Author Topic: Why we should keep Lucas?  (Read 266133 times)

Offline theblackhumor

• Anny Roader
  • oh boy.
Re: Why we should keep Lucas?
« Reply #960 on: January 11, 2011, 11:44:08 am »
As much as I appreciate lucas' stlye of play I'd also want him to work on his finishing lol! He would be an even better player for us as he is right now as he usually gets himself into scoring chances but tends to head it over the bar or shoots it wide (think he mis-timed a sitter too against Bolton).

Could easily be a contributing 7-10 goals a season because he DOES gets himself into good scoring opportunities from the time I've watched him.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #961 on: January 11, 2011, 09:32:06 pm »
Lucas getting more abuse from the morons today.  He replied to two of them
@SouthMayo thanks for your support .
@thescousesaint thanks.

and then posted the most perfect retweet from the famous Brazilian author Paulo Coelho:

paulocoelho
retweeted by LucasLeiva87

Haters are confused admirers who can't understand why everybody loves you

Lucas Leiva you have such class!
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: January 11, 2011, 10:23:09 pm »
Lucas getting more abuse from the morons today.
It breaks my heart every time. I don't know why I get so emotionial over him. He just seems like a good lad trough and trough..he does not deserve the abuse

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #963 on: January 11, 2011, 10:25:26 pm »
@thescousesaint thanks.

and then posted the most perfect retweet from the famous Brazilian author Paulo Coelho:

paulocoelho

Too many twats using twatter.some people have too much time on their hands seriously.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: January 11, 2011, 10:27:40 pm »
@thescousesaint thanks.

paulocoelho

Nice to see he reads serious fiction.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #965 on: January 11, 2011, 11:12:58 pm »
@thescousesaint thanks.

paulocoelho

That is quality.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #966 on: January 11, 2011, 11:34:20 pm »
why cant these fuckers just leave the lad alone.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: January 11, 2011, 11:42:22 pm »
why cant these fuckers just leave the lad alone.

They're trolls. They get their kicks from trying to upset people. Go on youtube, find a random video, and from time to time you'll see a comment that's completely out of synch with what's around it, clearly aiming to provoke a reaction. The one that was pointed out in the previous page was from a Man City supporter. No links whatsoever with Liverpool, but just latching onto a media scapegoat and adding his tuppence of media wisdom to try and upset him. For real tosserdom, read the minute by minute commentaries on the Guardian, and comments by twats like Ian Copestake, who claim to be Liverpool supporters, but who regurgitate media myths and mock Liverpool players.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #968 on: January 11, 2011, 11:44:52 pm »
Breaks my heart to see Lucas getting abuse, seriously puts his all in and some horrible wankers get kicks from having a go at him.

I love Lucas and hope he's here for long to come.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #969 on: January 11, 2011, 11:45:27 pm »
The kids who are giving Lucas a hard time for the most part are craving for attention they don't get at home. Probably don't even have girlfriends and are essentially girly men.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #970 on: January 11, 2011, 11:45:29 pm »
They may think its fun but it's low. Had a go at that Scousesaint bloke earlier on about it and now he's abusing me. As is the other one, saying he wants to push Skittles up my bumhole. Fucks sake.

Offline Cribertinokes

• Born free. Live free. Die.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #971 on: January 11, 2011, 11:58:23 pm »
They may think its fun but it's low. Had a go at that Scousesaint bloke earlier on about it and now he's abusing me. As is the other one, saying he wants to push Skittles up my bumhole. Fucks sake.

His bio on Twitter "this is me dont like it FUCK OFF", clearly a massive twat.
These are the days when I hate the world, hate the rich, hate the happy, hate the complacent, the TV watchers, beer drinkers, the satisfied ones. Because I know I can be all of those little hateful things and then I hate myself for realising that.

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #972 on: January 12, 2011, 12:00:35 am »
Lucas is the perfect roll model every young kid should watch.He's honest, works his bollocks off (and even when he's had to cover other so called cm who are undisciplined) works for the team not himself, never moans,never let the boos get to him.A model modern footballer(not many of them around).As for those who think he only plays short simple passes just watch him.In fact study any game and watch him close.He's got a good range of passes.And dont knock his passing,cause the empire of lfc which was started by shanks and ran for nigh on 3 decades was built on such simple pass and move.Look at a number of footballers today and they cant even deliver a simple pass.So nesv give the lad a pay rise and a LONG contract cause our midfield needs to be built around him.23 years old.20 fucking 3.This guy wont be at his peak for a couple of years.Imagine what he'll be like then.And to any sceptics out there yes i didn't rate him until last seaon.I simply watched what he did for THE TEAM and in the modern game intelligent people can see what he brings to the side.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: January 12, 2011, 12:02:22 am »
he has a good game now and again, keep for rotation imo.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #974 on: January 12, 2011, 12:03:23 am »
Are you for real? our best player last season and this.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #975 on: January 12, 2011, 12:04:15 am »

Now and then? So you don't agree he's probably been our best player this year?

