Author Topic: The Anfield Wrap  (Read 3304768 times)

Offline echis

• Main Stander
Re: The Anfield Wrap
« Reply #9840 on: March 4, 2015, 05:20:07 pm »
You might have written this already, but when does this start?

In the next two weeks we’re launching something called TAW Player.

;)

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #9841 on: March 4, 2015, 06:06:16 pm »
I reccomend reading this piece on Mignolet http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2015/03/liverpool-needs-footballer-goal/
 I dont really agree with it though because it starts from the premise that there is such thing as an ideal way of playing and I dont view football or life in general to be like that. You play with what you got and try to make it work. Plus I actually think that the beauty of Rodgers reign hasnt been the perfect team and the merseyside version of Barcelona, the real beauty has been how the manager has made the best out of his resources in ways that we hadnt imagined at first, Ill take that over 11 men playing perfect football any day.
I don't think Roy is saying there is one way of playing. He's talking about Rodgers, who has constantly referred to his preferred way of playing. Also, the whole article talks about adapting to what you've got! Rodgers has unquestionably done this; what Roy is saying is he and the other players should no longer have to carry the burden of a nervy, unsuitable goalie.

Also, I don't understand why you would rather this current team ahead of the perfect team (there is of course no such thing as perfect but I'm assuming you mean Barca from 08-11 or even this current Bayern?). If football isn't about striving to better yourself and your team season on season then what's the point? Every successful manager strives for perfection. It gets Guardiola out of bed in the morning, even though he knows it isn't attainable, but still, it can be touched. Perfection cannot be a lasting, tangible thing, but it can be experienced and perceived in short bursts of euphoria. The first 20 minutes from Barcelona against Arsenal at the Emirates a few years back for example, is as close as you're going to get. Spells of the 5-0 thrashing of Madrid from Barca in Pep's 3rd season. Bayern vs City last season. Spain vs Italy in the European championship final.

Mignolet is clearly not Rodgers' ideal goalkeeper, so why persevere going forward? I thought Valdes would have been ideal, but clearly the club chose not to peruse that for whatever reasons. Maybe it's Neuer, maybe it's Lloris.. these guys are probably unattainable, but we can definitely get someone closer to that style than Mignolet. The question is who, and the skill is in finding him. Matty Ryan may or may not be the one, who knows.

We need to keep growing though, and because we can't do that by going out and buying Reus, Aguero, Messi or whoever else, we need to upgrade in the positions that can be realistically upgraded on. Signing a goalkeeper who can deal with the ball under pressure and make good decisions is the next step. Mignolet has undoubtedly improved, but he will never be comfortable on the ball, so no matter what, Rodgers has to adjust the rest of his team. I'll tell you one thing for sure, if Guardiola was in charge, Mignolet and Jones would both be long gone.

Can you imagine this currently side if it was able to press the game even more and move the defensive line further up the field and recycle the ball more efficiently and quicker too?

Rodgers has definitely adapted and altered his style in his 3 years here, but I still reckon he's an idealist at heart.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9842 on: March 4, 2015, 11:24:10 pm »
TAW is a mainstay for me - I almost feel guilty that it's free, to be honest.

Just over a pound a week is buttons for what you lads put on the table. Sitting here after the Burnley win, and the prospect of listening to the 'Pink' before bed fills me with slight joy.

Suggestions: a careful,  solid rotation of guests to stop repeated opinions; don't feel everything has to be an hour or forty-five minutes; don't pander to the paying audience - play dirty and keep it as base as you can.

---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #9843 on: March 4, 2015, 11:26:43 pm »
Wait...are all the podsters posting "this is great" posts under their RAWK personnas to try and drum up a bit of business?

It works for eBay and Tripadvisor after all...seriously, despite being Scottish, this sounds like a good investment!

Absolutely. I'm simultaneously a mixture of Gibbo, Graves and Gutnmann.

Gibravmann

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #9844 on: March 5, 2015, 01:27:01 am »
love this.

a whole show of Guttman.

fucking yes
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline adamski29

• Kopite
    • limerick sliding wardrobes
« Reply #9845 on: March 5, 2015, 09:44:24 am »
love this.

a whole show of Guttman.

fucking yes

I'll second that. Looking forward to it.

