Author Topic: Liverpool v Burnley (h) March 4th 20.00  (Read 46762 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Burnley (h) March 4th 20.00
« Reply #40 on: March 2, 2015, 05:13:08 pm »
Any indication from Rodgers when Sakho is due back from injury?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #41 on: March 2, 2015, 05:39:43 pm »
Hopefully Sturridge starts and scores
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #42 on: March 2, 2015, 05:40:33 pm »
Come On Redmen!!
Should be a comfortable win as long as we can keep those intensity levels up and boos the space, pushing them back as the match goes on.
Sturridge starting seems likely and would like to see Phil slotting through to him. Allen and Hendo did great on Sunday in second half and we need more of the same on Wednesday.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 2, 2015, 05:50:00 pm »
I think they'll make it quite congested in the middle. If that's the case I'd go to a 433 but that have full backs basically as left and right sided midfielders and push can into a deeper role. In front of can Henderson and Coutinho with a front three of Sterling, Sturridge and Balotelli.  But that's only an alternative idea as in some games were given a lot of room I can't see dyche affording us so much and it might be difficult for the three that played against city to recreate that.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2015, 05:52:04 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #44 on: March 2, 2015, 05:56:16 pm »
Swap sturridge for markovic and put sterling at rwb. So that leaves is with couthino, lallana snd sturridge up top with Alberto and sterling as the wing backs.

That's what I'd do. I think Lallana will be necessary as his tight ball control around the edge of the area and ability to turn in an instant will be useful against a team that will almost certainly keep two defensive midfielders just in fornt of the back four.  Its also about time Raheem was given a change of scenery and play wider as we shall need to stretch their back four as far apart as possible.
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #45 on: March 2, 2015, 05:58:02 pm »
Burnley are wise to this league is as much that they rarely look totally out of their depth. Should win but another Leicester keeps me awake at night. 

Offline Tobez

• Kopite
  • We all Live r pool
« Reply #46 on: March 2, 2015, 05:59:03 pm »
You and your bleedin' rules! My campaign for goalie-in-and-out needs more top level discussion at the next LMA meeting.

Nothing like a bit of the old in-out in-out after the ultraviolence we'll be doling out.

Offline LondonRapLondon

• "Please leave me alone.....These little forum games are annoying."
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: March 2, 2015, 05:59:38 pm »

Could be an opportunity to get our Goal Difference up. Think we're about 10 behind Manu and Arsenal.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #48 on: March 2, 2015, 06:00:48 pm »
Could be an opportunity to get our Goal Difference up. Think we're about 10 behind Manu and Arsenal.

Not against Burnley it won't be.

Very rarely get hammered by anyone.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 2, 2015, 06:42:58 pm »
I have a feeling it'll be anything but comfortable, these games against sides we expect to steamroller always seem to end up with us losing our mojo as we struggle to break them down.

Offline turkish kopite

• Legacy Fan
  • Black&White, Believe&Fight
« Reply #50 on: March 2, 2015, 06:47:26 pm »
Really have to win this one.

C'mon you mighty reds
"Waiting for Vodafone Arena to win League Titles"

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 2, 2015, 06:57:15 pm »
343 is rightly our default formation right now . But in a game like this it won`t be as effective because Dyche`s game plan in the first game we played them was brilliant. They kicked it long every single time we got close to them and said `No, we are gonna press you, here is the ball` and we struggle to get out of our half in the first half. They won`t allow us to press them this time either.

Emre Can allows us to switch formations during games and Rodgers always took pride in our ability to do that. It wouldn`t be much of a risk to use 433 this one time have two box-to-box midfielders in Coutinho and Henderson both of them making runs into the box, Sturridge on the right cutting inside and shooting ( like he did under A.VB), Mario in the middle as an aerial threat and Raheem from the left cutting inside on his right creating problems for them.

I know it won`t happen but if our game plan is to press them high it won`t work as they won`t allow us to, we might as well try something different and look to get our forwards on the pitch.

So they will press us successfully but we won't be allowed to press them? Are they somehow better than us? I think our press has been exceptional lately as has our ability to evade a press (see Hotspur, Tottenham). Teams that press us do so at their peril. It leaves our multiple rapid players free reign to attack their goal.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2015, 07:01:21 pm by houkura »
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #52 on: March 2, 2015, 07:21:32 pm »
So they will press us successfully but we won't be allowed to press them? Are they somehow better than us? I think our press has been exceptional lately as has our ability to evade a press (see Hotspur, Tottenham). Teams that press us do so at their peril. It leaves our multiple rapid players free reign to attack their goal.
That day Toure couldn`t find his teammate to save his life, Gerrard as always was uncomfortable receiving the ball in tight spaces and their game plan worked brilliantly. If they try to do the same on Wednesday it probably wouldn`t work especially if Sakho plays and if Allen plays. But then again Lovren can be erratic with his passing and they could target him. With our most suitable personnel available I agree we`re extremely difficult to be pressed and that was the key to our upturn in form last few months.

