Author Topic: Curb Your Enthusiasm  (Read 178284 times)

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Curb Your Enthusiasm
« Reply #1960 on: February 29, 2024, 08:12:57 pm »
Can tell they were really great friends from watching the show, they really went at each other. Such warmth and chemistry in their scenes. Been watching some Richard Lewis clips back, this one is hilarious. You looked at her mole with a god damn telescope like Galileo jerkin' off from 40 feet away!

Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1961 on: February 29, 2024, 10:48:23 pm »
Aww, RIP.

One of my favourite Curb scenes:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/be8AWFHcvDU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/be8AWFHcvDU</a>
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1962 on: March 4, 2024, 04:43:51 pm »
Good episode this week, including some excellent Richard Lewis stuff, which was nice.

Is this the first episode not to have Jeff in it?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #1963 on: March 5, 2024, 12:47:49 pm »
I think the last episodes are works of a comedic genius. Brilliant.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1964 on: March 11, 2024, 07:37:11 pm »
 :) they certainly packed a lot into that episode. I love it so much.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1965 on: March 11, 2024, 08:07:52 pm »
It was another good one. Whoever said it’s going to Mirror the Seinfeld finale was spot on. It’s just a matter of whether it’s better (couldn’t be much worse, to be honest)

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1966 on: March 12, 2024, 03:09:48 pm »
All the smart humour, but I snorted at
Spoiler
a billboard with a massive cock on it
[close]
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1967 on: March 12, 2024, 08:26:48 pm »
Spoiler
[close]
:lmao Great episode.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1968 on: March 16, 2024, 06:03:05 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

You’ll get a kick out of this :D

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/real-curb-enthusiasm-billboard-l-230034257.html

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1969 on: March 19, 2024, 10:39:35 pm »
series 12 ep 7 😂
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1970 on: March 20, 2024, 08:21:54 am »
I actually think the majority of this season has been lazy and more sitcommy/dumbed down.

If you go back and watch season 1-9, it's just not as cleverly written, the improv isn't as smooth, the editing is off and obviously the actors are much older and don't seem to have the same energy.

Obviously it's lacking some key players (Funkhouser and RL, even though the latter was part of this last season, you feel he was used sparingly as he was in such poor health)

Vincent Vaughan is an odd choice as a replacement Funkhouser. For me, he's too big of a name to be playing a character, and not himself.

It's still watchable, sure, but like many shows, it's definitely gone on probably longer than it shoukd have done.

I did feel like when LD split up with Cheryl the show started to go downhill slightly (although the season in New York and the spite store season still had huge moments of quality). Every other season since that point has been average IMO but others may disagree.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1971 on: March 20, 2024, 08:32:13 am »
I actually think the majority of this season has been lazy and more sitcommy/dumbed down.

If you go back and watch season 1-9, it's just not as cleverly written, the improv isn't as smooth, the editing is off and obviously the actors are much older and don't seem to have the same energy.

Obviously it's lacking some key players (Funkhouser and RL, even though the latter was part of this last season, you feel he was used sparingly as he was in such poor health)

Vincent Vaughan is an odd choice as a replacement Funkhouser. For me, he's too big of a name to be playing a character, and not himself.

It's still watchable, sure, but like many shows, it's definitely gone on probably longer than it shoukd have done.

I did feel like when LD split up with Cheryl the show started to go downhill slightly (although the season in New York and the spite store season still had huge moments of quality). Every other season since that point has been average IMO but others may disagree.

The Seinfeld season 7 was very well done and 1-6 all great. Season 8 was still really good but a couple of flat episodes. 9 and 10 good but a bit of a drop off and could have left it there. Last season was flat, so hopefully a better finale this one.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1972 on: March 20, 2024, 08:40:56 am »
The Seinfeld season 7 was very well done and 1-6 all great. Season 8 was still really good but a couple of flat episodes. 9 and 10 good but a bit of a drop off and could have left it there. Last season was flat, so hopefully a better finale this one.

