that don't start tonight may well be in the squad on Sun.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #14 on: May 6, 2016, 02:39:09 pm »

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #15 on: May 6, 2016, 02:43:05 pm »
Come on Redmen!
After the Lord Mayors show but a good chance for some of the younger squad members to show what they can do at Anfield. Would expect Allen & Benteke to start. Watford seem to have gone to shit recently but will be up after a late recovery against Villa. We need to watch their forwards as they are dangerous.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Yerolo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: May 7, 2016, 02:36:27 am »
I hope Jurgen plays the U-21s and fringe players for all the remaining league games...the only thing that matters is that Europa final now. We should not risk any first team players until then. Sure we can still qualify for next seasons Europa via league placings which would be insurance for European football if we were to lose the final....but this is a great opportunity for the youngins to get more games under their belts.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #17 on: May 7, 2016, 05:41:09 am »

Ward

Randall
Skrtel
Lucas
Smith

Allen
Stewart
Chirivella

Ojo
Benteke
Ibe

While I agree with that logic so that we have essentially one more game with the first XI, I'm a bit worried about Chelsea and some of their snide and cynical tactics trying to rough us or hurt us, especially Costa. It only takes 1 player to do it as we saw against Everton.

I don't think Watford are that kind of team. I still expect the B team against them though just because of the intensity of the game on Thursday.
YWNA

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 7, 2016, 08:30:33 am »
We can't rest all our players until the final, that would be crazy. They need to stay match sharp.

I would rest everyone for Sunday, then play the same starting 11 against Chelsea as would be expected to play against Sevilla. Then rest everyone for the last game of the season against West Brom.

Luckily for us, Watford appear to have switched off weeks ago and are playing like they are already on their holidays. They even conceded twice to Aston Villa and were two minutes away from losing. We should beat them regardless of who plays.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #19 on: May 7, 2016, 08:54:11 am »
I hope Jurgen plays the U-21s and fringe players for all the remaining league games...the only thing that matters is that Europa final now. We should not risk any first team players until then. Sure we can still qualify for next seasons Europa via league placings which would be insurance for European football if we were to lose the final....but this is a great opportunity for the youngins to get more games under their belts.
No, you can't do that, the players need to be match sharp....

Give them today off, that will give them a good rest...

Then play them against Chelsea and rest them against west Brom
« Last Edit: May 7, 2016, 08:57:09 am by Tepid water »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Redman78

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 7, 2016, 09:06:00 am »
Lee Mason is the ref for this one.. just when you had forgotten he existed  :butt

Think we should rest as many players as possible here.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 7, 2016, 09:19:19 am »
I wouldn't play that same midfield like we did against Swansea. Now with Can back we was able to have Allen and Lucas on the bench on Thursday so they should be okay to come in. Wholesale changes from thursday but stronger in centre mid than Swansea. I'd go...

Ward
     Randall.   Skrtel.    Caulker.    Flanno

Lucas. Allen
       Ibe                                               Ojo
                        Brannagan
                               Benteke

Bench: Mignolet, Lovren, Moreno, Milner, Lallana, Firmino, Sturridge

Basically Ojo and Ibe get down the wings, put the ball on Benteke's fod. Lucas and Allen recycle it, cut stuff out. Brannagan finds Ojo and Ibe outwide, Any knockdowns from Benteke fall to Brannagan and he smashes it in for his first goal!

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #22 on: May 7, 2016, 09:20:55 am »
No point risking any injuries for the final. Would play benteke and 2nd string to see if any of those could fight for a starting place in the final.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 7, 2016, 10:11:28 am »
We could do with the 3 points here though and on Wednesday.

We want to get 7th so we are in Europe if United beat Palace (as they will) whether or not we beat Sevilla.

I'd expect a lot of changes with Skrtel/Lucas/Allen/Benteke/Ojo all to start.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 2 or 3 of the lads that played on Thursday starting this one to bolster the side though and doing an hour.

I'll go Ward, Randall, Moreno, Lucas, Skrtel, Allen, Stewart, Milner, Ojo, Firmino, Benteke.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: May 7, 2016, 10:19:54 am »
Lovren, Can, Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge should be used very sparingly, if at all, before the final. You can't lose any of those players before it.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #25 on: May 7, 2016, 12:23:09 pm »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #26 on: May 7, 2016, 12:38:28 pm »
Lovren, Can, Coutinho, Firmino and Sturridge should be used very sparingly, if at all, before the final. You can't lose any of those players before it.

And Kolo
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #27 on: May 7, 2016, 12:45:12 pm »
This will be a decent & pretty open game i reckon.

