Author Topic: It's always sunny in Philadelphia  (Read 55315 times)

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
Re: It's always sunny in Philadelphia
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2012, 01:01:40 pm »
It's brilliant sits just behind Arrested Development.  The Dayman/Nightman musical Charlie put on actually had me crying with laughter and the McPoyles are wrong on so many levels.

Offline Casablancas

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2012, 01:24:15 pm »
Obsessed with it.

Just been announced this morning that Seasons 1-6 will be available on Netflix UK from 1st Feb with Season 7 a couple of weeks later. Good news for people who haven't seen it yet as there has been no other chance of seeing it in this country.

Still hoping they will release boxsets of all seasons here.
Without the sunglasses, Weekend at Bernie's would have been a very dark, strange tale.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2012, 01:32:48 pm »
It's amazing.

The best American comedy out there right now.

Watching Cricket's decent in to madness and homelessness over the series as a result of the gang has been so funny (much funnier then it sounds). Its not even an important or central part of the show, but little touches and running jokes like that give it a real depth.

Must watch for anyone that hasn't seen it. And for those that have I suggest giving 'Workaholics' a watch. Another good show.

Offline ferris05

• Hitler on a bus!
  • Kopite
  • A Waterloo-ite
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 01:37:56 pm »
Brilliant.
WE ARE THE ROAD END, THE PRIDE OF MERSEYSIDE.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 01:55:24 pm »
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 02:05:16 pm »
Its great, but I would tuck it behind Curb and Southpark for best US comedy, no disgrace in that.

Some brilliant moments in the last series, frank on the tour boat "I like to bang whores, I love bangin whores". Finding out Mac's first name and the dance scene in the reunion episode. 

Love the show.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 03:17:26 pm »

Must watch for anyone that hasn't seen it. And for those that have I suggest giving 'Workaholics' a watch. Another good show.
Really? Shall get some of them and return the favour with, "The League". Bunch of friends doing an American Football fantasy league. The handy thing is though, you dont need to know anything about American Football.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 03:21:12 pm »
Yeah The League is boss. Havent heard of this Workaholics...interested to check it out
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 03:43:39 pm »
Really? Shall get some of them and return the favour with, "The League". Bunch of friends doing an American Football fantasy league. The handy thing is though, you dont need to know anything about American Football.

Cheers, I'll give it a look.

Workaholics is worth giving a go. Waster comedy about 3 mates stuck in a shite job. Little clip here. Adam (in the blue) has just caught Anders (in the trunks) making a move on his bird in the pool.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5E1JLR-h_bE?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5E1JLR-h_bE?fs=1</a>

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 04:29:54 pm »
;D

That looks great, not the torked boners like.

Offline danny boy the red

• arsed bead lover
  • Legacy Fan
  • Were going to Wembley!!!
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2012, 09:20:49 pm »
Just started watching this last week, jumped straight into season 5, seeing there was 8 and I've been laughing my bollox off since.

The episode where the gang go on the roadtrip and the lads are trying to get a BBQ going in the back of an enclosed trailer is hilarious.

As is the episode where they try and give Frank - Danny De Vito- an intervention, absolutely gas.
http://twitter.com/thebig_sam

"Excited about working with young Ravel Morrison, but he comes with a list of "dead important" instructions. He's like a fucking Gremlin.

The first three? Don't let him near fireworks; Don't let him drink rum; Don't let him carry a sword. Fucking hell"

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2012, 08:26:44 am »
Charlie is one of my favourite comedy characters ever, and he and Mac should do a buddy movie

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2012, 09:50:07 am »
Just started watching this last week, jumped straight into season 5, seeing there was 8 and I've been laughing my bollox off since.

The episode where the gang go on the roadtrip and the lads are trying to get a BBQ going in the back of an enclosed trailer is hilarious.

As is the episode where they try and give Frank - Danny De Vito- an intervention, absolutely gas.
Screw that son. Go back to the start, much funnier ;)
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2012, 09:51:29 am »

Cheers, I'll give it a look.

Workaholics is worth giving a go. Waster comedy about 3 mates stuck in a shite job. Little clip here. Adam (in the blue) has just caught Anders (in the trunks) making a move on his bird in the pool.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/5E1JLR-h_bE?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/5E1JLR-h_bE?fs=1</a>
Didnt watch that vid as have obtained them. and going to watch the first one/two in a bit with my mate ;)

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2012, 11:43:57 am »
Remember watching that. When they lift the door to find them, I was in tears.

Charlie and the pear was great too.

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2012, 12:04:28 pm »
Watched the first three episodes of Workaholics, excellent stuff. Cheers for that Cpt_Reina its my new thing now.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2012, 03:29:24 pm »
Watched the first three episodes of Workaholics, excellent stuff. Cheers for that Cpt_Reina its my new thing now.

Glad you approve  :wave

Ive got through the first few episodes of The League. Enjoying it so far.

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2012, 03:49:33 pm »
I like the show but the fact that the entire premise is 5 horrible people yelling over one another gets a bit tiring.

Living in Philadelphia I feel that the show portrays the city and its inhabitance fairly accurately. It's really dirty and everyone here seems to be a bit off.

Workaholics is great too. 

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2012, 05:22:36 pm »
I like the show but the fact that the entire premise is 5 horrible people yelling over one another gets a bit tiring.

Living in Philadelphia I feel that the show portrays the city and its inhabitance fairly accurately. It's really dirty and everyone here seems to be a bit off.

Workaholics is great too. 

Mac and Charlie have their redeeming qualities imo. Same can't be said for the other 3 ;D

Dennis gets on my nerves more and more with each passing episode

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2012, 05:24:57 pm »
Its incredible that more people dont know about this show.

