Author Topic: Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker / The Mandalorian / The Clone Wars  (Read 227014 times)

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Star Wars: Rogue One / Rebels / Episode 8 / Han Solo
« Reply #320 on: February 23, 2017, 10:12:58 pm »
I'd need proper convincing to go watch this.  Unlike the other two films I can't see this adding anything to the Star Wars universe.  But I'm happy to get to pick and choose which SW films I get to see now.  TFA was decent enough and Rogue One was (for me) epic.

The only reason I might watch this is if they did movie versions of the Han Solo novels but I doubt this will be anywhere near close.

Yeah, not sure what they can do with this one really. It's not connected to the main saga, there won't be any Jedi, presumably the Empire will only be there in the background, it's difficult to see what huge challenge or threat they have to overcome, and we know the main three characters will all survive. But, people seem to rate the directors and it's co-written by Lawrence Kasdan, so maybe it'll be decent. Presumably it'll have more of a comedy vibe to it than Rogue One. Still set for release in May 2018, only 5 months after Episode 8, which is a bit weird.

In other news, rumours that they might finally be releasing the unaltered versions of the Original Trilogy on DVD / Blu Ray:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/02/rumor-unaltered-original-star-wars-trilogy-re-released-year/

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #321 on: February 23, 2017, 10:17:11 pm »
If they are exploring new genres, it could be a crime caper.  Thank Ant Man in the MCU.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: February 23, 2017, 10:31:21 pm »
If they are exploring new genres, it could be a crime caper.  Thank Ant Man in the MCU.

Yeah I think that's what they'll go for. Could be fun, but the characters and script will have to be spot on to make up for the absence of most of the things you usually see in Star Wars films.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 10:33:27 pm by Rob Dylan »

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: February 24, 2017, 08:34:11 am »
Yeah, not sure what they can do with this one really. It's not connected to the main saga, there won't be any Jedi, presumably the Empire will only be there in the background, it's difficult to see what huge challenge or threat they have to overcome, and we know the main three characters will all survive. But, people seem to rate the directors and it's co-written by Lawrence Kasdan, so maybe it'll be decent. Presumably it'll have more of a comedy vibe to it than Rogue One. Still set for release in May 2018, only 5 months after Episode 8, which is a bit weird.

In other news, rumours that they might finally be releasing the unaltered versions of the Original Trilogy on DVD / Blu Ray:

http://makingstarwars.net/2017/02/rumor-unaltered-original-star-wars-trilogy-re-released-year/

The prequels were released in May, but beyond that I agree the timing is odd.  For me it suggests they already think this film wont do so good and want to get it out before the summer blockbusters roll that year.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: February 24, 2017, 08:44:13 am »
Episode 8 was originally slated for May this year, before being moved back for a Christmas release.

I wouldnt be surprised if they moved it there too, they crush everything else at that time of year and Ep 9 wouldnt be out till the year after. TFA was december, Rogue One was december, The Last Jedi is december. December is Star Wars time.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: February 24, 2017, 08:47:55 am »

Was always bullshit the claim from George that he edited the original film so the un-edited version is gone. I'll be buying the box set when they release it, no more 2 foot long Han Solo neck or ridiculous songs
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #326 on: February 24, 2017, 12:24:19 pm »
I'd need proper convincing to go watch this.  Unlike the other two films I can't see this adding anything to the Star Wars universe.  But I'm happy to get to pick and choose which SW films I get to see now.  TFA was decent enough and Rogue One was (for me) epic.

The only reason I might watch this is if they did movie versions of the Han Solo novels but I doubt this will be anywhere near close.

The Gunslinger/Scoundrel (which Han Solo is a prototype of) story arch in Star Wars: The Old Republic was in my view really really good, funny, and interesting. I doubt the notion that they couldn't write an entertaining film here, and the nostalgia factor is already a given.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: February 26, 2017, 08:44:59 pm »
The prequels were released in May, but beyond that I agree the timing is odd.  For me it suggests they already think this film wont do so good and want to get it out before the summer blockbusters roll that year.

Early May has always been the prime Blockbuster release date in America for the last 40 years. Think it's roughly around then schools in America break up for the Summer. It's no surprise Marvel have moved their big release of the past few years into that spot.

As people have said both episode 7 and 8 (and I think 9) have all initially been slated for early May only to move when they've entered production. I imagine Han Solo and episode 9 will both move to Christmas releases as it makes the marketing cycles for each film to lap perfectly with each other.

The guys involved in the new film have made some great films recently so I'm really looking forward to this despite my initial misgivings about the project.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #328 on: April 11, 2017, 03:30:24 pm »
Celebration Orlando starts Thursday, so hopefully we'll get a teaser for The Last Jedi in the next few days. Then comes decision time, do you watch a shitty, shaky version some prick records on their phone, where you can't here anything because of other pricks screaming, or do you wait 30 minutes for the official release online?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #329 on: April 11, 2017, 04:57:44 pm »
Celebration Orlando starts Thursday, so hopefully we'll get a teaser for The Last Jedi in the next few days. Then comes decision time, do you watch a shitty, shaky version some prick records on their phone, where you can't here anything because of other pricks screaming, or do you wait 30 minutes for the official release online?