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #976 on: January 12, 2011, 12:07:59 am »

Well, that's mighty generous of ya. Thanks for that insightful piece of commentary.
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #977 on: January 12, 2011, 12:11:26 am »

fuck off
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: January 12, 2011, 12:14:23 am »
Everyone has gone on about Hodgson's integrity which I personally never saw or heard once from him, but I wish the rest of the squad had this lad's integrity, courage and conviction. A real quality act on and off the pitch watching him play and reading his interviews. My player of an albeit not very good season, but I have absolute belief that he'll be even better when the rest of the squad get their game together. I hope he pops in here every now and again to read some of the things decent people have to say about him and how appreciated he is, and just ignores the gobshites on twatter who have probably not seen him for more than 5 minutes on Match of the Day. I think he can form a brilliant partnership with Raul again over the next few games while Gerrard is in the stands, and hope that Kenny sees enough to keep the partnership going even when he comes back. Mark my words, four more years and this lad will be a World Cup winner, and I just hope he's still here then proving any remaining bellends how wrong they are.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline koolkamal

• There's a kind of hush
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our dreams are what make us who we are.
« Reply #979 on: January 12, 2011, 12:19:19 am »
One thing I hope Lucas never does is create his own facebook profile.
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them". Walt Disney

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: January 12, 2011, 12:25:24 am »

Poulsen's that slow he'll probably start a myspace page up in a couple of years   ;)
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #981 on: January 12, 2011, 07:01:40 am »

Would you be shocked if I told you.............................
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: January 12, 2011, 07:15:40 am »
Lucas is the perfect roll model every young kid should watch.He's honest, works his bollocks off (and even when he's had to cover other so called cm who are undisciplined) works for the team not himself, never moans,never let the boos get to him.A model modern footballer(not many of them around).

Here's a classy vid by ElAlonso for us Lucas fans  :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fx1rmJpeXw

Apologies if posted before... well, not really. Worth a re-post, surely :)
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #983 on: January 12, 2011, 11:01:04 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sBLPiI6oBE
Got a friend of mine to translate the vid. She told me that he speaks about life in Liverpool and how he misses Brazil. He misses his family and he thinks that it's strange that the shops close early in the evening in England. Apart from that he enjoys his house, and explains that he's got everything he needs there..including a Nintendo Wii.

Is it just me or is Lucas a geek? :D

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: January 12, 2011, 11:13:50 am »
Got a friend of mine to translate the vid. She told me that he speaks about life in Liverpool and how he misses Brazil. He misses his family and he thinks that it's strange that the shops close early in the evening in England. Apart from that he enjoys his house, and explains that he's got everything he needs there..including a Nintendo Wii.

Is it just me or is Lucas a geek? :D

A geek with an Nintendo?

Compared to the average stupid football player he is fucking Einstein though..
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #985 on: January 12, 2011, 12:17:29 pm »
I don't think he's a geek, but he's certainly intelligent in many ways.  I mean how many footballers would follow Paulo Coelho on Twitter?  He's obviously educated as he was going to go to University before he signed professionally at Gremio.    He also has emotional intelligence, knows when/when not to speak.  I know it's funny for us fans when players put there foot in their mouths, (think Babel/Johnson!), but I respect Lucas for always maintaining a dignified silence.  Look at Wayne Rooneys reaction in the World Cup when England were boo'ed - he swore at the fans.  What did Lucas do when he was booed - he worked harder!

Lucas is an intelligent respectful dignified man, not a geek !!!
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: January 12, 2011, 04:56:47 pm »
He cares and tries a lot harder than most of the rest!Also does a job in his respective position!Keep!

Oh . . . . And he's Brazilian! :D

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: January 12, 2011, 04:58:04 pm »
Lucas is an intelligent respectful dignified man, not a geek !!!
I was only kidding, mate..but you were probably too. If you read my posts you'll see that I love the lad

Offline Shooter

• Anny Roader
« Reply #988 on: January 12, 2011, 08:51:40 pm »
Poulsens' inclusion today is giving Lucas the chance to get forward a bit more and to try and dictate the game from a more offensive point of view.

Good half from him.

