Author Topic: The RAWK Film Thread  (Read 3472558 times)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: The RAWK Film Thread
« Reply #45240 on: April 16, 2017, 06:04:47 pm »
I wish I had that much free time

20 min chunks not too bad :P

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #45241 on: April 16, 2017, 06:27:18 pm »
In need for some laughs, any comedies you can recommend gents?

Rewatched 'Grosse Pointe Blank' again recently. Still a superb comedy if you've never caught it.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45242 on: April 16, 2017, 07:25:12 pm »
No one else underwhelmed by Logan?

It was good, but the way it had been hyped, I was expecting great.
It's Marvel. Marvel films never meet the hype. Logan is a film that should have happened 10 years ago. At least then we'd have gotten to see Wolverine in the way he was supposed to be, and we wouldn't have extreme schlock shite like X-Men Origins. Logan went against the grain, when it really shouldn't have to have been looked at in that way.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #45243 on: April 16, 2017, 08:11:09 pm »
The Hatton Garden Job 2017 HDRip XViD-ETRG

Just appeared in the usual places..  8)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #45244 on: April 17, 2017, 12:53:09 am »
Fast8 - awful, worst of the series

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #45245 on: April 17, 2017, 03:31:04 pm »
Have steered clear of the new Star Trek, but I'm watching it now, and I now know I should have.

I really don't like them at all.  :o
Continually on 11,420.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45246 on: April 18, 2017, 01:50:44 pm »
Just watched 'I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore'.

It's bloody great. It's written and directed by Macon Blair - who had a role in Green Room; which I know is rated around here. He was also the lead in 'Blue Ruin' - another of Jeremy Saulnier's films which is great.

The influence of Green Room and Blue Ruin can be seen here. But it is its own film. It's very funny. Bounds along at a great pace. Keeps you guessing. And subverts some tropes nicely.

And it's on Netflix. Give it a watch.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 01:52:59 pm by gerrardsarmy »
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #45247 on: April 18, 2017, 02:19:52 pm »
Finally got round to watching 'I, Daniel Blake..' at the weekend. Powerful and thought provoking stuff with typically great performances but fuck me it's bleak!

It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #45248 on: April 18, 2017, 05:48:02 pm »

It's bloody great. It's written and directed by Macon Blair - who had a role in Green Room; which I know is rated around here. He was also the lead in 'Blue Ruin' - another of Jeremy Saulnier's films which is great.

The influence of Green Room and Blue Ruin can be seen here. But it is its own film. It's very funny. Bounds along at a great pace. Keeps you guessing. And subverts some tropes nicely.

Did, a few back, loved it. It got lauded when it was shown at Sundance and won the Grand Jury Prize. A boss little film.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #45249 on: April 18, 2017, 11:09:47 pm »

Thanks for that

Great movie, didn't realise it was Frodo til near the end

Really enjoyable watch
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #45250 on: April 18, 2017, 11:14:28 pm »

I watched Green Room last week and then Blue Ruin the day after.

I'll give this film a go sometime this week.

I was going to to watch "The Age Of Shadows"

Switched it off after a minute of dialogue as its dubbed with cheesy American accents. ::)

I'll wait for a version with subtitles.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #45251 on: April 19, 2017, 09:39:55 am »
F&F Bingo! Made me giggle! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #45252 on: April 19, 2017, 10:01:01 am »
Finally got round to watching 'I, Daniel Blake..' at the weekend. Powerful and thought provoking stuff with typically great performances but fuck me it's bleak!

It's wonderful. Easily one of the best that have been out this year and personally for its message, considering the state of the world and politics, puts it right at the top.

