Author Topic: Main Stand Test Event  (Read 7001 times)

Offline 18X5

• Main Stander
Re: Main Stand Test Event
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2016, 07:19:24 am »
It's a test, what's wrong with useing the toilets , and as for the free menu , nothing wrong with that

As for the leg room in the NEW stand, that's worth moaning about, joke

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2016, 08:59:40 am »
So has anyone got any pics like :)

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #42 on: August 27, 2016, 09:36:44 am »
It's a test, what's wrong with useing the toilets , and as for the free menu , nothing wrong with that

As for the leg room in the NEW stand, that's worth moaning about, joke

??? Thought the legroom was great, in the upper anyway

Offline Cyril Sidlow

• Boys Pen
  • Loyaute m'oblige
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2016, 10:18:04 am »
So has anyone got any pics like :)

The Kop from the back row of the Main Stand

Offline Cyril Sidlow

• Boys Pen
  • Loyaute m'oblige
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2016, 10:23:10 am »
A couple more pics from the back row

Offline Cyril Sidlow

• Boys Pen
  • Loyaute m'oblige
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2016, 10:27:40 am »
View across the city (from Row 63, just above the Press benches and corporate boxes).

Offline Cyril Sidlow

• Boys Pen
  • Loyaute m'oblige
« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2016, 10:33:29 am »
Disabled supporters' section along Row 63

Offline Cyril Sidlow

• Boys Pen
  • Loyaute m'oblige
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2016, 10:44:56 am »
Inside the refreshments area

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2016, 08:03:33 pm »
The Kop from the back row of the Main Stand
Ta mate, fucking hell that's some view. I daren't encourage the use of phones at the game :) but it will be interesting to see some snaps of the shape of the team during the course of the season.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2016, 08:05:18 pm »
View across the city (from Row 63, just above the Press benches and corporate boxes).
Brilliant, so we can see Wales from row 63  ;D

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2016, 08:20:15 pm »

Whats the leg room like in new Main please?
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2016, 09:11:30 pm »

I was on row 80 Upper and it was good compared to my seat in the Kop and bloody brilliant compared to the Lower Centenary!!

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2016, 09:17:27 pm »
I was on row 80 Upper and it was good compared to my seat in the Kop and bloody brilliant compared to the Lower Centenary!!

Nice one..im in 86..look forward to it
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline Cyril Sidlow

• Boys Pen
  • Loyaute m'oblige
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2016, 12:43:33 am »

We've spent umpteen years in the Upper Centenary and compared to that, the leg room seems good, possibly because the top part of the new Main Stand is so steep.

Offline gods_left_peg

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2016, 12:01:11 pm »
Was the soccer bus running on Friday? Planning on having a few pints in town before the event, so hopefully the normal match day buses are running?
“This club will always be the most important thing for ­millions of fans all over the world, just like Everton are the most important club to some people." - King Kenny

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2016, 05:43:57 pm »
Went this afternoon. Like the stand - the space inside on the concourses, the views over the city, the trees and seats outside, 96 avenue - makes it look like another place but not in a bad way once we get used to it. And it's not finished yet towards the Kop.

The handrails at the end of rows are handy when walking up and down the steps in the top tier too as it is quite steep.

However, my seat was so uncomfortable I had back ache after less than 30 minutes (never do normally) - the seat seemed to be tilted backwards a bit. Hope it's just a one-off for people. My friend couldn't reach the floor when sitting back due to the tilt!

The maps on the wall inside the stand, on the upper concourse, I found a bit weird. One of is Kirkdale, with Stanley Park just in the corner
 - why?! ??? At the other end they have superimposed the location now with the old map and street names etc - but they aren't in line so it looks like Anfield has moved 50m along the road?!  I just found them strange.  :-\

View was very good but if you sit back in your seat (as well as backache) you can't see the near touchline due to the wall in front of you (row 59, front of upper)!

As for the fire evacuation, we well failed that! :D Took ages to get back into the concourse, never mind out of the ground!

Also, there are wheelchair spaces up there - they will have a good view - but how do they get out, does anyone know? In an emergency I mean. There didn't seem to be any today but they must have tested that. I assume there were some of the evacuation chairs and stewards would take them down? But there would be a quite a lot needed if the wheelchair section was full. And it was slow enough  walking down the stairs, never mind trying to help someone i an e-vac (?) chair!

As for the finish inside - there must be snagging issues to still be finished - insulation sticking out everywhere, and bits of wood :)

But give them their due, they have spent some money on it and it will look impressive from the Kop against Leicester I am sure! The higher turnstile area is ugly and reminds me of Wembley, and not keen on the red spots on the window (why?) but overall I think it looks good. Glad I am not sitting in it :D but lots of Main Standers were saying how much better the facilities are, esp the toilets, and not having pillars.

We are a team of one half.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2016, 06:42:44 pm »
Some pics from the superb https://twitter.com/propagandaphoto...

http://propaganda.photoshelter.com/gallery/160829-Liverpool-FC-Main-Stand-Test-Event-2/G0000t3PfuCbeXvQ

Some great pictures! Got myself a ACS ticket in the lower for the league cup so hoping for a home tie soon or we stay in the cup right up until the final so we get a home semi at least :)
ST Waiting List Position - 1556