Author Topic: Individual Player Topics  (Read 65998 times)

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Individual Player Topics
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2015, 04:03:51 pm »
How would you suggest we address the real problem?

Treating all users equally would be a start. It's been made clear by some mods that certain users get more leeway in terms of rule breaking because of their popularity or the 'quality they bring to the forum' (whatever that means). For me, it's not unreasonable to expect that every single user on the forum should adhere to the rules, whether you're new to the forum or a 'legend' with thousands of posts. I've said many times that one wouldn't simply act a snide prick to somebody's face over a difference of footballing opinion in a pub for example. I'd view that as unacceptable behaviour and I view it as unacceptable behaviour on here too. I'm aware that the internet is a coward's paradise of course, but everyone should strive to treat one another with respect (and that won't happen if some users think they're above the rules).

Sorry for the extremely late reply.  :P
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: January 23, 2015, 10:50:00 pm »
Treating all users equally would be a start. It's been made clear by some mods that certain users get more leeway in terms of rule breaking because of their popularity or the 'quality they bring to the forum' (whatever that means). For me, it's not unreasonable to expect that every single user on the forum should adhere to the rules, whether you're new to the forum or a 'legend' with thousands of posts. I've said many times that one wouldn't simply act a snide prick to somebody's face over a difference of footballing opinion in a pub for example. I'd view that as unacceptable behaviour and I view it as unacceptable behaviour on here too. I'm aware that the internet is a coward's paradise of course, but everyone should strive to treat one another with respect (and that won't happen if some users think they're above the rules).

As much as we try to adhere to basic fundamental rules for all posters, the inconsistencies will remain and we make no apology for that given that would imply we didn't mean to. There are some posters, who have been here a long time, such as yourself included, who would warrant a discussion rather than just a straight ban for an infringement, especially on the first time. All the mods are individuals with individual moderating styles and lives and it would be impossible on a such a site as this, with volunteer mods to run it any other way.
Yep.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #202 on: January 26, 2015, 05:36:00 am »
With your permission, may I inquire as to whether the/a 'midfield'-related thread is going to be unlocked or created soon?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: January 26, 2015, 11:17:35 am »
With your permission, may I inquire as to whether the/a 'midfield'-related thread is going to be unlocked or created soon?
Unlocked.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #204 on: January 27, 2015, 07:16:02 am »
Unlocked.

Much obliged! Thank you, kindly! (Why do I sound like a Southern gentleman?)

Alright mate, thanks!
Ludi Circenses!

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #205 on: February 2, 2015, 02:50:34 pm »
As much as we try to adhere to basic fundamental rules for all posters, the inconsistencies will remain and we make no apology for that given that would imply we didn't mean to. There are some posters, who have been here a long time, such as yourself included, who would warrant a discussion rather than just a straight ban for an infringement, especially on the first time. All the mods are individuals with individual moderating styles and lives and it would be impossible on a such a site as this, with volunteer mods to run it any other way.

Point
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 5, 2015, 04:58:05 am »

I think Macca is kind of a dictator/dick in the WTF subforum.

But I kinda like it.

It's complicated. (sorry Macca)  :P

Offline Los back. Thanks.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 5, 2015, 04:59:22 am »
There's something special happening at Liverpool re Can Coutinho Sterling Sturridge Sakho

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #208 on: February 11, 2015, 06:12:40 pm »
There's something special happening at Liverpool re Can Coutinho Sterling Sturridge Sakho

Don't forget Lazar!

Speaking of which, are we able to get this one back open? The recent influx of well behaved player threads is welcome but we are missing DJ Marky.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=315164.0
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #209 on: February 13, 2015, 11:24:09 pm »
What happened to the Emre Can thread?  :-[
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 16, 2015, 08:22:40 am »
What happened to the Emre Can thread?  :-[

Binned because it wasn't about football.

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2015, 09:25:31 pm »
Binned because it wasn't about football.

Can I start a thread on whether he belongs in midfield or defence?
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 1, 2015, 02:02:04 am »
Can I start a thread on whether he belongs in midfield or defence?
RAWK facilitates, not censors LFCD, we'd love a good article that illustrates why :)

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: August 28, 2015, 04:13:06 pm »
What's the craic with these currently being suspended? Are we just waiting out the Transfer Window?