Author Topic: Liverpool vs Plymouth Argyle FA Cup 3rd Rd, Anfield, Sunday 8th January  (Read 19467 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs Plymouth Argyle FA Cup 3rd Rd, Anfield, Sunday 8th January
« Reply #40 on: January 6, 2017, 07:33:00 am »
The third leg of the domestic treble starts here.  :wave

Karius

TAA
Lucas
Klavan
Moreno

Stewart
Can
Ejaria

Woodburn
Origi
Ojo (if fit)

Tricky 2-1 win. Plymouth going well this season.

If you want to predict the team and score on a Game by game basis, join us
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329311.920
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 6, 2017, 08:31:39 am »
Matip & Coutinho aren’t yet ready to return, while Henderson Milner & Sturridge are continuing to have treatment. #lfc (James Pearce)

Joe Gomez could make his long-awaited return to first-team action - 15 months after he last featured against FC Sion. #lfc (James Pearce)

Karius, Moreno, Lucas, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kevin Stewart, Ovie Ejaria, Woodburn & Sheyi Ojo are also in contention. #lfc (James Pearce)

Klopp will turn to those on the fringes of his squad to ensure Plymouth are sent packing and that momentum is maintained. (James Pearce)

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #42 on: January 6, 2017, 08:54:31 am »
Would love to see Gomez and Ojo play some part. The date seems to keep getting pushed back with Matip and Coutinho, really hope they're ready for Old Trafford if not for the League Cup semi.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 6, 2017, 09:10:10 am »
Would love to see Gomez and Ojo play some part. The date seems to keep getting pushed back with Matip and Coutinho, really hope they're ready for Old Trafford if not for the League Cup semi.

Matip said yesterday he's a few days away from returning to training, and I think coutinho is back in training now so should be available soon

Offline LiverpoolKopKings

• "He got to Number One. Then into minus figures. Though nobody could understand why!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • Here's to win it before my expiry date!!!!
« Reply #44 on: January 6, 2017, 10:53:53 am »
If I didn't hate us loosing so much, I would wish us to play the whole under 21 setup and loose, and let the useless c*nts complain we do not respect their fucking cup.
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands
If you're happy and you know it, Klopp your hands

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #45 on: January 6, 2017, 11:14:27 am »
If I didn't hate us loosing so much, I would wish us to play the whole under 21 setup and loose, and let the useless c*nts complain we do not respect their fucking cup.
It would be great to win the FA Cup. All fans love it. I hope we go all the way to Wembley.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #46 on: January 6, 2017, 11:17:18 am »
I was listening to TalkSport this morning, the Plymouth manager was on. Seems a decent fella.
Anyway, Alan Brazil referenced the game being played tonight, Ray Wilkins said tomorrow, so I knew then it was Sunday

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 6, 2017, 11:34:04 am »
Good game to give more playing time for the young one.
Believer

Offline gregorio

• Loves Chelsea's staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At this particular moment in time
« Reply #48 on: January 6, 2017, 11:41:45 am »
Let's twat these nautical fuckers.

keelhaul 'em!

Looking forward to this one, love seeing us play different teams and a good chance to see some squad players who should be keen to impress, my son cant wait to get the match badge

'When they start singing 'You’ll Never Walk Alone' my eyes start to water. There have been times when I’ve actually been crying while I’ve been playing'

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 6, 2017, 12:00:16 pm »
Seems like Gomez will play according to the press conference. Would be great to see him run out.

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: January 6, 2017, 12:19:53 pm »
Think it will look something similar to this:

Karius

TAA - Gomez - Lucas - Moreno

Stewart

Ejaria - Grujic?

Ojo - Origi - Woodburn

The two questions for me are:

Sturridge or Origi upfront?  I'd go Origi, as I think Sturridge should start in the league.

Who partners Stewart & Ejaria in CM? Grujic if fit, otherwise I guess it will be Can or Wijnaldum.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #51 on: January 6, 2017, 12:25:34 pm »
Is Sturridge fit?
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline Aceldama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: January 6, 2017, 12:53:25 pm »
Sturridge hasn't trained this week because of the heavy tackle in the Sunderland game, he won't start.