Seinfeld was actually only 9 seasons. Larry David left after Season 7. 8 and 9 were different and some episodes slightly average but overall the writing and quality was still always a solid 7 and above. Finale was mixed, though I don't think it's as bad as some make out.

I hope Curb can finish really strongly but so far this season there was maybe only 1 or 2 episodes I laughed at in parts.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1973 on: March 20, 2024, 11:10:26 am »
I've been working my way through CYE over the last 3-4 months so I think I am in a good position to comment on the quality through the years having just reached the end of Season 9 I think (the Fatwa season?).

Yes seasons 1-8 I think are definitely better and Season 9 was unquestionably not as good, but I did think the season got better as it went along and the final episode was as good as it has ever been. If S10-12 are as good as 9 I will be happy, especially the final few eps of S9. I also think the Fatwa stuff itself was as close to a "jumping the shark" moment as the show has had and it was by far the worst part of the season. But the final episode with F Murray Abraham was superb.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1974 on: March 20, 2024, 01:53:56 pm »
I've been working my way through CYE over the last 3-4 months so I think I am in a good position to comment on the quality through the years having just reached the end of Season 9 I think (the Fatwa season?).

Yes seasons 1-8 I think are definitely better and Season 9 was unquestionably not as good, but I did think the season got better as it went along and the final episode was as good as it has ever been. If S10-12 are as good as 9 I will be happy, especially the final few eps of S9. I also think the Fatwa stuff itself was as close to a "jumping the shark" moment as the show has had and it was by far the worst part of the season. But the final episode with F Murray Abraham was superb.

The fatwa season was the worst of the lot from memory. I've never rewatched it. In fact, I think I even skipped a few episodes that season.

10 is much better.

11 is largely poor and so far 12 has been. Again this is just my opinion.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1975 on: March 20, 2024, 02:16:08 pm »
Seinfeld was actually only 9 seasons. Larry David left after Season 7. 8 and 9 were different and some episodes slightly average but overall the writing and quality was still always a solid 7 and above. Finale was mixed, though I don't think it's as bad as some make out.

I hope Curb can finish really strongly but so far this season there was maybe only 1 or 2 episodes I laughed at in parts.

Was referring to Curb. I meant the Seinfeld reunion season (7) on Curb.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 02:17:57 pm by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1976 on: March 20, 2024, 07:10:50 pm »
After the first two poorer episodes, I think this season has been on the whole quite funny after a lower quality Season 11. The last three episodes have been really good.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 11:54:10 pm by Seebab »
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #1977 on: March 21, 2024, 04:38:07 pm »
Slow start to this last series but it has improved with each one. The cock and balls episode had some really funny scenes and I’ve watched that Leon scene in “disgruntled” several times.

Motherfuckeeeer! You ain’t no piss doctor, you’re an ass doctor. Curb at its best.

Just happy to watch one more series for the nuggets that make us laugh out loud. 🙌
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1978 on: March 21, 2024, 09:51:22 pm »
...but not in a bad way.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: April 3, 2024, 02:21:20 pm »
Terrible episode again and overall a terrible season.

Just really hope the finale can give it the send off it deserves.

Currently it's like GOT for me - one of the best ever series but I'll never rewatch this season and probably season 11 either.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1980 on: April 3, 2024, 02:32:08 pm »
Terrible episode again and overall a terrible season.

Just really hope the finale can give it the send off it deserves.

Currently it's like GOT for me - one of the best ever series but I'll never rewatch this season and probably season 11 either.
not seen this season yet, but I find it really strange you're watching something you are clearly hating and think is terrible?

if it's not even making you laugh a little, why bother watching a comedy? espeically when the episodes aren't that short. surely you're not watching it for the plot?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1981 on: April 3, 2024, 02:42:06 pm »
It's definitely below its peak but still a very enjoyable watch.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: April 3, 2024, 04:58:19 pm »
This thread reminds me of the scene in Shaun of the Dead when they look at The Second Coming.

“I like it.”

It’s Curb. It’s still better than almost any other comedy on, and it’s coming to a close. I’d like Larry’s BMI when I’m his age.

On a side note, does anybody have an unearthly wish to be more like Larry when watching the show? Selfish, devious, cranky - so counter intuitive to want to be like him!
« Last Edit: April 3, 2024, 05:01:38 pm by JamesG L4 »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1983 on: April 4, 2024, 03:45:30 pm »
not seen this season yet, but I find it really strange you're watching something you are clearly hating and think is terrible?

if it's not even making you laugh a little, why bother watching a comedy? espeically when the episodes aren't that short. surely you're not watching it for the plot?

Watching out of loyalty really. Its like a book series of 10 books where you loved the first 8. I'd still read the last two even if I knew they were poor 100 pages in.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1984 on: April 4, 2024, 04:32:01 pm »
Watching out of loyalty really. Its like a book series of 10 books where you loved the first 8. I'd still read the last two even if I knew they were poor 100 pages in.
fair play really!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JZGEctr6akY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JZGEctr6akY</a>

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1985 on: April 7, 2024, 10:25:03 pm »
You mean to tell me a TV show isn’t as good as it used to be after 12 seasons and 24 years? Impossible!

So what are the predictions for the ending? I say he’s going to go to jail in a nice middle finger to Seinfeld finale haters, while my wife thinks he’ll die and nobody will bother with a funeral. Outside shot: the public goodwill generated by his ‘stand’ gets him elected president.

Really though, it’s nice to watch a series finale where I do t actually give a damn what happens, for once.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1986 on: April 8, 2024, 02:51:41 pm »
Thought that was about as good as it could have been. Liked it a lot.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #1987 on: April 8, 2024, 02:52:22 pm »
Larry David was on the Smartless pod this week. There's early access via Prime or Wondery but if you don't have that, it'll be on the other outlets next Monday.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1988 on: April 8, 2024, 04:00:56 pm »
I enjoyed it. It was about the same as rest of the season, decent, with some great moments. Definitely better than the Seinfeld finale and the cameo by

Spoiler
Jerry
[close]

Was the highlight.

It does make me want to watch the whole series again!

The season was much better than last season, I’d say. But I also didn’t care for the The Producers season, so what do I know?
« Last Edit: April 8, 2024, 04:02:57 pm by Brian Blessed »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1989 on: April 8, 2024, 04:23:04 pm »
Very good stuff. Leon talking about Seinfeld was best thing and the crutches conversation with Larry ;D

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1990 on: April 9, 2024, 11:19:29 am »
Finale called 'No Lessons Learned' when the Seinfeld mantra was 'No Hugging, No Learning'.

I actually really enjoyed how they wrapped it all up.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1991 on: April 9, 2024, 06:23:21 pm »
I actually enjoyed the finale for the most part (see previous posts about how I thought the season was poor overall)

Spoiler

Things I liked:

All of Jerry's appearances.

Some of the returning guests (the little girl with the doll!)

Larry and the fly

Suitable closing scene with a nice twist.

Things I disliked:

Susie in the wheelchair (seemed out of character)

Clips shows (seems lazy)

Not enough Jeff

Hank from Breaking Bad is too big a name to not play himself IMO - felt jarring.

[close]

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1992 on: April 9, 2024, 06:33:29 pm »
On your last point…his accent was terrible.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1993 on: April 9, 2024, 09:45:28 pm »
Nah, not having Dean Norris as a big name  ;D I mean Bryan Cranston himself played a psychiatrist on the show, no issue with Hank playing a character.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1994 on: April 11, 2024, 05:47:06 am »
I did start the series again, and I forgot that in the first episode Larry has a run-in with Richard Lewis’ gf, before Larry knows its Richards gf, because she won’t let him in.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1995 on: April 16, 2024, 08:33:35 am »
https://pca.st/3se8hct8 Larry on this weeks SmartLess :)