Author Topic: How many points would you expect in the next 5 league games - 2014/15 edition  (Read 98376 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Right, seeing as how we don't have one yet for this season, thought I'd start one. It was one of my favorite threads last season.

Sep 13
Aston Villa - Home

Sep 20
West Ham - Away

Sep 27
Everton - Home

Oct 4
West Brom - Home

Oct 19
QPR - Away

I'm gonna go with 13 (WDWWW)
« Last Edit: September 1, 2014, 03:31:10 am by ScouserAtHeart »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Mike Basset

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
If we play to our best abilities, we can get 15.

I think 10.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
There's no easy games, we can never take anything for granted but we won't get a better opportunity to take 15 points from a run of games.

Offline TheFlyingScouseman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nice day
Reckon we'll draw at West Ham. 13 points.

Offline jets red 44

• Main Stander
lucky 13 :D

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I'd be happy with 13 out of a possible 15 (with drawing away at West Ham). But 15 would be nice :)

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
We're good enough to get 15, but I will go with 13, drawing one of the aways. We'll be determined to atone for dropping the ball against Villa at home last season, and we'll be fired up for Everton of course. West Ham gave us a lot of problems away last season though, and you can be sure Fat Sam will set up to frustrate us, that looks like the biggest banana skin. No certainties, though, as we've seen from just the first 3 weekends...

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Heart says 15

Head says 15
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline riismeister

• Legacy Fan
  • Onwards and upwards
I'm gonna count the 3 first and go with 6 more in the 2 two for a total of 12 in the first 5 games, which would be a great start to the season (including away games to 2 of last years top 6).

Offline kopite17

• Legacy Fan

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Gonna have to say 15..
YNWA - JFT97

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
Between 11 and 13 would be great  :)
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
We always aim for 2 points a game. There's absolutely no guarantees in this league, already there's top teams dropping points, and the 'easiest' fixtures can actually be the hardest.

Offline Lemnon

• Boys Pen
  • Supporter from Italy!
We have also the champion's league among those games. I'll be enthusiastic with 13, but I think 11, maybe 10.

Please report me if there are any mistakes in my posts, I'm italian.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
We always aim for 2 points a game. There's absolutely no guarantees in this league, already there's top teams dropping points, and the 'easiest' fixtures can actually be the hardest.

2 points a game is the absolute minimum for fourth place. We should be aiming for 2.2 - 2.25 like we did last season.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Not that Gareth

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
on paper we should win all, but this is football, we will probably drop a couple of points at QPR! 11-13 points would be a good result and set us up very nicely.

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
I've got to back up my season predictions (based on some analysis), so I say 12 points.

That would put us 18 after 8 games, which based on the relative difficulty of the matches, puts us right on track for 86 points.

If you want to know what all this means, take a look here - https://thisisanalysis.wordpress.com/2014/08/15/a-marathon-not-a-sprint-how-will-next-season-play-out/

Offline laximaginationzzz

• Kopite
15 if we want to win the league
LFC. YNWA. JFT96.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
If we don't get distracted and are deadly in goal then we should get 15/15.
Seen us win everything

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
Right now 15.

But if we have a euro hangover with a game in between those 5 games maybe 13.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
Aston Villa (Home)
West Ham (Away)
Everton (Home)
WBA (Home)
QPR (Away)
Hull (home)

I would be looking for 16 or 18 points from that run.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
I think 13 is probable and logical. I'd be happy with that.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:45:08 pm by Fiasco »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Aston Villa (Home)
West Ham (Away)
Everton (Home)
WBA (Home)
QPR (Away)
Hull (home)

I would be looking for 16 or 18 points from that run.

You're in the wrong thread, this is the next 5 games one.

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
15 from the next five and top o' the league.

Offline Gerry83

• Meff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Used to be Jeff, too much crystal
13 is a good shout. We should be winning the 3 home games. Everton arent easy. West ham and QPR away are tricky also.

With other teams getting a few harder fixtures in their next 5 games (eg City v Arse etc) we could be in a pretty good position come mid October... We need to take into account champions league as well and how that will affect us. Those 5 fixtures actually have 3 midweek games sandwiched in there too so its not as easy to call as last it was last time.

Offline GeorgiaRed

• Anny Roader
We're good enough to get 15, but I will go with 13, drawing one of the aways. We'll be determined to atone for dropping the ball against Villa at home last season, and we'll be fired up for Everton of course. West Ham gave us a lot of problems away last season though, and you can be sure Fat Sam will set up to frustrate us, that looks like the biggest banana skin. No certainties, though, as we've seen from just the first 3 weekends...

Nope, 15 - Rickie will come to the rescue in that game.   ;)
« Last Edit: September 1, 2014, 12:07:19 am by GeorgiaRed »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
If we want to challenge for the league title this season, and given we've beaten Spurs, I think this run of games gives us our best opportunity to get that 7 game winning run that most title winners put together at least once per season. Take that run into Newcastle too, and we'll be on 8 wins going into the Chelsea game. It would take a load of pressure off that game, but then winning it would probably put us on a sure course for top 2 at that stage.

We should be aiming for 18 from the next 6 games, 21 from 7. If we do that, we'll be legitimate early title contenders when we play Chelsea.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Reds Flag

• Legacy Fan
If we want to challenge for the league title this season, and given we've beaten Spurs, I think this run of games gives us our best opportunity to get that 7 game winning run that most title winners put together at least once per season. Take that run into Newcastle too, and we'll be on 8 wins going into the Chelsea game. It would take a load of pressure off that game, but then winning it would probably put us on a sure course for top 2 at that stage.

We should be aiming for 18 from the next 6 games, 21 from 7. If we do that, we'll be legitimate early title contenders when we play Chelsea.

So what you're saying is...the more games we win, the more likely we are to challenge for the title? It's insightful analysis like this that keeps me coming back to RAWK ;)

Offline mjk

• Anny Roader
In between those games we also play Ludogorets, Middlesbrough at home and FC Basel away which might factor into your predictions.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
So what you're saying is...the more games we win, the more likely we are to challenge for the title? It's insightful analysis like this that keeps me coming back to RAWK ;)

What I'm saying, ye cheeky get :D, is that most teams who have won the league in the last 11 years have had at least one run of games where they have won at least 7 of them. It's rare for a team to win the league and not win at least 7 games in a row, once. This next run of games, on paper, and up until the Chelsea one, offers an early - if not the best - chance to do that. If we do that, we put ourselves in the position of pace setters or close to pace setters going into the December holiday period of games (which are much kinder to us than they were last season. With an early 7 or 8-win run of games in the first half of the season, we could emerge from the holiday period as genuine league leaders forcing everyone to catch up to us.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
In between those games we also play Ludogorets, Middlesbrough at home and FC Basel away which might factor into your predictions.

We have the squad to cope with that now

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Thank you so much for retitling this thread. I cant tell you how much the previous title annoyed me, it was plain and simple A Stupid Fucking Question whose only possible answer was '15". No ones ever happy to drop points, even if you understand in your heart that you cant win them all. 2 different concepts.

....do you feel should reasonably be expected in the....has always had my vote,

....well,anyway I can post happy in thread like this , real happy, I mean its a great thread, real good......instead of saying 15 now  I can say, hmm, tough one, anywhere between 11-15 seems reasonable...., I'll say 13.  Fat Sams the danger man  ;D

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W