Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 118657 times)

Offline "Ninja Skrtel"

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2015, 01:34:59 am »
He's scored some beauties already but my favs are his less spectacular- charge down goal vs Swansea and the free kick rebound vs Crystal Palace. Direct rewards for his game intelligence and work ethic which are immense.
"Behave yourself".

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 16, 2015, 01:39:49 am »
For a skilful player his balance is poor

Christ. That's the thing he has in abundance! I think his balance is the main reason he can do all those fancy turns. Don't think he's an absolutely amazing dribbler but he sends the defenders the other way with his body.

Not that he isn't technical or skilful mind, it's just the thing that has stood out for me.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #82 on: February 16, 2015, 04:32:40 am »
He's still angry at Brendan for selling away Suarez - there's nobody like Luis. ;D
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2015, 04:48:54 am »
Lambert Lallana makes me think of the player Borini could have been if he was able to add assists and goals to his game for Liverpool. Same attitude, but both players have very different skills around the goal
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:04:54 am by PhaseOfPlay »
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2015, 04:57:14 am »
So far we've had;

-all time world XI (Cruyff)
-Liverpool great (Beardsley)
-Liverpool great (Whelan)
-Liverpool great (Kennedy)
-England great (Brooking)

I think we're missing a bit of modern great, I'd go for Iniesta, and then I'd pop a bit of 90s cult hero in, maybe someone like Kinkladze.

Anymore for anymore? Sir Stanley Matthews maybe deserves a shout if you want to go to the pre-Cruyff era.

Looking at our youth teams, we can probably call him the Old Cameron Brannagan. Let's also compare him to Ravel Morrison by saying he's the Old New Kaka Gerrard lovechild.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2015, 05:09:45 am »
So far we've had;

-all time world XI (Cruyff)
-Liverpool great (Beardsley)
-Liverpool great (Whelan)
-Liverpool great (Kennedy)
-England great (Brooking)

I think we're missing a bit of modern great, I'd go for Iniesta, and then I'd pop a bit of 90s cult hero in, maybe someone like Kinkladze.

Anymore for anymore? Sir Stanley Matthews maybe deserves a shout if you want to go to the pre-Cruyff era.

Looking at our youth teams, we can probably call him the Old Cameron Brannagan. Let's also compare him to Ravel Morrison by saying he's the Old New Kaka Gerrard lovechild.

English David Silva.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline deadsetred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2015, 05:25:17 am »
Reminds me a bit of an English Adam Lallana

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 16, 2015, 05:26:54 am »
Cost too much? I don't see it. More goals and assists than Lamela (£30 million), way more impact than Herrera (£30 million). Barely started his Liverpool career at this point due to injury and already has a couple winners that could be the difference in getting top 4 and/or silverware.

Sounds like a good buy to me....and balance? Probably one of his best attributes. Ridiculous first touch too.
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #89 on: February 16, 2015, 05:59:36 am »
Cost too much? I don't see it. More goals and assists than Lamela (£30 million), way more impact than Herrera (£30 million). Barely started his Liverpool career at this point due to injury and already has a couple winners that could be the difference in getting top 4 and/or silverware.

Sounds like a good buy to me....and balance? Probably one of his best attributes. Ridiculous first touch too.

Summed it up perfectly.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2015, 06:45:55 am »
That must have been a training drill goal. Skrtel moving out of the wall and creating a space for Balotelli to hammer it into. Lallana on the move in acres of space able to places it in the corner. Great team goal.

No problem with getting him. All our signings are starting to show something now. Even Lovren and Balotelli despite horrendous stats.

Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2015, 06:54:06 am »
Lambert makes me think of the player Borini could have been if he was able to add assists and goals to his game for Liverpool. Same attitude, but both players have very different skills around the goal
I know it's late, but we are talking about Lallana.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2015, 07:05:11 am »

Oy vey :D

Changed
Better looking than Samie.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2015, 07:18:30 am »

There have been many worse signings than Lallana, also in this club. But you can also say he has had a lot less impact than Can, Eriksen and many other much cheaper players. Personally, I think he should show a bit more for that kind of money to be an ok signing, but not that much.  The price tag for Lallana just sums up the insanity of the market where 25M doesn't even get you a starter.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2015, 07:54:54 am »

I'm not sure naming expensive flops helps the point you're trying to make.

If we had spent that kind of fee on an additional striker we would likely be sitting in top 4 rather than chasing it. In any case this is ground that's already been gone over, and Lallana is a good player, that much has never been in dispute.

Actually reminds me of Allen a bit. Many of the same strengths but combined with an all important set of balls.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2015, 07:56:48 am by Cid »

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2015, 08:05:40 am »
One of those players you just love watching. He's so elegant on the ball.

Agreed.  we're lucky to have at least two players who are a joy to watch with the ball.  Coutinho and Lallana.  I'd count Sterling when he's back in one of the AM positions.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2015, 08:07:13 am »
There have been many worse signings than Lallana, also in this club. But you can also say he has had a lot less impact than Can, Eriksen and many other much cheaper players. Personally, I think he should show a bit more for that kind of money to be an ok signing, but not that much.  The price tag for Lallana just sums up the insanity of the market where 25M doesn't even get you a starter.

Eriksen has had an impact in his second season with Spurs.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2015, 08:13:41 am »
Eriksen has had an impact in his second season with Spurs.
Yes? He was a lot cheaper than Lallana, and he's younger. A very good signing by Spurs. 
I think Lallana will do more for us, but I don't think he will ever be considered a great buy.

