Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012  (Read 54523 times)

Offline BURNA

• Kopite
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2012
« Reply #280 on: August 17, 2011, 03:27:18 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZAUCnH_c6s&feature=player_embedded#at=350

Demo next week. I've stopped getting so excited about it now but PES2011 was a huge improvement, lets hope they've improved more this time.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #281 on: August 17, 2011, 05:27:18 pm »
I think im one of the people who actually really enjoyed the last pro and still play it online most days, so if the new pro is pretty much the same, but fixes the through balls and the keepers parrying shots i will be made up.
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #282 on: August 17, 2011, 07:21:53 pm »
The ping-pongy aspect is down to it being on youtube to be fair. Passing is responsive but you have to aim each pass, like you do in football.

In reality, there is no comparison to PES5, only that if the game keeps improving it will be the first Pes since then to get a decent score. I think some people will be surprised by this game. Others will still prefer Fifa I imagine, with its superior animations and sheen.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: August 22, 2011, 08:27:35 am »
Demo details today. There have been a lot of handbags and the usual rubbish around this title since Gamescom.

Bottom line for me is that it plays well, not only that but you will be able to play Dalglish style, pass and move with it and have fun.

Offline The Fadman

• Kopite
« Reply #284 on: August 22, 2011, 09:05:12 am »
Have they fixed switching, absolutely mind boggling "Titus Bramble" defending and awful goalies this game? Oh and do you still dribble like you have a string attached to the ball?

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #285 on: August 22, 2011, 10:51:57 am »
Demo details today. There have been a lot of handbags and the usual rubbish around this title since Gamescom.

Bottom line for me is that it plays well, not only that but you will be able to play Dalglish style, pass and move with it and have fun.

Could almost be a copy and paste from the last 2 years' :P

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #286 on: August 22, 2011, 11:26:27 am »

when is the demo out?
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: August 22, 2011, 12:00:48 pm »
when is the demo out?

Should be wednesday.

Offline BURNA

• Kopite

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: August 22, 2011, 02:03:55 pm »
They never put out a demo this early, or indeed two demos before the game is released. They must be pretty confident.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #290 on: August 22, 2011, 02:12:13 pm »
They never put out a demo this early, or indeed two demos before the game is released. They must be pretty confident.

I see it differently, there is not that much time before release, the first one is based on a preview build, so inbuilt into it are the excuses of the last three years already, then there is the other one.

All they are trying to do is get the jump on the competition and hopefully claim a few from the other side.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: August 22, 2011, 03:16:56 pm »
I see it differently, there is not that much time before release, the first one is based on a preview build, so inbuilt into it are the excuses of the last three years already, then there is the other one.

All they are trying to do is get the jump on the competition and hopefully claim a few from the other side.

So they are trying to claim back some fans by putting out a demo which they know to be sub-standard which is going to be just the same as what went before it? That seems like it would be a really terrible decision. If you want to "get the jump" on the competition, you do it with something good. They obviously feel they have something good to show off, even if it's not from the final build.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #292 on: August 22, 2011, 03:24:53 pm »
So they are trying to claim back some fans by putting out a demo which they know to be sub-standard which is going to be just the same as what went before it? That seems like it would be a really terrible decision. If you want to "get the jump" on the competition, you do it with something good. They obviously feel they have something good to show off, even if it's not from the final build.

Im sure it will be better, but im certain complaints will be meant with, ah but its fixed for the real one, which it wont.

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #293 on: August 22, 2011, 03:25:58 pm »
Im sure it will be better, but im certain complaints will be meant with, ah but its fixed for the real one, which it wont.

so you want them to not release demos? or? if so, then you have an issue with demos, not pro.
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #294 on: August 22, 2011, 03:27:23 pm »
so you want them to not release demos? or? if so, then you have an issue with demos, not pro.

Issue one demo, if the demo is not ready, dont release one at all, or just wait till it is.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: August 22, 2011, 10:00:19 pm »
PC gamers, the demo is apparently available NOW..............I say apparently, there are loads of videos up from people who are playing it.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: August 22, 2011, 10:03:09 pm »
Nice, downloading now. :D

Please be good.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: August 22, 2011, 10:08:11 pm »
Nice, downloading now. :D

Please be good.

let us know dude

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: August 22, 2011, 10:58:44 pm »
yes hurry up and let us know

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: August 22, 2011, 10:59:33 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZAUCnH_c6s&feature=player_embedded#at=350

Demo next week. I've stopped getting so excited about it now but PES2011 was a huge improvement, lets hope they've improved more this time.

yeah then i can kick your ass again

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: August 22, 2011, 11:13:59 pm »
It's shit....

Nah, going to take a good while to get used to i think. Feels completely alien to be honest after years of FIFA.

