Author Topic: Stevie's Testimonial Game  (Read 19842 times)

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
Re: Stevie's Testimonial Game
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2015, 09:23:16 am »
Apparently John Arne Riise is going to be involved in this one

If you read the thread you'll see that's already confirmed

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2015, 11:58:04 am »
Is Ibe available for selection?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2015, 12:05:34 pm »
Hodgson is, at this moment, sat at home refreshing his email account wondering why there's no email from Stevie.  But all there is are owl photos, memos from club doctors, and a Google alert for "hodgson, methods, translated, 35 years, underrated".
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2015, 12:09:04 pm »
Hodgson is, at this moment, sat at home refreshing his email account wondering why there's no email from Stevie.  But all there is are owl photos, memos from club doctors, and a Google alert for "hodgson, methods, translated, 35 years, underrated".

He'll be on the phone to Gerrard telling him not to worry - this time he has managed to persuade Luke Young & Carlton Cole to come and play at Anfield alongside Poulsen and Joe Cole. It'll be 'formidable' apparently...
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2015, 12:55:33 pm »
He'll be on the phone to Gerrard telling him not to worry - this time he has managed to persuade Luke Young & Carlton Cole to come and play at Anfield alongside Poulsen and Joe Cole. It'll be 'formidable' apparently...

Konchesky too...   :-X

Offline Mr. Heisenberg

• Kemlynite
  • Say My Name....
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2015, 11:11:02 pm »
That's very nice for them. It's still fucking ridiculous to suggest it would be "nice to see" youth player X in a squad for a testimonial. It means absolutely nothing. The reality is that the youth players will be in the squad if we can't get enough former-team-mates-and-friends together for a kick-about, or if Gerrard is particularly enamoured with him as a mate. He's not going to ask some kid from the youth team to play "for experience". Some people take stuff like this far too seriously. This is a game for emotions and fun and charity. Not for helping to bring through the next generation of Liverpool players.

The irony  ;D

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2015, 11:58:23 pm »
So who's actually confirmed now? Torres, JAR, Carra, ???

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #127 on: February 27, 2015, 12:15:09 am »
What, no Owen?!

Would love to see Xabi back here.

And a proper "seeya" to Suarez could also take place too.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #128 on: February 27, 2015, 01:47:10 am »
Konchesky too...   :-X

'kinell - forgot about him - tell him to bring his mum too ;)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #129 on: February 27, 2015, 01:50:52 am »
What, no Owen?!

Would love to see Xabi back here.

And a proper "seeya" to Suarez could also take place too.

Owen was due to play but snapped 3 fingers when texting Gerrard back to confirm his appearance.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #130 on: March 1, 2015, 09:16:05 pm »
Torres wants to play in the testemonial. Looking forward to see him in the right shirt again.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #131 on: March 2, 2015, 03:23:36 pm »
Torres wants to play in the testemonial. Looking forward to see him in the right shirt again.
actually hope he gets a great reception
I think deep down he knows he fked up
might have the medals but for those years in blue he knows he was unloved

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: March 2, 2015, 05:19:56 pm »
Any idea roughly how much tickets will be for this

its the day before my birthday and i'm so eager to get a couple of tickets, haven't been to anfield in years

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #133 on: March 2, 2015, 05:23:25 pm »
Criminal if Kuyt doesn't get an invite.
:D

Offline BirdBrain

• Anny Roader
« Reply #134 on: March 2, 2015, 07:20:42 pm »
Lets smash this Stevie G XI whoever they are! 3 points in the bag  ;D

I like these testimonial games that are full of current and ex-pros ...definitely better than the ones with John Bishop, Gordon Ramsay and yer man from Kasabian.

Offline JRC_

• Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #135 on: March 2, 2015, 07:30:11 pm »

its the day before my birthday and i'm so eager to get a couple of tickets, haven't been to anfield in years

No one will have any idea until the details are released

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #136 on: March 2, 2015, 07:48:36 pm »

I'd say £10-£15ish.

Offline mtred1984

• Doesn't rate Matt Jarvis' ability to source tickets. Wishes he lived in wonderful St Helens.
  • Kopite
« Reply #137 on: March 2, 2015, 08:03:06 pm »
He had a testimonial to celebrate - I think - something like 15 years of service and 10 years of captaincy.