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: January 6, 2017, 01:15:53 pm »
Must win game after the Sunderland draw

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 6, 2017, 01:18:34 pm »
I was listening to TalkSport this morning, the Plymouth manager was on. Seems a decent fella.
Anyway, Alan Brazil referenced the game being played tonight, Ray Wilkins said tomorrow, so I knew then it was Sunday

hahahahahaha
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Anfield89

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: January 6, 2017, 01:19:12 pm »
Must win game after the Sunderland draw

It's not going to have a big impact on the first team should the young ones slip up. Obviously nobody wants to go out but Wednesday is the priority.

Offline Vote For Pedro

• "Kay-bye!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: January 6, 2017, 01:24:04 pm »
It's not going to have a big impact on the first team should the young ones slip up. Obviously nobody wants to go out but Wednesday is the priority.

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #57 on: January 6, 2017, 01:24:18 pm »
We've not won the FA cup for a decade and people still aren't arsed about it? We've got a good squad we can cope, league cup is practically over by next week  :butt
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 6, 2017, 01:27:36 pm »
We've not won the FA cup for a decade and people still aren't arsed about it? We've got a good squad we can cope, league cup is practically over by next week  :butt

who is not arsed? wish people would be clear and quote, otherwise we just end up with one side saying 'ugh noone cares - bloody rawk' then the other side says 'everyone's acting a superfan and wetting the bed - bloody rawk'. works the same way with the 'oh look at that, only 10 pages on this, but 20 pages on this other thing' crowds

when it's usually just the same handful of serial generalisers (not you) who clog up otherwise interesting threads

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #59 on: January 6, 2017, 02:01:00 pm »
Karius back in contention

Asked whether the £4.7m summer signing from Mainz could start on Sunday, Klopp replied:

“Big chance. He trained outstandingly, which was good to see. It is difficult to speak about things in public because you make it a big story and that is part of the problem, but we cannot ignore the pressure you make. We have to cope with it and deal with it and that is why we made the change.

“I am sure Loris will benefit from this step back or step aside. Simon has done an outstandingly good job since he has been playing again and Loris has forced him to train at the highest level because we have two really good goalkeepers. It was good for him.”

Gomez might be starting too....!

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #60 on: January 6, 2017, 02:08:29 pm »
who is not arsed? wish people would be clear and quote, otherwise we just end up with one side saying 'ugh noone cares - bloody rawk' then the other side says 'everyone's acting a superfan and wetting the bed - bloody rawk'. works the same way with the 'oh look at that, only 10 pages on this, but 20 pages on this other thing' crowds

when it's usually just the same handful of serial generalisers (not you) who clog up otherwise interesting threads
You can literally just read the post above mine... I would just love us to win any trophy and hate anyone who states otherwise.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2017, 02:10:06 pm by MerseysideBrum »
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 6, 2017, 04:22:39 pm »
Would like to see Harry Wilson, the only lot of the reserve crop to not yet get his chance, with Mane gone agains league 2 opposition and him being the best u23 player this season, surely he warrants a chance, maybe?

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #62 on: January 6, 2017, 04:24:44 pm »
Training pics show Coutinho and Sturridge training with the squad. Could both feature on bench?
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #63 on: January 6, 2017, 04:31:40 pm »
If it was away at plymouth I would be concerned starting all youth. Its different at Anfield though, I feel like our youth are used to playing at home. Klavan, Can, Lucas, and Moreno would give the youth some confidence and solidify our team. Would love to see Woodburn partner Origi, with Ojo on the wing.
Seen us win everything

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #64 on: January 6, 2017, 04:38:16 pm »
Training pics show Coutinho and Sturridge training with the squad. Could both feature on bench?

Coutinho is not expected to play vs Plymouth and is unlikely to make the trip to Southampton but is set to return vs United. [Melissa Reddy]
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #65 on: January 6, 2017, 04:40:05 pm »
It's a shame Grujic hasn't been able to make a mark yet. Injuries haven't helped. Not sure exactly what the nature of the latest injury is but would have been nice to see him here. Liked what I saw of him from his few brief appearances.

Anyone know what's up with Brannagan?
YWNA

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: January 6, 2017, 04:42:27 pm »

Anyone know what's up with Brannagan?
Got injured recently, was expected to go out on loan before that.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 6, 2017, 05:16:20 pm »
I think Klopp won't go completely youth and reserves for this - we've seen him take the cups very seriously before. Granted, we have had a bitch of a fixture list recently and injuries have piled up but I reckon Klavan, Can, Winaljdum and Origi will all start.