Now I'm worked up cause I remembered a Tory c*nt complaining about Loach's speech after receiving his Bafta (?) award.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45253 on: April 19, 2017, 10:13:47 am »

:lmao

"Establishing shot of instantly recognisable world city with name of City in huge letters"

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45254 on: April 19, 2017, 10:20:21 am »
I'm still struggling to understand why these movies are so popular. They are an easy watch but for the new one to have the highest opening weekend of all time just does not compute.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45255 on: April 19, 2017, 10:29:46 am »
I'm still struggling to understand why these movies are so popular. They are an easy watch but for the new one to have the highest opening weekend of all time just does not compute.
Puberty? ;D ;D ;D ;D

There was literally nothing else for it to compete with out at the minute and the world is full of fucking morons ::) ;) ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45256 on: April 19, 2017, 12:24:51 pm »
Maybe I've a weird sense of humour, but I sat pissing myself laughing reading those. Must be because they are all true.

Online IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #45257 on: April 19, 2017, 01:27:05 pm »
Watched Hell or High Water a few days ago.  Was expecting great things after reviews on here and elsewhere, but it was very underwhelming.  It was ok, nothing more than that - pretty forumulaic plot, decent acting and cinematography, but nothing hugely memorable! I'm struggling to see why it's so highly rated - what am I missing?

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45258 on: April 19, 2017, 03:13:13 pm »
I could have entirely the fucking wrong end of the stick here but....

The Unchartered film is set to be released in the 30th of June but there's fuck all info out there about it. Genuinely don't understand, does anyone know who's playing Drake yet?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #45259 on: April 19, 2017, 03:36:04 pm »

The Unchartered film is set to be released in the 30th of June but there's fuck all info out there about it. Genuinely don't understand, does anyone know who's playing Drake yet?

No one at Naughty Dog has read the script. No idea what the movie is about let alone its tone. https://t.co/lc64Pevqyk

— Neil Druckmann (@Neil_Druckmann) February 23, 2017

The script was only finalised in January and they haven't even begun filming or casting yet.
:D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45260 on: April 19, 2017, 03:57:21 pm »
No one at Naughty Dog has read the script. No idea what the movie is about let alone its tone. https://t.co/lc64Pevqyk

— Neil Druckmann (@Neil_Druckmann) February 23, 2017

The script was only finalised in January and they haven't even begun filming or casting yet.
How the fuck can they have a release date for it then? All seems very fucking odd indeed. Probs end up being another huge fucking turkey just like Assassins Creed anyway. The director they have on board did Smokin' Aces and The A Team, hardly a fucking glowing recommendation!

Fuck! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45261 on: April 19, 2017, 04:08:32 pm »
How the fuck can they have a release date for it then? All seems very fucking odd indeed. Probs end up being another huge fucking turkey just like Assassins Creed anyway. The director they have on board did Smokin' Aces and The A Team, hardly a fucking glowing recommendation!

Fuck! ;D ;D ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #45262 on: April 19, 2017, 04:08:53 pm »

I take it this is more shite based on a game?

The release date was was set back in 15...that's why.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 04:10:36 pm by dave 5516 »

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45263 on: April 19, 2017, 04:11:07 pm »
I take it this is more shite based on a game?
Yeah. So you know it's going to be a bit shite.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #45264 on: April 19, 2017, 04:11:57 pm »
Yeah. So you know it's going to be a bit shite.
I watched Assassins Creed...I'll say no more.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #45265 on: April 19, 2017, 04:12:37 pm »

December 31 2017...so expect to see next year... ;D

Is this it?

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45266 on: April 19, 2017, 05:43:53 pm »
December 31 2017...so expect to see next year... ;D

Is this it?

That's the one.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #45267 on: April 19, 2017, 07:23:15 pm »
That's the one.
Can hardly wait...

It reminded me of the shite that was this.....

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45268 on: April 20, 2017, 01:44:18 pm »
Spotted the Russian avengers/suicide squad clone in out and about shaking it's wares!

The Guardians
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4600952/
During the Cold War, an organization called "Patriot" created a super-hero squad, which includes members of multiple soviet republics. For years, the heroes had to hide their identities, but in hard times they must show themselves again.

Had a little look at it last night, shit subs and not the best picture, but fuck me it was bad! Hoping it might be so bad it's good...a bit like Spawn...will wait for a better copy then try again ;D ;D ;D

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45269 on: April 20, 2017, 02:18:58 pm »
Spotted the Russian avengers/suicide squad clone in out and about shaking it's wares!

