Author Topic: Ludogorets vs Liverpool. UCL Matchday 5. 7.45pm 26.11.14 Kick Off  (Read 52941 times)

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ludogorets vs Liverpool. UCL Matchday 5. 7.45pm 26.11.14 Kick Off
« Reply #320 on: November 26, 2014, 06:21:33 am »
                    Mig
Manq   Sakho   Toure  Moreno
            Lucas    Can
    Sterling   Coutinho   Lallana
                  Lambert

Play this. We win. Convincingly. With a clean sheet. Season restarted.

Borini for Lambert, swap the cbs with you 100%
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: November 26, 2014, 06:34:30 am »
Borini for Lambert, swap the cbs with you 100%

Went Lambert because he just got his first goal. And I feel a run of games might do his confidence good at this point. Plus maybe we will benefit with his existing rapport with Lallana.

Offline Gerrard#1

• Playing goalie would combat his decreasing mobility, and vastly improve distribution at the back. Somebody's watching me.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: November 26, 2014, 06:53:48 am »
We will lose because Rodgers won't change the team and drop the players that are horribly out of form.
Quote from: jillc
If you ask Gerrard #1 he'll probably be able to tell us who we're getting. I hear he is good with the crystal ball.

Quote from: Gerrard#1
Coutinho is our best player he will be world class one day and will end up playing for Barca or Real.

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #323 on: November 26, 2014, 07:00:17 am »
We may indeed score 2. But we will let in 3.
That's the silliest thing I've heard of late... We will scoore 2?!...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline plskikme

• Kopite
  • What Could Have Been and What Can Be
« Reply #324 on: November 26, 2014, 07:01:16 am »
I agree, going back to the double hammers could work out well.

Since Gerrard seems to be starting though,

Manquillo Toure Sakho Moreno
            Lucas        Can
Lallana       Gerrard        Coutinho
                 Lambert

Just don't put Gerrard next to Lucas please. Also thought Coutinho has shown glimpses of spark but has really failed to find space between opposition midfield and defence like Carra alluded to, so could do with a reintroduction of sorts coming off the wing. Hopefully Gerrard adds a little strength to our attack which has been missing ever since Sterling dropped off and shows fight and passion the other lads can feed off. We're in desperate need of a leader and despite him being a major cause, he like Brendan are the few individuals at the club who can rightly or wrongly turn the entire teams performance around through inspiration alone.

This line up will look to control the game and look for one twos to unlock a shooting opportunity for Stevie and try and get Coutinho and Lallana further up the pitch to use their trickery. It was hard deciding between Borini or Lambert but I've gone with Lambert as I think his link up play is much better than Borini's, and we no longer look good trying to play our strikers in quickly anyway. There's not much pace in the team so it is crucial the majority of the game is played in their half. Lucas and Can should provide a solid platform for this. Our fullbacks will also have ample opportunity to get into the spaces our attacking midfielders vacate, yet have two proper holding midfielders covering for them.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: November 26, 2014, 07:13:35 am »
After reading that Lucas and Toure are expected to start I am a lot more hopeful now than I was before...

Hopefully Can is in the starting line up as well. Has Sakho travelled ? Or is he expected to be back for the weekend?

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: November 26, 2014, 07:55:33 am »
I don't want the Europa league at all to be honest. If we're not going to get through the group then we may as well finish last and concentrate on the league for the rest of the season.

Agree.

History tells us that Thursday/Sunday football does not bode well for finishing top 4.

And I think we've a better chance of getting CL next season by finishing top 4.

As it stands I'd rather finish 4th in the group than 3rd if those are the options.

In August I said I'd be happy to get out of the group, and that stands. It will do the players a world of good to qualify from such a 'tricky' position we've found ourselves in.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #327 on: November 26, 2014, 07:59:05 am »
Reports that Stevie will be pushed further forward with Lucas and Toure  also coming in.

A combo of Gerrard and Lambert - I'm not sure what to make of that.

Offline rayo

• Kemlynite
« Reply #328 on: November 26, 2014, 08:01:42 am »
I agree, going back to the double hammers could work out well.

Since Gerrard seems to be starting though,

Manquillo Toure Sakho Moreno
            Lucas        Can
Lallana       Gerrard        Coutinho
                 Lambert

Just don't put Gerrard next to Lucas please. Also thought Coutinho has shown glimpses of spark but has really failed to find space between opposition midfield and defence like Carra alluded to, so could do with a reintroduction of sorts coming off the wing. Hopefully Gerrard adds a little strength to our attack which has been missing ever since Sterling dropped off and shows fight and passion the other lads can feed off. We're in desperate need of a leader and despite him being a major cause, he like Brendan are the few individuals at the club who can rightly or wrongly turn the entire teams performance around through inspiration alone.

