Author Topic: Liverpool v Burnley (h) March 4th 20.00  (Read 46763 times)

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Liverpool v Burnley (h) March 4th 20.00
« Reply #120 on: March 3, 2015, 05:16:41 am »
Sakho back please

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: March 3, 2015, 05:53:28 am »
After the Leicester draw I'm not taking any of these games at Anfield for granted. Full concentration and go full pelt at them. Somehow I doubt we will after the City and Saints games, though. Probably get a 1-0/2-0 win and scrape past after a couple of nervy moments.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #122 on: March 3, 2015, 06:06:41 am »
Sakho back please

I know you would probably say in place of Lovren. But I wouldn't be against Can having a rest for this one Jack. The lad has played a lot of games recently. And imo a few mistakes are creeping into his game. I think a rest could be just what he needs mate. Bring him back for the Blackburn game.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #123 on: March 3, 2015, 06:21:57 am »
I know you would probably say in place of Lovren. But I wouldn't be against Can having a rest for this one Jack. The lad has played a lot of games recently. And imo a few mistakes are creeping into his game. I think a rest could be just what he needs mate. Bring him back for the Blackburn game.

If Sakho is fit, I'd consider benching Can as well as Sterling -- they both seem a little fatigued mentally. We could then have a solid bench to call on, with Gerrard returning too.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: March 3, 2015, 06:26:58 am »

Would rather rest Can against blackburn though, or not at all, since after that were pretty much back to a game a week. As much as Lovren has improved and deserves another crack at the whip i think he'll have to wait for someone else to pick up an injury to get to prove it and likewise balotelli And Gerrard. We're getting closer to a settled first (11 v chelsea in the cc + sturridge, lallana, ibe, allen) with balotelli, Lovren and imo hopefully gerrard outside of it. I think we'll go back to what we did last season with barely any rotation going on unless enforced through injury or suspension. As good as Lovren and Allen were over the weekend I'd still put lucas and sakho straight back in when they're back from injury.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2015, 06:39:41 am by theMilkman »
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: March 3, 2015, 06:44:53 am »
  I would go
  Mignolet
             Can         Skrtel        Sakho
Lallana      Allen          Hendo        Moreno
          Sterling     Sturridge     Coutinho

hope they dont shoot from the kick off,

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #126 on: March 3, 2015, 07:05:48 am »
Don`t see a single reason why we shouldn`t go all offensive and put 3 guys upfront in Sterling, Sturridge and Balo. ( in a similar way Barca set-up with their 3 forwards). They`ll park the bus and all that so it`s time for as many forwards on the pitch as opposed to attacking midfielders.
They didn't park the bus at Bridge, Etihad and Old Trafford actually.
Agree. They're not a team that likes to sit back too much. Their more of a pressing side with good indvidual skill on the ball- a mini Southampton. I don't see them sitting back too much. I expect them to work incredibly hard in midfield, tightly mark whoever is in there and swamp the likes of Lallana, Sterling and Coutinho.

I forsee a sloppy encounter with few shots on goal, lots of misplaced passes and frustration. We will only win this if we're up for it, which I think we will be.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2015, 07:07:40 am by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: March 3, 2015, 08:40:08 am »
Think Sturridge is nailed on to start.

Be interesting which 2 of Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana starts behind him.

Same midfield, same wing-backs.

Lovren or Sakho (depending on fitness) alongside Skrtel and Can.

Hoping for a comfortable win. Our form against the weaker teams isn't great at home, although most of them games were when we were in awful form.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: March 3, 2015, 09:27:52 am »
Burnley shouldn't be underestimated, for sure, but they still have only won 1 game away all season. They've also score less than a goal per game in general, and concede at a rate of two per game on their travels. Our current score ratio is 2-1, so it has the feel of a 2-1 game altogether, although I think we can make it a 2 goal game in our favour if either our defence is on form, or if Sturridge happens to score a brace (with a midfielder adding the other). It will be interesting to see how Ings performs, given our interest in him, and he'll either work his socks off to impress (and possibly overdo it!), or he'll fail to match the intensity of the game and become isolated. It's likely that Burnley will play a 4-4-1-1 against us, to add numbers in midfield, but it might not be enough, with us having a 4v3 advantage yet again in the middle, which should force them to add a body from elsewhere (creating space where their player leaves - probably wide midfield, so more space for that wingback), or to try and use their advantage out wide (which will mean midfield domination for us):

Dyche is a good coach, so he'll have paid attention to the City game yesterday, and it's possible they'll drop their two central mids off to look after Coutinho and Lallana. If so, then it will be vitally important that we both make the most of set pieces, and that we use Can to run at them from deep and test the keeper with some shots. If they try to play us straight up, though, we should create at least 5 or 6 good chances in the game, and it will be up to the players on the ends of the chances to put them in the net.

I'd imagine that they'll try and sit deep. They can't let Lallana and Coutinho have a lot of space to work with. Nor can they allow Sterling to use his pace. My guess is they'll play a la Greece 2004. And then try to make the most of set pieces. We'll have to rely on individual skill and creativity. And if that's not enough, I'd expect Lambert to come on late in the game.

