Author Topic: The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread  (Read 58450 times)

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
Re: The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread
« Reply #800 on: April 25, 2012, 08:33:51 am »
Can you not go back to the old one?

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: April 25, 2012, 03:29:16 pm »
Having a problem at the moment, not sure if its to do with ICS or not but only just seems to have started happening in the last couple of weeks.

Occasionally it seems to go into a pasting frenzy. I'll be typing an email, and will realise I've made a mistake somewhere. So I'll tap somewhere in the email to insert text and instead it pastes some other text, and every time I click anywhere in the email it continues pasting. Even if I press the backspace key to delete what its pasted it just pastes it again.

Anyone else had this?
RIP 97 - You'll Never Be Forgotten, You'll Never Walk Alone.

JUSTICE FOR THE 97 - Don't Buy The S*n

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
The Samsung Galaxy S2 thread
« Reply #802 on: April 25, 2012, 03:39:36 pm »
Never seen that sorry.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #803 on: April 25, 2012, 03:41:59 pm »
Having a problem at the moment, not sure if its to do with ICS or not but only just seems to have started happening in the last couple of weeks.

Occasionally it seems to go into a pasting frenzy. I'll be typing an email, and will realise I've made a mistake somewhere. So I'll tap somewhere in the email to insert text and instead it pastes some other text, and every time I click anywhere in the email it continues pasting. Even if I press the backspace key to delete what its pasted it just pastes it again.

Anyone else had this?

yep having the same problem other problem im having is tryign to copy and paste sometimes it wont let me paste at all

Offline damian

• Gregory Peck's scared of me. So is cling film. Too inept to swallow a tiddly (wink) ;) Likes the idea of straps.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: April 25, 2012, 03:54:12 pm »
yep having the same problem other problem im having is tryign to copy and paste sometimes it wont let me paste at all

After loads of searching for different terms on Google, I finally found http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/513367-moving-cursor-text-field-text-keeps-pasting-last-word.html.

I do use Swype, so looks like it might be that (unless you do not use it of course, in which case it must be something else). I'm going to disable Swype temporarily and see if I continue to get the issue.

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
  • Infamy,infamy,they've all got it in for me.
« Reply #805 on: April 25, 2012, 03:59:23 pm »

Had something similar.Other things have noticed.When using orange swappables and it sends me a text link i click it and it works but hours later it will send me the same link 3 or 4 times!Also when entering words on a website the keyboard symbol comes up in the notifications area.I go into settings and confirm which keyboard input i want to use.... then it dissapears but a day or 2 later returns until i reconfirm again.Just annoying rather than a problem.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: April 25, 2012, 05:40:33 pm »
After loads of searching for different terms on Google, I finally found http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s2-international/513367-moving-cursor-text-field-text-keeps-pasting-last-word.html.

I do use Swype, so looks like it might be that (unless you do not use it of course, in which case it must be something else). I'm going to disable Swype temporarily and see if I continue to get the issue.

yep am using swype will go back to good old text type see how i fare

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: April 25, 2012, 08:53:56 pm »
Only problem for me is a minor one,  when you're browsing you used to be able to double tap and it would zoom in and resize the text, it would also allow you to scroll down without it moving sideways for easy reading, this doesn't appear to be able to do it. Oh well.

I'm on the standard browser by the way.

Its a pain in the arse makes reading text a ball ache.
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline Tomo!

• Shit post editor! Will be giving his wife one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #808 on: April 25, 2012, 09:02:50 pm »
Sorted it.

Settings, advances, auto fit pages.

Still think the browser is not as good as the old one?
Google messi topless on holiday. Now look at david silva, villa, iniesta, xavi, they have the upper bodies of little boys.

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #809 on: April 25, 2012, 09:27:40 pm »
I was under the impression that ICS would allow the user to cancel individual listings in the notification bar...and i can't.

Offline plasterered

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a....
« Reply #810 on: April 25, 2012, 09:45:07 pm »
can you use swipe on the S2 ? not on ICS yet btw and if yes how do i set it up

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: April 25, 2012, 09:52:44 pm »
Think swypes the default keyboard anyway.its pre-installed.

Offline damian

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #812 on: April 25, 2012, 10:38:35 pm »
I was under the impression that ICS would allow the user to cancel individual listings in the notification bar...and i can't.

You should be able to do it by swiping them to the side.

can you use swipe on the S2 ? not on ICS yet btw and if yes how do i set it up

I used to use it in Gingerbreak, it was pre-installed. If I remember rightly, pre-ICS you click the settings button to the left of the space bar on the keyboard, then select Swype from input methods.

