Author Topic: Jose Manuel Reina  (Read 273222 times)

Offline shafticus

• Anny Roader
Re: Jose Manuel Reina
« Reply #2640 on: February 29, 2012, 11:37:51 pm »
Some hyper over sensitivity now. Seems targeting Liverpool footballers is the quickest way to gain publicity to a cause these days.

Fixed that for you.
I read in Wikipedia that his full name is Andrew Thomas Carroll. Such a beautiful name. By the way,

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #2641 on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:29 pm »
Absolutely fuck all wrong with it.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2642 on: February 29, 2012, 11:38:34 pm »
Bruce Parry is a racist. Nearly everyone in the tribes he lives with is black.

A lot of them dance as well.

What a monster.

Offline shafticus

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2643 on: February 29, 2012, 11:39:35 pm »
This is a total sham.  Nevertheless, I hope the club and Pepe come out and address this in a way that shows they've learned the PR lessons of the Suarez thing.  Sadly though, I just can't see this going well.
I read in Wikipedia that his full name is Andrew Thomas Carroll. Such a beautiful name. By the way,

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #2644 on: February 29, 2012, 11:41:40 pm »
The anti-racist micro groups like OBV need any and every opportunity to push their cause, whether it's justified or not. Propaganda coups like this will ensure funds for their campaigns and attitudes gain widespread publicity. They have no credibilty and will only alienate people truly committed to fighting racism. If I was Pepe I'd  ask them to direct their questions to all the other actors in the adverts - why I'd ask were they in them. Could it be a harmless way to get a pay cheque?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2645 on: February 29, 2012, 11:43:05 pm »
shows you how twisted this whole thing has become when this bit of fluff is used as evidence of LFC related Racism...the journos reporting this shit (and putting OBV on the map) should hang their heads in shame
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline lindylou100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2646 on: February 29, 2012, 11:43:53 pm »
Meh, now ingurland lost tonight, the rags will focus on that tomorrow instead. Its ridiculous but thats how the journo leeches operate in an ever decreasing newspaper market. The sheeple who buy this shit love to be outraged.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2647 on: February 29, 2012, 11:43:55 pm »
This'll just give more ammunition to the pricks who call us/Kenny/the players racist. They'll obviously miss the point that he was asked to feature in this, innocently, and that he isn't racist.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong in the video at all but I don't know what they say in it.

http://www.joe.ie/football/football-news/so-youve-seen-the-racist-ad-that-has-liverpools-pepe-reina-in-hot-water-right-0021645-1

English subs.

Oh, and I don't believe anyone can find that offensive - what next, tarzan films? Just bullshit shit stirring that quite frankly is embarrassing and anyone genuinely concerned with the issue of racism must be tearing their hair out that nonsense such as this is being claimed as racist et fucking cetera
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2648 on: February 29, 2012, 11:44:21 pm »
Unrelenting bollocks.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #2649 on: February 29, 2012, 11:49:13 pm »
Funny how THAT evra video never got this much publicity
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline Toma

• Main Stander
« Reply #2650 on: February 29, 2012, 11:49:49 pm »
Fucking hell, of course it's Pepe's fault, not the directors who made the advert, and none of the other actors. Not even sure it's really offensive. Kind of trivialises the issue of racism. Everyone falling over themselves to target Liverpool and our players.
Querido Luis, Feliz año nuevo te deseamos el mejor de los éxitos en el 2012 y acá en RAWK te apoyamos completamente.

"Bravery is believing in yourself, and that thing nobody can teach you" - Rafael Benitez

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2651 on: February 29, 2012, 11:50:29 pm »
This is a total sham.  Nevertheless, I hope the club and Pepe come out and address this in a way that shows they've learned the PR lessons of the Suarez thing.  Sadly though, I just can't see this going well.

If by "address" you mean "ignore it" then I agree completely. Much like the List of Demands, this nonsense is not worth wasting our breath on, and only exists because certain newspapers are appealing to the lowest common denominator in an effort to arrest their steep financial decline.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2652 on: February 29, 2012, 11:51:40 pm »
We're an easy target at the minute and every c*nt is taking their chance to have a go at is in order to have their 15 minutes of fame.

This is the same Simon Woolley who defended Diane Abbott for her "White people love playing divide and rule" comment on twitter.

Absolutely no hypocrisy there Simon. Dickhead.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2653 on: February 29, 2012, 11:51:41 pm »
Fucking hell, of course it's Pepe's fault, not the directors who made the advert, and none of the other actors.

