Author Topic: General West Ham thread  (Read 405409 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: General West Ham thread
« Reply #1840 on: October 27, 2016, 08:18:35 pm »
It is their brand.  Probably push for "Green Street: 2" to be made.
;D

Been there already.

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #1841 on: October 27, 2016, 08:31:33 pm »
This is practically what Brady and the two dildo merchants want. Ban the troublemakers and become the East End Arsenal. Come in, sit down, shut up, go home.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1842 on: October 27, 2016, 08:42:06 pm »
Surprised danny dyer wasn't in the thick of the action last night. He's pwopa nawty.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1843 on: October 27, 2016, 09:15:03 pm »
Surprised danny dyer wasn't in the thick of the action last night. He's pwopa nawty.

Otherwise engaged.....

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1844 on: October 27, 2016, 09:18:23 pm »
The Dale firm are tough bastards. I mean they are  farmers.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1845 on: October 27, 2016, 09:18:26 pm »
You'd think with Brady being so concerned with brand value, she'd want to nip it in the bud?
if she waits a bit someone else will pay, someone else being HMRC

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1846 on: October 28, 2016, 03:32:20 am »
Since when? I know quite a few WHU fans from back in the day and there's ony been a couple of instances when there's been trouble with WHU fans being involved.....like Chopper said....

Didn't they bottle the United team bus just a few months ago? They definitely don't have the best reputation, going by recent incidents.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1847 on: October 28, 2016, 06:52:25 am »
But wait there's more.

West Ham left counting cost of hooliganism after naming rights sponsorship deal for London Stadium collapses.

The toxic start to West Ham United’s anchor tenancy of the London Stadium was compounded on Thursday night after it emerged that negotiations with a multinational conglomerate for the naming rights to their new home had collapsed.

One of the country’s leading sponsorship experts also warned that the hooliganism which marred the club’s EFL Cup win over Chelsea would make it even harder to sell those rights, stopping the taxpayer clawing back millions of pounds of public money spent on converting the London 2012 centrepiece into a Premier League ground.

more here:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/27/west-ham-left-counting-cost-of-hooliganism-after-naming-rights-s/
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #1848 on: October 28, 2016, 07:51:29 am »
It appears to me that all parties involved with west hams move to the new ground havent covered themselves with any glory here.
The move was meant to propel WHU into the big time. It was time for the sleeping giant to awake. They saw an opportunity to leave an ageing, unexpandable ground and get a sparkling, free (or near enough) new stadium with twice as many punters.
But the fact is, it isn't t a football stadium. It's a converted athletics stadium. With poor segregation and a lack of know how on stewarding and policing.
On those two last points.
From what I have read the stewards are not from Upton Park. It's a new outfit. So the experience, know how and more importantly relationships with the Upton Park stewards is lost. That will take time to build.
On the policing. Why the hell has the stadium even got a license if the police radio, used in almost all stadia to manage crowds and incidents is not installed. It baffles me why it wasn't installed for the olympics when everyone is happy waving their union jacks, let alone when the cockneys are having a local tear up. It isn't just about football this applies to. We live in uncertain times and the threat of a terrorist incident, particularly in the capital, looms large. If the rozzas cannot communicate in that stadium then it should be closed until they can.
In the grand scheme of things what would it cost? £1m? It's a drop in the ocean in the PL and was k own about years ago. But I suspect WHU and their fantastic negotiating skills bargained it out of their responsibility. Ignoring the welfare of the punters they are so desperate to attract. Leaving you and I to foot the bill.
They thought the move would lift them to feast at the top table of European football. This season they have fucked it up.
They thought it would create a side to challenge for the PL. this season. They fucked it up.
They thought it would change the image of the club. They fucked it up.
They thought they couldn't go wrong. They fucked it up.
And some think our owners are bad!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1849 on: November 1, 2016, 08:37:36 pm »
Their joke of a stadium just keeps getting worse.

Cost to convert has risen to over £320m, and the 'retractable seating' which was said to cost £300k a time and only 5 days to remove/install will actually cost £8m and take 15 days each time to take down and another 15 days to put up.

Means it's likely the amount of summer activities to help repay the cost will be cut and WHU are likely to have to play their first few games away.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1850 on: November 1, 2016, 08:38:27 pm »

Cost to convert has risen to over £320m, and the 'retractable seating' which was said to cost £300k a time and only 5 days to remove/install will actually cost £8m and take 15 days each time to take down and another 15 days to put up.

Means it's likely the amount of summer activities to help repay the cost will be cut and WHU are likely to have to play their first few games away.
surely it makes sense after the world athletic championship this summer to knock it down and rebuild it

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1851 on: November 1, 2016, 08:44:03 pm »

The thing I find fascinating is that given that a significant amount of money was spend to convert it into a "football stadium," the basics seem to have been missed like closing off areas to prevent mixing of rival fans.

