Author Topic: FA Cup Draw  (Read 161786 times)

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
Re: FA Cup Draw
« Reply #1000 on: January 9, 2017, 07:23:01 pm »
Wolves at home.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1001 on: January 9, 2017, 07:27:24 pm »
Was hoping for an away...so the replay is at home and I don;t have to take more leave!! ;)
We are a team of one half.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #1002 on: January 9, 2017, 07:28:25 pm »
Hope its a 3pm kick off, considering we have chelsea the tuesday after
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: January 9, 2017, 07:48:04 pm »
Hope its a 3pm kick off, considering we have chelsea the tuesday after

5 games I think are televisied? We won't be on the Friday as we've the 2nd leg of EFL on Wed and as you say hopefully not the Sunday. Man Utd will obv be on tv as their last 50 odd games have been. Southampton v Arsenal would be a potential one I'd bet. Derby v Leicester & Spurs v Wycombe too. Leaves one TV game. If Sutton win through you'd think that would be one.

All guesswork of course.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #1004 on: January 9, 2017, 07:58:08 pm »
5 games I think are televisied? We won't be on the Friday as we've the 2nd leg of EFL on Wed and as you say hopefully not the Sunday. Man Utd will obv be on tv as their last 50 odd games have been. Southampton v Arsenal would be a potential one I'd bet. Derby v Leicester & Spurs v Wycombe too. Leaves one TV game. If Sutton win through you'd think that would be one.

All guesswork of course.
Will be the saturday as we have chelsea on tv on the tuesday should we beat Plymouth
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: January 10, 2017, 12:15:02 am »
No way this should be on TV (if we get through!)

BT will probably pick it though. They're obsessed with us.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1006 on: January 10, 2017, 06:15:08 am »
BT Sport2 next Wed.... so they do seem to be! :) Thuogh will ha handy for many

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1007 on: January 10, 2017, 08:08:40 am »
Rarely the best cup games are picked. Pure economics. That's why Utd have had 50 odd on the spin. They have a worldwide pull. A right result for BT us having a replay

Offline chrisfletcher

• RAWK Pyschic. He knows what we're all thinking. He must be pretty pissed off at me then...Shit song writer.
  • Anny Roader
    • Twitter
« Reply #1008 on: January 10, 2017, 09:03:01 am »
I doubt they will choose us for telly

They'll need to pick them before the replay and they might end up showing Plymouth v Wolves

Offline jonesygeez

• Main Stander
« Reply #1009 on: January 10, 2017, 09:43:24 am »

They'll need to pick them before the replay and they might end up showing Plymouth v Wolves

Good point! pray for sat 3pm!

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1010 on: January 10, 2017, 10:28:26 am »

Which would still be a League 2 team at home to a Championship one. Personally I think that they will pick it and take a chance.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #1011 on: January 10, 2017, 10:34:59 am »
It's a shite draw all round for the TV companies. Chances are they'll pick us for a Saturday lunch or evening game.
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: January 10, 2017, 11:11:00 am »
It's a shite draw all round for the TV companies. Chances are they'll pick us for a Saturday lunch Dinner or evening game.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: January 10, 2017, 11:12:13 am »
TICKET PRICES

Adult £20

65+ £15

18-21 £15

Under 18 £7

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: January 10, 2017, 11:17:57 am »
Pisses me off how slow we always are with ticket news. People have plans to make. This should be discussed between both clubs after the draw and replay arrangements made and ready to be released immediately if required

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: January 10, 2017, 11:26:55 am »
Pisses me off how slow we always are with ticket news. People have plans to make. This should be discussed between both clubs after the draw and replay arrangements made and ready to be released immediately if required

It's fucking ridiculous mate.  They need to sort the allocations out before the first match so they already know what's going on.

I remember us playing Brighton once in the days when the away club had to bring the tickets with them in case we drew.  At the end of the match they made an announcement that tickets for the replay will go on sale immediately.

Left the match, walked back to the old ticket office and bought my replay ticket. 

I know we can't go back to this but there's no reason at all that they couldn't have at the least made an announcement yesterday.  Plymouth have announced their selling details.

They know with the loyalty system they could sell the tickets four times over at £20 and they're just not arsed. 

Offline Albert Shears

• Main Stander
  • Rafa Loyalist
« Reply #1016 on: January 10, 2017, 11:35:54 am »
They've closed two of the end blocks in our end of the ground. usually a family mixed zone for home/away fans. whether thats going to us or not..but that would give us nearly the whole end.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1017 on: January 10, 2017, 11:46:33 am »
They've closed two of the end blocks in our end of the ground. usually a family mixed zone for home/away fans. whether thats going to us or not..but that would give us nearly the whole end.

No way are they giving us more than we are entitled to.

