Author Topic: Sunderland vs Liverpool, 2 January @ 15:00 - The Stadium of Shite  (Read 27424 times)

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sunderland vs Liverpool, 2 January @ 15:00 - The Stadium of Shite
« Reply #80 on: January 1, 2017, 11:57:16 am »
Really? You think the team the JUST played is going to be fully rested and at 100% for this game? No chance. Not after the work we had to do last night. If we put out the same team they'll be at a high risk of injury and out on their feet in the second half.

Lucas, Moreno, Origi and Sturridge have to come in. It's just a question of how much further we go. Do TAA, Stewart and Ejaria come in as well.

next league game is on the 11th. I think a two week break would do Firmino wonders, and if we can do the same for Milner, Wijnaldum and Clyne who've all played a lot of football this season then all the better.

Sunderland also have serious injury problems and are probably going to have to play the exact same team that lost to burnley 4-1, minus anichebe. fresh legs could be a big boost. 
« Last Edit: January 1, 2017, 12:02:54 pm by theMilkman »
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #81 on: January 1, 2017, 12:01:59 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Their injury list has come at a good time for us. I expect Origi to start with Firmino and Mane and Sturridge to come off the bench early in second half to replace Firmino. Sky saying Hendo came off due to a heel injury. That sounds worryingly like last season problem come back. I hope this won't prove to be serious.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #82 on: January 1, 2017, 12:05:49 pm »
Come on Redmen!!
Their injury list has come at a good time for us. I expect Origi to start with Firmino and Mane and Sturridge to come off the bench early in second half to replace Firmino. Sky saying Hendo came off due to a heel injury. That sounds worryingly like last season problem come back. I hope this won't prove to be serious.

Klopp has said it's unrelated to that long-standing injury, that's the positive news until we learn more.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #83 on: January 1, 2017, 12:12:09 pm »
Hi, just seen that, apologies - here is the quote from Echo -
Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson has a problem in his heel which caused him to be withdrawn from the battle against Manchester City at Anfield.

The Reds captain left the pitch after 64 minutes of the intense struggle against Pep Guardiola's men which saw the Reds grab a crucial three points through Gini Wijnaldum's early header.

There is concern for Henderson's fitness, especially with Sunderland less than 48 hours away, although one area of good news is that the injured heel is not the one which caused the midfielder so many problems last season.

Jurgen Klopp told his post-match press conference: “At this moment, it's a little bit of pain in the heel. When Hendo is limping, if it's a 'little bit' of pain, it's probably a bit more.

“We don't know exactly in this moment.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #84 on: January 1, 2017, 12:16:58 pm »
Anyone know if the boys will be training today? Interested to see how Klopp handles such a scenario.
« Last Edit: January 1, 2017, 12:23:15 pm by Zoomers »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #85 on: January 1, 2017, 12:19:11 pm »
points over performance please. Although would love to hand Moyes a drubbing.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 1, 2017, 12:21:49 pm »
Win this and for once let's put the pressure on Chelsea first. Let's cut that gap to 3 points.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: January 1, 2017, 12:23:46 pm »
I wouldn't make too many changes. Sunderland are in the same position as us in terms of rest time so at least its an even playing field in that sense. Plus we don't have another league game for 12 days.

I'd bring Sturridge and/or Origi in and that's that
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 1, 2017, 12:26:05 pm »
Really? You think the team the JUST played is going to be fully rested and at 100% for this game? No chance. Not after the work we had to do last night. If we put out the same team they'll be at a high risk of injury and out on their feet in the second half.

Lucas, Moreno, Origi and Sturridge have to come in. It's just a question of how much further we go. Do TAA, Stewart and Ejaria come in as well.

Sorry but thats a bit mad. Arnold, Ejaria and Stewart should in no way be starting this game. Nor should Lucas if Lovren and Klavan are fit.

We will monopolise the ball for most of the game and probably have 60% of it so its shouldnt be too physically draining. Personally I think the only change should be Sturridge and Origi for Henderson and Firmino. Them 2 should be nice and rested and Can hasnt played loads recently.

Online Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #89 on: January 1, 2017, 12:28:51 pm »
We didn't seem to expend a whole lot of energy against Man City as well.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: January 1, 2017, 12:29:36 pm »
Anyone know if the boys will be training today? Interested to see how Klopp handles such a scenario.

If they do it'll be something very light I'd imagine.

Offline DHKopper

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #91 on: January 1, 2017, 12:30:50 pm »
These are fucking shite. 3-0.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: January 1, 2017, 12:35:04 pm »
            Mignolet
AA Lovren klavan moreno
              Lucas
     Can             Firmino
Mane                   Origi
             Sturridge   

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: January 1, 2017, 12:37:42 pm »

You do know we're playing against a side who also played yesterday?

