Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 118651 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Adam Lallana
« on: February 14, 2015, 09:07:33 pm »
...LaLalallana, getting jiggy with it.

Class lad who is part of, and an integral part of - the most technically gifted squad and midfield in the league.

Of all the 'new' signings, he hit the ground running first and gives us a certain something different to what a Philly, a Markovic, a Gerrard, a Henderson can offer.

He won't start all games and he won't have blinders in all, but by christ am so glad he plays for Liverpool Football Club.

Love the Lallana Lad
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 09:08:22 pm »
Goal or assist every 198 minutes or something. Quite impressive, that.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 09:10:03 pm »
Quality player. Echo your sentiments, glad he plays for us.

Definitely can be a bit inconsistent, but it's nowhere near as bad as some people make out.

Offline Nebraska Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 09:11:56 pm »
He looks a different player now that he has a recognized striker to play with. The whole team looks better with Sturridge up top, but Lallana has improved by leaps and bounds.

Add a  fully fit Sterling and Coutinho and they  will have us buzzing.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 09:14:21 pm »
If only he could grow a bit of hair on those cheeks.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 09:25:08 pm »
Every single game he plays at least two or three post that he hasn't justified his price tag .... It's weird

He's been quality since he got here - fits in perfectly won't our way of playing, is a constant threat to unlock a defence and has an end product; oh and works his bollocks off

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2015, 09:27:24 pm »
Every single game he plays at least two or three post that he hasn't justified his price tag .... It's weird

He's been quality since he got here - fits in perfectly won't our way of playing, is a constant threat to unlock a defence and has an end product; oh and works his bollocks off
Fazakerley!

Which, that answer to some makes no sense at all and is lost on some, but then again, what Lallana offers is lost on some as well, so fuck'em. 
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Nebraska Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2015, 09:29:14 pm »

Before Christmas, he did struggle to make a significant impact, as did many of the new signings. The new set up, and the Sturridge comeback, has done wonders for Lallana.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2015, 09:29:28 pm »

I think it's largely down to the money that was spent and how that money could have been used for a genuine striker.

He seems a good player but spending that kind of money on an older player in an area we were already very well stocked was a massive mistake and left our season in tatters.

Not that any of that is his fault. He's worked hard and looks like he is living his dream playing here.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2015, 09:31:07 pm »
LOVE Lallana. Was a big fan of his at Southampton because he was such a technical player(which is rare in England) was chuffed that we signed him. He will be immense just been unlucky with random injuries this season.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 09:32:14 pm »
I think it's largely down to the money that was spent and how that money could have been used for a genuine striker.

He seems a good player but spending that kind of money on an older player in an area we were already very well stocked was a massive mistake and left our season in tatters.

Not that any of that is his fault. He's worked hard and looks like he is living his dream playing here.

We're 5 points from the third, 1/4 finals of the cup, and the Europa to come. Not sure that qualifies as tatters.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 09:32:52 pm »

and he has a boss slide tackle

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2015, 09:33:19 pm »

He's 26 and as for very well stocked the only other player like him is Coutinho.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2015, 09:33:36 pm »

So 26 is older?

Offline Nebraska Red

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2015, 09:34:31 pm »
26 is the new 36 :)

Offline Zephyr

• Thinks of RAWK whilst pleasuring himself
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2015, 09:36:05 pm »
Very happy that Adam is ours. I think his contribution will continue to increase as he becomes more familiar with the players surrounding him. Even now, though, he is linking up quite nicely.
Mint-Berry Crunch!

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2015, 09:36:08 pm »
Kay Burley is slowly accquiring all the thread copy-rights of players here.

"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2015, 09:38:21 pm »
Was loving watching him play the last few games before his injury and really glad he's picked his form up almost straight after returning.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2015, 09:38:49 pm »

Look Cid, Rodgers had two options at the end of last season - replace Suarez or build a squad - right now that is a perfectly sound and backed up decision to forgo a striker to build a squad.

With a possible 66 games to play, putting the squad against an individual is the rationale thing to do all day, every day.