The Guardians
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4600952/
During the Cold War, an organization called "Patriot" created a super-hero squad, which includes members of multiple soviet republics. For years, the heroes had to hide their identities, but in hard times they must show themselves again.

Had a little look at it last night, shit subs and not the best picture, but fuck me it was bad! Hoping it might be so bad it's good...a bit like Spawn...will wait for a better copy then try again ;D ;D ;D
I saw this listed here the other day.

http://yify.tv/watch-the-guardians-online-free-yify/

Just had a gander at it,the picture is okay,if you do plan on watching it here press the CC button for the subtitles.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45270 on: April 20, 2017, 02:42:18 pm »
Watched yesterday The Keeper of Lost Causes. Those types of films now are difficult to wow you cause we have seen shitloads of them. Still a decent watch as was the background of the story and the story itself.

Part of a trilogy...they're all available. Look for The Absent One and then A Conspiracy Of Faith.

'Department Q' Trilogy Just been repeated on good old BBC4

I'm halfway through the first one: 'Keeper Of Lost causes' and had to come back to work.  I can't wait for 17:30 to watch the second half.

At the moment Danish Crime thrillers have taken over Swedish but its a close call.

Will be steaming though the rest of these before the weeks out. :)

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #45271 on: April 20, 2017, 02:56:37 pm »

I'm halfway through the first one: 'Keeper Of Lost causes' and had to come back to work.  I can't wait for 17:30 to watch the second half.

At the moment Danish Crime thrillers have taken over Swedish but its a close call.

Will be steaming though the rest of these before the weeks out. :)
The third one I saw lately was a massive improvement from the disappointment of the second one. Good acting by one of the leading actors, decent plot although not a whodunit, maybe the religious element was too on the nose in a couple of occasions.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45272 on: April 20, 2017, 02:59:14 pm »

Blurring the lines between film and telly here, I'm confused ;D

I watched Keeper of Lost Causes, has ruined my week as I was up too late early hours of Tuesday thanks to this.

Still won't learn as I'm planning on watching another tonight ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45273 on: April 20, 2017, 04:07:00 pm »
Blurring the lines between film and telly here, I'm confused ;D

Yeah true. I didn't know if my search would show up in the TV or Film thread.

They are feature length episodes so either is good I suppose :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45274 on: April 20, 2017, 06:50:43 pm »
Just Finished 'Keepr of lost causes'

Film or TV it's still a fucking brilliant piece of work. Tense as fuck and as usual from a Scandie thriller it's brooding and beautiful to look at.  They have a knack of making the bleakest and most ordinary of locations look interesting.

Spoiler
The sequence towards the end which depicted the car crash and how Lars life panned out after was amazingly shot
[close]

Really impressed with it.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45275 on: April 21, 2017, 12:35:25 pm »
Finally watched Logan. Loved it but man that rocked me.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45276 on: April 21, 2017, 01:27:27 pm »
For anyone half arsed, Rings is available in all major outlets :wave

Rings (2017)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498381/
A young woman finds herself on the receiving end of a terrifying curse that threatens to take her life in seven days.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45277 on: April 21, 2017, 05:50:09 pm »
For anyone half arsed, Rings is available in all major outlets :wave

Rings (2017)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0498381/
A young woman finds herself on the receiving end of a terrifying curse that threatens to take her life in seven days.

It sucked.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #45278 on: April 21, 2017, 06:43:23 pm »
Logan....good movie but was there really any need to make it so depressing?.....I know Jackman wanted out, but it felt at times like a big two fingered fuckoff to the fans of the franchise.....enjoyed it for all its bleakness, but to be honest i was relieved when it was over
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45279 on: April 21, 2017, 06:53:50 pm »
Sand Castle
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2582576/?ref_=nv_sr_1

New from Netflix released today, really good watch. Quite a few known faces in it aswell.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.