In ICS you go to Settings > Language and input > then tick Swype. You might be able to do it this way in Gingerbread as well.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #813 on: April 26, 2012, 09:46:05 pm »
Sometimes the wifi button stops responding. The phone will either then reboot itself or you need to remove the battery

Same as what this guy is saying

http://forum.vodafone.ie/index.php?/topic/11051-wifi-freeze-on-samsung-galaxy-s2-with-ics-4-0-3/

PS: No I can't be arsed to go through all that facotry reset shit

Edit: Loads of people having it too it seems

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=28036
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 09:54:26 pm by buzzing »
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline choi

• of sex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Toto
« Reply #814 on: April 26, 2012, 11:25:38 pm »
I've had that a couple of times today...

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: April 27, 2012, 12:03:24 am »
anyone know how to control the wifi with juice defender mine keeps switching it off when i unlock my fone and takes a age to reconnect

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #816 on: April 27, 2012, 11:24:56 pm »
Well, finally managed to get myself onto ICS.

I really, really like this phone, but I've found Kies to be a massive pain in the arse to use.  Had to uninstall and  re-install Kies on my laptop, turn the phone on and off various times, do a few 'debug' things before finally getting Kies to recognise the damn phone that was plugged in.  That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

Anyway, bit of a pain having to re-arrange your icons all over again, sort out the Orange swapables and generally get used to the slightly changed format.  Still, it's early days, so can't really say yet if it was worth the hassle.

One question though.  Once on ICS, my 'contacts' is now a list of not only my phone contacts, but also all my gmail names, even if they're not people I have phone numbers for and aren't people I ever really want on my phone.  It's also chucked on people who aren't even set up as contacts on gmail, but just people whose e-mail address I have kicking around in gmail, some of whom are work colleagues from years ago I now have no contact with anymore.  Is the only way to separate them out to set up the people I actually phone as 'favourites' on Android?

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #817 on: April 28, 2012, 12:10:23 pm »
Well, finally managed to get myself onto ICS.

I really, really like this phone, but I've found Kies to be a massive pain in the arse to use.  Had to uninstall and  re-install Kies on my laptop, turn the phone on and off various times, do a few 'debug' things before finally getting Kies to recognise the damn phone that was plugged in.  That's an hour of my life I'll never get back.

Anyway, bit of a pain having to re-arrange your icons all over again, sort out the Orange swapables and generally get used to the slightly changed format.  Still, it's early days, so can't really say yet if it was worth the hassle.

One question though.  Once on ICS, my 'contacts' is now a list of not only my phone contacts, but also all my gmail names, even if they're not people I have phone numbers for and aren't people I ever really want on my phone.  It's also chucked on people who aren't even set up as contacts on gmail, but just people whose e-mail address I have kicking around in gmail, some of whom are work colleagues from years ago I now have no contact with anymore.  Is the only way to separate them out to set up the people I actually phone as 'favourites' on Android?

Go into Contacts, hit the menu button and select "Contacts to display", there you can choose which list of contacts to display such as phone, sim, gmail etc etc. There are also sub menus on some of them so you can choose not to show Facebook contacts without numbers etc.

Must admit, since I went to ICS with T Mobile, mine's been playing up a bit, battery drain is dreadful, random shit when on charge, high voltage fault when off charge. tried putting it back to 2.3.6 but the T Mobile firmware I downloaded didn't work so I had to download the T mobile ICS firmware. Must say it seems a bit better than it was than when I upgraded via Kies which is a pile of shite and makes iTunes seem acceptable.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline armchair-fan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: April 28, 2012, 08:41:22 pm »
Go into Contacts, hit the menu button and select "Contacts to display", there you can choose which list of contacts to display such as phone, sim, gmail etc etc. There are also sub menus on some of them so you can choose not to show Facebook contacts without numbers etc.

Must admit, since I went to ICS with T Mobile, mine's been playing up a bit, battery drain is dreadful, random shit when on charge, high voltage fault when off charge. tried putting it back to 2.3.6 but the T Mobile firmware I downloaded didn't work so I had to download the T mobile ICS firmware. Must say it seems a bit better than it was than when I upgraded via Kies which is a pile of shite and makes iTunes seem acceptable.

Cheers for that, my contact list is much more manageable now.  One of these days I'll spend an hour or so weeding through my gmail contacts and deleting some of the dross. 

Glad I'm not the only one who struggled with Kies.  I never use itunes, but if it's anything like that I'm glad I don't.

Offline Des Equilibrante

• Legacy Fan
  • Ex-pat Pie-Eater
Some say he haunts Rawk threads.

All we know is, he's called Des Equilibrante

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #820 on: April 29, 2012, 11:10:00 am »
http://www.mobicity.co.nz/samsung-galaxy-i9300-siii-s3.html

I love the way the three Android buttons at the bottom are incorporated into the touchscreen!

Offline shockwave_dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: April 29, 2012, 11:27:44 am »
So is it worth upgrading to ICS now, or waiting until they have ironed out a few bugs?

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: April 29, 2012, 12:56:22 pm »
Only good thing to come out of ICS so far is the new game called Archipelago. Never play games (apart from DrawSomething) so it must be good if i'm sat here playing it!