Offline Ben_

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9846 on: March 5, 2015, 09:48:23 am »
Count me in.
The match kicks off in 30 minutes ya silly twat

"This European Cup final is won, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 0."

"This scoreline is absolutely staggering, AC Milan 3, Liverpool 3!" - Five Live

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #9847 on: March 5, 2015, 09:48:33 am »
brilliant news and definitely happy to pay £5 a month. I only started listening to TAW this season and it is a great listen. The topic of Carragher's piss and whether we can catch Chelsea was hilarious on the last pod.

Keep it up lads.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #9848 on: March 5, 2015, 11:13:29 am »

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9849 on: March 5, 2015, 11:39:10 am »
So excited for this! I've been seriously wanting to give you guys my money!!!

Offline tmsneil

• A compere beyond compare
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9850 on: March 5, 2015, 12:03:36 pm »
Suggestions: a careful,  solid rotation of guests to stop repeated opinions; don't feel everything has to be an hour or forty-five minutes; don't pander to the paying audience - play dirty and keep it as base as you can.
Agree on all that. What we're looking to do is use the guests to create every show's identity. So you shouldn't get too much of any one on a week by week basis. Except me. Soz.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9851 on: March 5, 2015, 12:15:42 pm »
Except me. Soz.
Acceptable, but you're gonna need to be wearing more hats, Neil.  Spice it up.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9852 on: March 5, 2015, 01:48:46 pm »
TAW is a mainstay for me - I almost feel guilty that it's free, to be honest.

Just over a pound a week is buttons for what you lads put on the table. Sitting here after the Burnley win, and the prospect of listening to the 'Pink' before bed fills me with slight joy.

It's all been mapped out so that that's exactly what will happen mate.

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #9853 on: March 5, 2015, 02:27:46 pm »
As long as I only have to listen to that Blundell once a month it'll be ok...
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #9854 on: March 5, 2015, 05:02:55 pm »
Are there any possibilities for more of Gutmanns pubs analysis?

Offline tmsneil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9855 on: March 5, 2015, 07:05:14 pm »
Are there any possibilities for more of Gutmanns pubs analysis?
Yep. Working on all that.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
« Reply #9856 on: March 5, 2015, 08:09:30 pm »
Can a brother get a wrap tonight? :)
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9857 on: March 5, 2015, 08:26:25 pm »
You lot are mad. But i'm in.

Will the Rewired show be a bit like the rider or more emphasis on chat/interviews and stuff?
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #9858 on: March 5, 2015, 08:59:56 pm »
I won't be subscribing.......

I just don't physically have the time to listen to any more podcasts.....

I feel bad for not contributing though......I feel should...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #9859 on: March 5, 2015, 09:38:10 pm »
TAW won't be signing Tepid Water.   :(
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9860 on: March 5, 2015, 09:44:29 pm »
TAW won't be signing Tepid Water.   :(
I just don't have enough hours in the day!

I would certainly contribute if a small fee was introduced for their current content though.....

I don't mean to come across as a curmudgeon though! I'm just busy ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline robbohuyton

• Main Stander
  • Any spares lad?
« Reply #9861 on: March 6, 2015, 12:30:50 am »
That is a staggering amount of content for only 5 quid. Fair play to everyone involved.

Just as an aside, what's going on with the mag? Did I miss an announcement on that, or was it taking a little break while you were sorting all this stuff out.

It was just getting a bit much in terms of time to produce. Glad it's missed though, we'd love to bring it back.

Offline robbohuyton

• Main Stander
  • Any spares lad?
« Reply #9862 on: March 6, 2015, 12:34:04 am »

I would certainly contribute if a small fee was introduced for their current content though.....

There are no arms up the back - we're just having a go. And if people want to come on board, sound. If not, the site and two shows a week will stay free.
You can 'virtually' buy us a bevvy though if you really wanted to... http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/donate/

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9863 on: March 6, 2015, 06:47:40 am »
There are no arms up the back - we're just having a go. And if people want to come on board, sound. If not, the site and two shows a week will stay free.
You can 'virtually' buy us a bevvy though if you really wanted to... http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/donate/
That's great...  Will do that.
W

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9864 on: March 6, 2015, 11:36:17 am »
As long as I only have to listen to that Blundell once a month it'll be ok...

