Author Topic: Bat out of Hell  (Read 1430 times)

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll
Bat out of Hell
« on: November 28, 2010, 12:21:12 am »
For me, it's the best album ever. I don't know just how Jim Steinman managed to create such a wonderful collection of songs but he did, with such cool and class. Those eight tracks get better every time I put them on, which is daily.

Anyone else still listen to it?
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Captain-Carra

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Norbert Klopp. The Boss.
Re: Bat out of Hell
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2010, 12:29:01 am »
Errrrrrrrr................
"The major civilising force in the world is not religion, it's sex." - Hugh Hefner

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2010, 12:38:40 am »
Yes I do. Heaven Can Wait. Love it.

Offline PILLSBURY069

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2010, 06:49:22 pm »
I love the whole album especially paradise by the dashboard light
Who ate all the pies?????? I DID!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 07:51:50 pm »
As it happens I watched Bat out of Hell on 'Classic Albums' the other night somewhere on Sky.

Some great interviews with Meat and Steinman and the producer Todd Rundgren.

One little nugget of trivia i gleaned from the programme - The motorbike revving sound mid way through Bat out of Hell was created by Todd Rundgren on his guitar.

Those classic album shows are brilliant. They take you though each song on the album and tell you the story behind it and how it was produced etc.

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 09:19:41 pm »
Listening to it again as we are going to see Meat Loaf in a couple of weeks at the MEN

Hopefully we'll hear more of the old stuff as I'm not so keen on the last album

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 09:30:32 pm »
I once had a commute which I could *just* make in the length of time it took to place Bat out of Hell. It did require a complete disregard for traffic laws and doing 90 in a 106 down the back country lanes.

I never managed to make it to Freebird.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 08:43:56 pm »
I don't really like musicals.
I don't get why people see that as a rock album.
Personally I think Paradise by the Dashboard Light is an insult to Rock 'n' Roll.

Offline Lucas21

• A Better Future
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Half of Everything is Luck
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 08:32:39 pm »
Saw him at the 02 last Saturday, put on a very good show and everyone got a free copy of his last album Hang Cool Teddy Bear. Fair decent

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 03:55:41 pm »
Anyone seen the musical yet?

Only opened this weekend at the Opera House Manc and looking at booking myself and the missus for middle of March.

Absolutely love the album and grew up with it. Looking forward to going.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: March 9, 2017, 05:38:33 pm »
Got tickets for tomorrow night. Can't wait. :)