Ward
       Flanno Skrtel Illori Smith
               Lucas Stewart
          Ojo      Allen       Ibe
                   Benteke

The only doubt will probably be Illori,Ighalo's strength may be a factor who plays CB.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: May 7, 2016, 01:09:31 pm »
big match, this

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 7, 2016, 01:14:59 pm »

They need to play before the final, I'd say up to 90 minutes against Chelsea. You can't go 2 weeks without playing and expect to perform at 100% immediately.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 7, 2016, 01:38:59 pm »
This will be a decent & pretty open game i reckon.

Ward
       Flanno Skrtel Illori Smith
               Lucas Stewart
          Ojo      Allen       Ibe
                   Benteke

The only doubt will probably be Illori,Ighalo's strength may be a factor who plays CB.

Smith is banned

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #32 on: May 7, 2016, 01:55:37 pm »
play the squad players vs chelsea, highlight the fact they have NOTHING to play for :).
We can host a friendly against our reserves if we want match sharp.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Alf Garnett!

• widely excepted yet secretly cryptic - cower ye before the mighty crusher of yellow walls. Video Embedder Extraordinaire
  • Legacy Fan
  • *Davo*It don't get better than this.
« Reply #33 on: May 7, 2016, 02:00:08 pm »
Smith is banned

Oops poor oversight from me.

Randall RB & switch Flanno LB.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 8, 2016, 01:52:50 am »
Surely West Ham losing and Man United up next (for them) changes the complexion of things. If Spurs win at home to Southampton, I think we have to field a fairly strong team. Put a bit of pressure on West Ham and see what transpires.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 8, 2016, 01:56:45 am »
Surely West Ham losing and Man United up next (for them) changes the complexion of things. If Spurs win at home to Southampton, I think we have to field a fairly strong team. Put a bit of pressure on West Ham and see what transpires.

The team will be decided before the Spurs game kicks off. The result of that game has the square root of fuck all to do with our line up.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 8, 2016, 02:24:10 am »
team id pick..........

.................................Ward....................................

Randall.......Skrtel.................Illori.................Flannagan

.....................Stewart......Lucas................................

Ojo......................Brannagan................................Ibe

............................Benteke.......................................

Offline Marty McFly

• He is not a number, he's a free man now
  • Legacy Fan
  • Has been busy in parallel dimensions and shit.
« Reply #37 on: May 8, 2016, 03:21:04 am »
team id pick..........

.................................Ward....................................

Randall.......Skrtel.................Illori.................Flannagan

.....................Stewart......Lucas................................

Ojo......................Brannagan................................Ibe

............................Benteke.......................................

Yes please.

I want us to win but only for pride.

No injuries to any first XIs affordable.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 8, 2016, 05:04:20 am »
The team will be decided before the Spurs game kicks off. The result of that game has the square root of fuck all to do with our line up.

In that case, I'd still expect us to go fairly hard at this one. A mixture of our best 11 and some reserves. I'd love to see us tie up a Europa league spot before the final. Klopp would look pretty silly if he fielded reserves for the next three games, we miss out on Europe and then we lose the final. Think about it.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #39 on: May 8, 2016, 08:48:07 am »
In that case, I'd still expect us to go fairly hard at this one. A mixture of our best 11 and some reserves. I'd love to see us tie up a Europa league spot before the final. Klopp would look pretty silly if he fielded reserves for the next three games, we miss out on Europe and then we lose the final. Think about it.

6th is not in our hands, the EL is. The players have already played 59 games this season, the first teamers need a break. We're at home and with Watford's form have to think that we can rotate and still win.

Play a strong side against Chelsea to keep the team match-fit/sharp and try to beat them in our last home game. Then before west brom we can evaluate what we can achieve and whether it's worth risking first team players. We could easily finish 7th if saints lose today, in which case we'll get EL football if Utd win the FA Cup (which would certainly be a silver lining to that deeply unpleasant prospect).

But with tired players and a lack of depth in key areas I just can't see the point of risking players today. If Moreno, Clyne or Lovren get injured, who plays in the final? Flanno is not in the squad for the EL so at LB/RB we'd either have to play Smith/Randall, drop Milner back or shift Kolo. Not ideal. We're already asking a lot of Kolo's legs so he should be rested. Lovren is our only other in form CB. Skrtel has lost it, Lucas is a CM playing out of position and Caulker is poor.

And if Can or Allen got injured, we're down to 3 options for the midfield again. Can made all the difference on Thursday. Keep him rested. Finally if Sturridge gets a knock it's pushing Firmino up (not an awful option but a waste of his best attributes) or usin Benteke (hmm). Not worth it.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2016, 08:55:11 am by JerseyKloppite »