Rumoured to be a longer trailer rather than a teaser.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: April 11, 2017, 04:59:01 pm »
Rumoured to be a longer trailer rather than a teaser.
That would be nice. One about the same length as the Thor trailer would be good. An even though that was called a teaser it was over two minutes.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: April 11, 2017, 06:23:06 pm »

Think they streamed that part of the celebration event live online when the force awakens first trailer was released so hopefully they'll do similar.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: April 11, 2017, 06:25:17 pm »
Think they streamed that part of the celebration event live online when the force awakens first trailer was released so hopefully they'll do similar.

If I remember correctly (good chance I don't!) they had a panel with all the stars, and at the end a sizzle reel.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: April 11, 2017, 09:02:18 pm »
It's finally here....

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/t9-pTStLGGo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/t9-pTStLGGo</a>
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #334 on: April 13, 2017, 06:11:20 pm »

A Tribute To Carrie Fisher

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sE99le5FBrY?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sE99le5FBrY?fs=1</a>

^ from today's Celebration Orlando 40th Anniversary Panel
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: April 14, 2017, 05:02:39 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zB4I68XVPzQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zB4I68XVPzQ</a>

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: April 14, 2017, 05:04:41 pm »
Trailer doesn't blow me away like Force Awakens one did but still can't wait!

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: April 14, 2017, 05:06:16 pm »
Ooooh yeah, that'll do.

Please be good!
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline XabiArt

• Legacy Fan
  • The passmaster.
« Reply #338 on: April 14, 2017, 05:09:24 pm »
Very intriguing trailer. Looking forward to it.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #339 on: April 14, 2017, 05:23:07 pm »

The Last Jedi teaser poster...

https://twitter.com/starwars
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: April 14, 2017, 05:29:34 pm »
Hoping that "It's time for the jedi to end" is an incomplete sentence. I.e. "...end the First Order"

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: April 14, 2017, 05:32:57 pm »
Oooooooh. Looks great.

Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: April 14, 2017, 05:34:05 pm »
Very nice, low key and giving nothing away.

Loving the poster!

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: April 14, 2017, 05:39:14 pm »
Feels like we've gone full circle with trailers and now these 'teasers' are basically what trailers used to be, a short taste of the film without giving everything away.

This looks pretty awesome so I'm gonna try to avoid seeing any more of it, though no doubt I'll run into a couple more of them in the cinema over the coming months.

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #344 on: April 14, 2017, 05:41:02 pm »
My son has gone to that Celebration Orlando, it looks amazing. How the world has changed, only 19 and he's just hopped on a plane

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #345 on: April 14, 2017, 11:21:40 pm »
Good trailer. I hope this movie doesn't end with Kylo Ren killing Luke. That would be a bit much after the same trick in The Force Awakens.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: April 14, 2017, 11:47:00 pm »
Hoping the trailers don't start giving away too much and fingers crossed for a bit of originality after ep 7

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: April 15, 2017, 01:02:06 am »
At least we now know why Luke is living where he is.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: April 15, 2017, 06:25:18 am »
Hoping that "It's time for the jedi to end" is an incomplete sentence. I.e. "...end the First Order"
Or maybe he just jumps off the cliff after delivering the line?  :D

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #349 on: April 15, 2017, 09:10:08 am »
I'm not quite as excited as I suspect most are for this (been tickled lately by RedLetterMedia's Nerd Crew pisstake podcasts... veeery cool), but I am genuinely intrigued to see how much gravitas Hamill, who has grown exponentially as a veteran (voice, at least) actor, very much under the radar in the intervening years, can bring to a grizzled elder Luke.

I really hope it's a profound, deep performance, full of regret and humanity; a quiet, subtle meditation on loss and aging, behind all the light-sabring and that. Done right, it could be really quite moving for those of a certain generation, seeing as Luke is the one character across the saga we've witnessed grow by far the most. As lovely as it was to see Han and them back, Solo especially doesn't change too much over his character arc; maybe became slightly less of a cynical hardass, but he was still essentially the same man from the first Star Wars. Luke, though, evolved and matured to a significant degree over the original trilogy, even if something about his goody-goody character still irritated many of us and so he couldn't penetrate that Solo-Vader-Fett lock on our boyhood faves.

A powerhouse portrayal of a gnarled, damaged, heavy-hearted-but-still-heroically-spirited Luke Skywalker could make all the difference for me. From a callow peppy youth to a wizened burdened master, a fantasy mirror image of the inner journey many audience members have traversed over the past 30-odd+ years. Could be fascinating, and the dynamic between him and the surly inwardly-conflicted angst-ridden teen Kylo Ren (not so much the honest-to-goodness Rey) could lend the film a surprising degree of human depth and even insight.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: April 15, 2017, 09:17:14 am »
I'm not quite as excited as I suspect most are for this (been tickled lately by RedLetterMedia's Nerd Crew pisstake podcasts... veeery cool), but I am genuinely intrigued to see how much gravitas Hamill, who has grown exponentially as a veteran (voice, at least) actor, very much under the radar in the intervening years, can bring to a grizzled elder Luke.