If we can get an early goal, I reckon we could rip them to pieces.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: March 3, 2015, 09:29:56 am »
Think Sturridge is nailed on to start.

Be interesting which 2 of Sterling, Coutinho and Lallana starts behind him.

Or if Rodgers decides not to make the choice of 2 from 3 and just plays Sterling up top again.

I would tend to agree that Sturridge starts though - odds are Burnley will be quite defensive, which means if they camp in their half, we will need the best finishing we have got, which for me would tend to put Sterling back on the bench in favour of Sturridge. It's hard to drop Coutinho after a stunning game, and Lallana is playing himself into form. However, Sterling is obviously a great asset to have on the pitch too. I think it's between him and Lallana for the 'off the bench at 65 minutes' role.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #130 on: March 3, 2015, 09:38:02 am »
I'd imagine that they'll try and sit deep. They can't let Lallana and Coutinho have a lot of space to work with. Nor can they allow Sterling to use his pace. My guess is they'll play a la Greece 2004. And then try to make the most of set pieces. We'll have to rely on individual skill and creativity. And if that's not enough, I'd expect Lambert to come on late in the game.

If we can get an early goal, I reckon we could rip them to pieces.
That's pretty much how I view the game going, which makes it more important for us to continue with the closing down and pressing we had against City. Playing against low blocks is difficult and though we're a bit more equipped to deal with it now, it can still be an issue. Close them down with the same or better intensity than we did against City and we will get more attacking transitions higher up the pitch, which is much more ideal than trying to open them up with ten men behind the ball. I'd go with a team that is more likely to regain the ball high up the pitch consistently, which is basically Sunday's team.
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: March 3, 2015, 09:40:31 am »
They're not a team that likes to sit back too much. Their more of a pressing side with good indvidual skill on the ball- a mini Southampton. I don't see them sitting back too much.

If this is the case, I think we should kill them off fairly easily with our counters, our superior skill should show through.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #132 on: March 3, 2015, 09:45:50 am »

:wellin :wellin

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #133 on: March 3, 2015, 10:28:18 am »
This is a massive game -  as is every game between now and the end of the season.

It's almost as big a test as the City game. It's easy to get up for the big games and we've done that consistently this season. We've struggled against the smaller clubs at home though. We may have played most of them games earlier in the season but tomorrow will be a good chance to show we've improved that facet of our game/performance. It's a game we should win but I think it'll be a close affair.

We win and it really does start to turn the screw on our top 4 rivals. A win and the likes of United and Arsenal will know we are relentless in our pursuit of them. Tottenham and Southampton know they'll need to keep winning just to hang onto our coat tails. A win against Burnley keeps that pressure up on all our rivals. For a team like United that pressure to get top 4 is already huge. Anything we can do to add to it will hopefully be beneficial for us.

Therefore I'd play the strongest team available. If we are looking to rest any players in the short term I personally would look to the Blackburn game at the weekend as the opportunity to do this.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Alanslad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #134 on: March 3, 2015, 10:33:58 am »

:lmao

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #135 on: March 3, 2015, 10:39:08 am »

Was about to say that :lmao
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline bazz

• Main Stander
« Reply #136 on: March 3, 2015, 10:41:54 am »
Brilliant!

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: March 3, 2015, 11:05:11 am »
Lee Fucking Mason

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: March 3, 2015, 11:12:58 am »

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 3, 2015, 11:30:57 am »
Got a video?

No just a fear the bastard will do a number on us like he has in the past

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #140 on: March 3, 2015, 11:39:07 am »
We are on a roll....and we all know the dangers that could bring. Complacency.

They are not to be underestimated as their draws at Chelsea and City prove, but we should have enough quality to see this one out without any big problems.

Stay focused and keep this run going....we are not far off the end of the season here and have done brilliantly to get back into a decent position. Just need to finish it off now.

A well needed rest period is coming up...the only person I definitely want to see in the starting line up is Sturridge. Burnley will fight for every ball so we need to be on our game

2-0 redmen
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #141 on: March 3, 2015, 11:41:09 am »
Interested to see if Sturridge starts this one.

If he does, in place of who??.............Sterling or Markovic (with a shift around of either Lallana or Sterling going to the right)

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #142 on: March 3, 2015, 12:19:36 pm »
Give them respect and all that, but its Burnley (not Bayern) at home lads and lasses...

You have to be expecting a good win.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #143 on: March 3, 2015, 12:37:20 pm »
Not a bad side Burnley and to be fair they have tried to give it a proper go at the bigger clubs away from home. We just need to be up for this and capitalize on the 3 points from the city game. We should also have an eye on goal difference. We haven`t really blown away many teams this season so if we play well and get an early goal there is a chance of really improving the goal difference we could be crucial come the end of the season. I say that without any disrespect to Burnley. Great club with a really good manager but we should have far too much for them

I thought Lovren did okay on Sunday and it was probably his best game for us. I agree with some of the other posters that we should perhaps look to give Can a rest
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #144 on: March 3, 2015, 12:39:08 pm »
Been a while since we gave someone a good hiding at home. Only really Swansea this season and that wasn't as comfortable as the scoreline suggested. Not saying it'll happen as Burnley will make it hard for us but it would nice and one is due.
The reds are coming up the hill boys.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 3, 2015, 12:41:17 pm »
I think Sterling might get a rest for this one.

