Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2009139 times)

Offline Redeo

• Kopite
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #1440 on: May 26, 2016, 10:23:28 pm »
Fuck me, what a depressing read. Moaning, miserable gits.
I disagree. I think the debate is quite interesting, and more so than most of the typical RAWK stuff when everyone is quick to jump on the same page. There are mantras here more often than not, and it is quite fruitful to read people who express their views however controversial.

Until somebody comes along, that's it, and says its all bullshit and reactionary.

If you don't like it, that's fine. But let people be.
It's a website mate. Names can't be named. If they were, there'd be mutiny. If they aren't, people will scream ... ask for proof. But you will never find 100% proof of anything on here. So, .. look at all evidence, weigh everything up and make a decision.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1441 on: May 26, 2016, 10:56:38 pm »
And there we have it. Don't dare criticise or sensible discuss the deficiencies of fan favourite Coutinho. My issue with Phil isn't that he doesn't score in big games, it's that his general performance level is very low and outside of worldies, he doesn't influence games in the slightest. And not just big games, but any games.

He will improve, but is he every going to be a world class left winger who perfectly suits a Klopp system? I guess we'll see. If you actually read my posts and didn't just act like an angry 12 year old getting his favourite player criticised, you would see I rate Coutinho highly. I think he has incredible talent, but he isn't using it the right way. He's far too concerned with taking pot shots and scoring worldies.

As for by some distance. He wasn't. At all. Name me 5 elite performances he put it. Manchester City away. When else?

In fact, don't bother. You obviously aren't capable of a sensible discussion and resort to nonsensical hyperbole when someone dares to criticise your favouite player.

Meltdown? Get a grip.

I preferred RAWK when subscriptions were closed.

How about we have new members inducted only on the say so of 3 existing members? A bit like the Free Masons
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:58:34 pm by Wingman »

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #1442 on: May 27, 2016, 10:08:36 am »
That's like asking three jailhouse witnesses to testify.

Offline coutinho and firmino

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1443 on: May 29, 2016, 02:28:30 am »
We can't afford a dip from Firmino (or Coutinho for that matter) next season. His numbers were solid but they have to be better if we are to do damage in the league.

Offline MobileBayRed

• Kopite
« Reply #1444 on: May 29, 2016, 03:26:44 am »
We can't afford a dip from Firmino (or Coutinho for that matter) next season. His numbers were solid but they have to be better if we are to do damage in the league.

Both he and Milner came on second half of the season, which is encouraging.  There was an obvious transition period with Firmino, but he seemed to settle after the holidays.  Give him a good pre-season with Klopp and the squad and I think he should be off from match 1. 
just can't confirm that delivery address and consequently gets non stop pelters off PayPal.

Offline An Ex-Pessimistic Monkey Spanker

• As optimistic as his last post and climax. Statistical and analytical studies of Actual Or Potential Girlfriends reveal.......probably fuck all......we're sure he'd gopher one though.....thinks this profile belongs to him.
  • Anny Roader
  • I love whining about my profile being tweaked!
    • Statistician Mother Ship
« Reply #1445 on: May 29, 2016, 07:06:21 am »
LFC scored the 2nd most goals in the league once Klopp took over (Spurs was 1st).

This despite injuries to more or less everyone at one point or another.

The attacking third is not the problem with this team right now.
Battling Hodgson-esque Stone Agers since 2016!

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1446 on: June 13, 2016, 06:05:02 pm »
How likely is it that he might be called up for Olympics considering he wasnt selected for Copa America

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1447 on: June 13, 2016, 06:09:14 pm »
How likely is it that he might be called up for Olympics considering he wasnt selected for Copa America

50/50

Offline AaronSingh25

• Never Going to Grow Old. Dis-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1448 on: June 13, 2016, 06:30:59 pm »

Think it's almost a guarantee. They're alternating their squads, so it would mean (if we keep) Coutinho he's unlikely to go.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1449 on: June 13, 2016, 08:05:28 pm »
Depends I guess - generally considered that Neymar will be going and so he fills one of the overage slots, and there are only 2 remaining. But yeah it wouldn't be all that surprising if Firmino took one of those spots.