Now he's having one to, effectively, say "goodbye (for now?!)".

The money generated will likely go to his foundation. It will give some fans the chance to see him play again before he leaves (those who might not have the money/credits/tickets to see him in a competitive game). It will give him the chance to say goodbye in a more emotional way than when he has to be fully focused in a competitive game.

Can we drop this whole "HE'S ALREADY HAD A TESTIMONIAL" shit? Along with the "that player doesn't deserve to be here" shit.

Thanks.

What a load of bollocks

Makes me laugh that your trying to explain what defines a testimonial. A testimonial is awarded for 10 years of service, gerrard has had this since he was 28 and took it against olympiakos. Agree with the previous post about this he's a great player and servant to the club, dragged us out the shit plenty of times etc but that's it for me, he had his testimonial, that was his day to say thanks to the fans and fans to him, it was a sell out and proceeds went to charity.

Big Sami didn't even get a testimonial, yet Gerard's getting another one it seems? Bit of a piss take for me that

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #138 on: March 2, 2015, 08:35:21 pm »
What a load of bollocks

Makes me laugh that your trying to explain what defines a testimonial. A testimonial is awarded for 10 years of service, gerrard has had this since he was 28 and took it against olympiakos. Agree with the previous post about this he's a great player and servant to the club, dragged us out the shit plenty of times etc but that's it for me, he had his testimonial, that was his day to say thanks to the fans and fans to him, it was a sell out and proceeds went to charity.

Big Sami didn't even get a testimonial, yet Gerard's getting another one it seems? Bit of a piss take for me that

Wow. Some people will get pointlessly pissed off about LITERALLY anything. What a waste of ire.

He's our captain, a club legend and after Kenny probably the best and / or most significant player in the club's history. If he wants another charity game, or the club want to offer him one, what the hell is it to do with you? You don't have to go, and for those that want to give him a send off some money is made for charity, and we get to welcome some great names back to the club.

"he's a great player and servant to the club, dragged us out the shit plenty of times etc but that's it for me". That's it? He's a legendary player, one of the best to grace the Premier League, a one club local lad, an England and Liverpool captain who inspired us to a Champions League and FA Cup title as well as some of the best results in the club's history domestically and in Europe. Either you really don't rate the guy (which is simply beyond my comprehension) or you just like getting pissed off about stuff that has no real impact on you.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2015, 08:38:48 pm by JerseyKopite »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: March 2, 2015, 08:38:15 pm »

So you're pissed hes' getting another one? go take you're pissing elsewhere.  :wanker

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: March 2, 2015, 11:39:51 pm »
Those moaning about 'another testimonial' and the guest list - hope you can look back years later at the career highlight reels and keep convincing yourself the he's just 'another top player' with a straight face.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: March 3, 2015, 12:06:42 am »
snip

Outrage for the sake of outrage.  How does Gerrard having a charity game impact you?  How is it a piss take? 

Offline mtred1984

• Doesn't rate Matt Jarvis' ability to source tickets. Wishes he lived in wonderful St Helens.
  • Kopite
« Reply #142 on: March 3, 2015, 07:01:06 am »
"Piss take for me" because Sami got fuck all, a lap of honour that was it, that guy gave everything aswell to liverpool, albeit not the impact you saw off gerrard but still.

Digger didn't get a testimonial, I no kenny was only signed in 78 and was player manager aswell but he didn't even get one or even a thank you game off the club! I no that was a past era but there's even still a chance he might come back on loan next season for 6 months! Why not do it when he retires instead of during the season, he and other players could pick up a pointless injury!

Oh and I won't forget after the champions league final when he then wanted a contract infront of him when we'd been offering it him all throughout the season

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #143 on: March 3, 2015, 07:06:27 am »
"Piss take for me" because Sami got fuck all, a lap of honour that was it, that guy gave everything aswell to liverpool, albeit not the impact you saw off gerrard but still.