This line up will look to control the game and look for one twos to unlock a shooting opportunity for Stevie and try and get Coutinho and Lallana further up the pitch to use their trickery. It was hard deciding between Borini or Lambert but I've gone with Lambert as I think his link up play is much better than Borini's, and we no longer look good trying to play our strikers in quickly anyway. There's not much pace in the team so it is crucial the majority of the game is played in their half. Lucas and Can should provide a solid platform for this. Our fullbacks will also have ample opportunity to get into the spaces our attacking midfielders vacate, yet have two proper holding midfielders covering for them.

I'm all for this line up. Give SG a chance to prove all the kneejerkers they don't know what they are talking about. Also give Sterling a rest and Coutinho a chance at having more space and less responsibility in the middle which I would suggest he is not ready for (just yet).

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: November 26, 2014, 08:21:24 am »
Reports that Stevie will be pushed further forward with Lucas and Toure  also coming in.

I'd go with Kolo and Skrtel. Wouldn't fancy Sahko coming back in for a game like this. Not that Skrtel is mister dependable these days mind.
Gerrard and Lambert doesn't fill me with confidence to be honest. Not much pace there. Would like to see Marko get a run out at some stage.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: November 26, 2014, 09:01:50 am »
Why try to shoe horn Gerrard into the team. Lambert has no pace and with Stevie we'll be doubly slow.

Lets see how we get on.

I am hopeful but I don't expect much.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: November 26, 2014, 09:10:50 am »

Well it's better on paper than what's gone before.  Gerrard can create/find the net further forward.  Whether we're creative enough to get the ball to the top two through midfield is questionable.  At least it's recognition by the manager of the need to change things.  Assuming of course that it's not just the same team chucked out that played Sunday.

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• his processor is underclocked
  • Kopite
« Reply #332 on: November 26, 2014, 09:13:42 am »

Why try to shoe horn Gerrard into the team. Lambert has no pace and with Stevie we'll be doubly slow.

Lets see how we get on.

I like the sound of this very much . Stevie is probably still the best footballer in the team (not  DM) he will help the team in a more advanced role.

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: November 26, 2014, 09:19:27 am »

Mig
Manq   Sakho   Toure  Moreno
            Lucas    Can
    Sterling   Coutinho   Lallana
                  Lambert

Play this. We win. Convincingly. With a clean sheet. Season restarted.
This defence please with Sakho and Toure switched. I'd normally say we can afford to go more attacking than the 2 DM's at Ludogorets but with our current form a clean sheet is massive IMO, so I agree with that aswel. The rest of the team is good also.

If Stevie is to come on, please let it be as one of the attacking mids. No more Stevie in DM

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: November 26, 2014, 09:35:16 am »
Gerrard further forward might work on the break when play is much more stretched. Otherwise it depends as he needs a lot of space and may face the same problem of being crowded out as he does anywhere. But what really matters with Gerrard is whether, mentally, he's fired up. Hope he is, we need him to be.

Otherwise I'd like to see Allen and Lallana both given a go again with Lucas holding.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: November 26, 2014, 09:36:08 am »
After reading that Lucas and Toure are expected to start I am a lot more hopeful now than I was before...

Hopefully Can is in the starting line up as well. Has Sakho travelled ? Or is he expected to be back for the weekend?
No Sakho hasn't travelled. Not sure about the weekend, but he hasn't trained with the rest of the squad yet so I guess the weekend might come a bit too soon for him.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #336 on: November 26, 2014, 09:43:50 am »
Nobody suggesting Stevie at CB then :)

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: November 26, 2014, 09:52:30 am »

Nobody suggesting Stevie at CB then :)

I'd rather stick him up top!

Offline redintweed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #338 on: November 26, 2014, 09:52:56 am »
To be perfectly honest, if BR doesn't start dropping the out of form players he is going to be in trouble. The lads he has been sticking with aren't doing that well. So why not change it up a little?

Personally I believe we look better with Lucas at the base of midfield. He definitely shields the back 4 better but is prone tp give away a couple of free kicks in dangerous positions. Against Madrid the midfield looked a bit more fluid. As for the defence, if Johnson plays it will do my head in. I was always a huge GJ fan but this season and last season, well enough has been said about his form on here already. Lovren surely has to be dropped. He certainly hasn't justified his price tag in any way, shape or form. He just looks lost.