Offline Miro

• Anny Roader
« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2015, 08:27:38 am »
I'm glad Lallana is starting to show how effective he is in creating and scoring goals. Keep it up son! hope he stays clear of injuries

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2015, 08:28:31 am »
I see some McManaman in Lallana. Man I loved Macca.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2015, 09:19:07 am »
Yes? He was a lot cheaper than Lallana, and he's younger. A very good signing by Spurs. 
I think Lallana will do more for us, but I don't think he will ever be considered a great buy.

What does that even mean? Why does it even matter? We are getting what we paid for, when we bought Lallana. He is a quality footballer whose going price in this market is around 25 million. It really doesn't matter if he is a great buy because he is a very good player.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2015, 09:46:23 am »
Well seeing's as we've been doing comparisons to former greats, what with the Kennedy, Brooking, Beardsley, Whelan shouts, i'm gonna pick up on a previous poster who said he has no balance as perhaps his most obvious attribute is his balance and grace when moving with the ball, all of which reminds me of the most balletic footballer to ever grace the beautiful game...i'm talking about the Dutch maestro Johan Cryuff, now obviously he doesn't quite have Cryuff's skillset but when he moves with the ball that is who Lallana most reminds me of.

Love that.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #102 on: February 16, 2015, 10:11:26 am »
Lallana, I think, will have a lot more impact now the rest of the team is functioning as Rodgers has foreseen.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: February 16, 2015, 12:21:42 pm »
Considering he's been in and out all season and has only managed 14 PL starts his numbers are pretty good.  (4 goals / 3 assists) Extrapolate that over the season and were looking at around a 10 goal/8 assist contribution.

Not bad for a player not considered as a starter.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 16, 2015, 12:33:13 pm »
I see some McManaman in Lallana. Man I loved Macca.

Good shout that, A McManaman, Banayoun hybrid
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Lar Salty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #105 on: February 16, 2015, 12:40:07 pm »
Macca without the quickness...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #106 on: February 16, 2015, 12:57:55 pm »

Stossi Macaroon.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 16, 2015, 01:32:21 pm »
He's fantastic. Through the years I've longed for a player that'll bring any ball down like it was a piece of cake. The likes of Bergkamp, Ibra, Berbatov and more recently Silva have always caught my eye. We finally have a player who in my eyes belongs in that company for pure control. It's really magic.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 16, 2015, 01:45:16 pm »

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 16, 2015, 01:47:10 pm »
He's fantastic. Through the years I've longed for a player that'll bring any ball down like it was a piece of cake.

Molby could do it, problem is then he'd eat the cake ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #110 on: February 16, 2015, 04:02:41 pm »
I was very happy when we signed Lallana but honestly I haven't really been that impressed.  I think he is doing ok but definitely can improve.  He is a very good player & I guess it comes down to expectations.  At 26/27 I thought he would come in a be one of our top players.  Perhaps a little unfair. 

Having said all that he is scoring at a rate of 1 in 4 in the league which is pretty much what we want!  Just need him to stay fit, good pre season etc. 

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #111 on: February 16, 2015, 04:07:57 pm »
He's fantastic. Through the years I've longed for a player that'll bring any ball down like it was a piece of cake. The likes of Bergkamp, Ibra, Berbatov and more recently Silva have always caught my eye. We finally have a player who in my eyes belongs in that company for pure control. It's really magic.
Surely you are kidding? Lallana is ok, but he doesn't even make our starting lineup. I think his ball control is pretty average for this level of football. His main strength is his reading of the game - a smart player.

Offline schumi_pete

• Main Stander
« Reply #112 on: February 16, 2015, 04:14:29 pm »

If he can score/assist fifteen goals a season for five seasons, that's money well spent.

There have been plenty of poor players we have shelled out money for in the past. While the transfer fee probably was slightly more expensive than what we expected, Lallana is still a very good purchase for us.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 16, 2015, 04:47:30 pm »
He's a quality option. Type of player who is as likely to get a scruffy goal as much as a brilliant goal, someone we needed.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2015, 05:18:22 pm »
For a skilful player his balance is poor

I think you are in a minority of 1.

Even fans of other clubs would admit his balance is excellent.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #115 on: February 16, 2015, 05:25:01 pm »
Fantastic little enabler who can also do the business. Proper Liverpool player, will only get better.

quasi is a closer comparison, he does a lot of work not noticed and ghosts into the box at times, an intelligent player just like Beardsley was for us.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2015, 05:32:15 pm »
For the Joe Allen haters, it's "all he does is pass the ball sideways."

For the Adam Lallana haters, it's "all he does is Cruyff turns."

Two very lazy and very naive stances.

Love watching him play, just seems to glide with the ball. Could use some work on his decision making and when to release the ball as he tends to hold on to the ball too long, stifling our play sometimes. But that's really my only complaint.

But he's smart, works hard, and now that he's healthy and playing with strikers in front of him, I expect we'll start to really see him come alive these last few months of the season. He was the number one reason I tuned in to watch Southampton games last season and I was delighted when we bought him.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2015, 05:48:04 pm »
Lallana Liverpool Career

Goals
1. vs West Brom H
2. vs Leicester City A
3. vs Swansea H
4. vs Swansea H
5. vs Crystal Palace A

Assists
to Lambert [Crystal Palace]
to Skrtel [Arsenal]
to Sterling [Bournemouth]
to Balotelli [Tottenham]

His ambidexterity is such a tool, surely only second at worst to Cazorla in the league? 3 of his 5 goals with his left foot, 3 of his 4 assists with his right foot.

That second goal against Swansea was sex.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2015, 05:48:13 pm »
That pass for Mario and beating Spurs was worth £25 million for me...
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2015, 05:58:36 pm »
Fantastic little enabler who can also do the business. Proper Liverpool player, will only get better.
Perfectly summed up! Think some people just like to find faults and moan for the sake of it
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"