Weren't you listening to the anti-racist man? It was his joke! Yes, that's right, Pepe Reina is an ad scriptwriter and producer in his spare time. And you call yourself a fan!

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #2654 on: February 29, 2012, 11:52:38 pm »

What should the club do? The truth of the matter, is that this is farcical, and overplaying any response at all would simply validate the agenda of the Guardian darlings and identity-politics hustlers.

The club needs to be scrupulous from now onwards, and advance our good work on equality and integration on our own terms, and work extremely hard towards that, as we should be doing anyway.

But like I said before after the Lee Jasper episode (a letter that was signed by Simon Wooley, making me suspect that there is co-ordination here) radio silence for the time being is the best option.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #2655 on: February 29, 2012, 11:56:13 pm »
If by "address" you mean "ignore it" then I agree completely. Much like the List of Demands, this nonsense is not worth wasting our breath on

Exactly right. And Simon Wooley was a signatory to the letter of 'demands'. Smells like co-ordination.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #2656 on: February 29, 2012, 11:56:15 pm »
Poor Pepe. I bet when he made this advert he never expected an inquisition.  :o
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2657 on: February 29, 2012, 11:57:02 pm »
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2658 on: February 29, 2012, 11:59:38 pm »
Appalled at this. If there was any doubt there's a witch-hunt against our club, this ought to confirm it.

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #2659 on: March 1, 2012, 12:00:33 am »
I saw it on the beeb and was like wtf?!!! why would he be so stupid.

Then I actually watched the adverts and laughed

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2660 on: March 1, 2012, 12:01:18 am »
I saw it on the beeb and was like wtf?!!! why would he be so stupid.

Then I actually watched the adverts and laughed

And thats the problem. You watched the ad but many wont.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2661 on: March 1, 2012, 12:01:43 am »
Simon Woolley ?

http://www.obv.org.uk/news-blogs/liverpool-fc-fuelling-racism

I just did a quick look around at some of his stuff - for me the guy does have a problem with racism - it eminates from himself
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #2662 on: March 1, 2012, 12:05:18 am »
And thats the problem. You watched the ad but many wont.

I know, its like the Suarez report all over again.

(except with video evidence)

Offline Arathrael

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2663 on: March 1, 2012, 12:09:07 am »
This is just bizarre. It's a portrayal of a fictional, comic, primitive tribe. How is that offensive to black people such as Reina's team-mates?

You wouldn't expect a white footballer to take offense at the comic portrayal of a white motorcyclist as a violent musclebound psycho in one of the other ads, so why would you expect a black footballer to take offense at the comic portrayal of a black tribesman? The implication is that all black people are the same, so any negative portrayal of a black person must offend all black people - but how racist is that?

Madness.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2664 on: March 1, 2012, 12:09:36 am »
Ah, the Beeb have it. Clarke Carlisle and Jason Roberts to give their 'expert' opinions in 3...2...

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #2665 on: March 1, 2012, 12:12:34 am »
Simon Woolley ?

http://www.obv.org.uk/news-blogs/liverpool-fc-fuelling-racism

Well he certainly doesn't give a flying fuck about facts or the truth:

" A few weeks after the incident, a Liverpool fan wearing a 'we support Suarez' t-shirt, racially abused young Black player Tom Adeyemi during an FA cup tie against Oldham."

Really Simon?...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #2666 on: March 1, 2012, 12:14:19 am »
:lmao nothing fucking wrong with that.

JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2667 on: March 1, 2012, 12:16:13 am »
Well he certainly doesn't give a flying fuck about facts or the truth:

" A few weeks after the incident, a Liverpool fan wearing a 'we support Suarez' t-shirt, racially abused young Black player Tom Adeyemi during an FA cup tie against Oldham."

Really Simon?...

Tell me about it, I couldnt be arsed to even post that shit.
But he has an agenda, and he's on it.

Offline Em5y

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2668 on: March 1, 2012, 12:16:50 am »
Seems a real shame when a group like OBV which could do so much good in these troubled times feel it is necessary to waste their time on something so daft.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2669 on: March 1, 2012, 12:17:01 am »
This is just bizarre. It's a portrayal of a fictional, comic, primitive tribe. How is that offensive to black people such as Reina's team-mates?

You wouldn't expect a white footballer to take offense at the comic portrayal of a white motorcyclist as a violent musclebound psycho in one of the other ads, so why would you expect a black footballer to take offense at the comic portrayal of a black tribesman? The implication is that all black people are the same, so any negative portrayal of a black person must offend all black people - but how racist is that?