Not having a go at you directly, but people need to change the record with the 'getting strikers in" aka "we haven't replaced Suarez" Well here's the news, you can't replace him, just like you can;t replace Steven Gerrard - you adapt and change your style of play, and fair play to Brendan Rodgers for doing so and doing so, so well and Lallana is an integral part of that whole process.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2015, 09:40:26 pm »
Kay Burley is slowly accquiring all the thread copy-rights of players here.

Thats because if its me that does it, everyone knows it will be sensible and rational.

Woof bark donkey!

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2015, 09:41:15 pm »
Badly needs a haircut

But other than that, yeah, he's good at slipping himself out of tight situations

Knows how to spin himself into space too

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Redondos Barber

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2015, 09:45:02 pm »
As well as being hardworking and productive in terms of goals and assists, he's such an elegant player to watch, almost hypnotic at times. Delighted he's  a red.

Offline Cid

• Licks cuban heeled shoes but doesn't want anyone to know about it.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2015, 09:45:34 pm »
We're 5 points from the third, 1/4 finals of the cup, and the Europa to come. Not sure that qualifies as tatters.

I like this new system, I think it has a defensive solidity that has eluded Rodgers in the past, but I'd love to know how we might have performed this season if we had built upon what we had instead of starting from scratch. I particularly would have liked to see us play in the champions league as a functioning side.

No matter how the individuals turn out, the buys of lallana and Lovren in particular were terrible decisions. Both players for positions that needed no reinforcement and both massively overpriced.

No worries tho, let's pretend all is well because Sturridge is fit again.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2015, 09:46:21 pm »
Badly needs a haircut

But other than that, yeah, he's good at slipping himself out of tight situations

Knows how to spin himself into space too

Valentines day on the brain mate?

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2015, 09:59:57 pm »
Thats because if its me that does it, everyone knows it will be sensible and rational.

Hopefully  ;D
"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2015, 10:01:07 pm »
Valentines day on the brain mate?

I do now :)
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2015, 10:06:13 pm »
Are we allowed player threads as long as we don't all lust after the player in question then? :P
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2015, 10:06:29 pm »
Brendan Rodgers type of player if ever there was one.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2015, 10:07:53 pm »
Lallana can turn in the area of a 5p coin

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2015, 10:38:37 pm »
Expensive mediocre one-season wonder, get rid...

;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2015, 10:45:00 pm »
I don't think he fully has lived upto his price tag - but then again we all know we overpaid.

I don't think he's played at full potential either, but injuries do that to you.

In the coming years he'll be one of the best squad players in the league, and will give us genuine quality depth.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2015, 10:47:59 pm »
Are we allowed player threads as long as we don't all lust after the player in question then? :P
5 posts in and Anywhich was talking about his arse.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2015, 10:51:31 pm »
Not sure about the massive love in, but he's been ok.

Hopefully, with an extended injury free run, he'll really turn it on.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2015, 10:53:59 pm »
5 posts in and Anywhich was talking about his arse.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2015, 11:01:22 pm »
The injury in pre-season was really difficult - which the dovetailed with Sturridge missing 5 months.  Lallana's season was start stop - but the last 3 months - and again with an injury - that he got back from in 2 weeks instead of 1 month - has shown his quality. 

That's two game winners in 2 massive games - assist to Balo, smart run to follow up the rebound to put us into round 6.

Offline Reese

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2015, 11:02:10 pm »
If Seamus Coleman is a young talent, so is Lallana!!!

Online TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2015, 11:22:14 pm »
Imagine the squad without him? Neither can I... As late in the season as it is, the.prioritisation of quality depth we have added in relative areas of strength is showing.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2015, 12:00:16 am »
Great player to have, seems to be in good positions at all times when the balls in the box.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2015, 12:12:27 am »

I fail to see how Lallana was the mistake....Lovren, Balotelli, Lambert. Maybe not finding a way to sell Borini.......could be argued were mistakes though it's early stages. But to lay our problems on Lallana I think is ridiculous.

He's been a really solid contributor since arriving and looks like he's only going to get better.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline gwalk

• Legacy Fan
  • ní fheicfidh tú ag siúl ina n-aonar
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2015, 12:25:30 am »
was the only one following that free kick in in case of a rebound, very clever play and he got his reward for it