Author Topic: Raheem Sterling  (Read 346777 times)

Offline psycllone

• Main Stander
  • Neo, its about time you free your mind.
Re: Raheem Sterling
« Reply #3280 on: February 22, 2013, 01:37:56 am »
Down the pecking order for me after Assaidi's brilliant cameo tonight. But nevertheless he's just 18, needs to go back to playing for the reserves to gain back some confidence imo.
Your intelligence is my common sense.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #3281 on: February 22, 2013, 01:39:55 am »
Weird hair, runs funny and wears Old Spice.

Need I say anymore?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Luke_The_Red

• Boys Pen
  • Walk On.
« Reply #3282 on: February 22, 2013, 03:56:49 pm »
I think he needs to become stronger, he seems too sight and easily forced off the ball.

Send him out on loan to a championship side where he'll have to deal with a much more physical style of game I think is a good shout.
“Of course I didn’t take my wife to see Rochdale as an anniversary present, it was her birthday. Would I have got married in the football season? Anyway, it was Rochdale reserves."

Bill Shankly

Offline Lucas DuoFlush

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Poulsy back!
« Reply #3283 on: February 22, 2013, 04:03:11 pm »
Weird hair, runs funny and wears Old Spice.

Need I say anymore?

New Macca?
"Bos non modo animal, sed etiam mater" Lordanem Henderson

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #3284 on: February 22, 2013, 04:04:59 pm »
He does have an off the pitch concern at the moment doesn't he?
He was playing out of his skin to earn a contract for us, now the hard work really starts. He's a very young player who's had an emotional rollercoaster of a season. He has played an awful lot of games against much bigger defenders then he's used to. Maybe he's faded a little of late but others have stepped up a little too. Im happy with his progress overall and excited about his future with us.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #3285 on: February 22, 2013, 04:53:40 pm »
It's almost as if a (pending?) child birth, court case, and the natural inconsistencies of being a teenager playing for a massive club have contributed to his form tailing off.

Get rid.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3286 on: February 22, 2013, 04:56:41 pm »
He's flopping since he signed the contract

I think in a weird way, we got lucky with that.
The rumours were that he was getting frustrated with not getting chances in the 1st team. If we'd had enough cover this year, he may not have gotten the playing time he did and so might not have signed the new contract.

His form may have dipped since, but now we have a few years grace to handle his development properly.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3287 on: February 22, 2013, 04:58:23 pm »
He's a little off form.

Bugger all to worry about.

Offline cox3100

• Would love to congratulate Siralex.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • justice for the 96
« Reply #3288 on: February 22, 2013, 05:26:28 pm »
He's a little off form.

Bugger all to worry about.
hes a lot off form.

But still nothing to worry about.

Only 18,first full season,new contract(a hell of a lot more money),new child(?) the kid still has a huge future ahead of him

Offline G1 Jockey 4(betfair)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3289 on: February 22, 2013, 05:26:55 pm »
defenders wont let him get a free run anymore.

simple as that.

now he has to develop his game.

understanding and first touch is the main areas
probl;em is if you are struggling with your best parts of your game its gonna be harder to work on the other parts.
Freedom of Speech unless you get shouted down and abused by the in-crowd.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #3290 on: February 22, 2013, 05:40:13 pm »
You can add Cristiano Ronaldo to that who at Sterling's stage of his career was being told he had no end product and was flattering to deceive by the inbreds who frequent Old Trafford.

Yup, but Ronaldo had the skill, pace and a bit of power back then too. This isn't a criticism of RS, but just saying although Ronaldo didn't have end product he had more in his locker
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Carlos: Very Kickable

• Pompous Twat. Scourge of Pinko Liberalism. Attitude to Cyan Conservatism is unclear. Lives in a Monochrome world and is baffled by colours.
  • Legacy Fan
  • As Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus would say...
« Reply #3291 on: February 22, 2013, 05:45:39 pm »
We need to protect him more - he needs time away from matches actually learning technique in training.

At this stage, throwing him on all the time is ingraining his habits rather than helping him to improve his game.
I know you struggle with reading comprehension Carlitos, but do try to pay attention

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
« Reply #3292 on: February 22, 2013, 05:47:01 pm »
It's almost as if a (pending?) child birth, court case, and the natural inconsistencies of being a teenager playing for a massive club have contributed to his form tailing off.

Get rid.

Mate... Why would you talk sense in this gaff?

*                         *                           *                            *                         *

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3293 on: February 23, 2013, 01:06:16 am »
You can add Cristiano Ronaldo to that who at Sterling's stage of his career was being told he had no end product and was flattering to deceive by the inbreds who frequent Old Trafford.

Sorry Al, but are you comparing Cristiano Ronaldo with Sterling ?  Like seriously ?  Ronaldo was a special player and you could see that from the first time he kicked a ball.  I don't think Sterling is anywhere near level despite being a good prospect. 

The hyperbole about him being a potential world beater doesn't help at all I'm afraid.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #3294 on: February 23, 2013, 01:13:46 am »
Think we should do an Ngoo and look to loan him to a Scottish team, will do him and his confidence the world of good.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline kneeys

• We know the TRUTH,now give them JUSTICE.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Around long enough to know better...
« Reply #3295 on: February 23, 2013, 01:35:46 am »
Think we should do an Ngoo and look to loan him to a Scottish team, will do him and his confidence the world of good.
I think Ngoo has a natural advantage as his name sounds Scottish ,Sterling's on the other hand just sounds English which
would be a disadvantage when playing north of the border. ;)
Sterling needs to be nurtured by the club and given the support and coaching to develop his game and fulfil his potential. 
The s*n so full of shit you could not even use it to wipe your arse

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3296 on: February 23, 2013, 01:57:57 am »
He was at the Liverpool Mags Court today I think. It's understandable at the age of 18 how he might be a bit distracted with all that's going on.

What is still not being recognised in Sterling is what has always for me been the real strength in his game, his off the ball runs. Both the goals he has scored this season have been very similar and have been from him timing runs in between full back and centre backs. It's the best part of his game.

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #3297 on: February 23, 2013, 01:56:56 pm »
Sorry Al, but are you comparing Cristiano Ronaldo with Sterling ?  Like seriously ?  Ronaldo was a special player and you could see that from the first time he kicked a ball.  I don't think Sterling is anywhere near level despite being a good prospect. 

The hyperbole about him being a potential world beater doesn't help at all I'm afraid.

I think youre just looking to hard for hyperbole and turning posts that arent into it.

I think he was trying too point out merely that at this age its not too much of a worry that a player doesn't have end product as when they get older it will get better.. He was just using ronaldo as an example off this, not saying sterling is as good as ronaldo.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3298 on: February 24, 2013, 12:58:25 am »
I think Ngoo has a natural advantage as his name sounds Scottish ,Sterling's on the other hand just sounds English which
would be a disadvantage when playing north of the border. ;)

http://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/

I beg to differ...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #3299 on: February 24, 2013, 10:04:25 am »
For a player that has just turned 18, 10 mins here and there is more than 99% would get. He's progressing and any game time will build him as a player. Disagree to sending him out on loan. We need him here, and he has a part to play in the 1stvteam.

Offline T.Mills

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3300 on: February 24, 2013, 01:13:35 pm »
Said it before and ill say it again....He needs to go out on loan next season, there wil be plenty of takers so we will have our pic of a few decent teams imo.