So where is the handicap? What is the purpose in starting the likes of Lucas and Moreno?

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: January 1, 2017, 12:39:17 pm »

So where is the handicap? What is the purpose in starting the likes of Lucas and Moreno?
Potential injuries and lack of rest ahead of Man U

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: January 1, 2017, 12:40:08 pm »
I don't think we need to make wholesale changes and play youngsters in order to have a team in reasonable condition (baring in mind they will be just as knackered). Centre backs shouldn't be too badly affected. Lucas can come in for Hendo, Can hasn't been overused and could give Lallana a rest. Mane was subbed reasonably early so I think will start. Origi and Studge should be raring to go whilst Firmino has been a bit out of form recently anyway. I would go with:

Migs
Clyne or Milner (whoever is least knackered) Lovren Klavan Moreno
Lucas
Can Gini
Mane Studge Origi

Not our best 11, but not a massive drop off. Certainly we won't press as well as we can, but will we need to?

Will be interesting...

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: January 1, 2017, 12:45:45 pm »

So let's play our lads at 70% and at risk of injury against their lads at 70% and at risk of injury and let the team that play's the less shitest win!  :P

Is a 100% fully firing Moreno better for us than a 70% Milner(who's at greater risk of injury)? For me, yes. For you, maybe no. Klopp will decide. But i'm sure if we play shite with no energy or a really important player does his hammy you'll be happy to blame Klopp for not freshening things up.

I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: January 1, 2017, 12:58:18 pm »
So let's play our lads at 70% and at risk of injury against their lads at 70% and at risk of injury and let the team that play's the less shitest win!  :P

Is a 100% fully firing Moreno better for us than a 70% Milner(who's at greater risk of injury)? For me, yes. For you, maybe no. Klopp will decide. But i'm sure if we play shite with no energy or a really important player does his hammy you'll be happy to blame Klopp for not freshening things up.

We will have the ball for 60% of the time and they are not exactly going to be full of energy either. Can, Sturridge, Origi should all be pretty fresh and maybe a Lucas steps in for Lovren who has had his issues. No more then that though surely.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #98 on: January 1, 2017, 12:59:21 pm »
Can replaces Hendo. Origi/Sturridge into the front three. Lallana back into midfield. That is all.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: January 1, 2017, 12:59:57 pm »
Sorry but thats a bit mad. Arnold, Ejaria and Stewart should in no way be starting this game. Nor should Lucas if Lovren and Klavan are fit.

We will monopolise the ball for most of the game and probably have 60% of it so its shouldnt be too physically draining. Personally I think the only change should be Sturridge and Origi for Henderson and Firmino. Them 2 should be nice and rested and Can hasnt played loads recently.

None of us really know who should or shouldn't be starting really, it just depends how they feel in training today. Can for example hasn't played a lot so he might be fresh like you say, or he might be shattered if he's not used to playing 90 minutes.

I do think fresh legs will be important though, especially from the bench, even with lots of possession the team will need to be quick to stop any breaks against us and sharp enough to cut through a packed defence crisply.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #100 on: January 1, 2017, 01:08:17 pm »
Imperative we keep momentum and as I said before, this is the game I am most worried about out the three.

Not because of the opposition but the fact we are goosed.

But they are in same boat and devoid of any confidence.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: January 1, 2017, 01:14:23 pm »
Can replaces Hendo. Origi/Sturridge into the front three. Lallana back into midfield. That is all.

Given Lallana's problems with his groin/hammy this season, you really think he should play? He can't even play back to back on England duty without breaking down. Can we really not beat Sunderland without him?
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: January 1, 2017, 01:16:03 pm »
Some of you lot would be worried about facing a non league team

Offline Robert_B

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: January 1, 2017, 01:34:25 pm »

Agreed. I don't think Klopp is one to change things up too much, especially when things are going well. Unless, of course, someone is struggling in training today.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: January 1, 2017, 01:40:44 pm »
We didn't seem to expend a whole lot of energy against Man City as well.

Exactly, thought Mane and Firmino looked jaded but as others say they are just as tired and have big injury problems so strongest team please and go for the jugular.   If we are 2 up by half an hour this lot will capitulate. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: January 1, 2017, 01:43:58 pm »
If we can't manage this Sunderland side without Hendo then we don't deserve a title.  I'd put Lovren on the bench for this one also, give him a rest if possible.

Sunderland have played like a bunch of strangers together this season, and we're going to be facing a makeshift side on top of that.  Klopp will have our boys guarded against complacency so I'm confident whatever side we put out should secure the points.