Digger didn't get a testimonial, I no kenny was only signed in 78 and was player manager aswell but he didn't even get one or even a thank you game off the club! I no that was a past era but there's even still a chance he might come back on loan next season for 6 months! Why not do it when he retires instead of during the season, he and other players could pick up a pointless injury!

Oh and I won't forget after the champions league final when he then wanted a contract infront of him when we'd been offering it him all throughout the season

I bet you're loads of fun at parties. This game will raise hundreds of thousands of pounds for charity. Even on a basic fucking level, how is that a bad thing?

Offline mtred1984

• Kopite
« Reply #144 on: March 3, 2015, 07:07:59 am »
I bet you're loads of fun at parties.

You'd be surprised ha

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: March 3, 2015, 07:17:59 am »

You're Andy@Allerton, aren't you?

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #146 on: March 3, 2015, 10:34:50 am »
exactly.  the day we signed suarez i seriously couldnt wait to see him upfront with torres. never happened :(

wonder will Rafa Benitez show up. i dont think Napoli have a game that week

Be boss if Rafa  was there as well....

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #147 on: March 3, 2015, 12:48:46 pm »

He's testimonial tied.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #148 on: March 3, 2015, 12:53:13 pm »

It all comes out now.

Hope they put on a good show for everyone and make lots of money for the foundation.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #149 on: March 3, 2015, 12:53:45 pm »
He's testimonial tied.
Rossiter can replace Ibe, who is testimonial-tied...

Not even a footnote?

RAWK citation standards are really slipping... ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: March 3, 2015, 12:57:23 pm »
I bet you're loads of fun at parties. This game will raise hundreds of thousands of pounds for charity. Even on a basic fucking level, how is that a bad thing?

But de contract in 2005 doh grudge mutter stiffie G mutter not a real leg end mutter slips up dat Everton photo Phil Collins mutter Rafa out grumble contract creased fod doh, doesnt deserve it save it for real legends not dilettantes like Gerrard Hodgson England Captain mutter mumble grumble fumble bumble womble Sussudio
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #151 on: March 3, 2015, 01:14:27 pm »
Would love to see Xabi, Stevie and Moreno together on the pitch

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: March 3, 2015, 01:16:11 pm »

Don't worry about it, mate, everyone at the game will be having a great old time while you sulk in the corner burning pictures of him, cursing him for sticking by us in the end to win a league cup with us when he could have won leagues at Chelsea, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Bayern Munich, etc etc.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #153 on: March 3, 2015, 01:30:03 pm »
What a load of bollocks

No one's forcing you to go.  Are you really that pissed off that he's arranging a match where proceeds go to charity!?  When most people have a testimonial they pocket the money.

I bet the kids love playing pin the tail on the ass with him

Offline Ken-Obi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: March 4, 2015, 01:50:51 am »
He's still upset about Stevie shaking hands with Jose.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #155 on: March 5, 2015, 05:08:36 pm »
http://www.90min.com/posts/1928369-fernando-torres-on-anfield-gerrard-and-charity-match?a_aid=35322

http://www.90min.com/posts/1928369-fernando-torres-on-anfield-gerrard-and-charity-match?a_aid=35322

Players like John Terry and Didier Drogba will also be there. Don`t like that bit.

Would kind of like to see Suarez and Torres together up front in Liverpool shirts, but maybe this means that the shirts will be more neutral?
« Last Edit: March 5, 2015, 05:22:46 pm by Raaphael »

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #156 on: March 6, 2015, 12:54:08 am »

Players like John Terry and Didier Drogba will also be there. Don`t like that bit.

Would kind of like to see Suarez and Torres together up front in Liverpool shirts, but maybe this means that the shirts will be more neutral?

I think the home team will be a red strip branded with the charity rather than a LFC one, away will probably same branding in a different colour

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: March 6, 2015, 04:25:52 am »
Would be nice to hear the Torres chant one last time. Not holding my breath though.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #158 on: March 6, 2015, 09:07:35 am »
WTF are Terry and Drogba doing there? Ughh

Offline Rexy

• Main Stander
« Reply #159 on: March 6, 2015, 09:27:33 am »
WTF are Terry and Drogba doing there? Ughh

Obviously invited by Stevie, fair play to them for taking part and showing their respect towards our captain