Offline nevoo36

• Not One Of Us.
  • Kopite
« Reply #53 on: March 2, 2015, 07:26:42 pm »
We'll twat these c*nts.

Unusual prediction there Macca.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #54 on: March 2, 2015, 07:34:18 pm »
                          Mignolet
             Can         Skrtel        Sakho
Markovic      Allen          Hendo        Lallana
          Sterling     Sturridge     Coutinho

Jones, Toure, Lovren, Moreno, Balotelli, Borini, Lambert

Offline jarode

• Main Stander
« Reply #55 on: March 2, 2015, 07:37:36 pm »
I would happily take a boring 1-0 win to us!

....Infact id happily take 11 more 1-0 wins for us!!  :)

Offline Zephyr

• Thinks of RAWK whilst pleasuring himself
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #56 on: March 2, 2015, 07:42:22 pm »
Any type of win will do. But given our fine form, as of right now, we have a great chance of doing a number on this lot. Come on, Redmen!

Side note: brilliant posts as always, PoP. Enjoy reading em' a lot.

:scarf
Mint-Berry Crunch!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: March 2, 2015, 07:42:47 pm »
I would happily take a boring 1-0 win to us!

....Infact id happily take 11 more 1-0 wins for us!!  :)

We don't do boring with Brendan Rodgers.  :D

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: March 2, 2015, 07:44:52 pm »
Burnley shouldn't be underestimated, for sure, but they still have only won 1 game away all season. They've also score less than a goal per game in general, and concede at a rate of two per game on their travels. Our current score ratio is 2-1, so it has the feel of a 2-1 game altogether, although I think we can make it a 2 goal game in our favour if either our defence is on form, or if Sturridge happens to score a brace (with a midfielder adding the other). It will be interesting to see how Ings performs, given our interest in him, and he'll either work his socks off to impress (and possibly overdo it!), or he'll fail to match the intensity of the game and become isolated. It's likely that Burnley will play a 4-4-1-1 against us, to add numbers in midfield, but it might not be enough, with us having a 4v3 advantage yet again in the middle, which should force them to add a body from elsewhere (creating space where their player leaves - probably wide midfield, so more space for that wingback), or to try and use their advantage out wide (which will mean midfield domination for us):

Dyche is a good coach, so he'll have paid attention to the City game yesterday, and it's possible they'll drop their two central mids off to look after Coutinho and Lallana. If so, then it will be vitally important that we both make the most of set pieces, and that we use Can to run at them from deep and test the keeper with some shots. If they try to play us straight up, though, we should create at least 5 or 6 good chances in the game, and it will be up to the players on the ends of the chances to put them in the net.

you always fill me with optimism
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #59 on: March 2, 2015, 07:45:50 pm »
I'd be tempted to have Ibe and Lallana on the wings for this one. If Burnley sit deep with two defensive midfielders, we'll need to get in behind them from wide positions. I think I'd keep Markovic in the side as part of the front three, and sub him early for Sturridge if he can't find his form. Those little give-and-goes and chipped passes Markovic plays could be vital to us if Burnley have numbers in their own box.   

Edit: Whoops, forgot Ibe was out for a few weeks. Moreno at LWB, then, but definitely Lallana on the right.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2015, 09:05:55 pm by wemmick »

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #60 on: March 2, 2015, 07:54:53 pm »
There's a light at the end of the tunnel for these players.
If we can put out the same team against City, roll them over and then make a few changes for the Blackburn match. Win that and they can be given a few days off to go and relax on some beach. They've earned it in Istanbul.

Online mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: March 2, 2015, 07:55:55 pm »
they've actually drawn against city, chelsea, and utd. won't be an easy game at all. if we play with the same intent and enthusiasm as the city game then we'll get the 3 points. anything short of that will see us have a pretty frustrating time of it i think.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: March 2, 2015, 07:58:30 pm »
No underestimating them but essential we follow up the recent wins against direct rivals with a win against these. 1-0 off Kolo's arse will do me so long as we get the 3pts. Missing this one as will be flying back from a work do in Edinburgh so gutted.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Glen C

• Main Stander
  • Santouryuu: Hyou Kin Dama!
« Reply #63 on: March 2, 2015, 08:00:13 pm »
I dont understand how anyone can be wanting balotelli to start. He is so detrimental to our high pressing game.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 2, 2015, 08:01:30 pm »
I dont understand how anyone can be wanting balotelli to start. He is so detrimental to our high pressing game.