I'm actually wondering if Klopp might take the team up there today; have them stay overnight and have a light training session in the morning.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: January 1, 2017, 02:07:06 pm »
Imperative we keep momentum and as I said before, this is the game I am most worried about out the three.

Not because of the opposition but the fact we are goosed.

But they are in same boat and devoid of any confidence.

They're also weaker, have more injuries and have to play us away. Sunderland shouldn't be a team to worry about, they should be beatable.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #107 on: January 1, 2017, 02:23:13 pm »
Would be kind of typical of us to lose after a big game.
I hope we don't change too much. Sturridge,  origi and Lucas in

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: January 1, 2017, 02:25:16 pm »
Another game so close. Lovely! Means I'll have to leave work early to be home in time for kick-off. Perfect start to 2017. I'll bring out the crisps hat are left from New Year.

Suspect we will make a couple of changes to the team. Lucas, Origi and maybe Sturridge to start. I'd still like to see Firmino up front for this one. I guess it depends on where we play Lallana. Midfield? Wing? With Lallana on the wing, or in a more attacking role and Firmino stays central. Lallana in midfield and I reckon we have to play Origi or Sturridge and none of them will play wide. We need to be up for a battle. It's a must win game and they have nothing to lose.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #109 on: January 1, 2017, 02:25:51 pm »
You've been expecting me?

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: January 1, 2017, 02:29:15 pm »
"[There are] no excuses for anybody. We have to deliver, and we will deliver.

"It's clear in a situation like this. Usually after a game you ask a lot of questions because if you get an answer you can rest a player.

"I'm pretty sure that I will ask not a lot of questions -- 'how do you feel?' or whatever. I will ask for information from the medical department and then we don't even have a real [training] session.

"That's the next problem with rotation, we don't even have a real session tomorrow. That's pretty short. All we can put in this session we will do -- some tactical stuff."

http://www.espnfcasia.com/liverpool/story/3029673/jurgen-klopp-no-excuses-for-liverpool-amid-fixture-congestion

i'm taking this to mean he'll change as little as he can.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline sonny crockett

• Been highly respecting A@A since 2007, honestly, thinks the world of him!
  • Kopite
« Reply #111 on: January 1, 2017, 02:31:48 pm »
I still can't believe we're playing again tomorrow.

Does the team fly or take a coach? That's a three hour drive at least.

They'll need to dig deep for this one.

Offline vinothmct

• Kopite
« Reply #112 on: January 1, 2017, 02:33:14 pm »
This is the game i'm most worried.

With liverpool in town both their fans and players will raise their game. No complacency. Go out and put them to sword. Then just manage the game

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #113 on: January 1, 2017, 02:33:57 pm »
How many fit players do Sunderland have?

Based on what Physioroom is saying and with Jones suspended, it looks like they only have about fifteen fit first-team players, so I am assuming Moyes will have to add a few youth players to make up the bench. It also sounds like Sunderland got permission to keep Khazri and N'Dong for this game, as they are playing in the AFCON.

He'll probably have to pick from Mannone, Mika, van Aanholt, Manquillo, Love, Djilobodji, O'Shea, N'Dong, Rodwell, Khazri, Pienaar, Larsson, Januzaj, Borini, Defoe.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 1, 2017, 03:07:03 pm »
Any news on Jordan anyone ?
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 1, 2017, 03:07:10 pm »
This is the game i'm most worried.

With liverpool in town both their fans and players will raise their game. No complacency. Go out and put them to sword. Then just manage the game

Raise their game? They were dead on their feet yesterday.  They have no advantage than us. We have a squad capable of somewhat competing with a 24 hour rest.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #116 on: January 1, 2017, 03:08:03 pm »
Any news on Jordan anyone ?
Alcohol problems, next relationship on the rocks, everything's getting a bit saggy
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: January 1, 2017, 03:09:04 pm »
Alcohol problems, next relationship on the rocks, everything's getting a bit saggy

And to top it off her ex is Dwight Yorke. I mean can't get any lower than that.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #118 on: January 1, 2017, 03:09:10 pm »
People are posting some strange teams.

We have go pretty much full strength - I would rest Firmino and start Origi, Sturridge and Mane. Back five unchanged and midfield of Lallana, Gini and Can.

We can then assess at half time and make changes if needed. Rather start fast.

You do know Sunderland played on Saturday too? Our fitness is far stronger. We don't need to go crazy. They will tire late in the game, so we need to keep the ball and move them around in the first half, make their legs work harder than ours and then in the second half we can go for it a bit more when our superior fitness should shine (we're conditioned to finish strong rather than start fast). The intensity will be a like pre-season game so we've just got to keep patient and I'm sure we can create a few chances.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: January 1, 2017, 03:11:30 pm »
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.