An interesting take on it from a former Burnley and Bolton executive, who had previously been involved with the building of the Reebok and the new Wembley (he walked away as costs began to spiral)

West Ham: London Stadium should be knocked down, says expert

West Ham's London Stadium should be knocked down and rebuilt to suit football fans, a stadium expert says.

Paul Fletcher, who has built or advised on more than 30 new grounds, says athletics was wrongly put before football at the former Olympic Stadium.

He says fans are too far from the pitch at a ground beset by problems since the Hammers moved there this summer.

"Either we go on as we are for the next 30 or 40 years or we knock it down and start again," Fletcher told the BBC.

"Something has to give. If you want to satisfy spectators the only way to get those spectators near that pitch is to knock it down and start again," added the former Burnley striker turned chief executive.

Fletcher, who was behind new stadiums at Bolton, Huddersfield and Coventry, among others, and was commercial director for Wembley Stadium, said he was asked about the development of an Olympic stadium in 2000.

"I said what you must do is design a football stadium that converts to an athletics stadium for two weeks of its lifetime," he said.

"When I build my football stadiums, my number one concern is the spectator.

"What they've done is tried to convert an athletics stadium into a football pitch and, in my opinion, it doesn't work.

"The building was almost built when they started to talk to West Ham."

West Ham won the bid to occupy the Olympic Stadium in March 2013 and played their first game there in August 2016, after 112 years at Upton Park.

However, their move has been marred by fan violence, leading the club to issue a five-point security plan to prevent further disorder.

Hundreds of supporters clashed during the Hammers' EFL Cup tie against Chelsea, with seven arrests made as riot police were deployed inside the stadium.

Vice-chairwoman Karren Brady said the club would ban any fans involved in the violence, while Mark Field MP said the club should be forced to play behind closed doors until the issues are solved.

"Let's face it, there was only going to be one end user and it was only going to be West Ham," Fletcher added.

"Everyone in those days spoke about legacy. The only legacy was going to be as a football stadium and they should have been talking to West Ham and ask them what they want."
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37828905

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1852 on: November 2, 2016, 06:57:34 am »
Gets better:

London mayor Sadiq Khan orders inquiry into West Ham stadium costs

• Bill for converting former Olympic Stadium rises again to £323m
• Sadiq Khan lambasts ‘total and utter mess’ left under Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

The mayor of London has ordered an independent inquiry into the soaring conversion costs for the former Olympic Stadium that is now home to West Ham United, after it emerged the bill had risen by another £51m to £323m.

The Labour mayor Sadiq Khan, elected to succeed his Conservative predecessor Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson in May this year, claimed that the finances of the London Stadium had been left in a “total and utter mess by the previous administration” as the cost of the conversion ballooned.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/nov/01/sadiq-khan-mayor-london-west-ham-stadium-inquiry
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #1853 on: November 2, 2016, 08:16:25 am »
Gets better:

London mayor Sadiq Khan orders inquiry into West Ham stadium costs

• Bill for converting former Olympic Stadium rises again to £323m
• Sadiq Khan lambasts ‘total and utter mess’ left under Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson

The mayor of London has ordered an independent inquiry into the soaring conversion costs for the former Olympic Stadium that is now home to West Ham United, after it emerged the bill had risen by another £51m to £323m.

The Labour mayor Sadiq Khan, elected to succeed his Conservative predecessor Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson in May this year, claimed that the finances of the London Stadium had been left in a “total and utter mess by the previous administration” as the cost of the conversion ballooned.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/nov/01/sadiq-khan-mayor-london-west-ham-stadium-inquiry
Yes but seeing as west ham are footing the bill and not the taxpayer do we really care?

Wait, what?!

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #1854 on: November 2, 2016, 02:17:05 pm »
Is the full lease document available on-line to see who will be liable for costs over run, extended conversion time etc.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: November 2, 2016, 02:21:06 pm »
Is the full lease document available on-line to see who will be liable for costs over run, extended conversion time etc.
i haven't seen it but I'd guess West Ham pay fuck all of that cost

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1856 on: November 2, 2016, 02:28:58 pm »
Looking back the Spurs plans for the stadium & paid redevelopment of Crystal Palace Athletics home look pretty good now.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1857 on: November 2, 2016, 02:31:35 pm »

I wrote details from the lease at the time it was released, think it's in a separate thread from a few months back. To sum it up, they paid £15m of the conversion cost (now over £320m), were allowed to sell their old stadium for £70m+ and give none of this towards the costs, and pay something like £2m a season which includes all maintenance, running and policing costs.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #1858 on: November 2, 2016, 04:54:19 pm »
Just wondered if it specified number of events it could be used for outside the football season and any precise dates, whether the extended time frame for conversion would impact on this and who would be held responsible.