Because he's offered more than Sturridge last time he played
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #65 on: March 2, 2015, 08:08:58 pm »
I saw Burnley against United a few weeks ago and even though they lost they game 3-1 they were the better team. They are very organized. If you're expecting this to be a 3-0 or 4-0, you'll be disappointed.

However, saying that we're the form team and we're at home. I think the zone that we're currently in means that Burnley will only hold out for so long,
YWNA

Offline Glen C

• Main Stander
  • Santouryuu: Hyou Kin Dama!
« Reply #66 on: March 2, 2015, 08:31:05 pm »
Because he's offered more than Sturridge last time he played
Sturridge is rusty and lacking sharpness, but he's still more of a threat than balotelli has ever been.

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #67 on: March 2, 2015, 08:31:21 pm »
Ok. Time to concentrate minds.

Lee Mason is the ref.

Roger East is 4th official.

This will be a change from Sunday in more ways than one.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #68 on: March 2, 2015, 08:35:02 pm »
Come On Redmen!!
Should be a comfortable win as long as we can keep those intensity levels up and boos the space, pushing them back as the match goes on.
Sturridge starting seems likely and would like to see Phil slotting through to him. Allen and Hendo did great on Sunday in second half and we need more of the same on Wednesday.

The match is being played at Anfield mate, not Goodison!

;)
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #69 on: March 2, 2015, 08:37:11 pm »
Ibe is cuptied, I mean injured, for this one.

Offline Lasardine

• Serial knob
  • Kopite
« Reply #70 on: March 2, 2015, 08:41:14 pm »
Can we not get carried away please? It won't be comfortable, far from it. The way Man City played helped us a lot as we had so much space. Burnley will be far more solid and will make it hard for us to break them down, that's when we struggle. Or they'll press us high to stop us building from the back, like in the reverse fixture where we struggled. Dyche got his tactics spot on then and he'll do it again. He's no mug. Managed to get draws at City and Chelsea, should've beat Man Utd, drew with Spurs etc. We just have to hope we make no defensive errors and take whatever chances we get from their lack of quality and experience. Gonna be a game where we're needing to be patient though.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 2, 2015, 08:49:37 pm »
I would play Sturridge. Dunno why the heck some people are wondering if he will be the same again. He looked good vs Spurs and his touch and movement is still brilliant. He is just trying to be a bit too elaborate and is just a bit rusty.

He had poor games pre-injury as well.

Offline ac

• Headless chicken
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 2, 2015, 08:52:55 pm »
We are far less prolific this season and with an out of form Sturridge we will need to be patient on Wednesday. Sahko for me is a must as we will have a lot of the ball and he is far more comfortable than Lovren in that Left CB role. Wouldn't be surprised if there is a come down from the weekend, we get complacent and win unconvincingly by the odd goal.

Offline fcsantos

• Main Stander
  • Believer
« Reply #73 on: March 2, 2015, 09:04:14 pm »
Surprised how many people want Balo in, decent option off the bench at best for me.  Sturridge needs games...

Simon

Emre, Martin, Lovren

Lallana, Henderson, Allen, Moreno

Sterling, Coutinho

Sturridge

Not ideal having Lallana out wide, but, he would make the runs and score where Markovic won't.

Like to see Markovic late on for Coutinho / Sterling or Sturridge - not out wide.  Balo for Sturridge 70 minutes if we're winning.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #74 on: March 2, 2015, 09:24:31 pm »
Although on paper this is one of our theoretically "easier" remaining fixtures, Burnley are quite well organized and did well away to Chelsea and were unlucky against Man United. Hopefully this will not be a repeat of some of our struggles at home this season to current relegation candidates (i.e. Leicester, Hull, Aston Villa)

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #75 on: March 2, 2015, 09:30:27 pm »
Any word on Sakho?

Lovren's come back into some form though mind so no big deal to rush Sakho back.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #76 on: March 2, 2015, 10:29:52 pm »
3 points please.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 2, 2015, 10:32:15 pm »
Shouldn't we rest a few like Sterling, Allen, Skrtel? They must be running on empty!

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #78 on: March 2, 2015, 10:33:39 pm »
Although on paper this is one of our theoretically "easier" remaining fixtures, Burnley are quite well organized and did well away to Chelsea and were unlucky against Man United. Hopefully this will not be a repeat of some of our struggles at home this season to current relegation candidates (i.e. Leicester, Hull, Aston Villa)

Drew away with Man City too.

I'd go with the same team as yesterday and then pair Balotelli and sturridge against Blackburn when we'll have a few who'll need a breather.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #79 on: March 2, 2015, 10:36:39 pm »
Failed to win at Anfield against most of the relegation fighting teams this season: Sunderland, Leicester, Everton, Villa, Hull.

And Burnley have looked decent away against United and Chelsea lately.

No room for error really, need to win this and march forwards
;D