Dennis gets on my nerves more and more with each passing episode

Did this happen to you?

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2012, 06:21:40 pm »
Ha, alas no. Dee and Frank I find funnier as the seasons go on, Dennis just doesn;t have any redeeming qualities and Glenn Howerton doesn't have the delivery of abuse and argument of Charlie Day or Kaitlin Olson, which are my favourite bits. I miss the days where Mac was desperate to be cool, and would talk about backflipping over walls and trying to roundhouse kick the bell. A small bit that makes me laugh when I think about it is when they are reintroduced to Rickety Cricket and o the impression of him and Dee. Kind of like doing the robot with the sounds of a badly oiled gate ;D
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 06:23:55 pm by rowan_d »

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2012, 06:28:30 pm »
Charlie definitely has some redeeming qualities, love his character.

Kaitlin Olson kills it and Sweet Dee is easily the best female comedic character and performance since Julia Louis-Dreyfus as Elaine is Seinfeld. 

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2012, 07:42:54 pm »
Glad you approve  :wave

Ive got through the first few episodes of The League. Enjoying it so far.
The League is funniest show on at the moment,nothing comes close.About Sunny in Philly,i just want to say thanks to oddball, and canada loves anfield for putting me onto it,thanks lads.I,ve nearly died ,choking with laughter,on more than one occasion,especially when devito joins the show.Superb quality
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2012, 09:17:46 pm »
The League is funniest show on at the moment,nothing comes close.About Sunny in Philly,i just want to say thanks to oddball, and canada loves anfield for putting me onto it,thanks lads.I,ve nearly died ,choking with laughter,on more than one occasion,especially when devito joins the show.Superb quality

No problem mate. Its that show that nobody knows about. But those that do have a little cool clique where they feel better than others whom havent watched :P

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2012, 09:35:35 pm »
Love this show watched the first two seasons so far
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #65 on: February 1, 2012, 12:29:21 am »
Have to say I didn't go for The League that much, I watched the first season and was left mildly entertained. Dont particularly like any of the characters, there was a few good moments, but didn't really tickle my fancy. 

Offline Casablancas

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #66 on: February 1, 2012, 07:57:50 pm »
Without the sunglasses, Weekend at Bernie's would have been a very dark, strange tale.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #67 on: February 1, 2012, 09:03:22 pm »

And for those that have I suggest giving 'Workaholics' a watch. Another good show.
Nice one buddy...watched the 1st 4 with my mate yesterday....I like it. Some good laugh out load moments, and i generally dont lol! Belled him earlier and asked him if he wanted to watch some more today...fuckers only been ploughing through them today as I left my pen drive at his!

No worries mate...a pleasure ;)

No problem mate. Its that show that nobody knows about. But those that do have a little cool clique where they feel better than others whom havent watched :P
Spot on mate. Ive got 3 mates into it and my brother ;)

Have to say I didn't go for The League that much, I watched the first season and was left mildly entertained. Dont particularly like any of the characters, there was a few good moments, but didn't really tickle my fancy. 
Stick with it mate. I agree the 1st series was slow, but 2 and 3 are great. Especially a character that comes in called Raffy.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #68 on: February 1, 2012, 09:25:03 pm »
Like oddball said,stick with it .It really does get better,much.As for Raffy,he,s the funniest character on any show,he,s just wrong,i love him.No, not like that ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline rowan_d

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #69 on: February 2, 2012, 06:35:29 am »
ANy word on when Season 8 starts?

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #70 on: February 2, 2012, 12:56:05 pm »
Like oddball said,stick with it .It really does get better,much.As for Raffy,he,s the funniest character on any show,he,s just wrong,i love him.No, not like that ;D
Me too ;)

ANy word on when Season 8 starts?
It has been picked up for two more series, but can find anything on filming etc.

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #71 on: February 4, 2012, 06:16:31 am »
Love this show.  but the most recent season (season 7) was pretty meh for me.  had some good moments (frank's little beauties, rum ham, high school reunion pt 2, etc) but a lot of it seemed forced to me, and not as funny as it has been.  loved season 6 though.  gotta watch that again... then i'll give season 7 another go.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2012, 06:46:12 pm »
Just started watching this on Netflix over the past couple of days. Finished season one and will be onto season two. It's absolutely hilarious and one of the funniest shows I've seen in a while. It's quite similar to Seinfeld in terms of the characters which is probably the reason why I like it so much. Looks like all (or at least most) of the seasons are worth watching so can't wait to watch the rest of it.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2012, 08:46:28 pm »
This, arrested development and community are all class.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 23, 2012, 10:54:09 am »
Been watching this from the beginning on Netflix over the last few weeks and absolutely love it. I watched Sweet Dee Has A Heart Attack last night - absolutely immense. I lost count on the amount of film references they snuck in. Just brilliant, Netflix is worth the monthly fee just for this.

And Charlie & Mac are absolute geniuses - well, they all are, really.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2012, 11:20:24 am »
I've seen Kaitlin Olson on a number of US chat shows and she's naturally very funny, she's also attractive in a strange way.  The thing I love about the show is that despite all the characters being arses, they seem like the sort of group I'd love to hangout with.  I'd imagine filming the show is a good laugh.

The Nightman Cometh is one of the funniest things ever filmed.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2012, 04:45:36 pm »
I love the running joke that they all think Sweet Dee is really fat, old and ugly when the truth is that she's anything but!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2012, 06:16:10 pm »
This, for me, was the greatest moment in television history

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2012, 06:28:48 pm »
WTF what episode is the from I dont remember an ostrich

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2012, 06:33:00 pm »
Who got Dee pregnant? The single best moment in television history, my man