Offline KennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1450 on: June 14, 2016, 01:21:27 pm »
I honestly can't wait to watch more of this lad next year.

Despite his really promising first season, I really believe he's going to take his game to a new level and step up to be one of the elite players in this league.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1451 on: June 14, 2016, 09:14:32 pm »
I honestly can't wait to watch more of this lad next year.

Despite his really promising first season, I really believe he's going to take his game to a new level and step up to be one of the elite players in this league.
Totally agree with you, honestly don't think some people realise what a top player he is. Be very surprised if we get a player even close to his level in this transfer window.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1452 on: June 17, 2016, 09:05:53 pm »
Brilliant news.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Doubter To Believer.
  • Super Title: And back to Doubter
« Reply #1453 on: June 17, 2016, 09:18:05 pm »
Delighted at that. Will mean both Firmino and Coutinho will be getting full pre seasons. If we sign Mane that will be 3 of them all getting the full pre season.
Believe

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1454 on: June 18, 2016, 03:45:31 am »
Great news that . Hopefully Can and Karius also left out

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1455 on: June 18, 2016, 11:02:02 am »
can already in the euro squad. Can he be called up again for the olympics?

Only Karius left, hope he gets left out too. Maybe him getting some mysterious ailment that can only be cured by combination of unicorn horn powder, training at melwood and herr klopp hugs.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1456 on: June 18, 2016, 11:13:50 am »
can already in the euro squad. Can he be called up again for the olympics?

Only Karius left, hope he gets left out too. Maybe him getting some mysterious ailment that can only be cured by combination of unicorn horn powder, training at melwood and herr klopp hugs.

He can be called up but I'd like to think we'd tell 'em where to go.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1457 on: June 18, 2016, 01:05:35 pm »
He can be called up but I'd like to think we'd tell 'em where to go.

damn..the footie calendar is ruthless isn't it.

no doubt about them footballers getting millions but still they are not robots eh...

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1458 on: June 18, 2016, 05:47:22 pm »
Brilliant. Fully expect this man to build upon his good second half of the season.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1459 on: June 18, 2016, 07:02:19 pm »
Kind of wanted Firmino to go. Could have been huge for him in what looks like a very strong & attacking preliminary squad. The responsibility of being an older player & experience would have been good for him & in turn us long term.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1460 on: June 18, 2016, 07:38:26 pm »
Kind of wanted Firmino to go. Could have been huge for him in what looks like a very strong & attacking preliminary squad. The responsibility of being an older player & experience would have been good for him & in turn us long term.

A pre-season and a start to the season with us would be more beneficial IMO.

Offline Notorious IT

• Gilt complex.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alcoholic
« Reply #1461 on: June 18, 2016, 10:29:20 pm »
A pre-season and a start to the season with us would be more beneficial IMO.

Yeah also might inspire him to do better for us to get noticed again.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1462 on: June 28, 2016, 11:58:04 am »
Honestly really excited about Firmino for the new season.

A complete pre season with no distractions under Jurgen Klopp. He'll be raring to go.

He finished the season with 9 goals in his last 15 league games. That's quality.

He could really take off this season I think.
Believe

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #1463 on: June 28, 2016, 12:40:51 pm »
Signing of Mane will be huge for Firmino as I think he`ll benefit hugely from having genuine, raw pace very close to him.

A lot of times last season he didn`t have that option in games as he had the likes of Phil and Lallana around him who are looking to drop deep for the most part and play in front of defence while Sturridge these days doesn`t make as many hard runs in behind. I think Firmino is outstanding in the final third when he has the ball and somebody is ahead of him making a run at a right time.

But for this to work fully we`re also gonna need to sign ball playing CM who can get him the ball early and precisely while opposition back 4 is not fully set and that is exactly what we`re trying to do so hopefully we`ll manage to sign that player.

--------------------Sturridge/Origi

Coutinho----------Firmino---------Mane

Our front 4 really looks balanced now and has everything you need for any challenge in this league - pace, power, trickery, finishing and dribbling ability.

Haven`t been this excited about a new season in a very long time, it`s gonna be absolutely glorious.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1464 on: June 28, 2016, 01:16:50 pm »
I honestly think the only two players who had a consistent relationship last season were Firmino and Lallana, which seems to have been completely missed. Just watch the United first leg again - they were brilliant.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we go into plenty of games with those two, Coutinho and Mané as our front four - particularly with Sturridge and Origi's injury records.

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1465 on: June 28, 2016, 02:36:41 pm »
So he's not going to the Olympics then?  Obviously disappointing for him, but good news for us.  He could do with some rest, and a full preseason.

Offline King Klopp.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1466 on: June 28, 2016, 02:43:37 pm »
So he's not going to the Olympics then?  Obviously disappointing for him, but good news for us.  He could do with some rest, and a full preseason.

Nope. Wasn't announced in their preliminary squad.
Believe

Offline Redinho

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1467 on: June 28, 2016, 02:46:30 pm »
Nope. Wasn't announced in their preliminary squad.

Thanks, great news for us  ;).

Offline diegoLFC7

• Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #1468 on: June 28, 2016, 04:37:49 pm »
Would hardly dissapoint him. If anything the copa america omission would have dissapointed him.
Seen us win everything

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1469 on: June 28, 2016, 10:05:53 pm »
Would hardly dissapoint him. If anything the copa america omission would have dissapointed him.

Playing alongside Neymar at the home Olympics trying to win the trophy thats eluded them is pretty big.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1470 on: June 29, 2016, 01:38:04 pm »
Does anybody know if Firmino had played with anybody comparative to Mane at Hoffenheim?
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1471 on: June 29, 2016, 03:25:31 pm »
Does anybody know if Firmino had played with anybody comparative to Mane at Hoffenheim?

Volland to a degree? Maybe not so much on the pace aspect though.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1472 on: June 30, 2016, 10:28:02 am »
Both Firmino and Coutinho haven't made the Olympic squad ;)

Offline G-Dragon

• Kemlynite
  • OH, so you wanna argue? BRING IT. Capslock ON!
« Reply #1473 on: June 30, 2016, 12:04:57 pm »
Coutinho was never going to make Olympics squad having already played in Copa. Glad Firmino will not go either. Hopefully we start the season with Karius too.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1474 on: June 30, 2016, 12:15:49 pm »
That's great from a selfish point of view but I'm sure the lads would of loved to have taken part.

Oh well, pre-season is shaping up nicely now!

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1475 on: June 30, 2016, 12:21:02 pm »
That's great from a selfish point of view but I'm sure the lads would of loved to have taken part.

Oh well, pre-season is shaping up nicely now!

It really is isn't it?

The Brazil lads will be there, new signings (hopefully including Karius).

Do we have anyone left at the Euros?  Can is there, but played no active part so far so will be fit, and having played no competitive games.  The Belgian lads - again, hardly any game time.  And of course wee Joe, but who knows whats happening with him.

Even with extended holidays for some players taken into consideration, we'll have everybody back reasonably early.

We really need it!

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1476 on: June 30, 2016, 02:12:30 pm »
It really is isn't it?

The Brazil lads will be there, new signings (hopefully including Karius).

Do we have anyone left at the Euros?  Can is there, but played no active part so far so will be fit, and having played no competitive games.  The Belgian lads - again, hardly any game time.  And of course wee Joe, but who knows whats happening with him.

Even with extended holidays for some players taken into consideration, we'll have everybody back reasonably early.

We really need it!

Zielinski is still there (if he signs), think that's about it. Can will have been training every day so he'll still need a break, ditto for the Belgian trio.

Offline coutinho and firmino

• Main Stander
« Reply #1477 on: July 1, 2016, 01:57:07 am »
Firmino surely must be raring to go watching all this international football? I hope he destroys Arsenal in August.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1478 on: July 1, 2016, 05:33:43 am »
Zielinski is still there (if he signs), think that's about it. Can will have been training every day so he'll still need a break, ditto for the Belgian trio.
Considering that Benteke will be sold, Mignolet replaced in goal and Origi has been out for a long time and is fresh, the Belgian contingent is okay.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1479 on: July 5, 2016, 05:35:26 pm »
Am I imagining things or has Bob been on the pies?

Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4