Author Topic: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership  (Read 346609 times)

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
Re: Daniel Agger and Martin Skrtel Partnership
« Reply #1880 on: March 10, 2012, 02:00:51 pm »
If Steven Gerrard represents the heart of the club for the past decade, Carragher has provided the soul. In troubled years, he was a symbol of what Liverpool should stand for.

:thumbup
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Online rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1881 on: March 10, 2012, 02:03:46 pm »
Perhaps not...

Now for Coates to fuck it all up and make me eat my words ;D

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1882 on: March 10, 2012, 02:13:19 pm »
Personally, mate, I'm not too bothered if he puts in a howler or two. It's all a learning curve from here on in and to be honest, given the position on the table we're currently in, it's better he gets a bit of experience now as apposed to the start of next season.

Online rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1883 on: March 10, 2012, 02:18:07 pm »
Personally, mate, I'm not too bothered if he puts in a howler or two. It's all a learning curve from here on in and to be honest, given the position on the table we're currently in, it's better he gets a bit of experience now as apposed to the start of next season.

You know what will happen though, even if he does a Stoke. Everyone in the press, and a lot of people on here will be screaming for Carragher to come back in.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1884 on: March 10, 2012, 02:20:41 pm »
You know what will happen though, even if he does a Stoke. Everyone in the press, and a lot of people on here will be screaming for Carragher to come back in.

But Carra makes mistakes? so mite as well young 21 old some experience and learning from his mistakes.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Online rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1885 on: March 10, 2012, 02:21:55 pm »
But Carra makes mistakes? so mite as well young 21 old some experience and learning from his mistakes.

I agree, Coates doesn't have legendary status and friends in the media though ;)

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1886 on: March 10, 2012, 02:24:22 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/skrtel-we-ll-fight-for-fourth

Really like his attitude. If all the players had his attitude, or Bellamy's, we'd be in a better position than we are now imo.
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1887 on: March 10, 2012, 02:25:47 pm »
I agree, Coates doesn't have legendary status and friends in the media though ;)

Thats true but long as we support him he be fine.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1888 on: March 10, 2012, 02:28:21 pm »
Great article about Carra, but one thing, or 11 actually concern me - if he's on 689 appearances, won't be going all out to get to 700 by the end of this season. Maybe Kenny can get him to train separately, or give guards to the rest of the defence.  ;D ;D ;D
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1889 on: March 10, 2012, 02:29:54 pm »
Looking forward to watching Coates filling in for Agger today.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Online rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1890 on: March 10, 2012, 10:25:12 pm »
Since thisis essentially a thread for the defense, rather than Agger & Skrtel, I'll say it here. It must be fucking annoying and infuriating knowing that you have to keep a clean sheet to get even a point, as the attackers in all likelihood won't be scoring more than 2. A defense is supposed to be the platform which gives the attackers the base on which to score goals and win points. As things stand, its the defense which is winning the too few points while the attack aimlessly meanders around the pitch, and inevitably fucks up when an oppurtunity presents itself

Offline American_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA. JFT96.
« Reply #1891 on: March 11, 2012, 12:01:26 am »
Since thisis essentially a thread for the defense, rather than Agger & Skrtel, I'll say it here. It must be fucking annoying and infuriating knowing that you have to keep a clean sheet to get even a point, as the attackers in all likelihood won't be scoring more than 2. A defense is supposed to be the platform which gives the attackers the base on which to score goals and win points. As things stand, its the defense which is winning the too few points while the attack aimlessly meanders around the pitch, and inevitably fucks up when an oppurtunity presents itself

It doesn't help when the defence always changes because a couple defenders are made of glass. Poor Agger can't go two weeks without breaking something.
YNWA - JFT96. I have an unhealthy obsession with Xabi Alonso. Don't tell my girlfriend.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: March 13, 2012, 10:11:56 pm »
Should mention Carra and Skrtel were boss tonight.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1893 on: March 13, 2012, 10:20:38 pm »
Carra played very well.