Offline mulhergremista

• Kopite
« Reply #989 on: January 13, 2011, 02:12:26 am »
Just a detail I found out yesterday
One of the players i respect as one of the best classic no. 10, playmaker who also scores a lot of goals and leads his team, is Alex de Souza, Fenerbahce player, Who scored many goals, assist even more, and takes all the FK and PK with flying colours.  With riquelme fading out, he is maybe the best now. 
I looked out his list of tweeters "follows" and "followers" he has som 80,000 followers, and about 100 that he follows.  I was curious to see who is he following.  I was quite astonished to see that the first in his list was Lucas.  I suppose he even does not know of it.  They are of different generations, Alex just missed the 2002 mundial because he played in the Rivaldo position.  In Cruzeiro 2003, dream team coached by Luxenburgo, he scoed and assisted togetherabout 70 goals. He played also in the Palmeiras of Rivaldo etc. in 1994-5 coached byFelipao.

And this player is following Lucas?  it means something, especially for me.  Alex is not a"star"  he is respected in Turkey and Brasil, you see..I prefer the humble ones. my first football idol was Rivaldo..
Just wanted to share this with you
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:15:25 am by mulhergremista »

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: January 13, 2011, 02:17:41 am »
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #991 on: January 13, 2011, 02:21:53 am »
Our best outfield player last night.

One of the few players who can hold their head up after the game.

Did more than meireles and poulsen combined.

Offline bobo333

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #992 on: January 13, 2011, 02:27:09 am »
The way he conducts himself on and off the field is ideal for a Liverpool player.  He gives his all on the pitch, defends his team, is not afraid to win physical challenges in midfield, distributes the ball efficiently (he has improved greatly here this season and last), and displays nothing but grace in how he deals with his many, undeserved critics.  He has been a bright spot in the darkness this season and I hope he's here for a long time.
What is called for is dignity. We need to set an example. ~ Kenny Dalglish

Long live the King.

Offline Festy

• Kopite
  • Best RAWK poster of the year 2010-11
« Reply #993 on: January 13, 2011, 05:47:03 am »
Lucas had a decent game yesterday but as with Raul, I doubt he is suited to the advanced role. He is much better in the holding role, playing short simple passes and keeping the game flowing. I would like to be proved wrong and see assists and occasional goals under his name though.  :)

Offline wonderboy

• Main Stander
« Reply #994 on: January 13, 2011, 09:15:24 am »
Lucas has been our most consistent player this season. Love his work rate and passion. Needs to be a bit more selfish and pull the trigger when he gets towards the box.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #995 on: January 13, 2011, 09:29:52 am »
I thought he was great yesterday, but as I posted on another thread, we spend 3 years converting him to a holding mid (with some pain along the way) and once he is playing really well as  a holding mid we ask him to start playing the way he did when he arrived!  I'm not complaining, Lucas will become a more complete midfielder, able to attack and defend, but it will take him time to adapt. 

Not sure who the bloke is but he also agrees with me:
Lucas Leiva was Liverpool's best performer on the night for me.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/new-feature-bradley-s-top-3

"Lucas got forward in support of the attack more than I've seen him do in a long, long time. He demonstrated exactly what he is - a box-to-box midfielder. There have been times in the past when he has been restricted in his role, but against Blackpool the shackles seemed to be off.

He was always positive when in possession and tried to create openings. He managed to get himself into good spaces and played a couple of really intelligent passes in the first half when Liverpool were on top - and even when things weren't going our way in the second half, he kept working hard.

Christian Poulsen sat in front of the back four and it seemed to allow Lucas to play more naturally. He got up and down the park really well, got into the penalty area and created chances. There was even an occasion in the second half when if he had not been back deep inside his own box to clear the ball away from DJ Campbell, Blackpool could have scored.

He looked brave and appeared though he really wanted to be a key member of the team, and that's really important."

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #996 on: January 13, 2011, 09:46:49 am »
Unfortunately there seems to be some right beauts commenting on the above story though

"Lucas is nowhere compared to even Charlie Adams"

"Lucas first? No way! Not top 3 yesterday at least. Raul M. did decent yesterday, and Torres played pretty well. Lucas was sloppy and is never consistent with his performances"

I really can't believe how many people still don't rate this lad  :butt
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline theblackhumor

• Anny Roader
  • oh boy.
« Reply #997 on: January 13, 2011, 09:49:58 am »
I thought he was alright, his pressing higher up actually won us a few chances yesterday. But unless we get better holding players I would want the lucas-raul partnership as our 1st choice.

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #998 on: January 13, 2011, 09:50:24 am »
If we keep Lucas, then we cant keep miereless or poulson. All of them are exactly the same kind of player, decent defense (lucas wins), decent attack(raul wins), one paced, no real power or drive.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #999 on: January 13, 2011, 09:52:19 am »
If we keep Lucas, then we cant keep miereless or poulson. All of them are exactly the same kind of player, decent defense (lucas wins), decent attack(raul wins), one paced, no real power or drive.

What? How exactly is Lucas 'the same kind of player' as Meireles? And how on earth are either or both of them 'the same kind of player' as Poulsen?
Ludi Circenses!