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: January 10, 2017, 11:50:30 am »
Might be a tiny bit more. Their chief exec was on tv before the draw yesterday saying how good we were to them and how welcoming we were (at a boardroom/behind the scenes level) and that we gave them about 500 more than we had to. They won't give us 4000. But think they might give us 100 or 200 more than 15% if that makes it easier to seggregate. If they screw us over after we gave them more tickets I would be disappointed, and this was probably discussed before the first game anyway

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: January 10, 2017, 11:54:12 am »

They might only have segregation in the concourse at the point of the normal allocation of 1,500 or whatever it is.

Probably not but nothing wrong with hoping.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: January 10, 2017, 11:56:24 am »
and this was probably discussed before the first game anyway

No probably about it.  The allocation for the replay would have been agreed before last Sunday.  It needs to be, FA rules.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1021 on: January 10, 2017, 12:29:11 pm »
Surely with the timescale involved, they'll be an announcement today with the 1st sale on Thursday and the 2nd sale on Friday  ::)
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1022 on: January 10, 2017, 12:32:11 pm »
Might be a tiny bit more. Their chief exec was on tv before the draw yesterday saying how good we were to them and how welcoming we were (at a boardroom/behind the scenes level) and that we gave them about 500 more than we had to. They won't give us 4000. But think they might give us 100 or 200 more than 15% if that makes it easier to seggregate. If they screw us over after we gave them more tickets I would be disappointed, and this was probably discussed before the first game anyway

Yep, that's pretty much what I meant Tony.

I remember on here last year, people expecting Stoke to give us the whole end for the semi, rather than the approx. 2,700 that they had to give us.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #1023 on: January 10, 2017, 12:40:58 pm »
Surely with the timescale involved, they'll be an announcement today with the 1st sale on Thursday and the 2nd sale on Friday  ::)

Now Now.... ;D

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: January 10, 2017, 01:11:02 pm »

With the timescales, long journey for most and the expected smallish allocation, it'd be the ideal time to do a pick up the ticket from the ground.  That'd be interesting to see what it would come down to.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1025 on: January 10, 2017, 01:15:38 pm »
And then delays cause huge numbers to be late and not get in....?

Maybe a % but not all. Doubt Argyle could cope either!

(Though I get where you are coming from)

Offline Joff123

• Anny Roader
  • They say our days our numbered
    • Twitter
« Reply #1026 on: January 10, 2017, 03:34:00 pm »
With the timescales, long journey for most and the expected smallish allocation, it'd be the ideal time to do a pick up the ticket from the ground.  That'd be interesting to see what it would come down to.

Makes sense in principal, but think of people sneaking out of work a few hours early then bomb it down to Plymouth and just make kick off?

If it was a weekend, i'd fully agree we should trial run it as it is so frustrating.

Just awaiting the best time to implement it.

Offline stevemcd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1027 on: January 10, 2017, 03:58:45 pm »
There is no proper segregation in the Barn Park end - fans are separated by a plastic advertising sheet which spans the length of the seating area and goes across about half dozen seats. Plus a row of stewards of course. That means they can move it to where they want in terms of allocation of seats.

FYI, I did the trip on Sunday and it takes 4.5 hours to drive with a quick stop as Sandbach and Bromsgrove have loads of roadworks. If you want a programme, the website says they are only printing 5000 so that will be an issue too.

I'm a red who lives in Plymouth so if you need any info, let me know and i'll try and help

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #1028 on: January 10, 2017, 04:08:48 pm »
There is no proper segregation in the Barn Park end - fans are separated by a plastic advertising sheet which spans the length of the seating area and goes across about half dozen seats. Plus a row of stewards of course. That means they can move it to where they want in terms of allocation of seats.

FYI, I did the trip on Sunday and it takes 4.5 hours to drive with a quick stop as Sandbach and Bromsgrove have loads of roadworks. If you want a programme, the website says they are only printing 5000 so that will be an issue too.

I'm a red who lives in Plymouth so if you need any info, let me know and i'll try and help
That's good info mate, cheers. Where is the best place for away fans to have a pint ?

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #1029 on: January 10, 2017, 04:26:38 pm »
the only time they has it right was straight after the villareal game last season
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: January 10, 2017, 04:34:05 pm »

So there's no segregation at all in the concourse underneath the stand?  Plastic sheets can be moved to accommodate more / less fans but it's usually the concourses that make it difficult.

Offline Sooty89!!!

• Simpleton with a Repressed Replica Top Fetish.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1031 on: January 10, 2017, 04:44:44 pm »

Its more to do with facilities underneath the stand like toilets, segregation on the concourse etc

Offline stevemcd

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1032 on: January 10, 2017, 04:52:43 pm »
That's good info mate, cheers. Where is the best place for away fans to have a pint ?