Hard luck pal.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #9865 on: March 6, 2015, 12:18:15 pm »
It was just getting a bit much in terms of time to produce. Glad it's missed though, we'd love to bring it back.
Yea, the mag was great. It could be easier to navigate on android though (i've not tried it on iphone)

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #9866 on: March 6, 2015, 12:20:45 pm »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9867 on: March 6, 2015, 12:25:58 pm »

I'm a bit like that, wondering how I'll fit it all in. Will end up sacking off some of the other pods I listen to I expect (Anfield Index, Daytrippers, etc).
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9868 on: March 6, 2015, 01:01:05 pm »
Very exciting! When does it all kick off?

Offline JCB Barnes

• Main Stander
  • Goal Digger
« Reply #9869 on: March 6, 2015, 01:18:50 pm »
This is all brilliant like, but I'm never going to read another book in my life now. I hope you're happy.

P.S. Happy Birthday to Neil's mum - hope she was able to choose the best gig to go to.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #9870 on: March 6, 2015, 02:10:00 pm »
Can a brother get a wrap tonight? :)

Get a kebab just in case.
Kill the humourless

Offline Mivi

• Strawberry-flavoured Jayne Torvill ; 3,000,000 not out
  • Legacy Fan
  • By the way..........It's been emotional.
« Reply #9871 on: March 9, 2015, 01:53:48 pm »
It's cause he loks like a badger. Women fucking love badgers.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9872 on: March 11, 2015, 04:29:04 pm »
Any chance the sound/volume will be sorted for the next pod? Find myself having to turn it up full whack just to hear what everyone is saying clearly. Obviously understand there will be teething problems since moving to the 'big room'.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9873 on: March 11, 2015, 05:28:35 pm »
Yeah, the latest one was pretty quiet, struggled to hear when I was on the motorway. I figured it was something to do with testing the volume in the new room so hopefully it'll be sorted.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline tmsneil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9874 on: March 11, 2015, 05:46:08 pm »
Any chance the sound/volume will be sorted for the next pod? Find myself having to turn it up full whack just to hear what everyone is saying clearly. Obviously understand there will be teething problems since moving to the 'big room'.
Yeah, the sound is improving all the while. Should be sorted by next Tuesday.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #9875 on: March 11, 2015, 08:48:59 pm »
Sound already much better for The Tuesday Review, which by the way is a great addition.

EDIT:

In regards to the sound, I know pretty much nothing on this and you probably already have a solution you're working towards but just in case I saw this video which came with some recommended products. His podcast sounds pretty good with 3-4 people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InpwCK-V_Aw - First 5 minutes covers it.

Folding Screen: http://amzn.to/1hNqnPW
Acoustic Foam: http://amzn.to/1nRpHOA
Velcro Tape: http://amzn.to/1svkrAo
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:03:00 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline tmsneil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9876 on: March 11, 2015, 09:13:02 pm »
Sound already much better for The Tuesday Review, which by the way is a great addition.

EDIT:

In regards to the sound, I know pretty much nothing on this and you probably already have a solution you're working towards but just in case I saw this video which came with some recommended products. His podcast sounds pretty good with 3-4 people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InpwCK-V_Aw - First 5 minutes covers it.

Folding Screen: http://amzn.to/1hNqnPW
Acoustic Foam: http://amzn.to/1nRpHOA
Velcro Tape: http://amzn.to/1svkrAo

We'll have a look at that. Tuesday evening featured Andy Heaton atop a step ladder stapling black curtains to the ceiling and I reckon it will have improved again.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #9877 on: March 11, 2015, 10:06:24 pm »
Quick question - sorry if already covered but the move to the paid stuff (which I will be all over - I spend about 8 hours commuting each week and it's the price of less than 2 Costa expresses) will I be able to download it to my phone?

Offline tmsneil

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9878 on: March 12, 2015, 11:46:51 pm »
Quick question - sorry if already covered but the move to the paid stuff (which I will be all over - I spend about 8 hours commuting each week and it's the price of less than 2 Costa expresses) will I be able to download it to my phone?
Yes, we should have that sorted by the time we're at the subscription phase.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #9879 on: March 13, 2015, 11:05:40 am »
Well, here it is, the new site and a load of new shows

www.theanfieldwrap.com
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."