Author Topic: Joao Carlos Teixeira joins Liverpool's Academy  (Read 193747 times)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Joao Carlos Teixeira joins Liverpool's Academy
« Reply #160 on: August 24, 2014, 10:16:46 pm »
Some terrible goalkeeping in that league.

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #161 on: August 24, 2014, 10:21:43 pm »
Love this kid
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline TerraceDandy

• Kemlynite
    • www.northstandchat.biz
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2015, 11:48:16 pm »
Tex is showing his class now, under Sami then he was lost, one year left on his contract then we'd love to have him but know doubt some scummy team will take him. Leeds on Tuesday and he was different class like he's been since Houghton been here.

Hope this works as first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lfYrstTPk0

Don't know how to put the youtube vid in the post yet so click the link.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: February 28, 2015, 12:03:01 am »
I hope we don't let him go. Always thought he's a great talent.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: February 28, 2015, 12:16:32 am »
Tex is showing his class now, under Sami then he was lost, one year left on his contract then we'd love to have him but know doubt some scummy team will take him. Leeds on Tuesday and he was different class like he's been since Houghton been here.

Flowing football. Very silky.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #165 on: February 28, 2015, 12:18:17 am »

I like the fact that he's 5 foot 81 inches according to the graphic in the first few seconds :D

Better looking than Samie.

Offline TerraceDandy

• Kemlynite
    • www.northstandchat.biz
« Reply #166 on: February 28, 2015, 12:39:51 am »
I like the fact that he's 5 foot 81 inches according to the graphic in the first few seconds :D

No one is perfect :)

He'll make the grade without a doubt  but is one of those who blossoms late in his career.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: February 28, 2015, 12:42:29 am »
Flowing football. Very silky.

always been such a good player to watch and for the first time you can see a path for him with the first team due to the way he's played for Brighton and also i think the change in formation gives him a better chance.

needs to make that step up next season you'd think if it is going to happen for him here and hopefully he gets a chance. He has great technique which the manager wants and is brave in possession always looking to pass and move.

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #168 on: February 28, 2015, 12:49:21 am »
always been such a good player to watch and for the first time you can see a path for him with the first team due to the way he's played for Brighton and also i think the change in formation gives him a better chance.

needs to make that step up next season you'd think if it is going to happen for him here and hopefully he gets a chance. He has great technique which the manager wants and is brave in possession always looking to pass and move.

Lots of balls played into space for the forwards to run on to.  Needs a hard man in midfield to get the ball in first place. Who is the new Souness?

Most of the opposition was shit. Only in the Leeds game (harder opponents) did he really show he could hack it.

Should be playing at Bolton today.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:21:07 am by Perseus »

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: February 28, 2015, 01:20:13 am »
Lots of balls played into space for the forwards to run on to.  Needs a hard man in midfield to get the ball in first place. Who is the new Souness?

Most of the opposition was shit. Only in the Leeds game (harder opponents) did he really show he could hack it.

we see plenty of the ball most games, definitely has an eye for a pass and a goal which you want from those players in the front 3. I guess the closest player to him in our first team is Coutinho. But you can see he takes up some really good positions in dangerous areas and playing with better players and working full time with BR you'd hope he'd improve further. Ibe was doing similar things in the Championship and he's made the step up seamlessly.

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #170 on: February 28, 2015, 01:31:19 am »
we see plenty of the ball most games, definitely has an eye for a pass and a goal which you want from those players in the front 3. I guess the closest player to him in our first team is Coutinho. But you can see he takes up some really good positions in dangerous areas and playing with better players and working full time with BR you'd hope he'd improve further. Ibe was doing similar things in the Championship and he's made the step up seamlessly.

In his interview (very brief) he said he was similar in style to Coutinho. The only other thing of interest he said was that he another season under contract at Liverpool. Otherwise, as expected, he would take one game at a time (in as many words) and would not be drawn on his future or even thought about it.

That's the way it is. 

Bolton may be interesting as they covered space in the two matches, but eventually got worn out with only ten men. Form says Bolton v Brighton will a 0-0 draw (might even be worth a bet?*) and Tex will get bogged down a bit. (*Don't bet on it. Bolton have too many youngsters.)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 01:53:07 am by Perseus »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 28, 2015, 01:33:35 am »
Looks like a mix of Sterling and Coutinho in that video.

Very exciting player by the look of it.

Offline TerraceDandy

• Kemlynite
    • www.northstandchat.biz
« Reply #172 on: February 28, 2015, 01:54:05 am »

Adam Lallana was shit in division 1 when we stormed the league and was also shit in the championship but where is he now?

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #173 on: February 28, 2015, 01:58:25 am »
I watch many Albion games and Tex is good but hes not prem ready yet.
Seen us win everything

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #174 on: February 28, 2015, 02:01:49 am »
Looks like a mix of Sterling and Coutinho in that video.

Very exciting player by the look of it.

Lots of interesting skills. The right footed long shot (with four, or was it six, players around him looking lost) that curled into the far corner, was a curler and not deflected.
The way he eluded the two players on the right wing cause he did not have the pace to beat them for sheer speed.
The way he ran on to the pass from the full back Bruno and had a shot and scored.
And the way he set up Colunga to round the keeper and score.
Left footer that hit the post.

What is remarkable is his rate of improvement. If he carries on improving at that rate ...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:11:11 am by Perseus »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2015, 09:48:20 am »
He's 22

When will he ever be?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2015, 10:16:06 am »
"He's not ready" exactly what a lot of people said about Ibe as well. You also have to take in perspective that won't only play against better players, but also with. I think he would be fine for us.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2015, 10:20:10 am »
Lots of interesting skills. The right footed long shot (with four, or was it six, players around him looking lost) that curled into the far corner, was a curler and not deflected.
The way he eluded the two players on the right wing cause he did not have the pace to beat them for sheer speed.
The way he ran on to the pass from the full back Bruno and had a shot and scored.
And the way he set up Colunga to round the keeper and score.
Left footer that hit the post.

What is remarkable is his rate of improvement. If he carries on improving at that rate ...

Haha Perseus, can he curl the ball now or? :D

Teixeira MOM, Brighton v Leeds who were good in midfield. Improving rapidly. Finishing needs improvement as he failed with four good chances one hitting the post. He does not seem to be able to curl the ball yet and his shots are not really powerful, really like trying to pass the ball into the net. Glancing header wide by an inch. Improvement in ball retention and not being knocked off the ball.

Offline oovavu

• eranu
  • Anny Roader
  • Deva Diva
« Reply #178 on: February 28, 2015, 11:18:34 am »
Just going off that video his dribbling has a touch of suarez about it,  pretty unorthodox, looks to have lost the ball at times but comes out of challenges with it. If only hey.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #179 on: February 28, 2015, 11:25:24 am »
Could be a late bloomer, Ribery played in the second division of the french league until he was 25.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #180 on: February 28, 2015, 11:56:08 am »
Could be a late bloomer, Ribery played in the second division of the french league until he was 25.
No, I don't think so. Ribery was playing in Turkey and then played for l'OM when he was 22 years old....

But yes, late bloomers do exist: Thierry Henry and ian Wright, for example.

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #181 on: February 28, 2015, 12:04:43 pm »

Natural Goalscorer POP?

He is in the squad next year for certain, can see him being rotated with Coutinhio or possibly the 2 of them playing behind a striker.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 12:12:15 pm by MerseyParadise »
Insert obscure quote here

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: February 28, 2015, 12:27:13 pm »
No, I don't think so. Ribery was playing in Turkey and then played for l'OM when he was 22 years old....

But yes, late bloomers do exist: Thierry Henry and ian Wright, for example.

didn't he miss a lot of time with a back injury?? so he might be a year or even longer behind in his development but he's doing very well in the Championship.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #183 on: February 28, 2015, 12:34:09 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qxHIAd9CgVg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qxHIAd9CgVg&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1</a>

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2015, 12:36:52 pm »
Looks good. If he was doing that kind of stuff in a foreign league we would probably blow 20 million on him.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2015, 12:44:32 pm »
didn't he miss a lot of time with a back injury?? so he might be a year or even longer behind in his development but he's doing very well in the Championship.

Yes he did. That has to be taken into consideration when looking at his age.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline ElstonGunn

• is Billy Beane
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2015, 12:54:39 pm »
Think it's pretty clear Joao could take the minutes Gerrard has played at AM this year, but I suspect he's not as much on Rodgers' radar as some of the others. I'll be curious to see what happens for him in the summer.