The 2 nearest pubs are The Britannia (Wetherspoons) but will be rammed with Argyle fans - they normally let away fans in (although they aren't used to this level of away support and they don't allow football shirts) and the Cherry Tree (10 minute walk) - bit like the Arkles as they have 2 sides for drinking. However I suspect this may be restricted to home fans but I'm guessing. It's hard to judge really as nobody has brought this level of away support in years. I would suggest the Walkabout or Union rooms in city centre if you are arriving early enough and get a taxi to the ground as they can cope with this level of support. Taxi would be about a fiver or half hour walk. One pub that may be worth "taking over" is Henry Js, near to the train station in Mayflower Street (quite big but always quiet)

For Exeter/Portsmouth games, the police normally stop coaches and route them in via convoy. Parking is good at the ground if you get there early (and it's free) otherwise you are trawling the streets to park. Nowhere charges to park near the ground, there aren't any of the pop-up parking places like in Liverpool.

The sad thing is the entire lower side of the Mayflower terracing has no seats and standing isn't allowed, could easily get another 3000 in there.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1033 on: January 10, 2017, 04:57:22 pm »

The sad thing is the entire lower side of the Mayflower terracing has no seats and standing isn't allowed, could easily get another 3000 in there.

Shows you just how ridiculous the law is.  They get promoted and can't use it so rip out the crush barriers and put temporary seats in.  They get relegated so they take out the temporary seats, and although they can legally use terracing again the crush barriers are no longer there.

We'd have had an extra 15% of 3,000 if it wasn't for that.

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: January 10, 2017, 05:11:35 pm »
I cant believe the club havent announced anything yet...have they forgot?

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #1035 on: January 10, 2017, 05:15:31 pm »
I cant believe the club havent announced anything yet...have they forgot?
Nothing that our TO does or doesn't do surprises my anymore.

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #1036 on: January 10, 2017, 05:20:38 pm »
Nothing that our TO does or doesn't do surprises my anymore.

You know they will release details tomorrow afternoon with a sale Thursday morning as they are helpful like that

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #1037 on: January 10, 2017, 05:33:38 pm »
Alright lads / lasses, like stevemcd I'm also a Red living in Plymouth...

As far as I'm aware there isn't a definitive segregation on the concourse underneath Home Park and they simply use metal shutters / police presence which allows for flexibility depending on the away end - allocation, opponents etc

I also put this in the post match thread from Sunday...
If any Reds are planning on coming down for the replay we've got a pub on the Barbican (right next to the city centre) called Porters which has been adopted as the Plymouth Liverpool supporters club. It is about a half hour walk from the ground, but there really aren't a lot of decent alternatives in the area.
If anybody has any other questions about the area such as parking, accommodation etc I'll be more than happy to help out :wave

I'll be hoping to pick up a spare for this myself on the exchange so maybe see some you next week!

Edit - Thanks to John C for upping my post count to let me share this info
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1038 on: January 10, 2017, 05:57:56 pm »
Liverpool Football Club has released the following ticket details for the FA Cup third-round replay against Plymouth Argyle, to be played at Home Park on Wednesday January 18, kick-off 7.45pm GMT.

The club can confirm we will receive an allocation of 2,462 tickets for this all-ticket fixture .

Full selling details for this fixture will be published on the morning of Wednesday 11th January but can confirm the following:

Ticket prices 

Adults £20
Over 65 £15
18-21yrs (Young Adult) £15
Under 18 £7

Ticket sales

Tickets will be available ONLINE only to Season Ticket holders, Members and Fan Card holders based on attendance at the following FA Cup away fixtures during previous seasons:-

West Ham United (09/02/16), Exeter City (08/01/16), Blackburn Rovers (08/04/15), Crystal Palace (14/02/15), Bolton Wanderers (04/02/15) and Wimbledon (05/01/15).

Attendance at five games: On sale Thursday January 12 from 11am until Friday January 13, 7.15am

Supporters who purchase during the above sale are guaranteed a ticket.

Supporters can purchase one ticket per qualifying supporter for up to a maximum of TEN tickets per transaction.

Attendance at four games: On sale Friday January 13 from 8.15am until 2pm

Ticket availability is limited during this sale and subject to availability on a first come, first served basis. No guarantee can be given that tickets will be available to all who apply.

Supporters can purchase one ticket per qualifying supporter for up to a maximum of FOUR tickets per transaction.

Only in the event that tickets remain:

Attendance at three games: On sale Friday January 13 from 3pm

Supporters can purchase one ticket per qualifying supporter for up to a maximum of FOUR tickets per transaction.

Full details regarding Disabled and Hospitality purchases will be published in the advertised sales notice tomorrow.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #1039 on: January 10, 2017, 06:02:32 pm »
Less than 15% then, any chance it'll drop to 1?
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp