Author Topic: Deadwood  (Read 30915 times)

Offline matlfc

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Deadwood
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2015, 10:01:35 am »
Variety -

A spokesman for HBO confirmed to Variety that “very preliminary discussions” have been made to resurrect the Western series with a movie, though it’s unclear how serious the premium channel is about the pic.

Deadline say the talks are about a small screen movie to air on HBO.

Praying to Jebus this happens.

“I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please make this happen Superman!”
They mostly come out at night, mostly.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2015, 10:10:27 am »
if it gets the manc twat McShane off Ray Donovan I hope it happens ..... stinking up my screen more personality in a pot noodle

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #162 on: August 13, 2015, 10:32:20 am »

“I'm not normally a praying man, but if you're up there, please make this happen Superman!”

;D

Indeed. Infuckingdeed. This is the sort of thing that makes a mongoose swoon.

Dear Jesus and Buddha,

You've worked together before, when you invented air conditioning and roller skating and boobs and Star Wars figures and those Doritos tacos from Taco Bell, not to mention when you gave the perfect song "I Melt With You" to the otherwise anonymous band Modern English. I'm asking the pair of you  to once again come together and get this "Deadwood" movie off the ground. I'm pretty sure the original series was your idea and you loaned it to Mr. Milch, so I am preaching to the choir, as it were, but any help in this would be appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Mitch
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #163 on: August 13, 2015, 05:43:28 pm »
it is good news, but i really wanted to see all those open storylines resolved.  instead we'll likely get a 'fifteen years on' style thing, which is a long time in a frontier town.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: February 25, 2016, 11:30:13 am »
It was a throwaway comment in a article about the money issues the creator is having but they are making a two hour special?

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #167 on: February 25, 2016, 12:37:35 pm »
It was a throwaway comment in a article about the money issues the creator is having but they are making a two hour special?

http://tvline.com/2016/01/07/deadwood-movie-reunion-hbo-premiere-date/

i am ludicrously excited about this :D
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 25, 2016, 01:00:53 pm »

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 25, 2016, 01:08:30 pm »
http://tvline.com/2016/01/07/deadwood-movie-reunion-hbo-premiere-date/

i am ludicrously excited about this :D

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #170 on: February 25, 2016, 02:50:33 pm »
It's great, isn't it? In other cases, I might have been worried despite having ended without full closure but in Milch we trust.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #171 on: August 3, 2016, 02:35:31 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #172 on: August 3, 2016, 02:41:20 pm »
Hey Cocksuckers,

Have a look in here and cast your votes.....

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329263.0

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329262.0

...or be fucked ;D ;D ;D :wave
Fuck off!!  ;D

Had visions of  movie news when I saw the bump...

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #174 on: August 3, 2016, 02:52:47 pm »
:champ :hally :champ :thumbup :scarf :hally :champ :thumbup :wellin :hally :champ
For the montage alone, it was worth my vote. ;)

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: August 3, 2016, 03:11:03 pm »
For the montage alone, it was worth my vote. ;)

Cheers bestie  :thumbup ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: August 3, 2016, 03:23:54 pm »

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: August 3, 2016, 10:32:14 pm »
:no

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #179 on: August 3, 2016, 10:42:34 pm »
Is this really on the level about DeadWood?

:)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #180 on: August 4, 2016, 10:44:08 am »
Worst series ever.

From what I've read about the West, most innacurate and the swearing was tiresome. Might work on people that don't swear much maybe? But not really shocking if you live in the North of England.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: August 4, 2016, 10:52:46 am »
Worst series ever.
Do you just say these things for the reaction?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #182 on: August 4, 2016, 10:57:31 am »

No I just don't think it was that good. Would have suited a Space setting more I think, a rogue settlement on the edge of space.

There were just too many things if you knew the slightest thing about the 'Wild West' that were so out of kilter and just so wrong that it made it unwatchable.

If those inaccuracies hadn't been present then I'd have enjoyed it more. A space setting would have suited it because it would have been setting a new setting, not displacing an old one with horrific inaccuracies.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: August 4, 2016, 11:12:45 am »
No I just don't think it was that good. Would have suited a Space setting more I think, a rogue settlement on the edge of space.

There were just too many things if you knew the slightest thing about the 'Wild West' that were so out of kilter and just so wrong that it made it unwatchable.

If those inaccuracies hadn't been present then I'd have enjoyed it more. A space setting would have suited it because it would have been setting a new setting, not displacing an old one with horrific inaccuracies.
I wonder if, in time, people will look back on Coronation Street or Eastenders and consider them dramatically flawed works of fiction due to historical inaccuracies? Only time will tell I suppose ::)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #184 on: August 4, 2016, 11:25:53 am »
Why did you take the bait...you should know better la.

Worst series ever...

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: August 4, 2016, 11:26:23 am »

I usually take your outrageous posts with a laugh, but you've truly gone round the bend with this one. Give your head a wobble, Andy. Who said that this was documentary in nature? It's a fictional series. Are they meant to set the show in the latter part of the 16th Century because they use Shakespearean dialogue?

"Worst series ever." You have to fucking laugh.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: August 4, 2016, 11:27:56 am »
Why did you take the bait...you should know better la.

Worst series ever...

I did it too, I couldn't help it. The bait stinks like scrotal man sweat.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 4, 2016, 11:28:45 am »
Worst series ever.
If that's really your opinion then it's absurd.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #188 on: August 4, 2016, 11:30:49 am »
I usually take your outrageous posts with a laugh, but you've truly gone round the bend with this one. Give your head a wobble, Andy. Who said that this was documentary in nature? It's a fictional series. Are they meant to set the show in the latter part of the 16th Century because they use Shakespearean dialogue?

