Author Topic: Foo Fighters  (Read 20264 times)

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
Foo Fighters
« on: November 5, 2010, 10:56:30 am »
Anyone buy tickets today for the gig at the MK Bowl? Should be pretty fucking good

Offline roblfc13

• Main Stander
Re: Foo Fighters
« Reply #1 on: November 6, 2010, 12:14:41 am »
Yep, on the sunday.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #2 on: July 3, 2011, 01:14:05 am »
Brilliance.

Offline mbroon

• would like a clean space - hasn't got one
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 3, 2011, 10:13:30 am »
I like them a lot, and I think they are very consistent, they continue to produce good tracks on each new album. The energy they bring to live performances is absolutely fantastic.

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: July 3, 2011, 01:58:19 pm »
One of my fav bands.

Offline andym41

• Kopite
  • Done the treble
« Reply #5 on: July 3, 2011, 03:31:48 pm »
Best band in the world currently IMHO - wish now I had got tickets for one of this weekends gigs at the bowl

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #6 on: July 3, 2011, 03:33:10 pm »
Brilliance.

Were you there mate? Just got back myself and they were nothing less than awesome. Easily one of the best bands I've seen live (my mate has seen them 7 times now).

Interesting venue   - the set up is great inside  - just Milton Keynes is one of the worst places in the world.

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #7 on: July 3, 2011, 04:42:06 pm »
I went last night, they were brilliant, not a dud song all night. Saw them a few years ago at the MEN but last night was even better. I love it that even at this stage of their career they still genuinely get across how much they enjoy doing it.

If I never have to drive through another roundabout though, it would be too soon!
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline Jersey

• Kopite
  • Belgian Red
« Reply #8 on: July 3, 2011, 04:51:15 pm »
Can't wait to see them in August 8)
No retreat baby, no surrender

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #9 on: July 3, 2011, 05:40:49 pm »
I went last night, they were brilliant, not a dud song all night. Saw them a few years ago at the MEN but last night was even better. I love it that even at this stage of their career they still genuinely get across how much they enjoy doing it.

If I never have to drive through another roundabout though, it would be too soon!

You should have come over and said hello to me ;D

I know exactly what you mean - cant believe its taken me so long to see them live.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #10 on: July 3, 2011, 06:03:04 pm »
Can't wait to see them at T.

Offline Rafette

• Kopite
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off.....
« Reply #11 on: July 3, 2011, 06:28:54 pm »
You should have come over and said hello to me ;D

I know exactly what you mean - cant believe its taken me so long to see them live.

I *thought* that was you in the crowd! ;)

Funnily enough though, we were in the queue for the bar to the right of the stage and my boyfriend spotted one of his mates just getting served! I'd said to him earlier, come off it, you're never going to spot *anyone* in here today :)

I never got tickets when they first came out, but we went to see the Back And Forth doco in Liverpool One when it was on and when we came out we both went, shiiiit, wish I was going to see them! Awesome day- the good weather helped!
"If you can't make decisions in life, you're a bloody menace. You'd be better becoming an MP!" Bill Shankly

Offline JayH93

• Legacy Fan
  • ANLACKY
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2011, 12:42:16 am »
Hope they do another tour, missed out on a ticket and I'm absolutely gutted.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2011, 01:02:45 am »
Boss last night too.

Offline Jamie LFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2011, 01:51:02 am »
After watching these at T in the park earlier on I wish I'd got myself some tickets for one of their gigs. Brilliant.

Offline NatD

• Takes offence at authors and people who eat in restaurants.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 05:33:54 am »
Everlong is quite possibly the best song I have heard live Ever!!!!!

Love these guys, and am gutted not to be living in the UK anymore so have missed the tours this year!  Would be great to get them out to the Middle East - I would pay whatever they wanted to see 'em.
"...waking up at 12 in my clothes again, feel my head explode from a night of Gin..."

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 06:53:00 am »
I was at Wembley when Jimmy Page joined them. Top moment. I can't believe I had to wait through a Supergrass set first though.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline shockwave_dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 07:22:46 pm »
Seen them at Oxegen. Amazing band. Dave Grohl is such a good frontman

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 08:02:42 pm »
Coming to charlotte in November :lickin

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 09:58:31 pm »
Saw them in manc city stidium on the last tour.. brilliant gig.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 07:09:39 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/dXeEJFC_SK4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/dXeEJFC_SK4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 07:28:31 pm »
What a fucking hero.

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 07:33:08 pm »
Legend

Offline mattsant

• Legacy Fan
  • SOS #9517
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 07:33:37 pm »
Saw them in manc city stidium on the last tour.. brilliant gig.
Sickk gig, Manics and Futureheads too.!