I really hope it's a profound, deep performance, full of regret and humanity; a quiet, subtle meditation on loss and aging, behind all the light-sabring and that. Done right, it could be really quite moving for those of a certain generation, seeing as Luke is the one character across the saga we've witnessed grow by far the most. As lovely as it was to see Han and them back, Solo especially doesn't change too much over his character arc; maybe became slightly less of a cynical hardass, but he was still essentially the same man from the first Star Wars. Luke, though, evolved and matured to a significant degree over the original trilogy, even if something about his goody-goody character still irritated many of us and so he couldn't penetrate that Solo-Vader-Fett lock on our boyhood faves.

A powerhouse portrayal of a gnarled, damaged, heavy-hearted-but-still-heroically-spirited Luke Skywalker could make all the difference for me. From a callow peppy youth to a wizened burdened master, a fantasy mirror image of the inner journey many audience members have traversed over the past 30-odd+ years. Could be fascinating, and the dynamic between him and the surly inwardly-conflicted angst-ridden teen Kylo Ren (not so much the honest-to-goodness Rey) could lend the film a surprising degree of human depth and even insight.

Haha they've been brilliant, off topic but love the taking apart of the cynical fake "nerd culture" bullshit that people are pushing for profit. The one of them opening the "geek crates" had me nearly in tears
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: April 15, 2017, 05:39:41 pm »

You're asking a lot from a Disney movie I'd say, expect him to be Yoda II.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #352 on: April 15, 2017, 06:32:28 pm »
The Last Jedi teaser poster...

https://twitter.com/starwars

That poster alone makes me want to watch Episode VII again.

I'm curious though why it's so red, the obvious colour of the Sith and the dark side, in combination with Rey and Luke. It could be purely aesthetic, or a signifier of a threat of the dark side on either or both of them personally.

Also, the teaser trailer review hinting at a possible Yoda force ghost is quite nice. Can't seem to find it now, but there's a shot of Rey training with Luke watching and a rock formation next to her that looks a lot like Yoda standing on top of it.
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: April 15, 2017, 07:59:17 pm »

I'm curious though why it's so red, the obvious colour of the Sith and the dark side, in combination with Rey and Luke. It could be purely aesthetic, or a signifier of a threat of the dark side on either or both of them personally.

Also, the teaser trailer review hinting at a possible Yoda force ghost is quite nice. Can't seem to find it now, but there's a shot of Rey training with Luke watching and a rock formation next to her that looks a lot like Yoda standing on top of it.
In the trailer, Luke says it's "time for the Jedi to end", so I assume he means they have to get a little nasty to beat the First Order.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: April 15, 2017, 08:38:28 pm »
In the trailer, Luke says it's "time for the Jedi to end", so I assume he means they have to get a little nasty to beat the First Order.

It's actually cut off early.

Luke says "It's time for the Jedi to end their policy of abstinence"

Then he puts on some classic Max Rebo Band to soften the mood...

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #355 on: April 15, 2017, 10:38:47 pm »
Stop talking about all that Episode whatever crap... some real Star Wars has turned up.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjkm_-dzXJ4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjkm_-dzXJ4</a>
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: April 16, 2017, 09:46:45 am »

I don't see Yoda.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #357 on: April 16, 2017, 11:22:37 pm »
I've just watched Rouge one on download at home...

Phenomenal... wish I'd seen it again at the cinema.

The fight scenes have such visceral impact, the characters actually have a connection with you, and the last 10 minutes were brilliant film making.

Emotional, nostalgic and breathtaking..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: April 16, 2017, 11:54:19 pm »
I dont understand why there has never been a live action star wars tv series. Have completelydifferent characters like. Sadly I don't think my HBO star wars bounty hunter will ever become a reality but I can dream. Used to be a game on ps2 called bounty hunter where you play as jango fett and i've always thought it'd make good tv. Bounty hunters completely with each other. Interesting characters and locations
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #359 on: April 17, 2017, 12:47:25 am »
I've just watched Rouge one on download at home...

Phenomenal... wish I'd seen it again at the cinema.

The fight scenes have such visceral impact, the characters actually have a connection with you, and the last 10 minutes were brilliant film making.

Emotional, nostalgic and breathtaking..

It's not too late for a trip to the cinema to see it again... (a bit strange that it's now out on dvd, blu ray, and digital download for sale - as well as full hd copies available in the usual places ;))

http://www.britinfo.net/cinema/ - type in the name of the film and your post code or town and it'll show the nearest cinemas playing it - which may be useful for any films - for Rogue One it seems a fair few Odeon cinemas are still playing it...