Reckon vs Southampton he'll play the same side that played Sunderland pretty much then Coutinho and Matip will definitely start at United. Sturridge may well start against Southampton.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: January 6, 2017, 05:24:16 pm »
Matip & Coutinho aren’t yet ready to return, while Henderson Milner & Sturridge are continuing to have treatment. #lfc (James Pearce)

Joe Gomez could make his long-awaited return to first-team action - 15 months after he last featured against FC Sion. #lfc (James Pearce)

Karius, Moreno, Lucas, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kevin Stewart, Ovie Ejaria, Woodburn & Sheyi Ojo are also in contention. #lfc (James Pearce)

Klopp will turn to those on the fringes of his squad to ensure Plymouth are sent packing and that momentum is maintained. (James Pearce)

Seems everyone is in agreement here. Should mean something. :P

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 6, 2017, 05:34:01 pm »

No one is not arsed. But coming off a busy christmas schedule and with a semi-final and huge prem game coming up, priorities need to take place. A few key injuries and Mane off to AFCON mean aren't as strong in iur squad as we'd like. I'd still back our fringe players and young players to do the job. We've shown in the league cup that even when we make several changes, the players are well drilled in what they need to do.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #70 on: January 6, 2017, 05:42:28 pm »
Welcome back Joe Gomez! (hopefully)  :hally :wellin :thumbup
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 6, 2017, 05:46:25 pm »
No one is not arsed. But coming off a busy christmas schedule and with a semi-final and huge prem game coming up, priorities need to take place. A few key injuries and Mane off to AFCON mean aren't as strong in iur squad as we'd like. I'd still back our fringe players and young players to do the job. We've shown in the league cup that even when we make several changes, the players are well drilled in what they need to do.

Agreed we have to prioritise. The sad reality of not having a squad to compete in 3 or 4 competitions when we get injuries means in a week of 3 different cup competitions this has to take least priority. We have to win the league cup this season - there's no real excuses now; it's the perfect chance for Klopp to get his first trophy here under his belt. Then the title is still up for grabs in the league and it's a game we can't lose to United considering how close it is and psychologically etc.

This is where our squad depth is lacking. It's the same with Spurs and United, something has to give as we've seen with both of them at times during this season.

I'm confident we can get a win with a weakened side on Sunday. By the time the next round comes along if we draw stronger opposition then we should have some key players back for us meaning the likes of Sturridge, Winaljdum, Lovren and Can can all start no problems at all.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 6, 2017, 06:17:10 pm »
We don't have to worry about playing too many games. If we want to win trophies, we will have to expect to play many games. A good cup run or two will be good for morale.

For this game we should use the squad and rest a few regulars.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Online Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 6, 2017, 10:37:06 pm »
I think Klopp won't go completely youth and reserves for this - we've seen him take the cups very seriously before. Granted, we have had a bitch of a fixture list recently and injuries have piled up but I reckon Klavan, Can, Winaljdum and Origi will all start.

I agree but I think it will be Lucas for Klaven who may well be needed for the next 2 (bigger) games. I think one of Can / Gini will deffo start. Likewise I agree Origi plays. Maybe Lallana too but that will be it for the first teamers I reckon.
              Karius
 TAA, Lucas and Gomez, Moreno.
    Lallana, Paul Stewart, Can,
       Eljaria,  Origi,  Wilson

?????

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: January 6, 2017, 10:46:40 pm »
I agree but I think it will be Lucas for Klaven who may well be needed for the next 2 (bigger) games. I think one of Can / Gini will deffo start. Likewise I agree Origi plays. Maybe Lallana too but that will be it for the first teamers I reckon.
              Karius
 TAA, Lucas and Gomez, Moreno.
    Lallana, Paul Stewart, Can,
       Eljaria,  Origi,  Wilson

?????

Do you think he has the legs nowadays to play in a Klopp team?

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #75 on: January 6, 2017, 10:58:47 pm »
Do you think he has the legs nowadays to play in a Klopp team?

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

That really made me chuckle

Mind you, Paul Stewart didn't even have the legs back then

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: January 6, 2017, 11:03:13 pm »

:)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 7, 2017, 08:38:53 am »
Looking forward to seeing Jomez back

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #78 on: January 7, 2017, 08:52:40 am »
Woodburn hattrick
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #79 on: January 7, 2017, 08:52:56 am »
Looking forward to seeing Jomez back

Is it Jomez or Joemez?  Never did get to the bottom of that one.