Five minute fucking intro that there's no way of skipping though. Arseholes.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:15:58 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline Chronic

• Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be heroes.
« Reply #301 on: August 22, 2011, 11:19:47 pm »
Haha pathetic again then
Loves getting pissed and shagging brasses

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #302 on: August 22, 2011, 11:32:38 pm »
Tons of positive feedback/wanking over the demo, any one got a quick enough link?

EDIT:

Linky :)
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6D3ZF9OL
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:37:17 pm by Kashinoda »
:D

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: August 22, 2011, 11:35:46 pm »
Haha pathetic again then
Yeah, haha. Lemme guess. FIFA superfan? I'll wait till i play the demos meself before i'll make me own judgement

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: August 23, 2011, 12:13:40 am »
DLing now, about 2/3rds done with the download. Another link, maxing out my connection speed at the moment: http://dl.pes2012demo.konamionline.com/pes2012demo/PES2012DEMO.zip

Offline reds9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #305 on: August 23, 2011, 12:25:03 am »
PES in recent years kind of suck, I'll take the older versions (Winning eleven 7) any day. Thanks for the demo link,  going to try it out but no high hopes at all.

Offline skooma

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our change into rain is no change at all.
« Reply #306 on: August 23, 2011, 01:34:01 am »
Hope it's better than the honestly rubbish 2011 version. 2010 was my first footy game ever and I liked it well enough but 2011 is shit.

Downloaded it at work on their fat pipe and I'll pick it up tomorrow ;D

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #307 on: August 23, 2011, 01:44:58 am »
Haven't bought either FIFA or pes since 2006 are they still based on getting the ball to Gerrard, getting him
 to run like hell beat four defenders with sheer speed and then tapping it in? Or is it more like the wii one where you shoot and collect the rebound to score? :P serious note though should I buy PES or FIFA for 40 quid(actually in dollars but making it easy) for xbox?
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #308 on: August 23, 2011, 01:45:37 am »
Erm,

It's really... good.

Very fluid, fantastic AI. Honestly I'm very surprised. Been a massive fan of FIFA from 09-11 but mmmm.
:D

Offline The Fadman

• Kopite
« Reply #309 on: August 23, 2011, 04:42:22 am »
What exactly do with the file once I DL it? Just unzip it?

EDIT: Got it too work, can anyone tell me the keyboard controls for moving, etc? not an option on the link i just dled to see it.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 05:09:48 am by The Fadman »

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: August 23, 2011, 08:10:35 am »
In terms of gameplay PES2012 is really good better than FIFA11, but less fun than FIFA.  Although it was the case before it is probably moreso the case now than ever, that If I played a lot of random matches now I'd prefer to do it on FIFA, but if I wanted to play single player season (ML FL whatever) I'd prefer PES

Offline Chronic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: August 23, 2011, 09:31:48 am »
Yeah, haha. Lemme guess. FIFA superfan? I'll wait till i play the demos meself before i'll make me own judgement

Nope, completely wrong, i'm just not stupid enough to believe the shite Konami spouts every single year, and i'd already played the demo at the time of my post last night so it was in no way a fan boy post as i'm not overly keen on fifa either.

Offline lionel_messias

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: August 23, 2011, 09:49:23 am »
Erm,

It's really... good.

Very fluid, fantastic AI. Honestly I'm very surprised. Been a massive fan of FIFA from 09-11 but mmmm.

Interesting. Look forward to loads of people trying the demo tomomorrow on consoles and reading more impressions.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #313 on: August 23, 2011, 11:58:20 am »
Was going to download the demo when I realised my ancient cranky PS2 pad (and its converter) don't work on windows 7. Tried another old PS2 PC lookalike pad and then found out the R1 wasn't working properly. Argh!

I'll just wait till tomorrow for the xbox one. I think the 2 demo system is a really good idea and EA should think about using it next year too
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: August 23, 2011, 01:16:28 pm »
Nope, completely wrong, i'm just not stupid enough to believe the shite Konami spouts every single year, and i'd already played the demo at the time of my post last night so it was in no way a fan boy post as i'm not overly keen on fifa either.
Fair enough pal, you seemed very quick to shoot it down, exactly the type of behaviour from fanboys so i'll apologise. So you played the demo, but thought it was pathetic, judging by the comments on the demo, here and on the net, you're in the minority there. Maybe you should play it a few more times. Cant wait to play it tomorrow meself, for an hour or so

Offline NuncaCaminarásSolo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #315 on: August 23, 2011, 01:23:18 pm »
Hope it's better than the honestly rubbish 2011 version. 2010 was my first footy game ever and I liked it well enough but 2011 is shit.

Downloaded it at work on their fat pipe and I'll pick it up tomorrow ;D

By '2010' are you referring to PES 2010? I honestly think PES 08-10 were completely unplayable after about a week. PES 2011 was miles better but I still couldn't continue playing it for more than a month due to some small but crucial bugs. I just can't understand how you would think PES 2010 was better than 2011 (or even playable to be honest).

Impressions from Gamescom seemed to be positive. Also, to keep you satisfied until you get your hands on the demo, here's in my opinion the best gameplay video from Gamescom:

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/pes2012-gamescom-pitchside-gameplay/

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: August 23, 2011, 02:36:06 pm »
I gave the demo of this a go last night and went into it with very low expectations. The annoying thing about the demo is that you can't skip the intro. There's also no option to bump the resolution of the visuals up (unless I missed something), and if you've a decent rig, that can be a bit of a bollox, but it's not a big deal. I'm a bit surprised at how playable it is, actually. It controls a lot better than the past few atrocious efforts, which is a huge thing for me seeing that Fifa handles like silk these days, with Fifa 12 actually improving on that. It still feel very shoddy in comparison, though, but nothing that wrecks the game like before. Big improvement there. As for all the talk of this ground-breaking AI, well, that's a bit exaggerated. It plays like the old PS2 games to a certain extent, though I did have it set on the highest difficulty, there was nothing really special or new worth noting that hasn't been done on a PS2 almost 10 years before this. What is really nice is that they have included a great little feature that allows you to switch players on the pitch on the fly with the other stick, and it's really brilliant to use in set-pieces from corners and free kicks especially. In this area, it's a lot better than anything Fifa does, and it makes taking corners and set pieces exciting. There's a new defending feature in there that is also very nice and feels realistic. Shooting and passing feel a bit lightweight, though, but that is down to the ball physics, which honestly are not anywhere near as good as Fifa's. It's still decent, though, and not every long range shot you ping troubles the keeper at 100mph like before. Speaking of the keepers, this is one area of the demo that really falls flat on it's face. They are absolutely shocking. Think De Gea style phobia of crosses and long range finger stingers, and you've a good idea of the type of clangers they come off with at times. It's not quite a game breaker, but it's almost, and Konami really do need to get them sorted before release. Oh, and one other thing I really liked about the demo that kept me glued playing it was the training scenarios. Like everything else about PES these days, it's a bit of a throwback that seems a bit dated, but after such a long time of it being absent from single-player games these days, it's a welcome little addition and very fun to play; a bit like the old scenarios back in ISS.

So the game isn't that bad. I'd certainly play it now if presented with a pad to play someone 1v1. However, during playing the demo, I just couldn't help but feel something was wrong. There's a playable and fun game in there, but something was missing and I couldn't really put my finger on it until I realised that it reminded me of the early PS2 efforts, and that's when it hit me. Not that it is a bad thing in itself, but that is exactly what felt wrong for me. Everything just looks and feels so dated now even if they have ironed out some major flaws that went wrong with the series years ago. They've only just restored it to a playable high res PS2 title 6 years into the current generation, and it's not good enough. You'd still be better off downloading PES 5 (for all those that still hang on and love it) and that's saying something for the series. I really don't mean to turn this into a PES Vs Fifa thing, but looking at the two (especially Fifa 12, which is looking really fantastic) EA really have nothing to worry about again. PES has made some considerable improvements here over titles that were honestly shocking, and that's a good thing; but it is by no means on par yet, and has a very long way to go before it catches up.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: August 23, 2011, 04:26:54 pm »
Had a good bash of it last night. Overall, I'm not really feeling it to be honest. It's playable, so it's clearly a much better game than previous efforts.

My main problem with it, is probably something others will absolutely love about it...it's way too easy to string lovely passing combinations together, so much so that it feels cheap and unearned. Very arcade-y. The animations are still dire too.

Haven't given up on it yet though....

There's also no option to bump the resolution of the visuals up (unless I missed something), and if you've a decent rig, that can be a bit of a bollox, but it's not a big deal.

Find the folder where you installed it, there should be a 'settings.exe' in there.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 04:28:55 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: August 23, 2011, 04:30:36 pm »
Had a good bash of it last night. Overall, I'm not really feeling it to be honest. It's playable, so it's clearly a much better game than previous efforts.

My main problem with it, is probably something others will absolutely love about it...it's way too easy to string lovely passing combinations together, so much so that it feels cheap and unearned. Very arcade-y. The animations are still dire too.

Haven't given up on it yet though....

Find the folder where you installed it, there should be a 'settings.exe' in there.

So the one thing that FIFA has been ruined by aswell, the use of ping pong style gameplay on assisted controls.

Offline Chronic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: August 23, 2011, 04:36:16 pm »
So the one thing that FIFA has been ruined by aswell, the use of ping pong style gameplay on assisted controls.

You don't get ping pong passing on fifa unless you use assisted controls,

Impossible to play ping pong 1 touch amazing passing on manual