I didnt even notice it. Bloody brilliant game!
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline NA_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #823 on: April 29, 2012, 01:22:27 pm »
Will you lads be going for an S3 then?

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: April 29, 2012, 03:38:32 pm »
charging my fone got this message

charging pause due to high voltage

anyone had that before ?

Offline Jules01

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #825 on: April 29, 2012, 03:42:59 pm »

anyone had that before ?

Nope - is it the samsung charger?

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #826 on: April 29, 2012, 11:14:08 pm »

anyone had that before ?

I haven't but I've seen it reported on flashed/rooted phones. Don't know whether that applies to you though.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:22:09 pm by SportBilly »
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline Wait for it!!!

• Unimaginative pisshead!!! +!!
  • Kopite
  • hat, cap, scarf or your banner??
« Reply #827 on: April 29, 2012, 11:49:18 pm »
Got 1 the other day but not got a clue!! Then again I am 50!! :butt
Keegan to Smith to Keegan and Newcastle were undressed!!!!!
Wembley Stadium May 1974 - as a 12 year old flared, stack shoed Alsop Comp LFC diehard. The joy!!

Offline Cleary

• Smooth as babies bottoms
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone
« Reply #828 on: April 30, 2012, 07:25:24 am »
"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I am very disappionted with that attitude. I can assure you it is much more important than that"
 Bill Shankly

Offline Des Equilibrante

• Legacy Fan
  • Ex-pat Pie-Eater
« Reply #829 on: April 30, 2012, 08:26:06 am »
Thats a fake, there using andriod market on that pic for a start
It does fairly say it's unreleased and that the specs are only expected.. but I thought I'd catch a few ;)

Offline keithcun

• Shameless destroyer of Warringtons finest cinematoria, claims he used to have a large one...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: April 30, 2012, 03:19:14 pm »
So is it worth upgrading to ICS now, or waiting until they have ironed out a few bugs?

All I'll say is, I wish I could go back to 2.3.6 as Handcent, which I have used for 2 years doesn't work with T mobiles Galaxy S2 ICS update and GoSMS doesn't either. I don't think other carriers have had the same problem or else my Google search would have thrown more results up when I searched for the problem. Can't connect to Kies either unless I do it by Wi Fi but don't think you have the same usability as when connected via USB.
I might have single handedly ruined Warrington's picture houses,but personally thought my pocket money was better spent at Anfield.

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: April 30, 2012, 03:19:51 pm »

anyone had that before ?

Yes, but only since the T Mobile ICS update. It also happens when off charge, have to restart phone to remove it.

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #832 on: April 30, 2012, 10:44:26 pm »
more wifi freeze. Really pissing me off now

PS: I normally use my old desire and a radio when in the shower...think i must have kiled it now with steam damage. Just stuck on the fastboot screen lol
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Des Equilibrante

• Legacy Fan
  • Ex-pat Pie-Eater
« Reply #833 on: May 1, 2012, 07:35:10 am »
Not sure if gonna get the 2 or the 3 myself. 3 would be sweet, but also means the 2 will come at a knock down price. And the next shipment my local phone shop are getting of the s2s are all coming with ICS.

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #834 on: May 1, 2012, 07:44:09 am »
Got a Handcent update late last night and all is working fine now with that now, so that's one major issue out of the way.
Also spoke to T Mobile support last night and they said there were plenty of calls regarding the issues with their version of ICS so I would hope they get an update out ASAP.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #835 on: May 1, 2012, 12:07:05 pm »
ICS on t-mobile is really starting to piss me off now put my fone on charge before i went to bed woke up this morning fully charged an hour later and am down to 50% not even done much with it also whats app seems to freeze getting folk messaging me 30/40 mins after they started

Offline keithcun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: May 1, 2012, 01:58:21 pm »
ICS on t-mobile is really starting to piss me off now put my fone on charge before i went to bed woke up this morning fully charged an hour later and am down to 50% not even done much with it also whats app seems to freeze getting folk messaging me 30/40 mins after they started

It's a piss take mate and it wouldn't be so bad if we could revert back to 2.3.6, they need to pull their fingers out.

Offline Gromit

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #837 on: May 1, 2012, 02:00:30 pm »

Sorry if this sounds obvious but have you tried switching it off and back on?  Battery drain that bad normally only happens to me when an app hasn't shut itself off properly.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #838 on: May 1, 2012, 09:58:51 pm »
Fucking terrible phone.  Probably the 2nd worst I've ever owned (after the Dell Streak) and I've owned quite a few.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline buzzing

• Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #839 on: May 1, 2012, 11:11:24 pm »
Fucking terrible phone.  Probably the 2nd worst I've ever owned (after the Dell Streak) and I've owned quite a few.

How so?

Apart from the wifi issue which is down to the new ics i'd say it's the best phone i've ever had...well 2nd compared to the 5110 lol