Overall a massive mess from the start and as always government legal advisors are useless, they would do better to outsource to professional legal firms at the start rather than doing things on the cheap.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1859 on: November 2, 2016, 05:34:28 pm »
It all falls on the operator, not West Ham. They have fucked it up from day one - from a bad design, to a bad conversion design, to a massively underestimated (and expensive) conversion cost, to a shockingly poor deal with West Ham, to not getting more from West Ham for the conversion, and not to the massively underestimate of the set removal (£300k to £8m) and time taken.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1860 on: November 2, 2016, 06:03:59 pm »
they really really should have had football in mind when building that stadium. The costs are horrific

Offline woolage

• Main Stander
  • Did you smash it?
« Reply #1861 on: November 2, 2016, 07:31:04 pm »
It all falls on the operator, not West Ham. They have fucked it up from day one - from a bad design, to a bad conversion design, to a massively underestimated (and expensive) conversion cost, to a shockingly poor deal with West Ham, to not getting more from West Ham for the conversion, and not to the massively underestimate of the set removal (£300k to £8m) and time taken.

Agreed. All an enquiry will do is confirm what we already know (& predicted) and result in the same old cliched finding that mistakes were made and "lessons have been learned". There's no way anyone will be truly held accountable for this mess because in situations like this they never are.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1862 on: November 2, 2016, 07:51:41 pm »
they really really should have had football in mind when building that stadium. The costs are horrific
wasnt part of the reason they got it because they said it wasn't going to be used as a football stadium post games?

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1863 on: November 3, 2016, 04:04:59 am »
Bit mad.

Police are investigating claims West Ham striker Andy Carroll was threatened and chased by armed motorcyclists.

The alleged incident happened when the England forward, 27, was driving home from training at about midday on Wednesday.

Carroll is believed to have driven away from his pursuers and headed back to the club's Rush Green training ground.

A West Ham spokesperson confirmed that police were handling the incident.

It is understood police were called at 12:45 GMT after Carroll returned to the ground.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37855914
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1864 on: November 3, 2016, 07:42:55 am »
Anyone else imagining the Hairy Bikers, holdin' up Andy Carroll.

Then goin for a Roast lunch...

...with Andy.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1865 on: November 6, 2016, 01:49:48 am »
Adrian is a shit keeper.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1866 on: November 6, 2016, 02:20:47 am »

West Ham must take some blame surely? No way did they get that deal without some shady activity.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #1867 on: November 6, 2016, 03:31:31 am »
Looking back the Spurs plans for the stadium & paid redevelopment of Crystal Palace Athletics home look pretty good now.

wtf is the twisted red metal thing supposed to be, it's like something robbaz designed in rollercoaster tycoon. 

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1868 on: November 7, 2016, 04:07:40 pm »

ha ha ha
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1869 on: November 7, 2016, 04:09:44 pm »
Ambitious.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1870 on: November 7, 2016, 04:10:45 pm »
And I'm sure they'll both be pushing for the move...

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1871 on: November 7, 2016, 04:13:22 pm »

ha ha ha

:D

Hi Nathaniel, it's David Gold - look I know you're playing a team that's playing the best football on the continent and it looks as though you'll make a push for trophies BUT we'd love for you to come and join us.............
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1872 on: November 7, 2016, 04:16:13 pm »
Hi Daniel, it's David Gold.
Do you get ever tired of being so close to those noisy supporters during the match?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1873 on: November 7, 2016, 04:18:00 pm »
Hi Daniel, it's David Gold.
Do you get ever tired of being so close to those noisy supporters during the match?

I Guess the bench is a little too close for his liking, yes. ;)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1874 on: November 7, 2016, 04:18:32 pm »
Hi Daniel it's David Gold.

Who ?  *click*

Fucking Telemarketers.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1875 on: November 7, 2016, 04:18:35 pm »
;D

Online red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1876 on: November 8, 2016, 12:38:23 pm »
wtf is the twisted red metal thing supposed to be, it's like something robbaz designed in rollercoaster tycoon. 

Not sure if serious??
You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #1877 on: November 8, 2016, 07:21:40 pm »
wasnt part of the reason they got it because they said it wasn't going to be used as a football stadium post games?

Well the people behind the bid (who wanted a nice new permanent athletics stadium) said so, but the IOC has often awarded games where the stadium ends up as a football ground in the past, so it probably wasn't the deal breaker it was made out to be.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1878 on: November 19, 2016, 07:27:41 pm »
Their summer signings are a comedy show. Nordveit is horrific, Zaza one of the worst I've ever seen and that fat lad from Beşiktaş looks like he's never played football before.

Offline LFC_NCL

• Main Stander
« Reply #1879 on: November 19, 2016, 07:55:54 pm »
im loving it, after the abuse i've copped from hammer mates the last couple of years, and their once in a lifetime season they had last year, this is tasting very sweet, love to see them get relegated, go back to punching on with millwall in the championship

i.c.f  - i can't fight