Author Topic: Inside No. 9 - BBC2 New series starts 10th May 2021  (Read 53883 times)

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
Re: Inside No. 9 - BBC2
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2014, 11:27:06 pm »
What a way to end the series, loved it. Great series, hope we wont have to wait too long for these guys to work together again.

Offline Cave_Wang

• Anny Roader
  • "Only Steven Gerrard can do that"
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2014, 03:52:37 pm »
Loved the whole series, and last nights finale was a superb ending. Really creepy stuff and I am pretty sure the schoolgirl was in Luther as well.

Really good to see it has been commissioned for another series!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2014, 05:04:14 pm »
I want another series of the League of Gentlemen!

Offline Cave_Wang

• Anny Roader
  • "Only Steven Gerrard can do that"
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2014, 06:21:29 pm »
I want another series of the League of Gentlemen!

Yeah that would be awesome - can't really see it happening though. It seems that both Pemberton and Shearsmith have been the two members continuing a similar genre of television, not sure if they will regroup properly again.

I thought Psychoville was near perfection as well! They really do produce the best dark-twisted comedies.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2014, 08:34:32 pm »
Good ending after a couple of iffy episodes.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2014, 09:01:20 pm »
What. The. Absolute. Hell?

That episode was just dark. So dark.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2014, 09:38:48 pm »
Looks like I need to get into this.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2014, 10:38:00 pm »
That was superb, what a great episode.   

Offline Derzyjudek

• Airliner recliner decliner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2014, 11:01:03 pm »
MISCHIEF!!!
Quote from: grifter

I'd rather take a belt sander to me cock and crush me own bollocks with a nut cracker than go within 100yds of her stinky flabby twat.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2014, 09:14:15 pm »
Just watched the last ep.

Very weird. The others had a comedic bent but this one was just plain dark.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2014, 09:18:04 pm »
Just watched the last ep.

Very weird. The others had a comedic bent but this one was just plain dark.

I found "Fuck off!" quite funny  ;D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2015, 01:34:26 pm »
This is back for a 2nd series, started this week. Just watched the latest episode, great fun as always. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2015, 01:35:28 pm »
Yep, loved that episode. Lovely bit at the end haha.

WARNING: The 1st Episode contains Jack Whitehall
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2015, 09:00:11 am »
Yep, loved that episode. Lovely bit at the end haha.

WARNING: The 1st Episode contains Jack Whitehall

Whitehall was spot on for the character he was playing. Good episode - not quite on the level of some of last season (A Quiet Night In & Tom & Gerri especially) but very good.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2015, 02:36:07 pm »
Really good start that. Saw the first aspect of the twist coming, but not the second!

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2015, 06:06:46 pm »
Really good start that. Saw the first aspect of the twist coming, but not the second!
Indeed, they're good at the 'double-twist' stuff.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: April 3, 2015, 08:31:55 am »
Wow - that was brilliant.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Online DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 3, 2015, 08:50:34 am »
Wow - that was brilliant.

I think that was the best episode yet. Sheridan Smith was incredible.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: April 3, 2015, 01:56:41 pm »
I think that was the best episode yet. Sheridan Smith was incredible.

Indeed - I;ve just watched it again and it's a fantastic bit of TV. One of the best things I've seen in a while.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #59 on: April 3, 2015, 09:13:57 pm »
Just watched it. These stand alone shows are so original and creative. Hats off to the two writers.

This latest episode was superb - genuinely poignant and touching. Also bloody creepy.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #60 on: April 5, 2015, 03:00:04 am »
I don't think I have ever been so gripped by something, as much as I am every single week when I watch this.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 5, 2015, 03:28:35 pm »
Wow the latest episode was something special, gonna have to watch it again. That was one of best pieces of TV I've seen for a long time, I hope its getting the audience it deserves. Make sure you check it out if you haven't already.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: April 5, 2015, 06:33:36 pm »
Wow the latest episode was something special, gonna have to watch it again. That was one of best pieces of TV I've seen for a long time, I hope its getting the audience it deserves. Make sure you check it out if you haven't already.

It's brilliant first time round but you see so much more when you watch it again. I still can't believe how few people have commented on it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Rob K

• He is the one and only! Naked and caked in mud
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ron Fucking Swanson
« Reply #63 on: April 5, 2015, 08:39:24 pm »
I remember catching an episode from series 1 where the 2 guys breaking into the house.  The show kind of dropped off my radar though.  Just watching those first two from series 2.  Deffo need to get the others now.  That last episode was awesome.  Also, i love Sheridan Smith.
Give me all the bacon and eggs you have...

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #64 on: April 6, 2015, 12:13:01 am »
Brilliant new episode.

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2015, 10:28:35 am »
Really enjoying this series one of the most fascinating and entertaining series on TV right now. Thought last nights episode was great, loved the concept and how it was filmed was brilliant.

Offline Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 17, 2015, 10:36:21 am »
It's brilliant first time round but you see so much more when you watch it again. I still can't believe how few people have commented on it.

I just caught up with it on iplayer and had to come on here to comment. I'm going to watch it again to see it in light of the reveal.

I know this sounds OTT but I think that was the best thing Shearsmith and Pemberton have ever done. The misdirection of the first 10 minute 'ghost story', the dawning realisation and then those last couple of minutes of emotion. To pull that off without it seeming mawkish is really impressive.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 17, 2015, 11:24:51 am »
I just caught up with it on iplayer and had to come on here to comment. I'm going to watch it again to see it in light of the reveal.

I know this sounds OTT but I think that was the best thing Shearsmith and Pemberton have ever done. The misdirection of the first 10 minute 'ghost story', the dawning realisation and then those last couple of minutes of emotion. To pull that off without it seeming mawkish is really impressive.

It has it's own thread:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=320635.0
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2015, 09:57:12 pm »
Just watched last week's episode!

So simple, but what an ending ;D

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2015, 10:32:11 pm »
Superb tonight  ;D
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2015, 10:32:04 am »
Yep another excellent episode last night loved it. I think I've enjoyed series 2 over the 1st they've really stepped it up. Hope they get a 3rd series.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2015, 10:52:52 am »
Really has been a cracking series

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2015, 11:46:51 am »
I've just caught up with a couple of episodes. Episode 2 with Sheridan Smith was absolutely outstanding, really good TV.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2015, 11:24:33 am »
Enjoyable domestic drama this week without the traditional twist, which was a twist in itself. Another sterling episode.

Question: where is that classical piece of music from that was playing at one point? I just can't place it. Was it from Lost?

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2015, 06:20:14 pm »
Enjoyable domestic drama this week without the traditional twist, which was a twist in itself. Another sterling episode.

Question: where is that classical piece of music from that was playing at one point? I just can't place it. Was it from Lost?
It was from Ennio Morricone's soundtrack to The Mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxduMo7GOM

Offline Fitzy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2015, 09:14:19 pm »
It was from Ennio Morricone's soundtrack to The Mission.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxduMo7GOM
Great cheers.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 30, 2015, 12:04:06 am »
Was that the last episode? What a great series. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 30, 2015, 10:16:18 am »
Was that the last episode? What a great series. 

Yep last nights was the last, they moved it to last night because of W1A...

Great way to end the series, last nights episode was bloody brilliant it had it all. Excellent series, lets hope they get to make some more.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #78 on: April 30, 2015, 10:55:59 pm »
'Threw out his curdle' is my all time favourite euphemism.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2017, 10:46:28 am »
Series 3 resumed last night and I missed it due to watching The City game :no

I can hopefully get it on iplayer or demand but did anyone watch.  Any good?