Migs

Can   Skrtel   Lovren

Markovic  Hendo  Allen  Moreno

Lallana      Coutinho

Sturridge

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: March 3, 2015, 12:58:22 pm »

If he had sat in a deckchair at the side of the pitch for the city game, we still would have won 2-1; they had one shot on target and no corners.   

;)
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #147 on: March 3, 2015, 01:22:54 pm »
Strongest team possible, we have Blackburn next then week off.

No need to risk anything, 3 points are vital.

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #148 on: March 3, 2015, 01:40:09 pm »
Take nothing for granted, put a strong side out, get some early goals (hopefully) then bring off who BR thinks needs a rest.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: March 3, 2015, 01:47:58 pm »
Would rather rest Can against blackburn though, or not at all, since after that were pretty much back to a game a week. As much as Lovren has improved and deserves another crack at the whip i think he'll have to wait for someone else to pick up an injury to get to prove it and likewise balotelli And Gerrard. We're getting closer to a settled first (11 v chelsea in the cc + sturridge, lallana, ibe, allen) with balotelli, Lovren and imo hopefully gerrard outside of it. I think we'll go back to what we did last season with barely any rotation going on unless enforced through injury or suspension. As good as Lovren and Allen were over the weekend I'd still put lucas and sakho straight back in when they're back from injury.

Whilst I think Lucas is the better tackler, I think that performance by Allen at the weekend was the best one we've seen by a player in that position all season.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline decky

• Legacy Fan
  • DOYA
    • I play in a band you know
« Reply #150 on: March 3, 2015, 02:14:42 pm »
I think Sterling might get a rest for this one.

Migs

Can   Skrtel   Lovren

Markovic  Hendo  Allen  Moreno

Lallana      Coutinho

Sturridge

He has had several games out with injury though, so should be fresh enough to start

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: March 3, 2015, 02:33:19 pm »
Whilst I think Lucas is the better tackler, I think that performance by Allen at the weekend was the best one we've seen by a player in that position all season.

At the risk of being negative about a player who's just put in a very good performance for which i am as delighted with as anyone else, i think it helped him a lot that city weren't pressing as aggressively as other teams might and I'd say both henderson and lucas at home to chelsea in the league cup were just as good if not better. I also think that (vs chelsea) was our best overall team performance of the season Against tougher opposition as well.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2015, 02:37:00 pm by theMilkman »
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #152 on: March 3, 2015, 02:35:26 pm »
That changes if we win on Sunday. A cup semi would mean a re-arranged league game I think.

Or draw as we'd have a midweek replay ;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: March 3, 2015, 02:42:24 pm »
Could even go Lallana at RWB and Sterling + Coutinho behind Sturridge. Lallana's been pretty decent whenever he's been shifted there.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #154 on: March 3, 2015, 02:45:50 pm »
As a possibly unnecessary aside, Damien Duff used to intentionally act tired to try and get one over on his marker. Some player, Duffer.

Need an excuse in work to watch this one Stateside, new job has no conveniently located Irish pub with internet across the road. Has the feelings of Fulham last year.

Fulham last year you say....

http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: March 3, 2015, 03:41:53 pm »
Must win to keep momentum
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #156 on: March 3, 2015, 03:47:46 pm »
It's the type of game that can kill the momentum we have created over the last 2 months.

Burnley have only won 1 game away from home (Stoke, 1-2) & conceded 26 goals in 13 games.  We should be able to score 2 goals in this fixture but we have seen what can happen when we drew 2-2 with Leicester at Anfield.  At the same time Burnley have demonstrated they can pull off results even against the most difficult opponents (City & Chelsea).

Just need to remain focussed and ensure we take the 3 points.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #157 on: March 3, 2015, 03:50:07 pm »
Coutinho is getting closer and closer to filling the Suarez role.  Seems to be playing at a different level to everyone else on the pitch of late.

Must start.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #158 on: March 3, 2015, 04:38:07 pm »
Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard is back in training after a hamstring injury but is unlikely to return for Wednesday’s Barclays Premier League visit of Burnley.

Winger Jordon Ibe is expected to be sidelined until the end of the month with the knee injury suffered in the Europa League loss at Beşiktaş last week.

Central defender Mamadou Sakho is close to a return after a hip injury and full-back Glen Johnson should be back in contention after illness.

Provisional squad: Mignolet, Ward, Sakho, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Toure, Johnson, Williams, Markovic, Henderson, Allen, Moreno, Sterling, Lallana, Coutinho, Sturridge, Borini, Balotelli, Lambert.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: March 3, 2015, 05:37:03 pm »
This on TV anywhere? Setanta maybe?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT