Author Topic: The great ticketing PR Blag - Living on a PRAyre  (Read 29529 times)

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The great ticketing PR Blag - Living on a PRAyre
« Reply #40 on: February 8, 2016, 12:45:16 pm »
Brilliant work, good to see it all laid out without the attempted PR of the club
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: February 8, 2016, 12:50:49 pm »
Remember the last live Q&A the owners did, everyone lying about their question to get on air then going mad about Hogdson  ;D

Darren from Thetford.  :lmao

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #42 on: February 8, 2016, 01:09:34 pm »
£50 in the Anny Road, with that fucking letterbox view? If they want to stick their 9 quid tickets anywhere it should be in there.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #43 on: February 8, 2016, 01:12:50 pm »
This is what separates this site from so many.

A well done and thank you to those involved.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: February 8, 2016, 01:39:22 pm »
https://twitter.com/lfc/status/696689116780568576

LFC thanks fans for submitting questions for tonight's Q&A however due to ongoing ticketing discussions, this will no longer take place.
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: February 8, 2016, 01:39:47 pm »
 ;D

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #46 on: February 8, 2016, 01:44:01 pm »
Bloke needs to grow a spine.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: February 8, 2016, 01:48:41 pm »
https://twitter.com/lfc/status/696689116780568576

LFC thanks fans for submitting questions for tonight's Q&A however due to ongoing ticketing discussions, this will no longer take place.

You'd like to think this may mean the club is changing it's position (hopefully).

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #48 on: February 8, 2016, 01:52:01 pm »
Hopefully this is ultimately good news. Although I wouldn't hold my breath! These last few days have hopefully been a reminder to everybody that football fans can have a say.

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: February 8, 2016, 02:00:06 pm »
The man of the people has gone to ground. Perhaps our invisible chairman or owner(s) can field answers instead.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #50 on: February 8, 2016, 02:13:02 pm »
The @LFC twitter account failing to mention Klopp's comments on the protest Luckily the likes of Melissa Reddy was there to catch it

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #51 on: February 8, 2016, 02:13:39 pm »
Feel a bit sorry for Ayre. Yes, he doesn't help himself sometimes, but surely the final say on ticket prices come from Henry/ Werner / that Hogan fella (not Hulk)

Ayre just seems to be the mouthpiece but ends up getting all the shit from the fans.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: February 8, 2016, 02:18:26 pm »
Feel a bit sorry for Ayre. Yes, he doesn't help himself sometimes, but surely the final say on ticket prices come from Henry/ Werner / that Hogan fella (not Hulk)

Ayre just seems to be the mouthpiece but ends up getting all the shit from the fans.

Maybe, but he has a very prominent role and he would have some sort of say in these things.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #53 on: February 8, 2016, 02:24:27 pm »
This post needs to get out to a wider base than RAWK.

It's been shared on the RAWK Twitter account, but some retweets wouldn't go amiss. :wave

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: February 8, 2016, 02:27:35 pm »
The @LFC twitter account failing to mention Klopp's comments on the protest Luckily the likes of Melissa Reddy was there to catch it

What did he say?

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #55 on: February 8, 2016, 02:28:27 pm »
What did he say?

Nothing, they were old quotes from his Dortmund days.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #56 on: February 8, 2016, 02:28:45 pm »
What did he say?

Klopp on Saturday's protests: "I heard about it.. Now I know it's my problem too but I have to collect more information."

Klopp: "We need to find a solution. We don't want that people leave the stadium before the game is finished."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #57 on: February 8, 2016, 02:31:14 pm »

In true to form big business practices, there should have been between 3-5 proposals for the board to review and pick from.

Pluses and minuses for each.

They are probably going back to review the other potential ticketing proposals. Maybe even going back to the drawing board to develop new ones based on certain criteria.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline longtimered

• Kopite
« Reply #58 on: February 8, 2016, 02:32:51 pm »
But they leave Klopp to field questions at his press conference while the CEO can duck out-disgraceful.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #59 on: February 8, 2016, 02:45:10 pm »
Have you included the Supporters Club allocation in your calculations - these are separate from members and general sale?

This is from last summer:

"OLSC group booking allocation will reduce to 680 in 2015/2016 per Barclays Premier League home match from 840  in 2014/2015."

The 2014/15 allocation of 840 is also much lower than it was a couple of years previously. There was a big change in the summer of 2012-13 which reduced allocations substantially.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #60 on: February 8, 2016, 03:05:43 pm »
It's been shared on the RAWK Twitter account, but some retweets wouldn't go amiss. :wave

I've shared it on the biggest Swedish Liverpool forum.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #61 on: February 8, 2016, 03:16:07 pm »

Liverpool fans reflect on protest at Anfield amid fury over ticket increases.

Both of ESPN FC's Liverpool bloggers, Dave Usher and Steven Kelly, were at Anfield on Saturday and they took part in the mass walk out after 77 minutes.

We asked them what it was all about:

http://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2803460/liverpool-fans-walk-out-anfield-amid-fury-over-ticket-prices

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: February 8, 2016, 03:16:18 pm »
Have you included the Supporters Club allocation in your calculations - these are separate from members and general sale?

This is from last summer:

"OLSC group booking allocation will reduce to 680 in 2015/2016 per Barclays Premier League home match from 840  in 2014/2015."

The 2014/15 allocation of 840 is also much lower than it was a couple of years previously. There was a big change in the summer of 2012-13 which reduced allocations substantially.

Yup. The figures eventually worked backwards from were the ones club supplied to SoS. The spreadsheet has a tab where I played with guestimates. 2012 figures hold 9950 as starting point. Members Sales advertised were 10,000 til this season so 8500 is focusing on that angle. The assumption becomes that disabled/OLSC allocations merge into normal matchday numbers once that circa 4k additional is removed

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #63 on: February 8, 2016, 03:18:35 pm »
Fantastic OP, and though a lot of it took awhile to take in (I'm sure I missed a couple of vital points, only because I don't know the importance of certain numbers), it's a great in depth report. I'm hoping sooner or later someone with time (and knowldge) and take Harinder's epic report and provide a summary of the key points and conclusions. When I'm discussing this with my colleagues and friends, it would be great if I could have some key points and conclusions to present (for people with my limited knowledge on the subject).

Once again, OP was much appreciated, and helpful. It must have taken a lot of time and energy! :wave

Maybe, but he has a very prominent role and he would have some sort of say in these things.

I think his responsibility is far more than that. He should know better. He knows the current trend within England, especially in Liverpool, with reference to ticketing. Presumably, he would have been in a better position than FSG to gauge the potential response to the ticket price changes, and he must have given them the green light. In fact, I'd go as far as to say he underestimated the understanding and knowledge of the supporters on the whole ticketing process, and probably thought he was smarter than the average supporter and would easily pull the wool over our eyes. Either that, or he just assumed we'd be too weak and submissive to make any sort of protest.

Thankfully, we've shown otherwise. We've got the likes of Harinder, Sp, and undoubtedly numerous others that are clearly knowledgeable about the current situation, and we've also got a supporter base that is willing to stand up together and make a statement, as shown by the weekend's protest.

Now we'll see how FSG turn this around. They'll know that we'll know, whatever their next move is will show their true intentions and commitments as per their relationship with the supporters.

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #64 on: February 8, 2016, 03:26:09 pm »

I think his responsibility is far more than that. He should know better. He knows the current trend within England, especially in Liverpool, with reference to ticketing. Presumably, he would have been in a better position than FSG to gauge the potential response to the ticket price changes, and he must have given them the green light. In fact, I'd go as far as to say he underestimated the understanding and knowledge of the supporters on the whole ticketing process, and probably thought he was smarter than the average supporter and would easily pull the wool over our eyes. Either that, or he just assumed we'd be too weak and submissive to make any sort of protest.

Thankfully, we've shown otherwise. We've got the likes of Harinder, Sp, and undoubtedly numerous others that are clearly knowledgeable about the current situation, and we've also got a supporter base that is willing to stand up together and make a statement, as shown by the weekend's protest.

He should have known better - he was around in the Hicks and Gillette days - he knew what we were capable of then

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: February 8, 2016, 03:30:52 pm »
Fantastic OP, and though a lot of it took awhile to take in (I'm sure I missed a couple of vital points, only because I don't know the importance of certain numbers), it's a great in depth report. I'm hoping sooner or later someone with time (and knowldge) and take Harinder's epic report and provide a summary of the key points and conclusions. When I'm discussing this with my colleagues and friends, it would be great if I could have some key points and conclusions to present (for people with my limited knowledge on the subject).

Once again, OP was much appreciated, and helpful. It must have taken a lot of time and energy! :wave

Now we'll see how FSG turn this around. They'll know that we'll know, whatever their next move is will show their true intentions and commitments as per their relationship with the supporters.

He will have been sitting in Premier League meetings for years so he probably did think that something of this scale would not be achieved. As has been discussed before, the ticketing issue is something that has been raised for a long while, by loads of clubs. So him and his other Premier League club mates know about it but probably felt that nothing really tangible could be done about it.

I read that they are having another PL meeting in March sometime. Wonder if fans of other clubs are discussing doing things to ramp up the pressure on their own clubs. Apparently there was talk of capping away ticket prices but 7 clubs objected and it only takes one to give in and they get the 14 majority?
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 03:32:46 pm by killer_heels »

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #66 on: February 8, 2016, 03:33:36 pm »
He should have known better - he was around in the Hicks and Gillette days - he knew what we were capable of then

By my recollection it was depressingly little for much of their time in charge even after became apparent that they were destroying the club.

Still its good to see a bit more activism amongst the fans now.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #67 on: February 8, 2016, 03:48:06 pm »
I see they don't trust Teflon Pr DisastAyre to do the Q and A now.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: February 8, 2016, 04:26:04 pm »
It's all pre-submitted. They'll answer only what they want to which is a shame.

It's a shame of course but rather pointless and misleading as well. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: February 8, 2016, 05:13:30 pm »
It's a shame of course but rather pointless and misleading as well. Thanks for pointing that out to me.

It's also been cancelled  ;D

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #70 on: February 8, 2016, 05:29:02 pm »
Brilliant OP mate.

I see they don't trust Teflon Pr DisastAyre to do the Q and A now.

I can imagine the ructions in Boston now. They apparently employ a local lifelong supporter whose forte is selling things as their CEO.

After nine months of talks with the likes of SOS he manages to fuck it so badly that a quarter of the ground leaves in protest and the fans start contacting the Clubs sponsors.

I doubt they would trust him to select the office biscuits at the moment.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: February 8, 2016, 05:29:47 pm »
Excellent work Harinder. Not great with this type of thing, but skimming through, the big black hole in the ticket numbers down to the growing hospitality numbers they are keeping off the books, and surprise surprise Ayre has been dressing up the cat A £77 tickets (and those that surround it) figures to suit his spiel.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #72 on: February 8, 2016, 06:38:03 pm »
Brilliant OP mate.

I can imagine the ructions in Boston now. They apparently employ a local lifelong supporter whose forte is selling things as their CEO.

After nine months of talks with the likes of SOS he manages to fuck it so badly that a quarter of the ground leaves in protest and the fans start contacting the Clubs sponsors.

I doubt they would trust him to select the office biscuits at the moment.

Spot on Al. I'd trust Ian Ayre to have got the best biscuits available at an excellent price, but then provide Coffeemate instead of a cream jug, because he knows about prices but little about values.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #73 on: February 8, 2016, 07:36:25 pm »
Good work Harinder.

More stamina than me mate.

Problem is, it was all so transparent in any case.

Ian Ayre is nothing short of an arsehole who genuinely thinks us all thick. His 'astonished' comment, shows the respect he has for fans and fan groups. His talk of dialogue and the appointed Supporters Comittee, is laughable. No doubt there will be some concessions but I doubt we'll see much, if any, movement on the 20% increase some in the main stand face. There have been an erosion of main stand tickets from general to hospitality in recent years in any case, to say nothing of the joke hotel packages in the holiday inn express in Kirkby or out at Speke airport.

They think we are tits and that is about the sum of it, and nobody more so than Ayre.

God only knows where this is going. I have hated the club for as long as I can remember over so many things,Mars to reconcile with the way I go the game, but Ayre even puts Parry's self centred dealings with Hicks n Gillette to shame. He's an arsehole of the highest order who actively works against us at every level.

Hope that something can be done but seriously doubt that we are about to see any wind of change on the treatment of fans at the club.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: February 8, 2016, 07:37:18 pm »
The problem with all the ticketing prices released is the Match day pricing.

If the Match day pricing had changed pro rata as per the new season ticket pricing we would not of had this mess.

Some season tickets that have gone down in price the commensurate match day ticket has gone up.

If they fix this then the situation while not perfect would be a great way of moving forward.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #75 on: February 8, 2016, 07:45:55 pm »
The problem with all the ticketing prices released is the Match day pricing.

If the Match day pricing had changed pro rata as per the new season ticket pricing we would not of had this mess.

Some season tickets that have gone down in price the commensurate match day ticket has gone up.

If they fix this then the situation while not perfect would be a great way of moving forward.

So it's ok to increase ordinary fella's season tickets in the main stand by 20% having hit the same people with a big hike 2 seasons ago? They are also asking for the money before the end of the season now when a few shorts years ago you had till the end of June and could even pay as late as July for an additional score?

Divide and conquer, that's the idea.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #76 on: February 8, 2016, 07:52:02 pm »
Brilliant OP mate.
The guy you're probably referring to is Joe Januszewski. He is the employee customer fan who brought LFC to John Henry's attention while we were getting G&Hed.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/nesv-key-man-joe-januszewski-3393738

He was the the Senior Vice President Corporate Sales at Fenway at the time. Interestingly and ironically, he left Fenway to go work for the Texas Rangers (yes, Hicks's old baseball team) just 4 months after NESV acquired LFC according to his LinkedIn profile.

I would love to know why he left Fenway and the opportunity to work for LFC to go work for the Rangers just 4 months later. Must've been a lot more money and nothing suspicious...?  ;)
« Last Edit: February 8, 2016, 08:06:52 pm by LiverBirdKop »

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: February 8, 2016, 08:27:53 pm »
The guy you're probably referring to is Joe Januszewski.

Pretty certain he was talking about Ayre mate. Although I think Ayre's role is MD?
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: February 8, 2016, 08:42:44 pm »
Harinder's wonderful work just got a mention on TAW discussion :)

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: February 8, 2016, 09:19:48 pm »
Hopefully this is ultimately good news. Although I wouldn't hold my breath! These last few days have hopefully been a reminder to everybody that football fans can have a say.

If only this mindset could be expanded to toe rest of the nation [outside of football]...