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 08:19:29 pm »
Was gutted they never played Skin & Bones on Sunday, was my one of my favourites from the MK gig.

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #25 on: November 9, 2011, 05:31:54 pm »
I am going to see them at Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey this coming Monday night.  I am very excited for the show!  I've heard nothing but good things about their live show.  One review I read said something to the effect of:  they play every song as if it's an encore.

I've always enjoyed their work, although they've never been one of my favorite bands.  I have feeling that seeing them live will only make me hold them in higher regard.  Anyway, I just thought I'd share and see if any other New Jersey/New York reds were going to either this gig or the night before (Sunday) at MSG.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #26 on: November 9, 2011, 06:14:14 pm »
I've seen them three times now, at the Etihad around 3 years ago and at T in the Park and the Milton Keynes Bowl this summer. Every show was excellent and that review is spot on. You will enjoy it!

Offline Salty Dog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 9, 2011, 07:28:22 pm »
Thanks Frank, I love reading that.  I'm buzzing that little bit more now!
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #28 on: November 9, 2011, 07:52:51 pm »
The thing is you can tell they cater for every kind of gig with their extensive catalogue. . All 3 of them were different, what type of venue are you seeing them at?

Offline Salty Dog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: November 9, 2011, 09:04:47 pm »
Prudential Center is a new arena (been open about 5 years).  It is the home arena of the New Jersey Devils.  I think the capacity is somewhere around 16,000, for hockey games.

It's a really nice venue for both hockey games (I go to Devils games quite often) and concerts (I've had seats for Tom Pety and GA for Muse).  For this show I'll be sitting in seats in one of the VIP lounges/boxes (called the Goal Bar).  My best friend, who is a season ticket holder, gets a chance to buy seats in the Goal Bar for any event at the arena.  It's one of the perks for season ticket holders.

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 9, 2011, 09:22:20 pm »
Excellent band,,lIsten to their albums weekly,,,great musicians,,yet to see them live,,a definite must do next year.
bollocks

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #31 on: November 9, 2011, 09:24:36 pm »
Prudential Center is a new arena (been open about 5 years).  It is the home arena of the New Jersey Devils.  I think the capacity is somewhere around 16,000, for hockey games.

It's a really nice venue for both hockey games (I go to Devils games quite often) and concerts (I've had seats for Tom Pety and GA for Muse).  For this show I'll be sitting in seats in one of the VIP lounges/boxes (called the Goal Bar).  My best friend, who is a season ticket holder, gets a chance to buy seats in the Goal Bar for any event at the arena.  It's one of the perks for season ticket holders.

Sweet, it'll be a class gig, guaranteed. :)

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 9, 2011, 09:25:52 pm »
Seen them live twice & both times they absolutely blew me away. Can't say much more than that, they're just genuinely awesome live. I'd be amazed to find anyone who's seen them live & doesn't share the same opinion.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 06:21:28 pm »
Can't wait for them to tour the UK again, hopefully they'll announce it soon. Haven't seen them since the Wembley Stadium gigs.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 06:31:07 pm »
Can't wait for them to tour the UK again, hopefully they'll announce it soon. Haven't seen them since the Wembley Stadium gigs.

Not sure what they'll do. They've done Stadiums and even bigger with the MK gigs. You can't get any bigger now ;D

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2011, 06:42:43 pm »
Not sure what they'll do. They've done Stadiums and even bigger with the MK gigs. You can't get any bigger now ;D

Seems like they are doing everything backwards this time  ;D

They said they want to do something different this time, I thought why don't they do it as in a small gig at let's just say the 02 academy in Liverpool, then have a night off and then play the Echo Arena the next night? They can do a small gig as well as a big gig.

Offline Frank.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2011, 06:46:20 pm »
Yep, can you imagine the demand for tickets if they played somewhere like the academy.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2011, 06:55:24 pm »
Yep, can you imagine the demand for tickets if they played somewhere like the academy.

Well that's the impression I got from their interviews after Wasting Light came out. Seems odd for them to play a massive gig first as well, they usually do all that after the arena tour. The academy gig would be amazing, if they want to do something different that's what I'd do, they could always do 6 nights of small venues then 6 nights of big venues? Be interesting anyway.

Offline Alonso

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2011, 08:45:45 pm »
They'll be at Leeds/Reading next year.

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2012, 01:52:06 am »
Was just remembering the MK bowl gig last year, so good and one of the best gigs ive ever been too. They're just a great band, live they are fantastic and put out consistenty great music. Not suprising that Grohl has been in two massive bands, (plus QOTSA and Them Crooked Vultures) because he is an absolute genius.