Madness.

And that's the infantile mentality being displayed here by Woolly - does he also conclude that it is terribly racist and age-ist against old white spanish women who are depicted as liars and bad drivers?

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2670 on: March 1, 2012, 12:17:23 am »
I'm a bit late into this one, having only just discovering this story.

I had a quick google and came up with is.

http://www.obv.org.uk/news-blogs/obv-force-spanish-multinational-pull-racist-ad

It really is getting all a bit tiresome now.   I used to be quite open to race relations organisations, but what the recent past has taught me is that they are not so much out to further race relations, as aposed to their own self serving soapbox posturing.

All it's doing for me, is turning me off and making me less likekly to trust them or be open to them in the future.

L.F.C. ceratinly are the sacrificial lamb that is being thrown under the bus.

What next. Glen johnson is a leading member of the  K.K.K.    ::)

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2671 on: March 1, 2012, 12:24:49 am »

All it's doing for me, is turning me off and making me less likekly to trust them or be open to them in the future.

And that is exactly the damage such childish bullshit like this does to real racism problems, like i said earlier, the problem here is Woolly, he clearly has a problem.

I'm from the west country - typically stereotyped as thick famers with a less-than-healthy liking for cider, do i give a fucking shit when i see the two ronnies chewing on straw, talking over a five-bar gate or catch a re-run of worzel gummidge.

Some twats need to look at themselves instead of displaying mock outrage that insults the issues they're meant to care about.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2672 on: March 1, 2012, 12:25:25 am »
I used to be quite open to race relations organisations, but what the recent past has taught me is that they are not so much out to further race relations, as aposed to their own self serving soapbox posturing.

LFC succeeds in it's nefarious aim to turn everybody in the world into racists, one at a time. Big Red Richie, go to Kenny's office tomorrow to collect your ceremonial white robe and pillowcase.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2673 on: March 1, 2012, 12:28:25 am »
And that is exactly the damage such childish bullshit like this does to real racism problems, like i said earlier, the problem here is Woolly, he clearly has a problem.

I'm from the west country - typically stereotyped as thick famers with a less-than-healthy liking for cider, do i give a fucking shit when i see the two ronnies chewing on straw, talking over a five-bar gate or catch a re-run of worzel gummidge.

Some twats need to look at themselves instead of displaying mock outrage that insults the issues they're meant to care about.

Stereotype my arse. Stop trying to promote your own agenda , yer fucking straw chewing Bulmers supper.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LHtfZCMYCP0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LHtfZCMYCP0</a>
Macca resplendent!

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2674 on: March 1, 2012, 12:30:09 am »
Fucking hell Macca, good job i wasn't in work... my colleagues knickers would have been wet as i spat my drink out.

Legend.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Brook

• Main Stander
  • If only Tonton Zola were a Red...
« Reply #2675 on: March 1, 2012, 12:32:36 am »

Madness.

I think the most upsetting thing about this whole so-called "racism" saga is that it could actually trivialize and desensitize racism itself.
If anything, it reminds me of the boy who cries wolf - you cry enough times and no one gives a shit.

But well, I'm assuming of course that people are logical and at the very least watch the so-called offensive video and think for themselves before they join the witch hunt..

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2676 on: March 1, 2012, 12:33:46 am »
Its just getting reallly reallly sad now. These ppl r just sad. v sad, like sad sam, but not a cute puppy, just really really sad :)

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2677 on: March 1, 2012, 12:34:30 am »
This is a non story. Some sick idiot trying to score brownie points. He can fuck off. The club should say nothing and soon it will be forgotten.

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2678 on: March 1, 2012, 12:37:21 am »
This is a non story. Some sick idiot trying to score brownie points. He can fuck off. The club should say nothing and soon it will be forgotten.

In the midst of a discussion on the racist film maker Pepe Reina, you honestly thought it was a good idea to mention "the brownies?" Get in the queue for pillow cases behind Big Red Richie.
Macca resplendent!

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2679 on: March 1, 2012, 12:39:28 am »
Stereotype my arse. Stop trying to promote your own agenda , yer fucking straw chewing Bulmers supper.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/LHtfZCMYCP0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/LHtfZCMYCP0</a>

I fucking hate the wurzles  ;D

My wife used to go to school with the daughter of the guy on the far left in that video - he used to drop her off in his big fuckoff Bentley, performing like a muppet did him alright