"Worst series ever." You have to fucking laugh.
And here we go...don't rise to it.

Offline Wigwamdelbert

• Well wickidd, innit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: August 4, 2016, 11:43:38 am »
I wonder if, in time, people will look back on Coronation Street or Eastenders and consider them dramatically flawed works of fiction due to historical inaccuracies? Only time will tell I suppose ::)
No, Manchester and London really are that backward
Every man has a dream

Some just can't be spoken of in polite company

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: August 4, 2016, 11:53:57 am »
Worst series ever.

From what I've read about the West, most innacurate and the swearing was tiresome. Might work on people that don't swear much maybe? But not really shocking if you live in the North of England.

get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #191 on: August 4, 2016, 12:01:26 pm »
Is this really on the level about DeadWood?

I'll ask again

Is this really on the level about Deadwood's return in film version?

Perhaps there's someone with the basic fucking manners to respond to an earnest request instead of rising to Andy's blatant wind up attempt.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #192 on: August 4, 2016, 12:05:58 pm »
I'll ask again

Is this really on the level about Deadwood's return in film version?

Perhaps there's someone with the fucking manners to respond to an earnest request instead of rising to Andy's blatant wind up attempt.

Sorry la, I meant to answer you before...then I saw that post  According to HBO, Milch is working on a script for Deadwood.

“David is writing the script. We haven’t read it yet…I imagine it will be very good,” is how Bloys responded to questions about the return of the beloved Western series. And though he wouldn’t outright commit to a green light for the movie, he said that he “feels good” about the project and is impatient to read what Milch has been writing.

That was few days ago...so..

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #193 on: August 4, 2016, 12:12:00 pm »
Sorry la, I meant to answer you before...then I saw that post  According to HBO, Milch is working on a script for Deadwood.

“David is writing the script. We haven’t read it yet…I imagine it will be very good,” is how Bloys responded to questions about the return of the beloved Western series. And though he wouldn’t outright commit to a green light for the movie, he said that he “feels good” about the project and is impatient to read what Milch has been writing.

That was few days ago...so..

Cheers Dave lad.

Got to say, if this really does come to something it'll be amazing after seeming for so long to be dead[wood] and buried. It's not only great from the point of view of bringing the thing to a proper constructed finish but means that it'll be the green light to go right through the series again from the start. Which we might just do anyroad now. Really chuffed. Fingers crossed it's not another of these false dawns mate.

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 4, 2016, 12:20:04 pm »
Cheers Dave lad.

Got to say, if this really does come to something it'll be amazing after seeming for so long to be dead[wood] and buried. It's not only great from the point of view of bringing the thing to a proper constructed finish but means that it'll be the green light to go right through the series again from the start. Which we might just do anyroad now. Really chuffed. Fingers crossed it's not another of these false dawns mate.

I've been on the verge of a re-watch for ages, mate - I just keep finding new things to watch, but I'll do it soon, as I've only ever watched it the one time. I imagine we'll discover a load of goodies tucked into those genius scripts we missed the first time through. I'd be chuffed to smithereens if they did that film.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #195 on: August 4, 2016, 12:44:06 pm »
I've been on the verge of a re-watch for ages, mate - I just keep finding new things to watch, but I'll do it soon, as I've only ever watched it the one time. I imagine we'll discover a load of goodies tucked into those genius scripts we missed the first time through. I'd be chuffed to smithereens if they did that film.

I agree Mongo. If i'm being honest I'm sure i must have missed loads of little gems - most of the time whilst in hysterics at Al Sw!!!

BTW - don't suppose you can remember from a few years ago what that phrase was that I praised you about when I was pushing the fact we'd failed so miserably to sign the fast mobile forward to replace Luis. You encapsulated it all in a single term. I'm fucked if i can recall it now but i just know it was a cracker and i loved it at the time. Still do - I just can't recall what it was!!

;D

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 4, 2016, 01:24:01 pm »
I agree Mongo. If i'm being honest I'm sure i must have missed loads of little gems - most of the time whilst in hysterics at Al Sw!!!

BTW - don't suppose you can remember from a few years ago what that phrase was that I praised you about when I was pushing the fact we'd failed so miserably to sign the fast mobile forward to replace Luis. You encapsulated it all in a single term. I'm fucked if i can recall it now but i just know it was a cracker and i loved it at the time. Still do - I just can't recall what it was!!

;D

"You've been on this for 9 months now and I've been right behind you every step of the way. I would be lying if I said I had no new-found doubts about Brendan after the past several months, but there's also no need for me to add my 2 pence to the cacophony on that score.

Looking at that team that drunkenly stumbled into sixth place and trying to evaluate much of anything is a fool's errand. It was a patchwork of pieces stitched together, taken out, and stitched into a different pattern again and again - all the while missing a third of the picture. We had no functioning strikers to call on. None. That's not a football team - that's, at best, 10/11ths of a football team. In short, a miasma."

:wave

(You're too kind by more than half, though  ;) )

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 4, 2016, 02:07:09 pm »
You're too kind by more than half, though ;)
I concur! A load of shite!

Offline red mongoose

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: August 4, 2016, 02:25:48 pm »
I concur! A load of shite!

Pot says to Kettle "Mate, you're black!"

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 4, 2016, 02:48:25 pm »
Pot says to Kettle "Mate, you're black!"
Racist!