Rickie probably deserves another crack upfront but I think Borini may get a start just for his movement.

It will be interesting to see who else plays in midfield. With Henderson back I'm assuming he'll probably start but surely Can deserves a gig after the way he has been playing.

It seems like BR has his favourites and he is putting himself on the line by continually playing them. I just hope that they start justifying his faith in them and their exorbitant wages.

Any win will do but gee it would be nice to see a good performance as well
I'd rather play for Liverpool Reserves than Everton.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #339 on: November 26, 2014, 10:00:10 am »
Read this to The Last of the Summer Wine tune in your head

We’re gunna win, in Ludogrets
We will play shite, we’ll be a mess
We’ll shake our heads and wonder why
It’s all gone wrong, we should blame Sky
I left my heart in Ludogrets
We are rubbish

Took me three days to write that.
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #340 on: November 26, 2014, 10:07:46 am »
We will lose because Rodgers won't change the team and drop the players that are horribly out of form.
Support the team! Have faith in the manager!
We can do this reds!  :lickin

Offline CoventryYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #341 on: November 26, 2014, 10:10:15 am »
Agree.

History tells us that Thursday/Sunday football does not bode well for finishing top 4.

And I think we've a better chance of getting CL next season by finishing top 4.

As it stands I'd rather finish 4th in the group than 3rd if those are the options.

In August I said I'd be happy to get out of the group, and that stands. It will do the players a world of good to qualify from such a 'tricky' position we've found ourselves in.

Although, this is the year that if you win Europa league you get into the Champions league - isn't it?

I agree, the football and travelling can be detrimental to our league campaign but I think we should be keeping all avenue's open for reaching the Champions league next year. Plus, we need more experience in Europe as a collective, including Brendan.

Offline DeLeiva

• StanDan
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA -
« Reply #342 on: November 26, 2014, 10:10:16 am »
I don't see pushing Gerrard forward as a viable option.

He's lost his pace, which means he'll only slow any counter attack and not really provide a better outlet with his back to the opposition goal
than Lambert. Who is also superior in the air and at holding up the ball.

And Stevie hasn't scored a goal from open play for about 18 months, which again is worse than all of our miss-firing strikers.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #343 on: November 26, 2014, 10:19:16 am »
Come on Redmen!
Any win will do.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #344 on: November 26, 2014, 10:21:41 am »
Is their a list of the full squad that travelled ?

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: November 26, 2014, 10:26:16 am »

I like the sound of this very much . Stevie is probably still the best footballer in the team (not  DM) he will help the team in a more advanced role.

If we put Lallana or Coutinho + Sterling as two wide men either side of Stevie behind Lambert, I think it could work. Fucking hell, it's worth trying isn't it. If nothing else I'll be pleased that Brendan is acknowleding that the current gameplan is failing. The worst thing he could possibly do tonight is stick with the same formula.

Offline jfc

• Kopite
« Reply #346 on: November 26, 2014, 10:40:13 am »
Sakho has only just returned to training hasn't he, why people are putting him in line ups for a game like this is beyond me

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
« Reply #347 on: November 26, 2014, 10:44:32 am »

Lets see how we get on.

There won't be much need for pace tonight. Despite our shite form Ludo ain't gonna take any chances. They'll let us have the ball, and hope to counter when they win the ball back. We need patience and some master creativity, which will be fun to watch I'm sure :-\

Although I hope for the best.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #348 on: November 26, 2014, 11:08:05 am »
Is their a list of the full squad that travelled ?

I haven't seen one but Echo saying Sakho and Balotelli haven't travelled.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #349 on: November 26, 2014, 11:08:15 am »
This is a pressure cooker game for Rodgers. I dont think he will screw up in terms of team selection. He will change it, and accommodate players who deserved to play earlier too. Now if these players let him down too, then I dont think he has a plan C until Sturridge(and any potential signing) arrive in January.

Offline flyingbulletsfromjohnarne

• Main Stander
« Reply #350 on: November 26, 2014, 11:17:22 am »
Im surprised by the amount of people suggesting playing Lambert up top with Stevie behind? The majority of our best play comes from high pressing and superb movement and IMO is the obvious reason we have struggled this season. Replacing Suarez and Sturridge with Ballotelli and whoever hasn't been a huge downgrade on ability with the ball and finishing but movement. As good as Lambert is and Stevie being our best ever player I cant see how their movement and closing down up top is the way forward!