Gotta give him his due.

And Skrtel was his usual beast. Im already becoming complacent about it  :D

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1894 on: March 13, 2012, 10:22:28 pm »
Coates or Carra against Stoke ?

Offline Alex7

• Kopite
« Reply #1895 on: March 13, 2012, 10:23:50 pm »
Skrtel was incredible. Carragher consistent. Not sure who to play against Stoke!

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1896 on: March 13, 2012, 10:24:08 pm »
Can we clone Skrtel?  Actually, if we are cloning anyone, best get a couple of Agger clones too, will be useful for the spare-parts ;)
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1897 on: March 13, 2012, 10:24:39 pm »
Carra played very well.

Gotta give him his due.

Think Carra did alright but Coates should have played in his place.  There were a couple of things that didn't cost us tonight but it might not be the same on another night. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline American_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA. JFT96.
« Reply #1898 on: March 13, 2012, 10:25:25 pm »
Can we clone Skrtel?  Actually, if we are cloning anyone, best get a couple of Agger clones too, will be useful for the spare-parts ;)

I was about to say, the boy is made of glass, you may wanna clone him out of something more durable.

YNWA - JFT96. I have an unhealthy obsession with Xabi Alonso. Don't tell my girlfriend.

Offline American_Kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA. JFT96.
« Reply #1899 on: March 13, 2012, 10:26:40 pm »
Credit to Carra, the old man can still play. For me, it's a toss-up between him and Coates for Stoke, but I'd start Carra and switch him for Coates if he can't cope. But nevermind that, everyone did well today and I can't wait to have Agger back in the side along his other half.

Offline ActiveSloth

• Kopite
  • Brendan Rodgers, he shakes his own hand
« Reply #1900 on: March 13, 2012, 10:27:18 pm »
If I could mix two defenders together to produce a beast of a center back it would be Martin Skrtel and Martin Skrtel

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1901 on: March 13, 2012, 10:28:24 pm »
Coates will play against Stoke, Carra was very good today though so credit where it's due.

Srktel still makes me tingle downstairs. Watching him twat Anichebe all night was great.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1902 on: March 13, 2012, 10:28:32 pm »
Thought Skrtel played with a real authority today.  Looks like he's completely grown into the role of Liverpool centre-half.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: March 13, 2012, 10:44:51 pm »
I love Skrtel, he's an absolute nutcase and incredibly good in the air. Looks like a completely different player to last season.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: March 13, 2012, 10:54:32 pm »
Think Carra did alright but Coates should have played in his place.  There were a couple of things that didn't cost us tonight but it might not be the same on another night. 

Carragher did well what he always has, the blocks and sharp tackling. But there was one occasion in the first half that demonstrated his shelf life, when he got caught having to cover Kelly on the turn and fell flat on his face trying to match the Everton player for pace.

Thought Skrtel played with a real authority today.  Looks like he's completely grown into the role of Liverpool centre-half.

Got to be in the top 3 for player of the season, I would have thought.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Stag Beetle

• Main Stander
« Reply #1905 on: March 13, 2012, 10:56:51 pm »
If I could mix two defenders together to produce a beast of a center back it would be Martin Skrtel and Martin Skrtel

Hear hear.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1906 on: March 13, 2012, 11:42:22 pm »
Credit to Carra, the old man can still play. For me, it's a toss-up between him and Coates for Stoke, but I'd start Carra and switch him for Coates if he can't cope. But nevermind that, everyone did well today and I can't wait to have Agger back in the side along his other half.

Against Stoke I'd play Coates for a number of reasons.

1. 6'6 defender up against Crouch
2. He needs the development
3. He's more influencial at set peices both offensively and defensively.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #1907 on: March 14, 2012, 11:39:12 am »
Coates for Stoke, not that Carragher played poorly last night, the game suited him though as we did defend deep at times, and even I loved those 2 proper hardcore hoofs at the end :D
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline stevo747

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1908 on: March 14, 2012, 11:55:09 am »

Got to be in the top 3 for player of the season, I would have thought.

Got to be in the top 1 for me , has been consistantly excellent . is an attacking threat as well , it appears he is 1 of the few who actually attack the ball from corners.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1909 on: March 14, 2012, 12:32:29 pm »
I guarantee Martin Skrtel won't make the PFA Team of the Year thing despite his outstanding performances all year at centre back.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1910 on: March 14, 2012, 12:34:31 pm »
Been better than Agger this season.

On the point about him not making the PFA Team, you're right. It'll be Evans and Kompany or something. But hey, he's been the best CB in the league near enough the entire season yet you hear nothing about it.

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #1911 on: March 14, 2012, 12:38:41 pm »
I guarantee Martin Skrtel won't make the PFA Team of the Year thing despite his outstanding performances all year at centre back.

Yeah its going to be Kompany and Smalling or Jones. Just to show their manc love. Infact I bet this is the team

Hart
Walker Smalling Kompany Evra (Just because hes a 'victim')
Silva  Modric   Parker   Bale
       Rooney Van persie
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:26:27 pm by Quintet »

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1912 on: March 15, 2012, 10:46:35 pm »
Carra played very well.

Gotta give him his due.

Yeah Carragher and Skrtel were both excellent on Tuesday.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1913 on: March 15, 2012, 10:57:28 pm »
Against Stoke I'd play Coates for a number of reasons.

1. 6'6 defender up against Crouch
2. He needs the development
3. He's more influencial at set peices both offensively and defensively.
I just hope we don't play 3 at the back again against this shower. Play our game not theirs.

Front foot and go one in front early and we will win nice and easy. Play Carroll and he is a third centre back for throw ins and set pieces which is all you need to worry about anyway with them.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1914 on: March 15, 2012, 11:21:13 pm »
Yeah its going to be Kompany and Smalling or Jones. Just to show their manc love. Infact I bet this is the team

Hart
Walker Smalling Kompany Evra (Just because hes a 'victim')
Silva  Modric   Parker   Bale
       Rooney Van persie

No Sir Ryan of Giggs?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1915 on: March 15, 2012, 11:39:12 pm »
Been better than Agger this season.

On the point about him not making the PFA Team, you're right. It'll be Evans and Kompany or something. But hey, he's been the best CB in the league near enough the entire season yet you hear nothing about it.

Despite my earlier post about him not making the PFA team, I'm not too bothered about the lack of fanfare for his performances. Just keep playing the same and I'll be mightily happy. Our player of the season.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1916 on: March 16, 2012, 02:07:48 am »
Despite my earlier post about him not making the PFA team, I'm not too bothered about the lack of fanfare for his performances. Just keep playing the same and I'll be mightily happy. Our player of the season.

I've noticed two or three commentators being quite aware of Skrtel's level of performance over the season.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline woof

• Barking up the wrong tree.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1917 on: March 16, 2012, 02:19:20 am »
Coates for Stoke, not that Carragher played poorly last night, the game suited him though as we did defend deep at times, and even I loved those 2 proper hardcore hoofs at the end :D
Agreed. With Agger being injury prone, we need a new partner for Skrtel who has been excellent this season.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1918 on: March 16, 2012, 03:33:52 am »
I just hope we don't play 3 at the back again against this shower. Play our game not theirs.

Front foot and go one in front early and we will win nice and easy. Play Carroll and he is a third centre back for throw ins and set pieces which is all you need to worry about anyway with them.

We won't play 3 at the back, especially after what happened at Anfield earlier this season. I think Kenny will go with Coates over Carra though, and Carroll will start because, like you said, he's clutch for corners and free kicks. And Kelly will most likely play and he's good in the air as well.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1919 on: March 16, 2012, 08:59:33 am »
Skrtel and Coates should play against Stoke.

Skrtel gets his RCB back, and Coates gets to develop as a player. At Anfield too, so he'll be a lot more confident than he was the other game against S'land.

Muhammad Ali