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2015, 12:57:39 pm »
Look a very good player in that video I also remember watching his debut against fulham last season he was very good in that game as well. But will he get the chances here though?
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2015, 01:01:15 pm »
Not disagreeing with you because I haven't really watched him this season but I'm sure watchers of Derby were saying the same thing about Ibe before we recalled him.

Offline MrBoywunder

• Kopite
  • They say our days are numbered...
« Reply #189 on: February 28, 2015, 01:12:35 pm »
I think he could be a stand in for Coutinho. He's very similar to him and we don't have anyone in the squad atm that is like for like.

Only problem is that he's 22 and needs to be playing regularly but I guess we'll see after pre-season.

Offline bodhisattva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: February 28, 2015, 01:45:25 pm »
Think it's pretty clear Joao could take the minutes Gerrard has played at AM this year, but I suspect he's not as much on Rodgers' radar as some of the others. I'll be curious to see what happens for him in the summer.

the fact he was trusted in that Fulham game would suggest he is on Rodgers radar, it reminds me of a few Spurs players who have spent a few years on loan and then made the step into the first team aged 23-24 which would be considered a late bloomer. But with Inglethorpe here maybe this is something he does with younger players, get them lots of experience in the lower league before seeing if they're ready for the first team.

Someone like Teixeira that did miss a lot of football because of that back injury more than anything needs games at a higher level than he's used too, his contract situation will dictate things because if he had 2-3 years left you could even make the argument for him having another year on loan at a higher level than Brighton to continue his development.

Offline LondonRapLondon

• "Please leave me alone.....These little forum games are annoying."
  • Kopite
« Reply #191 on: February 28, 2015, 01:57:31 pm »
I think he could be a stand in for Coutinho. He's very similar to him and we don't have anyone in the squad atm that is like for like.

Only problem is that he's 22 and needs to be playing regularly but I guess we'll see after pre-season.

Next year is crucial for him and his development.

Think if we are in EL next season he would get more games with less pressure to find his feet. Otherwise he's going to be thrown in at the deep end. I hope if BR does throw him and give him that understudy position for Coutinho, the fans are patient if he does struggle.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2015, 02:29:03 pm »
He's 22 but was injured for so long. Got to set him back
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2015, 11:57:59 pm »
Bolton v Brighton

Tex, worst player on the pitch. Does not like being closed down.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830373/Live/England-Championship-2014-2015-Bolton-Brighton

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #194 on: March 1, 2015, 10:17:42 am »
Love this kid

me too.  hope he get's a fair crack in pre-season.  he could save us a few bob on a coutinho understudy.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 1, 2015, 10:22:53 am »
me too.  hope he get's a fair crack in pre-season.  he could save us a few bob on a coutinho understudy.
Which we have already spent on Luis Alberto

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #196 on: March 1, 2015, 10:25:25 am »
Which we have already spent on Luis Alberto

don't think we will see much more of luis alberto :(

Offline Perseus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #197 on: March 4, 2015, 03:16:07 pm »
Teixeira substituted in his second big test against Derby at 0-0 Change turned it into a 2-0 win for Brighton. Same scenario as when he was at Brentford. A bit of a luxury player. Needs a minder on the pitch to show his skills. OK when in a team that has midfield dominance, but ineffective when there is a battle. I expect he will go back to Liverpool at the end of the season. I think I prefer him to Ibe though.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830401/Live/England-Championship-2014-2015-Brighton-Derby

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: March 4, 2015, 03:27:14 pm »
Teixeira substituted in his second big test against Derby at 0-0 Change turned it into a 2-0 win for Brighton. Same scenario as when he was at Brentford. A bit of a luxury player. Needs a minder on the pitch to show his skills. OK when in a team that has midfield dominance, but ineffective when there is a battle. I expect he will go back to Liverpool at the end of the season. I think I prefer him to Ibe though.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/830401/Live/England-Championship-2014-2015-Brighton-Derby

Prefer Teixera to Ibe?

Offline eLToRo

• Legacy Fan
  • Living the dream
« Reply #199 on: March 4, 2015, 03:29:07 pm »
Prefer Teixera to Ibe?

Yeah,

That's what I was thinking.

A type surely. Ibe did exceptional well in the Championship. Teixera is doing well but is older and as he said himself is a luxury player.

Ibe although a winger (and a lot of people would call wingers luxury players) seems to have a bit of fight and confidence/balls about him.