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #351 on: November 26, 2014, 11:21:06 am »
Im surprised by the amount of people suggesting playing Lambert up top with Stevie behind? The majority of our best play comes from high pressing and superb movement and IMO is the obvious reason we have struggled this season. Replacing Suarez and Sturridge with Ballotelli and whoever hasn't been a huge downgrade on ability with the ball and finishing but movement. As good as Lambert is and Stevie being our best ever player I cant see how their movement and closing down up top is the way forward!

We'll probably sit a bit deeper and play on the counter with longer passes being held up by Lambert with maybe Stevie linking up

Offline plskikme

• Kopite
« Reply #352 on: November 26, 2014, 11:26:01 am »

The reasoning at least for me is precisely because we aren't able to do that anymore. We played Allen, Sterling, Lallana and to a lesser extent Coutinho against Crystal Palace, all regarded as good pressers going off last season. We did not play Borini to help in this aspect, I concede this point. However, we were so easily bullied and I didn't see a consistent period of pressing we were famous for last season. Look at the Arsenal and Newcastle games off the top of my head where Coutinho(!) was the one who won it back after his teammates helped closed the passing lanes off, which we then scored from. Seeing this, I don't think we can afford to press half heartedly anymore until we get that part of our game back. With Can and Lucas hopefully intercepting and tackling more than Gerrard's 0 last weekend, we can look at another approach to the game until we are bursting with confidence again. People have also mentioned how lightweight we were missing Can, Hendo, Lucas and Gerrard pinned so deep. I was looking forward to seeing Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana together but it turned out we are sorely lacking the platform to allow them to thrive as of right now. Can you remember any meaningful possesions these three managed to put together? Lallana got an assist from deep while Coutinho(?) and Sterling managed to create one chance for Manquillo.

We can hardly build moves and defend as a unit, how do we set up to press effectively as a pack when we can't even do the basics right?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 11:29:50 am by plskikme »

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: November 26, 2014, 11:28:55 am »
Imagine the carnage in here if we lose this.
Its reached the point where it would just be funny. Not sure how many people have emotional energy left for 'carnage' anymore. If we win on the other hand, i'll be proclaiming us champions-to-be

Offline plskikme

• Kopite
« Reply #354 on: November 26, 2014, 11:31:27 am »
Its reached the point where it would just be funny. Not sure how many people have emotional energy left for 'carnage' anymore. If we win on the other hand, i'll be proclaiming us champions-to-be

I reached that point when Sturridge got injured. Still hurts to lose mind you.

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #355 on: November 26, 2014, 11:33:39 am »

Quite simply, "high pressing and superb movement" does not exist with our current crop of players. So while that may have been our gameplan last year, it has been non-existent this year, so we need to try something else. That may be asking Lambert to hold the ball up and lay off for Sterling/Gerrard/Lallana, it may be getting more crosses into the box from the byline and asking Lambert and Stevie to attack the ball. I don't know what it is, but I know as plain as day that there is no way we are going to get last year's football out of this year's players, no matter how many times we expect Balotelli to magically turn into someone else.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #356 on: November 26, 2014, 11:38:05 am »
Quite simply, "high pressing and superb movement" does not exist with our current crop of players. So while that may have been our gameplan last year, it has been non-existent this year, so we need to try something else. That may be asking Lambert to hold the ball up and lay off for Sterling/Gerrard/Lallana, it may be getting more crosses into the box from the byline and asking Lambert and Stevie to attack the ball. I don't know what it is, but I know as plain as day that there is no way we are going to get last year's football out of this year's players, no matter how many times we expect Balotelli to magically turn into someone else.

This is what i dont understand, why bring in players who cant play this style? I do not get why it has been changed. We sold Andy Carroll a few seasons back because hes not the type of player Brendan wants yet we sign Lambert

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: November 26, 2014, 11:41:05 am »
This is what i dont understand, why bring in players who cant play this style? I do not get why it has been changed. We sold Andy Carroll a few seasons back because hes not the type of player Brendan wants yet we sign Lambert
Lambert was worth a punt at the price we got him at. He has scored goals in the PL, links up well with Lallana, and is a decent back up striking option who offers something different when we need it.
And he's a good lad, so cool yer boots.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: November 26, 2014, 11:46:29 am »
Is Sakho fit for tonight ?

Online naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan