Author Topic: Who else reads Viz?  (Read 3449 times)

Offline thingie

• Kemlynite
Who else reads Viz?
« on: July 15, 2005, 09:26:59 am »
The new issue is a scream, I almost had a heart attack laughing at Sid the Sexist.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Who else reads Viz?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 09:57:49 am »
Aye, when I remember to pick it up in the Naaf - the letters/top tips are the best bits.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 1, 2009, 02:19:21 pm »
Just thought I'd give this a bump as I've picked up the last few. Loved Andy Parsehole's article on Jackson.

Jackson touched us all. He touched my heart. He touched your heart. He also touched children. But not their hearts, their bottoms.

Like SleepyThere 1,500!

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #3 on: September 1, 2009, 02:23:01 pm »
Used to read it before I got all grown up and sensible. The Profanesauras (not sure if that's spelt right) is fucking hilarious.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 1, 2009, 03:14:09 pm »
Just thought I'd give this a bump as I've picked up the last few. Loved Andy Parsehole's article on Jackson.

Jackson touched us all. He touched my heart. He touched your heart. He also touched children. But not their hearts, their bottoms.

Like SleepyThere 1,500!

His one for the Pope was brilliant - I feel sorry for the children who will grow up never knowing his warm, caring smile, I feel sorry for the elderly who must face the autumn of their lives without him, I feel sorry for all the people in between who and that makes 3,000 words. Invoice enclosed etc.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 1, 2009, 03:24:26 pm »
Seems to have gone downhill in the last year.  Despite loads of letters into Viz from around the country saying that Millie Tant, The Fat Slags, Johnny Fartpants, Roger Mellie ( to name a few) are no longer funny, they still continue to print them.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2015, 05:05:16 pm »
Viz is still going and I used to love it during the early 90's.  I know it went very shite for a time more recently but on a whim I bought the November 2015 issue the other day and its funny as fuck.

There is a 6 page 'fair and balanced view' of Jeremy Corbyn in it this month.  As you can imagine its a million miles from being fair and balanced but very funny all the same.

The cartoons are pretty funny too and seem to be harking back to the original style.

Gonna start getting Viz again regularly as I've really enjoyed making its acquaintance again after all these years :)  Anyone else still bother with it?

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 05:22:56 pm »
I used to read it back then too and I still find their top tips amusing and some of the other things that get recirculated online, but I haven't bought or read a copy for years.
What I found after buying them regularly for years, was that the cartoons tended to repeat themselves. It was all a bit, Johnny one joke.

I think if I picked up the odd copy and read it, I'd laugh, but not after buying it regularly.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 05:31:50 pm »
I used to read it back then too and I still find their top tips amusing and some of the other things that get recirculated online, but I haven't bought or read a copy for years.
What I found after buying them regularly for years, was that the cartoons tended to repeat themselves. It was all a bit, Johnny one joke.

I think if I picked up the odd copy and read it, I'd laugh, but not after buying it regularly.

To be honest I wouldn't have found this Jeremy Corbyn type of stuff (or a dig at Neil Kinnock etc) funny back then. I just went straight for the top tips, letters and cartoons when i was a lad.

I probably skipped over and missed loads of funny stuff in the articles back then.

And 'Johnny one Joke' could actually be a Viz character!! :)

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 05:47:01 pm »
To be honest I wouldn't have found this Jeremy Corbyn type of stuff (or a dig at Neil Kinnock etc) funny back then. I just went straight for the top tips, letters and cartoons when i was a lad.

I probably skipped over and missed loads of funny stuff in the articles back then.

And 'Johnny one Joke' could actually be a Viz character!! :)
Johnny one joke was actually a strip in a Spitting Image annual that I had back then. :D

Offline Port_vale_lad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 06:20:26 pm »
The viz top tips were genius  ;D

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2015, 06:24:35 pm »
Was just discussing Roger's Profanasaurus at work today. Another lad my age was a fellow fan, a girl we work with, mid twenties hadn't even heard of Viz. The youth of today eh...

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2015, 06:25:41 pm »
Still pick it up every so often. I love reading the small print stuff they put in the credits, loads of little in-jokes packed into a tiny box. The other day it was like 'Thanks to XXX for printing the magazine, even though we've incorrectly been crediting YYY for the last three years'
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2015, 07:24:20 pm »
Read it religiously for 20 years, Letterbocks and Top Tips are the best parts.

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2015, 07:42:41 pm »
"If Bonio out of U2 still hasn't found what he's looking for, may I suggest that he looks down the side of the sofa."

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 10:19:39 pm »
The piece in this months edition suggests Jeremy Corbyn commited a drug related murder in John O"Groats even though there were 500 witnesses who swear he was giving a speech in Lands End at the time the murder happened.

:lmao

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 09:04:09 pm »
http://viz.co.uk/im-celebrity-get-ikea/

Buy another fucking BILLY bookcase :D

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2016, 06:09:28 pm »
Top Tips is one of my favourites.

Here's a few:

"When nailing your scrotum to a kitchen table for the purposes of sexual gratification, always ensure that you leave the pliers within arms' reach. Not in your toolbox in the shed." - J Paxman, London.

"Help to teach kids how the government works by simply taking all their sweets off them and telling them to fuck off." - fang, email.

"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2016, 08:06:21 pm »